Flashlights & Late Nights

Blood & Beignets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Hoseok was feeling better than usual in terms of balancing his two work lives, which was probably kudos to his little festival hang-out with Taehyung last night. 

However, his genuinely sunny personality so early in the morning dissipated quickly into one of alarm when he saw Min Yoongi walk into MiniMini with dark circles under his eyes. "Yoongi! What happened to you?" His tone hinted at true concern for him, but he disregarded it as mere instinct.

"Just had a rough night, that's all. I couldn't sleep." grumbled the blonde-haired baker. 

"What got you up so late at night?" Meetings with the secret organization? A new assignment to kill someone? Or...

Hoseok was met with a deadly gaze.

...could he have possibly found out who I truly was?

The truth was none of Hoseok's thoughts.

When Yoongi had left the festival that night, he had constantly rubbed his chest since he had felt "strange palpitations" coming from his heart. 

Arrhythmia? His recent medical check-up showed no signs of heart problems. 

Was it the weather? It wasn't particularly hot last night, nor was it frigid. 

Over-exhaustion?

Yes.

It has to be that.

But why did the pain come after seeing--

"Yoongi!" Jung Hoseok's familiar voice rang in his ears as he strode into the bakery. Hearing his light tone lifted Yoongi's spirits up, but at the same time, he couldn't help but feel an unbearable weight upon his chest. "What happened to you?" 

The red-head's concern for him just produced even more "pain".

"Just had a rough night, that's all. I couldn't sleep." Yoongi grumbled, partially telling the truth. He had gotten back home, listened to Jin screech his eardrums off from last night's observations, and then he laid in bed, restless. He tried to make use of his restlessness by coming up with new recipes, but it was useless; his mind wasn't able to concentrate on anything other than the sight of Hoseok's brilliant smile.

Not knowing why irked him to no end.

"What got you up so late at night?"

Yoongi watched the younger stare at him with a pair of knit eyebrows to indicate his worry. 

He sighed and turned to him with a sarcastic look.

"Nothing you should have to know about, Hoseok-ah."

And he left it at that, leaving the red-head to set up with the other waiters as he himself went to set up the kitchen for today,

unaware that Hoseok was still regarding him closely.

"Are you in position?"

"I should be telling you that! I swear, you damn spider--if you mess up again--"

"I won't mess up. Status update."

"It just started. Jin still believes that I'm away for a business trip for BigHit; ah, the target's already inside. Perfect timing for me to break in now."

"Hey, he has a name, you know."

"Since when did you start caring?"

Hoseok clicked his tongue in irritation through the earpiece as he dropped steadily into MiniMini's dimmed kitchen. He adjusted his white, surgical-like mask that covered most of his facial features--except his eyes--as he looked around. His red locks, as usual, were covered by his black beanie.

9:00 p.m. Thursday evening was the set date that Hoseok and Taehyung had agreed on to break into both MiniMini and Yoongi's apartment simultaneously. Through various conversations with many of Yoongi's friends, they found out that Jin was holding another party--well, less of a party, more of a hang-out, actually.

Both Hoseok and Taehyung had invitations extended to the both of them, but when they saw how they could use this opportunity , Taehyung had lied, saying he was going to be on some business trip, while Hoseok merely stated that he was "tired".

Jin had taken the cake, especially after seeing Yoongi go through over-exhaustion.

He didn't want the same happening for one of his waiters and good friends.

Later that day, Hoseok had given Taehyung a run-down of how the apartment was laid out. The younger wanted to find a copy of MiniMini's schematics for his colleague, but the older had downright rejected him.

"Don't act all cocky now."

"I've been working there for a while now. I know that kitchen like the back of my hand."

Hoseok had especially taken advantage of one large vent that led into the kitchen; there were a few cameras in the kitchen, but the multifaceted assassin was able to manipulate them into playing a feed of the empty kitchen for two hours. (He was sure he didn't have to take any longer than that to get what he needed.) It was fortunate enough that the cameras didn't pick up sound.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter