Perfect 10

Title

It felt like Seulgi was trying too hard on something she didn’t understand herself. She admitted that she liked Irene. No, she fell in love with the older girl. Since their meeting, her life has been about Irene, Irene, and Irene Bae, the gorgeous lady she couldn’t believe to be that close with. She still do photography. However, she left her camera untouched for a week and then she felt weird about it. She wanted to show Irene that she was really good in photography and maybe she should apply for a photographer for the magazine instead of being a model. Seulgi knew that in order to help Irene, whatever it actually meant, that she must be model. She must strike poses. But she also wanted to proof that she was good with operating the lenses and capturing beautiful moments.

 

Beautiful, like the older girl herself.

 

Seulgi decided to bring her camera to the studio. It was the day of the photoshoot with model Kim Jisoo who turned out to be Irene’s cousin. As soon as the two of them met, Seulgi gave Irene a smile. She held a hope that Irene would take a look of her shots. She was planning to get some shots in the studio if she was allowed. Irene gave a smile too but then she noticed the camera bag and blinked.

 

“What’s in there?”

“My camera. I haven’t got the chance to show you my talent with this baby.”

“B-baby? That’s how you call your camera?”

“Well... sometimes? It’s okay if I bring my camera, right?”

“Y-yeah... it’s fine. Let’s go.”

 

The studio has been set and the make-up artists were getting busy as soon as they noticed Seulgi. They dragged the monolid-eyed girl and get her in the outfit for the shoot. “Irene!” Seulgi managed to hold Irene’s wrist gently and stop her from leaving the dressing room. “You’ll... you’ll stay, right? You’ll watch over the photoshoot?” You promised me. Seulgi gulped when she saw Irene’s smile and soft nod. “I will. Just don’t get distracted or try to find me among the staffs. I want you to focus, okay?” Irene reached Seulgi’s cheek and caressed it. “You’ll do great. You’re beautiful even before getting your make up done.”

 

You can’t... keep doing this to me, Rene.

 

After reassuring the younger, Irene stepped outside and was greeted with a girl in a rush. “Joohyun! Oh God! I still wonder why you’re not into modelling again!” It was Kim Jisoo, Jisoo, her cousin, the model paired up with Seulgi. “Hi, Jisoo. You look great today. And can we not talk about it? I don’t want people here hear anything about it.” Irene gave a forced smile as she gently put away Jisoo’s grip on her elbow.

 

“Right. Sorry. It’s just that my mom! Ugh, I swear she’s so annoying if she sees me on TV and comments that you’re going to pose better than me. I mean, maybe, yes, but can’t she jus—?”

“Jisoo, she’s just teasing. She’s your number one fan.”

“I hope she acts like it one day. She’s your number one fan and your mom is mine.”

 

Jisoo gave Irene a wink and the older just let out a chuckle. It was true that both of them were always compared with each other. At some point, Irene went mad and even snapped because she was tired. Jisoo is beautiful and a lot of people like her. Irene herself admired her cousin. But because of the comparison from their family, she once envied Jisoo and tried to compete her cousin in modelling industry. That was another story which Irene decided to put behind. The childish tension between her and Jisoo has long gone.

 

But then, she was not sure.

 

“I heard that this Kang Seulgi is really pretty. Where did you scout her?”

 

Kang Seulgi. That girl was also adored by Irene. The beauty and purity she saw in the girl’s whole presence made her keep looking. She wanted to see the beauty, her, Seulgi, as long as she could, as often as she could. And she didn’t know why asking the girl to be her model seemed to be a good idea.

 

“She’s Yerim’s friend. I met her and offered her to be my model.”

“Really? Ugh, I miss that brat. But she must be really pretty, huh? You offered her right away.”

“She is beautiful.” Maybe you’ll see her yourself.

“If so, you should make a collaboration often!” Jisoo gave a wink before she proceed to the dressing room.

 

Somehow, Irene disliked the idea of doing more collaboration of Jisoo and Seulgi in the future. Maybe, once or twice but not as often as Jisoo suggested. She wondered of the two girls’ interaction while she was opening the project files from her secretary. “Miss Bae, he’s here.” Nayeon’s word got Irene turning her head to see Bogum walking with a very confident smile. “You can take the files. Tell the crew to get ready. We should start soon.” Irene said as she stood up from her seat. Nayeon nodded and left Irene to greet Bogum.

 

Why, though?

 

“Did you sleep well last night?” asked Bogum.

“I did. I’m looking forward to see the models posing.” Irene smiled.

“But you’re not going to see them, right?”

Irene turned her head. Her eyes widened a bit and there was this tugging in her heart she knew exactly why.

“Every time there’s a photoshoot, you’re always in a different room with an excuse. I didn’t understand why.”

“I will stay.” She stated as firm as she could.

“Really? You don’t have to push yourself if you have your own reason.”

“I promised Seulgi.”

 

At that moment, Irene swore she saw something passed by Bogum’s face. There was an expression she couldn’t really explain what, however she knew that it was unpleasant. She has never seen it before in Bogum’s eyes. The young man succeeded to put a smile which seemed to cover whatever it was really well.

 

They didn’t talk after that. Irene was waiting on her seat, looking around for a sign of Seulgi. She might need some words that might help her relax. However when she saw Seulgi walking out the dressing room with Jisoo and a camera on her hand, she felt the tugging in her heart again, more obvious this time. And hurt more, somehow. Jisoo posed a few times and Seulgi was seen taking pictures of the model. They laughed and looked very comfortable with each other. Irene thought that maybe her presence was not needed to make Seulgi calmer, to put away the tensed feeling on her neck and smile. But... she had promised.

 

The photographer gave a sign and the photoshoot started. Irene managed to put away her previous thoughts as soon as she saw Seulgi. She didn’t know that seeing the girl’s beauty being captured by the lens live was quite breathtaking. Seulgi was beautiful and Irene knew that. The older girl just didn’t know that it could be so intense and mesmerizing. Seulgi seemed to cooperate well with Jisoo. They had a good vibe. Irene was relieved because the photographer praised them after taking the first few takes to test the lighting. Will we look as good in front of the camera? Irene thought.

 

“You want to be in frame too, huh?” Bogum’s words caught her by surprise.

“No! I don’t!” she denied strongly. Her face got redden.

 

Irene’s voice was actually loud enough for the whole studio to hear. Even Seulgi turned to hear and looked confused. Irene looked away and pretended that she didn’t say anything. “Come. We need to talk.” Bogum grabbed her by the hand. “We can talk after this.” Irene tried to pull her hand away but Bogum’s grip tightened. “I don’t really think so. We’re talking now.” He led the way to the dressing room with Irene trying to pull away. At that exact moment, they didn’t know that Seulgi saw them. She noticed that they left and she felt her heartbroken again. Did Irene just break her promise again? She felt a soft nudge from Jisoo.

 

“See? I told you.”

 

Seulgi started posing again but she didn’t feel as comfortable. She felt like she was sitting and facing the wrong side, giving the camera the wrong angle of her profile. Her gaze was not as relaxed as it was before. When she met eyes with Jisoo, she thought that Jisoo caught that her countenance has changed. “I think we need to take a break for a while. I want to take a look at the taken pictures.” Seulgi was saved by Jisoo’s word. With that cue, she headed to the dressing room but stopped before she went inside because she heard voices. Her hand was at the doorknob yet she felt like pulling it back but wanted to break in at the same time. When her she slowly let go of the handle, she heard something again; a woman’s voice, raised; as if she was frustrated or cornered. Irene was frustrated and cornered.

 

{ * * * }

 

“Why do you want to talk about? We can just talk about it outsi—?!”

 

Bogum kissed Irene and she could feel the force. She put her hand on his shoulders and tried to push him away but he demanded for her to reply the kiss. She pulled herself away with some struggle and caught her breath. Her death glare was shot at the guy who had once messed up with her before and she didn’t want do it all over again. No way. “What the hell, Bogum?!”

 

“What the hell, Irene? I knew that you liked me, you were crushing on me. Don’t you ever imagine us kissing?”

“W-what are you talking about?!”

“Oh come on! You think I haven’t heard rumors about us dating back then? I admit, we would make a really good pair but I was not thinking about being in a relationship. You got attached to me and it was actually not something bad, Irene.”

“Stop talking. If you’re going to bring up the past that I’ve thrown away, feel free to throw yourself along with it.”

 

Irene was about to leave when Bogum’s words got her biting her tongue. “I know you’ve thrown the past away and you no longer have feelings for me. It’s cool. Kang Seulgi, right?” he said while looking at himself in the mirror, fixing his suit and tieless shirt collar. “She’s pretty alright, but I couldn’t see anything in her. Not how I see something in you back then and even now.” Irene turned around and faced Bogum. Her fists were clenched hard and she tried to control herself with taking deep breaths.

 

“You can’t see her beauty because you’re full of yourself, Bogum. And you definitely don’t see my beauty every time you look at me. I have realized that.”

“You’re smart, Irene. You’re actually quick but I managed to slow you down once. It’s true. I don’t see beauty though you do look like a goddess visiting her mortals on earth. A perfect ten for your visual.”

“You see opportunity. That’s all I was to you, right? You used me.”

“Now that’s... harsh and rude, Irene. I’m not that kind of person.”

 

Bogum smirked and took a seat, looking at the young woman as if judging her from head to toe. Irene definitely did not enjoy the attention. “I saw my future and you were the one who could help me, who showed me the path so I could be who I am now. Seriously, thank you, Irene. I loved your affection, it was really sweet. At one point I was thinking that maybe I fell for you.” He looked at the mirror and brushed his fingers on his hair. “But no, that was not what I want. I took the chance I had and I was lucky that you supported me!” He smiled brightly and raised from the chair. “If you didn’t agree to give the project you were assigned to on the first place to me, I wouldn’t get here.”

 

“Yes, because if I was the one who did the project I would get the promotion for myself. You convinced me to give it to you. You said that it would be hard for me since I was your junior and you had more experience but that’s bull. You knew I was threatening your chance to get promoted!”

“See? You’re really smart. But Irene, do you think I’m not?”

 

At that point she had a realization that she was on his plan. He got something under his sleeves, a strategy that involved her, again. “I’m calling off this project. Find someone else to work with.” Irene would really want to step out of the room but she had to know what plan Bogum had. She knew she would hear it soon after she told her statement and she got it right.

 

“Tsk, tsk, then Mr. Go would be very disappointed at you.”

“I’ll managed that. You can go back to the states and do your project there.”

“Irene, Irene, listen. People know me now and they anticipate my work here. Have you seen the news? I have a name and I surely don’t want to let the people down.”

“I don’t care about your name, Park Bogum. I’m pulling myself, my crew, and my model from this stupid project of yours.”

“She’s under contract, Irene Bae. You can’t take her away from me.”

No... not Seulgi. Please not her. Irene didn’t say anything but her eyes spoke her worry.

“I thought that she might come handy. You talked about her all the time. You shouldn’t show it, Irene. It’s dangerous.” He smirked.

“You’re a piece of , Bogum. What the do you want?!”

“I never thought that you would ever curse at someone.”

“Enough, Bogum! What do you want from me?!”

“Be my girlfriend.”

 

Irene was stunned. She really wanted to laugh it off but something was just not right. “You think I would want to be your girlfriend? Get the hell out of here and never show your face again!” she shouted. Her head hurt but she must keep her stance steady. “You would once, Irene. Admit it already.” He came up to her and noticed that Irene move slightly backward. He smirked again. “You got some reputation here and just imagine if we have our names together in the news! God, it would feel great. I’ll share the spotlight with you of course. People would anticipate and love more!”

 

“You’re a jerk! You think I would do that?!”

“Well, it’s either that or you could leave from this project, but you know that she couldn’t go anywhere. I could sue her if she violates her contract.”

“Leave Seulgi alone from this!! Don’t you dare touch her!!”

“She’s my model now. If you agree, we can say that she’s our model, Irene.”

“I said leave her, Bogum!!”

 

Irene was frustrated and cornered. Her heart hurt too and she felt like she could faint. She couldn’t imagine Seulgi trapped with Bogum who had shown his true face. She couldn’t let that happen. When she was about to get back at him, the door opened and Seulgi was the one behind it. Why do you have to come now, Seul? Please, run. Get away from this place! At the sight of the younger girl, Irene swore she wanted to hug her and cried. She felt herself started to crumble. She cursed at herself in her mind. Why the do you have to be so weak?!

 

“I-I’m sorry to interrupt you... I’ll just—”

 

“No, Seulgi-ssi. It’s fine. My girlfriend and I were just have a little talk, planning on the next photoshoot. Anyway, you did great! Irene was right about you being a beautiful talent.” Bogum moved away from Irene and opened the door widely. He put his hand on Seulgi’s shoulder and smiled, but the girl seemed uncomfortable. “Are you going to fix your make up?” he asked.

 

“Y-yes...”

“Okay, make sure to do it quick. The photographer will have another schedule after this.” He patted her shoulder. “Come, Rene. We should give her her time.” Then he left first.

 

Irene couldn’t look at Seulgi in the eye but when she did, she could see her hurting. Seulgi... I’m sorry. Seulgi, please, I’m hurting too. Please don’t hate me. Seulgi went in and tried not to look at Irene, which the older girl noticed. “Y-you’re... you.. you did... you did great, Seulgi.” It was hard for her to build that sentence. She could hear Seulgi whispered ‘thanks’. Seulgi passed her and took a seat on the chair which Bogum sat before. Irene couldn’t take it and so she left the room. She felt like suffocating.

 

{ * * * }

 

“Seuuul! Can we get chicken after your photoshoot? Yerim said she also craves for it.”

“Yeah... sure. Are you going to bring Wendy with you too?”

“Probably. She said she’s quite free in the evening.”

“Don’t.”

“Why not?”

“I, uhh... I just want to spend it with you guys. The three of us.”

“Well, okay. That’s not a problem. You’ll tell us details about your photoshoot right?!”

“I... I will, of course.”

“How did it go?”

“It’s not over yet.”

“Oh? But how did it goooo? At least until now.”

“It’s... it’s perfect. Yeah.”

“That’s great! Okay, I’m going to call Yerim and tell her we’re on for chicken tonight! See ya!”

 

Sooyoung hung up the phone. Seulgi took a look at her home screen and saw her photo with Irene which they took during their short camping trip. She didn’t notice that she was holding her phone tightly. Too tight.

 

“It’s perfect...” she whispered. Of course, the image of Irene and Bogum side by side was perfect. But she couldn’t seem to handle that perfection.

 

 

 


OH MY GOD I AM SO SORRY THAT I DIDN'T GIVE YOU GUYS UPDATE FOR SOOOOO LONG! And here I am, coming back with angst OTL. I hope you enjoy this update and I will update the story again soon! Thank you for those who have waited and supported me! Please keep loving and supporting me again hahahaha! Ddaeddaengkyuuuu!