....

The Antagonist

.

.

.

.

.

Drrr drrr…

 

Drrr… drrr….

 

Jaejoong peeked out of the bathroom door to check whether it really is his phone that’s ringing. He turned off his shower and put a towel around his waist to cover his lower area before he went out of the bathroom to pick up his call. He glanced at the name on his phone and he sighed before he answered it.
“Yes Mr. Kim?” Jaejoong greeted.

“I have been waiting for your call.” Mr. Park said over the phone. “Thank you for helping me to release my son from jail.”

“What is this H50 that you wrote on the paper?” Jaejoong went straight into his own question. He was playing with the paper that Hyunjoong passed to him last time.

“That’s the item that we are going to ship this time. We need the perfect information broker and we need someone who can execute the plan perfectly. There’s no one else that I could thought of but you. So please.”

“Like I’ve told you, I can’t do it now. I won’t-“

“Look.” Mr Park butted in. “This is going to be the very last time. After this, if you wanted to quit it’s up to you but my life and family are depending on this project..”

Mr Park kept on persuading Jaejoong on the phone by telling him his plan and how important it is to him. Jaejoong closed his eyes and rubbed his forehead with his fingers. He doesn’t care about the project. He just wanted to quit being an information broker for the moment since he’ll end up in jail or sure if he’s getting caught. The probability he’s getting caught is more likely than before now that TOP is involved. He wanted his case to died down a little before he’s getting into action again.

“Remember Jaejoong. You owed me.” Mr Park said. That’s when Jaejoong opened his eyes again. “If you do this, I’ll count the debt as repayed but I’ll still pay you.”

Jaejoong remembered what Mr Park had done to him. His mind flashes back to the time from few years ago. A few scenes entered his mind. There was him who was beaten and being held back by an officer and Mr Park who was right in front of him. But he hates to remember the rest of the memory. He hates it when he has owed something to someone.
“Name me the price.” Jaejoong said. Hoping to clear up everything at once.
Mr Park smiled the moment Jaejoong said that. He was happy that he finally got hold of the most skillful information broker.


 

“Hyosun, let’s go home together!” Taeyeon said after she packed up her bag.

“Not today, sorry.. I need to be somewhere else first..” I said to her before I ran out of the classroom towards Jaejoong’s office.

“Let’s go home.” I said as I opened his office’s door. I folded my hand and lean my shoulder next to the door, acting as if i don't really care whether i'm going home with him or not. I saw Jaejoong stood up near his desk, with his bag on top of the table. Seems like he’s ready to go. But..

“Sorry.. I can’t take you home like I’ve promised today.” Jaejoong said. “I have a business somewhere else..”

“Oh okay..” I said, trying to hide my disappointment. I was very excited to go home today.

Last night after he dropped me off, he told me before I closed his car’s door:

“I’ll drive you home from now on.” Jaejoong said.

“Why?” I asked.

“So that you won’t wander around at night. Seems like you’ve been wandering out late at night a lot lately. I’m worried.”

I was happy when he said that he’s worried about me. I bit my lips to stop myself from smiling. “You don’t have to. Plus, isn’t it suspicious for a teacher to drive his student home everyday..?”

“We could work that out.” Jaejoong smiled.
 

But….. He told me he can’t drive me home now.. =_=

“Sorry.. Maybe tomorrow?” Jaejoong said.

“Oh well. It can’t be helped.” I sighed. “It’s not like I wanted to be sent home by you anyway.”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything. He just smiled and patted my head before he left the office. I turned around to watch him walked away until he’s gone from my sight.


 

However, since that day, Jaejoong barely joke around in class and he looked 100x more serious than he is. The students thought that he must be having tough times or he is in a bad mood. They found him to be scarier and colder when he is acting all serious.

And.. He cancelled his promise for sending mehome again today… and the next day.. and the next next day.. and the next next next day… and it goes on for 2 weeks. Well.. I did pretend that I didn’t care about it but I feel suspicious so I decided to ask him about this by approaching him after school in his office. However, he already went back home ahead of the students.

Every evening, he would meet up with Mr Park to discuss. He spent more than 3 hours in Mr Park’s house to discuss their plan with their crews. Later at night, he would go out to execute some plan with a few crews and Mr Park. He would wander around at night and it seems like he’s patrolling the area.

 

Too bad for him, one of TOP’s underling saw him. He quickly reported this to TOP.
“He was with who?” TOP asked his man.

“He was with Mr Park and his right hand at night around K area.”

“What were they doing?”

“I’m not sure. I tried to follow them but I could go as far as to see them meeting another 2 men and went into one of an abandoned building.”

“Inform team A and tell them to get ready. We will go out tonight to investigate them.” TOP said.

“Yes sir!” The man salutes him before he went out to do what TOP asked him to.

TOP leaned on his chair while folding his arms. He was deep ion his thought but it wasn’t long until his lips curled up into a smirk. He has a good idea in his mind.

.

.

.

.

.

Thanks for reading! :)