The Valentines

The Antagonist

FARKK this is my 5th time writing this again.. =_=

Asianfanfics should really make the REAL save button.. arghh..

 

Anyways, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY everyone~!!

I hope you had a nice valentine today! If not then.. ur on the same boat as me.. T^T

and i think the song fits for today and the chapter. :)

ENJOY

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Why don't you do it yourself?" Eeteuk suggested.

"Fine..! Fine I’ll do it myself." Jaejoong answered. Reflecting back on how he agreed with Eeteuk's suggestion, he is regretting his decision now. He never actually gets as nervous nor confused as how to execute his tasks. But when it comes to girls, this might be his toughest tasks.

He looked up to the ceiling while closing his eyes, trying to think but nothing good comes up. Just then, his phone rang. He reached his hand and put the phone close to his ear before answering it. Turns out it's a phone call from his old client asking him to do another job, but Jaejoong refused.
"I'm not doing it. I'm taking a rest." Jaejoong answered and he switched off his phone to ignore any other calls.

When he sat up, his eyes caught on the calendar on his desks, and he smirked when he saw the date today..


 

Meanwhile I just arrived at home with two big bags of groceries. It was 6 pm.
“What did you buy?” My mom asked when she saw the bags. “Did you buy more snacks and useless stuff?”

“No..” I answered while I took off my shoes. “It’s not for me.”

“then who is it for?” My mom asked. She followed me to the kitchen where I put down my groceries bags on the dining table, and my school bag on the floor. I started to take out some of the stuff that I bought. Whipped cream.. butter.. cooking chocolate.. whisk.. and other stuff.
“What are you trying to make?” My mom asked again.

“Chocolate for tomorrow.” I answered.

“Tomorrow?” My mom repeated. She takes a look at the calendar on the opposite wall and she noticed that tomorrow is the 14th of February. She finally gets is.
“So who’s the chocolate for? Joongki..?”

“Noo!” I automatically responded. “Of course no!”

“Why not?” My mom said. “Joongki is such a nice boy. He seemed to be very polite and all.”

As much as I wanted to tell my mom that I wanted to give it to my teacher, Jaejoong, God knows what could happen if I told her.. There might be a WW4 here.. But to make her stop asking me questions, I answered her, “Fine.. It’s Joongki alright?”

“I knew it!” My mom seemed to be pleased with my answer.

“Alright mom, I’m gonna start making it, so please leave me alone in the kitchen..” I said as I tried to lead her the way out of the kitchen.

“Are you sure? You don’t need my help? What if it turns out inedible?” My mom said.

“I will be fine…=_=” I answered as I held in my anger.. How could she not trust my cooking so much..

When she finally left the kitchen, I started to make the chocolate cheesecake bars.


 

10 hours later, which is like 5pm in the morning, I woke up. It’s far earlier than how I usually wake up though. I normally woke up at 6:30, half an hour before school starts. But I guess I was too excited about today.

I took a shower and today I tried to do my hair a little bit while putting a little make up. Lip balm and a thin eyeliner also a concealer to hide my eyebags.

When I’m finally done, I went downstairs towards the kitchen to take out the cheesecake bars from the fridge. I’ve prepared a box to put my cheesecake bars there and a bag for it too. I put 8 bars and line it up on the rectangle box and decorated it with his name using the icing on each bar. I wrapped it with a ribbon before I put it in the bag.

“Hyosun!” I heard my mom calling me. I turned around to where my mom’s voice came from. “You! You didn’t wash your dirty dishes last night! WASH IT NOW!”

“Now?” I said.

“When else?” My mom said.

I quickly grabbed my bad and ran to school. “I’ll wash it later mom!!”
It’s better to get killed later rather than get killed now on the valentine’s day.


 

When I arrived in front of the school gates, I see so many people handing out their chocolates. I mean, aren’t they embarrassed for giving it in front of EVERYONE??
But at the same time I was hoping that Jaejoong would accept mine..
That moment, I saw Jaejoong walking passed right in front of me. Maybe this is the time to give it to him..?
“Jae-“ When I was about to call him, a group of girls came and grabbed his hands from behind.

“OPPA!!” The girls called out to him. Jaejoong was a little bit startled but he remained calm after that.

“Here’s your valentine chocolate from us, please accept it!” The girls said. When I see their chocolate, I feel like my confidence deteriorated. Their chocolates look 100 times better than mine.

“Stop calling me ‘oppa’, I’m your teacher.” Jaejoong said.

“But calling you ‘song saeng nim’ made you seem older..” One of the girl said. Unrealisingly, I nodded in agreement to that.

“Please accept our chocolate!” The other girl said.

“Not until you call me appropriately.” Jaejoong said.

“.. fine..” The girls sighed. “Jaejoong song saeng nim.. would you please accept my chocolate?”

“We made it ourselves too!” One girl added.

“Sorry.” Jaejoong said. “I only accept obligatory chocolate.” Jaejoong then flashed them a smile before turning around and continue walking. He totally broke the girls’ heart and mine too.. T^T


 

For the rest of the afternoon, I was sulking in my classroom… I just can’t believe that he would only receive obligatory chocolate, which means he won’t consider his students as ‘girl’ or ‘woman’..
“Yo!” Taeyeon greeted as he patted my shoulder. “Why so sad?”

“Nothing..” I sighed.

"It should be me who's sad right now! I have no one to give chocolate to!!" Taeyeon whined. “You’re not being rejected for chocolate right??” Taeyeon joked, but she stopped when she saw my face looking at her as if what she just said is true. “r-really..? Who did you give it to?”

“I saw some girls tried to give it to him but he rejected it..” I said.

“Hyosun.. That doesn’t mean that he will reject yours too.” Taeyeon said.

“What do you mean?”

“Well. It’s those girls that he rejected the chocolate to right? Have you actually given it to him?”

“No.”

“Then don’t say that he’s rejecting you. Who knows that he will receive it? It’s better to try than not trying at all..”
I felt a sudden rush of confidence after Taeyeon lectured me about it.. I stood up from my seat and collected all my strength to give the chocolate to Jaejoong.


 

As I walked towards his main office, the health room, I met him on the way there.
“Jaejoong..” I called him. He was smiling like usual while he continue walking towards my direction. “Y-Your valentine’s day chocolate!” I said as I handed out the bag to him.

He was surprised to see it. He quickly grabbed my hand and brought me inside the health room, and closed the door. He also made sure that nobody is on the hallway.
“Sorry, what was it again?” He asked.

“Oh.. Valentine’s chocolate..” I handed out the bag to him again. I looked away while hoping that he will receive it. I just didn’t want to look at his eyes because I don’t want to see his face when he rejected it. But I felt a slight touch on my hand. When I looked up, he already took the bag and smiled at me while saying, “Thank you.”

He then walked towards his desk near the window and put my bag on top of the desk. As I followed him, I saw three big boxes near his desks, filled with chocolate gifts to the top.
“Coffee? Tea?” Jaejoong asked. “Or maybe soft drinks?”

“Aren’t you going to put my chocolate in the boxes as well?” I asked without thinking.

Jaejoong followed where my eyes are looking at, “No. Those are obligatory chocolates.”

“But mine’s homemade..  I thought you only accept obligatory chocolates.” I said. Jaejoong did not answer me, he just smiled while preparing his own tea.

“So, coffee?” Jaejoong asked. I just nodded as I took a sit at the seat on the opposite of him. Deep down, I was really happy because what he said made feel special.. I tried my best to hide my big smile but pouting my lips and look around.

 

Just then, we heard a knock on the door. “Jaejoong! We got the valentine’s chocolate here!”
Both Jaejoong and I were surprised. Jaejoong quickly took my chocolate and put it inside his bag that is on top of the desk right before the girls barged in.

“We got obligatory chocolates for you now, please accept it!” The girls said. They were all panting, and out of breath. It seems like they ran out to the nearest store to buy an obligatory chocolate for Jaejoong.

“You guys..” Jaejoong sighed. “You know you don’t have to go as far as to-“

“Please accept it!!” The girls said, not letting Jaejoong to finish what he wanted to say.

Jaejoong just sighed and accepted their chocolates. “Thank you.”
The girls smiled when he accepted it. They thanked Jaejoong before they leave the room.

 

Jaejoong then walked towards the desks and put the chocolates in the three boxes before serving the coffee he just made for me. He then took out my chocolate from his bag and opened it. When he was about to take a bite, I quickly grabbed his hand and stop him.
“NO! Eat it later at home!” I said.

“Why?” Jaejoong asked, he was confused.

“B-Because.. I don’t know whether it tastes good or bad.. so..” I actually haven’t tried the final product myself, thanks to my mom.
While I was talking, Jaejoong move his head closer and took a bite of the cheesecake.

!! I hope it’s good.. I hope it’s alright.. I hope it doesn’t taste bad… oh please please please..
I kept on praying deep inside..

“It’s good.” Jaejoong said. “It’s really nice.”
When I heard that, I was relieved yet happy.. I sat back down and took a sip of my coffee.

Weirdly, when I look up, I saw Jaejoong folding his hands while raising one of his eyebrows and smirking at me.
“What?” I asked.

“What are you trying to provoke..?” Jaejoong asked.

“Huh?” I responded cluelessly. I don’t know what he is talking about.

Jaejoong then got up from his seat and brings his face closer to mine until it was only about 5 cm away. It made me nervous and my heart started to thump.

“Cappucino Kiss. Is that what you are trying to ask..?” He said it softly, as if he was whispering on my ear.

When he said that, I realized that I was drinking cappuccino, and I’m sure there is some foam left on my lips. It reminds me of that drama, Secret Gardner, no Secret Garner, no no no!! Secret Garden! Argh! I just can’t think straight seeing his face so close to mine!
“Stay still.” He said before he cupped my chin and kissed me.

.

.

.

.

.

The kiss did not last for more than 4 seconds but it made my mind went blank. What the hell just happened? When he moved away, I see him smiling while looking straight into my eyes. I blushed like mad.

Then the bell rang, the lunch is over.
“I-I’m going back to my class..” I said as I stood up from my seat.

“Sure.” He said. I quickly walked out of the room and going towards my classroom.
I touched my lips, I still can feel the slight tingling, and I could remember how his soft lips felt against mine. It made me blushed even more.
Seriously, what has just happened? Why did he kiss me? What does it mean? Did I ask for a cappuccino??

.

.

.

.

That evening, in Jaejoong’s apartment.
Jaejoong went down to the garbage are with the three boxes of chocolates. He took some chocolates and throws it into the trash burner. Then he started to throw it one by one.. and after a while he picked up the whole box and throws all the chocolates into the burner at once.

The last chocolate that he hasn’t thrown away is my chocolate. He stared at it as if he was thinking whether to burn it or not.
“what a bother..” He murmured.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Thanks for reading!!

 

this is actually the scene where i got my idea from. but let's forget HyoJoo being in the picture and replace it with you. ;)