Dark business pt 1

The Antagonist

Yup i at title..

and

Sorry for the long wait.... *bow*

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

It was a good weather outside. The sun was shining brightly with a slight wind that balances the weather. It was weekend too, so a lot of people are outside to hang out and relax on their day off. But Jaejoong spent his day since the morning in an underground room. There are no window whatsoever, only two lights brightens the billiard room.

Jaejoong was bending down a little on the pool's table as he positioned himself before he strikes his cue on the white ball. He made a perfect break shot.
“So how’s the goods Mr.Han..?” A man lights up his cigarettes.

Han chuckled as he found the question silly. ”Mr.Kim, you know how I work. It’s perfect. They are on its way here.”
Han made his way towards the pool table as it is his turn. While Jaejoong went to the side, leaning against the wall with his billiard stick, watching his colleagues playing, while waiting for his next turn to play.

“Great.” Kim replied with a big smile. “Now we can leave all the delivering to Soo family to you Jaejoong.”

Jaejoong replied them with a smirk, as if saying ‘leave it to me’. But that smirk is gone the moment the man diverted their eyes to somewhere else. Jaejoong just wanted to get out of this place and job as soon as possible. He knew that the only way is to get this job done.

 

 

At that moment, two men barged into the room, bowing 90 degrees to everyone in the room.
“Excuse me.” A guy with small eyes said. He smiled while bowing his head a couple of times.

"That's enough. Just get on with it." The other guy smacked his head.

"Oh yes, yes.. Sorry.." He apologized.

"I'm sorry. He's new." The other guy apologized.

"It's alright." Mr. Kim chuckled, he was in a good mood. "He's got a great smile for someone new in this business."

The guy was happy to hear the parise, hence he smiled again before saying, “It’s patrolling time.”

Han, Kim, and the other men in the room put down their cues to get on with the patrol. They leave the room as it is to let their underlings clean up their mess. Same goes for Jaejoong, he left his cue near the wall before he followed after Mr.Kim.

Once they arrived at the entrance, they break away onto 5 different groups. Each gets into a different car. And Jaejoong is one of the leaders of a group. Each car went separate ways towards a destination in a city.

 

oki small quiz, who is this small-eyed guy?

Guess it was an easy one. So you will see later towards the end of the chapter :)


 

Meanwhile I’ve been walking around the CBD area for the last 2 hours, sending in job resumes. Since my mom refused to increase my allowance I was left with no choice but to work.
“I had this feelings that they all will reject me..” I sighed.

“Don’t think so negatively first! All you did is just handing in your resume. I’m sure at least one will accept you.” Taeyeon patted my back, trying to cheer me up.

“I hope so…” I sighed again. “I can see my $350 dress for this year’s prom flying further and further away from my sight…”

Oh come on!! Don’t be so down! You’ve got time. “Taeyeon said. “We have like 5 months away to prepare. Chill!”

“…Yeah…” I said.

Taeyeon sighed when she saw me so down like that. At that time, she spotted a nearby Japanese ramen shop.  “Hey, why don’t we eat first. Food is always the best medicine.”

“Alright.” I said. Both of us then headed towards that restaurant to eat our dinner.

 


 

 

Jaejoong finally arrived at the destination. He looked out from the car’s window to a couple of food stands near the area. He sighed deeply knowing what he has to do now. His subordinates came out of the car first before him, and helped him to open the door. Jaejoong got no choice but to go out of the car too and proceed his duty.
“So is this the area for today?” Jaejoong asked.

“Yes.” One of his subordinates answered.

Jaejoong put on his sunglasses before saying, “Let’s go.”
and the four of them walked towards the food stands.

 

 

“Hey, what’s happening there?” Taeyeon suddenly looked outside while pointing out from the window where we were sitting. My eyes followed where we are looking, so as some other customers in that restaurant who overheard Taeyeon.
I saw four men in suits approaching the food stands and suddenly pushing away the chairs and tables they see. It seems like they are a part of a mafia or the landlord of that area.

 

 

“Who told you you can run a business here??”
“Do you even have a permission??”
“Shut this down!!”
The four men shouted to the owner of the food stands. The customers who were eating at that food stands quickly ran away. They don’t want to get involved.

One of the store owner, a woman, approached one of the men and hugged his legs.
“Please!! This is the only way I can survive…!” She begged.

“I don’t care!” The man kicked her and she fell down to the floor. “You are not supposed to run a business here. Follow the ing rules!”
The man then continued to destroy the other food stands in front of him.

That time, Jaejoong stopped right in front of the woman. Looking at his figure, the woman got terrified and starts shedding tears. But surprisingly, he bent down and helped the woman to stand up.
“My apologies for his behavior towards you just now.” Jaejoong said. That calms the woman a little and made her thought that at least one of them is not as bad as she thought. However, that angelic figure of him is gone within seconds when he stopped smiling and looked at her through his sunglasses. “But you better be following the rules. The next time will be worse.” He threatened. The woman was startled with his sudden change.
Jaejoong then let go of the woman hand before he kicked a chair in front of him.

 

 

“I’ve told them to not open a business there but they won’t listen.” One chef in a restaurant that I’m eating at sighed. He was looking out of the window while wiping a bowl with a napkin.

“Well, can’t help it. That’s the only way for them to make money..” The other chef commented. “I’m sure that they know this would have happened..”

 

 

The guys continued to destroy every food stands standing on that particular area. Jaejoong too, he ripped off the plastic attic from a stand and threw it on the floor while pushing every table and destroy them.
When he was doing that, he noticed that there is a small candy can with coins and notes spilling from it. On the can, it’s written, ‘Soohee’s new handphone’.
“Please.. Not that one..” A grandma’s voice begged. Jaejoong shifted his eyes to where the voice comes from and he saw this grandma sitting on the floor. Her tears had dried and she was looking at the candy can while pleading. It seems like she saved that money for her granddaughter.

Jaejoong then kneeled down and picked up the notes and coins and put it back in the can.
“Oh please..! Not that..! I’ve been saving it since 5 months ago..” The grandma started to plea again.

“I won’t. I’m not that low.” Jaejoong said to the grandma. “….yet…” He added.

The grandma was stunned when he heard him. “I know that I broke the rules but please.. this is the only way I earned money.”

“Grandma. I f I were the owner of this area, I would’ve let you.. But maybe with a rent fee but I’m not the owner.” Jaejoong smiled faintly at the grandma. He then placed the candy can on the grandma’s lap before he stood up and flicked his fingers.
“Guys, it’s enough. Let’s go.”
His subordinates stopped destroying things and made their way towards Jaejoong. While they are passing some of the owners of the foodstands, they hissed at them and gave them a glare.

“Ok people, you should learn your lesson by now. Next time, I don’t want to see any of your faces here.” Jaejoong said. Jaejoong then turned around and walked towards his car, followed by his subordinates behind him.

When they started walking away. Some people who passed by, helped the people to get up and try to comfort them. Taeyeon and I felt like we needed to help them too. Lucky we just finished our meal and we headed out after paying. We were kind of scared and tried to not make it obvious that we wanted to help them because the men are walking towards our direction. Their car seemed to be parked right in front of the restaurant we just ate at. It feels weird how these days people are getting scared to help people around them because they don’t wanna be involved. Me too, starting to feel that way.


 

When Jaejoong looked up to the front, he was startled to see Taeyeon and me at the front. He stopped for a while.
“What’s wrong?” One of Jaejoong’s subordinate asked.

“N-Nothing..” Jaejoong said. He pretended that he’s scratching his hair to cover the right side of his face from me.

Surprisingly, it seems that my eyes met his when we passed each other. Jaejoong’s eyes grew bigger when he realized that but lucky that he has his sunglasses on.

“What the are you looking at huh?” One of his subordinates with small eyes shouted at us. Both Taeyeon and me got startled when we suddenly being told off like that.

Jaejoong then patted the back of his hand near the guy’s hand as if telling him to ‘stop it’. He wanted to said it out but he knew that his voice is a bit distinct. He’s afraid if I figured out that it is him. But even so, when he saw our expression towards them, he

accidentally said, “Sorry.”
He hates seeing that ‘hate’ expression from me.

 

“Eh?” I responded.

“Yes..?” Jaejoong replied, trying to act calm, even though inside he’s screaming his heart in fear.

“No.. It’s just that you remind me of my teacher and.. your voice is similar too..” I said.

“W-What kind of teacher would have another profession like me.. ha ha ha.” He tried to make his voice deeper and he sounded stiff when he laughed. But stupidly, I did not realize that nor that I think it’s weird.. ==’

 

To get out of this situation, he walked towards the car faster and went inside it. When he was about to close the door, one of the guy was about to enter to but Jaejoong refused.
“Daesung! What are you doing??? Use the other door!!” Jaejoong pushed the guy and closed the door. Daesung was surprised with Jaejoong’s behavior. He has always looked up to Jaejoong as a strong, cool, and cunning guy; but that image of his is slightly changed now.. But anyway, he went around and get on from the other side.

Seeing that, I came to think that it is not Jaejoong. To think again.. Jaejoong is such a cool guy, he would never act that way..
So Taeyeon and me continued to walk towards the foodstands and somehow helped them a little, while Jaejoong’s car drives away. Jaejoong was watching over us until we are gone from his sight.


 

“Sir.” Daesung who sat next to him called him.

“What??” Jaejoong frowned. He was a little bit pissed that he interrupted his ‘session’.

“T-There’s a phone call from Mr.Kim.” He said as he offered the phone.

Jaejoong sighed before he answered the call. “Yes?”

“The goods have arrived. We are meeting with our client tonight at 10pm in HK Casino.” Mr.Kim said over the phone.

“Got that.” Jaejoong replied before he ended the call.


 

At the same time, TOP was smiling as he was watching a computer screen with ten other police officers.
“Heard that?” TOP asked.

“Yes!” They all replied.

“This is amazing..”
“I cant believe we did it..!”
“Now we can catch them easily.”
“The head office will have a better impression of us now.”
TOP heard all these conversation behind him.

“Get ready for a meeting in 10 minutes.” TOP said.

“Yes sir!!” All of them replied.

The officers then break into their own individual activities while getting ready for the meeting. TOP was satisfied that he could get into their information very fast.
.

.

.

.

 

i think this chapter has too many dramas.. haha sorry~~

but thanks for reading! ;D

 

So how was the simple-and-not-so-fun quiz? Did you get the right one? It's Daesung! :DD