Last

The Antagonist

 

.

.

.

.

 

It was 9:30 at night. Jaejoong is in a black van with his other three subordinates. They were about to deliver the goods from Mr. Kim to his client at HK Casino at 10pm.

Looking out from the car’s window, it’s just another busy Friday night at the town. Alot of people are passing by, be it couple or family.

“Sir, it’s 9:40. Shall we get going?” Jaejoong’s driver asked.

“Sure. Let’s go.” Jaejoong said.
The four of them got out of the car. Daesung and Jaejoong each carried a suitcase.  The way they dressed and walk catches the attention of people. People knew that they are involved in some kind of an organisation. Some thought badl of them, some just thought that they are business people. Ignoring the stare around them, they kept walking towards their destination.




As they made their way towards the Casino, Jaejoong suddenly pull up his hand to signal his subordinate to stop.
“Wait.” He said. “Why are they here?”

“Who..?” Daesung said. He tried to peek into the crowd and he saw a couple polices around there. It seems as if they knew what they are going to be here tonight. What's worse is that, Jaejoong saw TOP there.

“What are we gonna do then?” The other subordinate asked.

“Let’s move back to the car.” Jaejoong commanded. The moment he said that, his eyes met with TOP’s. Automatically TOP ordered his officers to chase after them. TOP was on the lead, he’s aiming to chase after Jaejoong.

Jaejoong and his subordinates quickly ran towards the car. His subordinates are the first one to made it there. They quickly opened the car's door and starts the engine, ready to go. However, the polices are quickly catching up to them. 

Knowing that it's impossible to make it in time, Jaejoong quickly passed over his suitcase to another subordinate who managed to get into the car.
While Daesung and Jaejoong decided to run away to divert the officer’s attention.  His subordinates quickly drove away once they got the suitcase in the car. Daesung and Jaejoong then run in a separate direction to confuse the officers. The officers divided into two groups to chase after the two of them but most of the officers chase after Daesung while TOP is still going after Jaejoong.


 

In the middle of the chase, Jaejoong bumped onto someone very hard that both of them fell down. It appears to be me.
“Jaejooong??” I said when i saw him.

“What are you doing here?” Jaejoong asked.
He took a peek behind him and he saw TOP were about to caught him. Panic, he decided to make Hyosun helps him.
“C-Can you help me to get rid of that guy?” Jaejoong pointed to TOP.

“Y-yeah.. i will.. somehow..” Unconciously i agreed.
I don’t know what they are up to but i just feel like i have to always trust him and be on his side. So i let Jaejoong ran away and  i ran towards TOP until i bumped onto him, purposely dropped my stuff. Since he was busy chasing after Jaejoong, he only said ‘sorry’ and was about to run again, but since i’m trying to help Jaejoong, i grabbed his clothes and asked him to help me picked up my stuff.

“Look missy, i am in the middle of a chase..!” TOP shouted.

“Well you are not meant to run in this busy crowd anyway and you made me drop all of my stuff and it’s important!!” I shouted back at him. I know that what i'm saying doesn't make sense but i'm still trying to help Jaejoong.

When TOP looked at Jaejoong’s direction, Jaejoong is nowhere to be seen.
“ARGHH!!!!” He groaned.
TOP then kneeled down and helped me to pick up my stuff.

“You.. Why are you helping him?” TOP asked me.

“Excuse me?” I asked.

“He is really nor what you think he is. He i sa criminal.” TOP explained.

“A criminal..?”

“He’s an information broker and he’s involved with a lot of underground activities.” TOP explained further. “He’s been playing around with people too. I don’t know what he has in mind to play with you, but you better.. No, you SHOULD stay away from him.”

“W-What? I don’t get it..! W-“ I grabbed his sleeve before he walked away.

“I’ll explain the details to you later.” TOP said as he shoved my hands away. He then started to run towards Jaejoong’s direction again, hoping to somehow get a clue.


 

After a while, i decided to call Jaejoong and asked him to meet up.
 At that time, Jaejoong just managed to escape from the other offier, he was hiding in an old building.
Since he was afraid that I had a suspicion on him, he agreed to meet up. “But can you come to this place..?” Jaejoong asked.

So i went towards where he is hiding, it wasn’t that far from the area i was at. I found him sitting on the floor, sweating and slightly panting. I slowly approached him and handed him a bottle of water,  knew he must need it. He grabbed it from me and gulped down half of it.

“Explain everything.” I said to him.

 

Jaejoong stopped drinking and looked at me. He put down the bottle and close it with its cap. “What has he told you so far?”

“You are a criminal. An information broker..” I said.

Jaejoong finally confessed to me about it. He told me that he worked as an information broker to one mafia family because he owed money to them. He said that he could pay off the ¾ of the amount by staying as their information broker and be loyal to them for 3 years and pay off the remaining ¼ in cash.
“so what’s the ¼ amount?” I asked.

“it’s my 3rd year and I only have 1 million left to pay.” Jaejoong answered.

“do u have the 1 million?”

“another 500 and I’m good.” Jaejoong said as he sighed. He looked down for a while and there was a silence.
But Jaejoong suddenly looked up and smile at hyosun. “don’t worry I promised I’ll get out of this situation. $500 is not that much. This is gonna be my last mission from them and once i paid $500 i’m done..!”
 I.. feel this sudden urge that i have to help him. I don’t want him to stay in this profession any longer and i want him out of his problem. I decided to not tell him anything about this thought of mine and kept it quiet.


 

On the next week, I finally collected 500 from my part time job and savings; and I decided to give it to jaejoong. After school, i  waited for him at the school gate to follow after him.

While i was waiting, Jaejoong was at the principal’s office.
“What is this..?” The principal asked.

“A resignation letter.” Jaejoong answered.

“Why..?”

“A family problem.. You can read the rest in the letter.” Jaejoong said.
The principal opened the letter and read it. He sighed before he stamped the letter as an acceptance.

When he left the office, he got a phone call from Mr.Kim.
“Yes. I’m going there now. I’ll see you soon.” Jaejoong said.

Once he hanged up, he headed straight to the place.  And i followed him quietly from behind, all the way until a nearby building near a port. I knew that if i gave this money to him, he would have refused so it’s better if i gave it to the one in charge even though it’s dangerous.


 


Once he entered the place, he greeted everyone there. From behind, he looked as if he’s sad and he hated that place even though in reality he was smiling. After he put down his stuff on the nearest table, he went straight to the bar station and start making some drinks for himself and the others , as requested.  And that’s when i decided to step in.

“Excuse me.” I said as i walked in. Everyone looked up and look at me. They were all surprised with my entrance but Jaejoong looked at me as if he expected me to come.

I walked straight towards the table where all the guys are and dropped an envelope with $500 in it on the table. “Here’s $500. Can i take Jaejoong now?”

The guys laughed when i did that. “Hey Jaejoong. A girl is here for you! She paid $500 just to see you!” A guy said.

“N-No! I didn’t mean it like that!” I said. “$500 is the amount he owed to you guys. So i’m paying it for him so that you would let him out of thus business!”

The guys stopped for a while and looked at me. One guy who sat at the middle, supposedly Mr. Kim, clapped his hand to celebrate something. It’s just as if he knew something i don’t know about this.
“Jaejoong. Be nice and greet her.” He said to Jaejoong.

Jaejoong then came over with the drinks ready. While the guys are takingt heir own drinks from the serve tray, Jaejoong looked at me. I thought that he must be mad, so i quickly apologized,
“i-I’m sorry! I just wanted you to get out of this istuation fast.”

Jaejoong didn’t reply me. He grabbed the envelope on the table, opened it, and count the amount in there.
“Thanks for the money.” Jaejoong smiled.

I was confused when he said that to me.

Jaejoong then look at the guys and said, “I’ll treat you guys to whatever you want to eat today after our business.”
“oh and of course, not over $500.” Jaejoong added and they all laughed.

“D-Did you lie to me...?” I asked him.

“yeah.” Jaejoong answered.

“w-why are you doing this?”

“hmm… because I was asked.”

“by who?”

“by these people.” Jaejoong blg, and one of the mafia turn on the screen and there was a video with  Siwon, Eunhyuk, Leeteuk and ther boys from her school there, as well as Joongki.

“they asked me to make you feel how they feel when you dumped them harshyly. But of course, worse for you.” Jaejoong said while he smiles.

“how was it boys?” Jaejoong asked to the monitor. The boys stayed quiet, they were shocked. They never expect it to turn this bad. On the other hand, Joongki was clearly seen angry.

“This is why boys, don’t ask such kind of things from a guy in an underground business. We did things at this level. This one is nothing.” Mr.Kim said.

“Guess they don’t know how to have fun.” Jaejoong chuckled. “oh you don’t need to pay me. I don’t need your money. I did it for my own fun anyway.”
Then he switched off the monitor.

“Hyosun.” Jaejoong said. “You better go before these guys changed their minds, alright?”

“then let me ask...” I said. “Do you ever.. even a little bit.. have any feelings for me..?”

 

There was a silence in the room.

 

 

 

The guys are looking at Jaejoong too, wondering what would come out of his mouth. 

There are a lot of things that is on my mind. Within a second, i could think of so many possible answer and thinking of how i should react with it.

Jaejoong remained silent for a few seconds before he replied, “Yes i do.” He smiles as he said that.
“But i don’t think i can be with you.. for now..”

“Why..?” I asked him.

Jaejoong then reached his phone in his pocked and dialed a number. He then said, “Go.”
Right at that moment, we heard hundreds of footsteps going towards our room, and suddenly police officers barged into the room from all of the doors. The pointed their gun at us as if we are some kind of a high-leveled criminals.

The guys stood up and raised their hands as commanded by one of the officers. The guys were in confusion. They were wondering how the officers could find out their hide out. Their first suspicion goes to me but Mr.Kim’s suspicion goes to Jaejoong. He looked at Jaejoong and asked him, “Why are you doing this?”

“Because it would cut down the time i have to spend in the prison.” Jaejoong said.

Then TOP came into the room. He commanded his officers to capture the guys while he himself approached Jaejoong to capture him. He grabbed Jaejoong’s hands and put the handcuffs.
“You should thank me.” Jaejoong said.

“Why would I?” TOP said. “It’s not like you are doing this for us. And it’s not enough to get me promoted. And i know you are doing this for your own benefit too.”

 

 

I was just standing there right in front of Jaejoong the whole time. I feel like i don’t have the strength to say anything, especially with the current situation. I have mixed feelings of happiness and confusion at the same time.
When TOP was about to bring Jaejoong away, my hand grabbed Jaejoong’s sleeves by itself. “Wait.” I said.

TOP and Jaejoong stopped walking and look at me.

“Where are you guys going?” I asked them.

“Police station.” TOP answered.

“No, i mean.. What’s gonna happen to you now?” I asked again. Judging from the situation i know that they will bring Jaejoong to the police station and it’s obvious that he will be sent to prison. But because i don’t want to believe it, i wanted to make sure about it.

Jaejoong smiled at me and said, “I’ll see you in three years.” Then he kissed my forehead before he follows TOP’s lead.

I look at their back figure until they are gone from my sight, and deep in my heart, i whispered, “See you in three years.” With a hope that we will somehow be together.

.

.

.

.

..

 

THE END.

 

 

Thanks for reading and being so patient to me.. =_=

i'm sorry that i rarely update this story. and finally it's the final.

I have no plan to wite any other stories currently bcus i'm busy with uni and work.

Even if i do, i'll pretty much open a one-shot applications..

So again, thanks for reading guys!!! :DD