Seulgi - Peek-A-Boo

Title

“You two, get a room.”

 

Seulgi sled onto her seat next to Sooyoung who was teasing and playing with Wendy’s hand. Yup, the girlfriend was now often joining their hangout because Seulgi found that Wendy was a very easy-going person and really fun to hang out with. They found out that they were same-aged friends and their birthdays were only days apart. Sometimes they ganged up against Sooyoung whenever one of them made a point but the youngest did not approve. It was a comfortable friendship between the three.

 

“Aww, are you jealous? Get yourself a girlfriend then get your room yourself.”

“Ouch, Sooyoung.”

 

Seulgi nudged her friend and took the menu book which was laying around untouched on the table. “Have you ordered something?” she asked. “We ordered one vanilla milkshake and medium cheese fries.” Wendy answered and pointed out the menu she picked. “Wait, we? Just one milkshake?” Seulgi turned to the couple and frowned. “Yeah, we’re going to share of course! You know, having two straws for one big glass of milkshake and drink it with your boyfriend thingy? But I have a girlfriend, so girlfriend it is!”

 

Of course the bear like girl could not help but laugh and cringed. “Look at you two. So cheesy, ugh.” She turned another page of the menu book. “We know. That’s why we ordered extra cheese for our cheese fries.” Wendy replied and gave a smug face. “That... was... okay, alright. Fine.” But Seulgi laughed again anyway. “Where’s Yerim? I thought she would kill us if we’re late. It has been 15 minutes now.”

 

And speaking of the devil, she came with such a messy hair and a lot of whining.

 

“gUUUYSSS!! I CAN’T BELIV—” that was Yeri.

“We’re in a ing diner, are you crazy?! Tone down!” And that was Sooyoung.

“OoOOoh... sorry. Right. Hey, who’s this?” asked the youngest, looking at Wendy.

“My girlfriend.”

 

Yeri quickly took a seat next to Sooyoung’s girlfriend and immediately speaks in English. “Hi, my name’s Yeri! Nice to meet you!” she grinned widely. Both Seulgi and Sooyoung tried to hold their laugh and ended up slapping at each other’s upper arms. “Shut it, you two! My English is better than yours!” she protested. “Hi, Yeri. I’m Wendy. Sooyoung told me a lot about you.” The blonde haired girl replied and gave a smile.

 

“Oh my God! I am talking to a foreigner!!”

“Chill, Kim Yerim. She’s Korean.” Sooyoung leaned back, smirking.

“You said she’s from Canada?”

“Well,” Seulgi joined, “she lived in Canada for a long time but she’s Korean.”

“So you speak Korean?” The youngest turned to Wendy who replied the question with two nods. “Holy , did I just embarrass myself?!”

“Language!!” said Seulgi and Sooyoung in unison.

 

The next few minutes was spent on Yeri arguing that it was now okay for her to swear or curse and Sooyoung featuring Seulgi telling her that she was still a kid. The waiter came with the ordered food, so Wendy who was enjoying the arguing stood and helped him then sat back and continued listening the three bickering friends. “Watch me, I am going to swear and curse too if I hear ANY of you swear or curse!” threatened Yeri. “Am I included?” asked Wendy. “Yeah, of course you too!”

 

“But I don’t really swear.”

The rest of them blinked.

“Why can’t the two of you be like her?” asked Yeri who shook her head after that.

“I’ll make you, babe.” Sooyoung gave Wendy a wink and the girlfriend blushed.

“Y-yaaah! I-I mean, how? I mean, n-no, you won’t!” That was Wendy’s defense.

“Oh my god, Wendy Son. What were you thinking?” Sooyoung teased again and laughed as she reached for her fries.

 

Seulgi and Yeri finally ordered a meal. At times, the mono-lid eyed girl took a quick glance at her phone, hoping that a message pop notification would come up. But nothing came since the morning. She tried to distract her attention to her friends who were explaining to Wendy of the story how they knew each other. “Seulgi was our senior in high-school. She was close to Sooyoung who at times became her model. She has always been passionate on photography. She graduated first and did her own thing with photography and sometimes drawing. I entered the school when Sooyoung was... in the last year of high school.” Yeri explained. She also stole some of Sooyoung and Wendy’s fries and ended up getting some slaps on the back of her hand from the giant.

 

“Then how did you meet Seulgi? That was Sooyoung, right?”

“Oh, they used to date. When I met up with Sooyoung again after a few months, she brought Yeri along and introduced her to me.” Seulgi answered.

There was a very awkward silence from Wendy. The girl blinked and look at her girlfriend and Yerim. “What?”

“Oh... maybe I shouldn’t have said that...?”

 

Both Sooyoung and Yeri laughed and got the other two confused. “Oh God, this is funny. I never thought that we ever dated each other!” Sooyoung cracked up. Yeri even coughed because the fries suddenly blocking . “HAHA—!” she tried to laugh but she kept on coughing for a few times. Wendy was bewildered because she knew nothing about this. She only knew that Sooyoung has two close friends; Seulgi and Yerim. She never knew that her girlfriend used to date one of the close friends.

 

“Yeah, so Wendy, meet my ex-girlfriend, Kim Yerim.” Sooyoung smiled at her girlfriend then Yeri.

“W-wait, are you serious?”

“Yeah, I am serious. But we, Yerim and I, were not serious.”

Then, Yeri took over. “We used to date for... seven months? But we were soooo chaotic, silly, but at the same time we were not... that serious about our relationship? Yeah, it felt that way. Hard to explain. We stayed as friends. Seulgi used to be awkward when we said that we broke up because she thought that there might me tension between us if we keep on hanging out. But it turned out well. We’re cool.”

“Of course I felt awkward,” Seulgi added, “you used to date and then broke up but still hang out together. Such exes.” She shook her head.

“We’re awesome.” The devils gave the same winks and expression then high fived each other.

 

Wendy looked at Seulgi and blinked. Seulgi knew what that felt and she gave her friend a smile. When she noticed that Wendy turned to look at Sooyoung, she also noticed that Sooyoung gave her a reassuring smile and she was relieved when Wendy sparked a smile. “Welcome to the club, Wendy.” Seulgi said and raised her glass of smoothie that just arrived to lead the cheering. “A hell of a club!” Wendy also raised her milkshake glass, too late to realize that Sooyoung was trying to take a sip and failed because the straw moved away from her lips.

 

“HEY!” protested Sooyoung.

“HAHAHAHAH! You should’ve seen your face! HAHAHAH! STUPID!” That was Yeri.

“Shut up, you little satan!”

 

Seulgi smiled at her friends. She laughed at their jokes and gave some jokes only to be slapped on her shoulder because they said the joke was no-jam. “But she laughed at my jokes!” Seulgi whined while laughing. “Who? She must be no jam too!” said Sooyoung. “Uhh, Irene?” And then Seulgi wondered by herself. How in the world could Irene come across her mind when she had finally distracted herself from the no-text-from-Irene-since-this-morning?

 

“Wow, Kang Seulgi. You really do fall for my cousin, huh?” teased Yeri, enjoying her milk tea.

“Huh? Irene is your cousin?” asked Wendy. “Okay, I got so much information this afternoon!”

“Yeah! We look a like, right?” Yeri asked while posing, making cute expressions.

“Ha! You wish, kid!” And Sooyoung got a kick on her knee because of that comment.

“You are pretty like her, Yeri.” Wendy said with a smile and another fries went to .

“Oh my god, someone who can see my beauty. You should ditch Sooyoung and date me instead!” she suggested.

“What the ?! Hell, no!” Sooyoung returned the kick and got Yerim holding her knee.

“yOU CURSED!”

“I DID NOT”

“YES, YOU ING DID!”

 

“Eeeeeenooouuugghhh!” Seulgi broke the fight by making barriers with her arms between Sooyoung and Yeri. “You can curse later, not here, for God’s sake! People are looking this way!” She didn’t even dare to check how many people were looking at them. “Oh, right about Irene,” Wendy started and got Seulgi’s attention. Seulgi didn’t really want to talk about Irene because... just because. “What about her?” she lowered her arms. The two younger girls also got distracted and turned their heads to Wendy.

 

“You’re going to be her model, right? Do you know who the other model is?” asked Wendy and Seulgi shook her head. She really knew nothing about that. She should’ve considered some people but she did not expect the name which Wendy just announced a few seconds after Seulgi stated her clueless state. The name got Sooyoung and Yeri’s eyes widened as well.

 

Kim Jisoo?!

 

{ * * * }

 

“Hi, Seul!”

“Hi, Rene... how was your day?”

“Exhausting. I went out all day and I just got home.”

“Oh, so you had fun today? I also met up with my friends.”

“No... I went out with Mr. Go and Bogum. It was all work. I wish it wasn’t, tho.”

“Oh... right...”

“And how are you? How was your day with your friends?”

“It was fun as always.”

“That’s great! I also want to go out with my friends sometime. Maybe with Jennie.”

“Yeah... you should...”

“Yeah, I think so too.”

“So..., uhh.”

“So...?”

“I heard that Kim Jisoo would... be the other model for the project.”

“Ah, that’s supposed to be a secret... did Bogum tell you?”

“No, Wendy did. She must’ve heard it.”

“Oh... you also went out with Wendy?”

“Yeah, she’s my friend.”

“...of course she is. Yeah.”

“Do you think I can be friends with Kim Jisoo as well?”

“Eh...? W-why..? Do you like her?”

“Yeah, I do. I like her. I couldn’t believe it when Wendy said she was going to be the model!”

“Then... then, it’s good! Hahaha, she is friendly... I mean, yeah...”

“I can’t believe I’m going to meet her! I ever dreamt of taking her pictures you know, as a photographer. I never thought I’d model up with her.”

“Y-yeah... life is... full of surprises! Right? Hahaha..”

“Are you close with her? Can you introduce me with her, like before the photoshoot?”

“...sure. I’ll introduce you to her.”

“Thanks a lot, Irene. Now have some rest. Good night!”

“Good night, Seulgi...”

 

She hung up the phone and looked at the screen of her phone. She blinked, sighed, and then looked up to the ceiling. Three heads blocked her view and Seulgi let out a deeper sigh. “Well, she did sound... different after I mentioned Kim Jisoo,” she said as she woke up and sat, facing her friends who gathered at her place. “But I bet that was nothing. Why were you sure that it would affect her in any way?”

 

“Because Kim Jisoo is the only person who is always compared to her since they were kids,” answered Yeri.

“Excuse me? Kids?”

“Yeah, I know. I have two amazing cousins, right?”

“And look at you,” added Sooyoung, “are you sure you’re cousins?”

“Shut up, bish. I live my own pretty life!” Yeri threw a pillow at her.

“yOU BRAT!”

 

It would be hopeless talking to the two bickering girls who were now fell from the bed, fighting. Seulgi sighed and crawled to Wendy’s side, looking at her. “You heard her voice. I actually didn’t feel right putting it on loudspeaker but...” Wendy suddenly put her hand on top of Seulgi’s and told the girl to calm down. “I heard. You must think that it only deals with the fact that there is Kim Jisoo in your conversation, right?” asked the blonde girl. Seulgi nodded. “You don’t think that it has something to do with you saying that you like Kim Jisoo?” she asked again. Seulgi shook her head.

 

“I mean, it’s just the same, right? It’s just about her and Kim Jisoo. Me saying that I like Kim Jisoo does not mean anything.”

“What if she doesn’t want you to like Kim Jisoo the way you like her?”

“No way.”

“Yes, way.”

“No, Wendy... it’s not like that. She doesn’t like me. I just... have to live with that fact. She has Bogum anyway.”

“Hey, why don’t you keep your hope with you? There is a chance, Seulgi. I saw it.”

“You saw what? A chance?”

 

Sooyoung’s head suddenly popped up at the end of the bed. “Are you done stealing my girlfriend?” she asked. “Are you done cuddling your ex-girlfriend?” asked Seulgi. Sooyoung threw the pillow that fell along with her earlier and said, “ you.” Seulgi caught the pillow. “Eew! There’s no way I’d you!” There was no agenda of pillow fight, but something unplanned was sometimes fun.