TOP appears

The Antagonist

.

.

.

.

.

It was just another day today.. wake up at 6ish.. getting ready and walked to school, attending the homeroom session and the first few lesson. Hanging out with friends during lunch.
I thought it would be the same day as usual, as if nothing happened between Jaejoong and me yesterday until I bumped onto him face to face.

“Hyosun?” Jaejoong said when he saw me about to go into my classroom. It seems as if he just dropped by to put his books in my class. Ahhh .. yeah, the next class is his. “Go to your seat. I’ll be back in a minute. Just need to get some stuff for today’s class.”

“Y-yes..” I replied while slightly nodding my head.
He replied me with a smile and a light pat on my back before he went to get his stuff. Just by seeing his smile, my lips automatically curled up into a smile too.

 

 

“Hyosun!” Taeyeon called me. I quickly rise my head to look at Taeyeon who was sitting at the middle of the class with two our classmates. “What are you doing just standing over there? Come here! We’ve got something to tell you.”

“Oh ok..!” I said before I walked over to their seats. “What is it?” I asked once I sat down.

“Do you have anything to do this evening..?” One girl with long hair, Yuri, asked.

“No..” I answered while looking at them weirdly. I knew that they must have something in mind.

“Do you mind if we go out for a dinner..?” The other girl, Sooyoung, asked.

“What do you guys have in mind?” I decided to ask them straight away.

“Well..” Sooyoung chuckled.

“We are going on a blinddate with four guys from School J… And we are short by one person. Seohyun refused to come..” Yuri explained.

“I know you might not want to come, but PLEASEEEE! Just this once!” Taeyeon put her hand together as she was begging me. It’s kind of different from the last time she begged me to join a blind date. I think there must be one guy she likes from this school.

“Fine.. I’ll go..” I sighed as I accepted it. “But just this once okay?”

“YAYY!!” The girls cheered happily.

“Oh and we will go to-“ When Taeyeon was about to explain the details, Jaejoong just entered the classroom with a pile of paper, which the students guessed must have been a homework or something. They whined when they see the papers..

“I know I know.. I won’t make this your homework but we will do it during the class.” Jaejoong said. He understood what the students think. But the students whined even more when they heard that.


 

During class, Jaejoong asked a student to try and solve a question on the board. Whilst the student was doing that, Jaejoong spaced out. He was thinking about the conversation he just had on the phone before. It was when he went out of the class, wanted to pick up the papers. He went towards his office, the health room, actually to pick up a call from his old client.
“I’ve told you so many times that I won’t be accepting anymore offer as of now.” Jaejoong said to the phone.

“Please. You are the only one I can rely on. You know the pay for working with me will be high.” The man said over the phone.

“Look. I’m not interested in the cash right now.” Jaejoong explained. “I just have to remain low for the moment until TOP lowers his suspicion on me.”

The man sighed. “When is that going to happen? You know TOP. He won’t let go over a case if he hasn’t solve it yet. So with your decision remaining low forever, won’t solve anything. TOP won’t let you go no matter what your decision is. Why don’t you just get on with it?”

.

.

.

“Sir?” A student poked Jaejoong on his shoulder. Jaejoong got startled and he gain his consciousness again. “Are you okay?”

“Y-Yeah!” Jaejoong answered. “Sorry guys.”

The students laughed seeing his reaction. “How can you spaced out when you are the teacher???”

“No no no.. I wasn’t spacing out..” Jaejoong smiled. “I’ve been eyeing on  Hyosun, Taeyeon, Sooyoung, and Yuri.”

This time, the four of us got startled. But I guess I got startled for a different reason. When Jaejoong mentioned my name, I can’t help but to think about the kiss yesterday. That made me embarrassed and my heart beats fast.
 

 

Jaejoong walked over to us and took out his hands. “Give me the paper that you’ve been passing around.”
I sighed in relief when he asked for the paper, but wait! No! That’s worse!!

Just when I turned my head towards Taeyeon who got the paper, she already gave the paper to Jaejoong. Jaejoong opened the folded paper and read it out loud to the class.
“Park entrance G, at 6pm. Do not worry, my friend said that they are all good looking! Today’s blind date gonna be fun! Kyaa! >v<” Jaejoong even imitated a girl’s voice while reading that. It made the whole class laughed while the four of us hold silent grudge at him.. =_=


 

Later after school, I packed up my bag and headed my way out to the school entrance where Taeyeon waited for me. We agreed to get ready at her house. On my way down, I bumped onto Jaejoong near the staircase. “See you tomorrow.” I said to him while maintaining a calm face and continue walking down the stairs. But Jaejoong grabbed my hand and made me walked up a couple steps up and stopped right in front of him.
“Are you really going to the group blind date?” He asked.

“Yes.” I answered.

“How many boys are there?”

“four.”

“Which school are they from?”

“I can’t remember.”

“Where are you guys going? What time are you gonna go home?”

“Why are you asking me all these questions?? It’s my personal life!”

“It’s about your safety! What if they did something bad to you? It’s a blinddate after all. You don’t really know those boys well, what if they are delinquents. You shouldn’t underestimate strangers. They might a  highschoolers but who knows what they have in their mind?”

“You’re just a teacher anyway.” I said.

Jaejoong finally lets go of my hand. “Fine.”
I felt a little disappointed that he’s not holding my hands anymore, I kinda hoped that it would last longer… I totally forgot about the students that might passed by there. But I just love the warmth trace he left  on my hands.


 

At the same time, TOP was watching my school from the nearby intersection. He was seen wearing a suit, and his other subordinates are in disguise, wearing normal clothing walking around the school. As he was watching the school, I bumped onto him. I was talking to Taeyeon, and I didn’t look at the front.
I kinda wobbled but thank God, TOP and Taeyeon grabbed me before I fell down.
“Be careful. Look at the front when you walk.” TOP said.

“Y-Yes.. Sorry.” I bowed to him.

Right then, TOP saw Jaejoong coming out from the school gate. Jaejoong realized TOP’s existence when their eyes met. Jaejoong smiled when he saw him, as if he was happy. TOP just maintain his serious expression.
Jaejoong calmly walked over to our direction. “Long time no see, sergeant.” He greeted. TOP did not reply but stared at him.
“So, what brings you here?” Jaejoong asked again. “Did your boss asked you to watch over me?”

‘Watch over me??’ Both Taeyeon and I thought. Jaejoong still did not realize that thegirls in front of TOP are us.

TOP sighed before he folded his hands. “It’s not what you think students, go home.” TOP said to us, it was if he knew what we were thinking. Or he was just doing his job to not reveal their cases to strangers..?

Taeyeon and I followed his words, and we just walked away without taking a glance at glance even once. Jaejoong thought it was just another students in his school. But after listening to that short conversation. I started to try to think what they were talking about. Was Jaejoong a criminal or something..?

 

Once we are gone, they continued their conversation.
“So, is it like what I thought it is?” Jaejoong asked.

“Yeah. I am supposed to be watching over your action.” Top said. “Never that I thought I would find you here.”

Jaejoong laughed after hearing his answer, “I can’t believe a person like you actually listened to your boss. You know that you actually worth more to be the inspector rather than being one of his workers right?”

TOP just stayed quiet and kept on listening to Jaejoong.
“So are you going to arrest me now?” Jaejoong asked. “Might help you get promoted.”
 
“I would love to but I have no evidence nor reason to do so. So I’ll be watching over you from now on.” Top patted Jaejoong shoulder as he passed by him. “..teacher..”

When Jaejoong looked over his shoulder to see TOP walking away, he said, “Don’t worry. I have more fun things to do here. I haven’t been involved in any underground business… YET.” He emphasized his last word.

Top stopped and glared at him. He did not know whether he’s saying it to or he’s telling the truth. But rather than that, what Jaejoong said previously interests him the most. “What ‘fun things’?” TOP asked.

“Human’s feelings.” Jaejoong answered before he walked away.

.

.

.

.

Thanks for reading!!