Pain.

He is Kwon Ji Yong

 

“Please don’t tell anyone… Or even Dara…” Ji Yong said as he recovered from pain and was now walking with Tae Yang. 

 

“Why? Do you like her already?” He simply asked.

 

“No. She would just keep on bothering me.” He said as he continued on walking.

 

“Well… If that’s what you really want… But when are you planning to at least tell her about your situation? And I’m pretty sure you have no plan at telling me this also not until I saw you.” Tae Yang’s voice switched to a slightly mad tone.

 

“This is my problem… I don’t want anyone to know it… This thing might come out and people out there would just start to talk about me or even my family...” Tae Yang paused for a while, getting the point of Ji Yong which made him a bit satisfied.

 

“But Dara… She won’t do such a thing like that, Ji Yong.” He continued as he looked down on his feet.

 

Ji Yong stopped from walking and turned to Tae Yang.

 

“What’s with Dara? Why does she need to know? This won’t do anything with her, you or anyone, so what’s the point of telling this stupid illness?! To ask for their sympathy? To change everything. How they look at me, how they talk to me… And tell them that soon, I’ll…” He stopped, not wanting to tell or even mention the word die. He kept quiet after and made a deep and heavy breath as he shook his head and continued on walking.

 

“Sorry, Ji Yong.” Tae Yang said as he followed him.

 

“It’s okay. Sorry too…” He sighed with a small smile. He walked again and went to their classroom.

 

“Am I the only one who knows this?” Tae Yang asked as he sat on the chair next after Ji Yong’s.

 

“No. The librarian. I asked her to keep the result. I told her to tear it, burn it or whatever. He’s the other one I trusted since I spent my whole life in the Library.” He smiled.

 

“But I took it back… I just don’t feel it’s safe there anymore since Dara started following me there. He might think she’s my bestfriend.” He continued as he chuckled.

 

“Wait. When I asked you where do go everytime you ditch classes, what’s the real answer…” Tae Yang added.

 

“I spend my time in the Library but soon, after experiencing the pain, I just spend my time in the CR.” He softly laughed.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier… I mean, I’m your bestfriend.” Tae Yang said as he leaned forward to Ji Yong.

 

“I don’t know. No worries. There’s still a year…”

 

“But that depends, Ji Yong. It could be longer than a year… Or…”

 

“Or I might not complete a year.” He smiled as he hid his teary eyes and wiped it immediately with the back of his hands and smiled at Tae Yang.

 

Even if he hides it from Tae Yang, he still knows that. Who wouldn’t be sad if you knew you’re dying… Sooner… And that there’s no really a sure answer on how long you will still live… It could be longer… Or it couldn’t also reach a year… You’re dying little by little everyday… And the saddest part is that you see the people around you, just cheering you up… Telling you to be stronger even though they know you’ll still leave. At a young age… That’s probably sad. But he’s a lucky one. He could still be prepared, unlike others who dies differently. Like in accidents… What am I thinking.

Silence covered the room for a moment until they heard a loud sound. It was Dara who entered the room and slammed the door as she tried to catch her breath.

 

“You guys! You didn’t come back!” Dara said as she sat between Ji Yong and Tae Yang. There was an awkward silence between the two until Ji Yong looked at Tae Yang, as if telling him to just act normally.

 

It was pretty sad. Seeing someone who treats Ji Yong as her bestfriend but doesn’t know anything about the situation… This is worst than being pushed away. She acts normally, speaks freely and she could still piss Ji Yong off while I’m worrying about him and wanted to ask him so many questions. It’s also good if I just didn’t know and see anything… But this is the reality… I understand now what he was trying to point out earlier.

 

"So, what's up?" Dara asked as she looked on her both sides, smiling from ear to ear.

 

"Well... Nothing much really." Ji Yong replied once, trying to cover up the thoughts of Tae Yang and so he won't be that obvious.

 

When the bell rang, Tae Yang took Dara's arm telling her that they should go back to their respective classroom. "Hey, would you be in the Library later?" Dara smiled as she looked back at the serious Ji Yong who suddenly smiled when he turned to Dara to cover up the black aura. "No. I wouldn't. We're not close yet Dara." He replied.

 

"Tsss... Fine... If you won't go there, I have to attend classes today also." Dara smiled childishly.

 

"Okay, okay. Let's go now Dara." Tae Yang intterupted as he tried to pull the silly Dara.

 

"Ji Yong seems to be nice today..." 

 

"Really? He's still nice to that attitude huh." Tae Yang chuckled.

 

"Yes... He smiled at me... He SMILED." She emphasized as she pulled the door of their classroom.

 

Dara... If you just know what situation he's up to right now... Poor Dara...