Eight

Curious.Me

They all arrived at the school’s gymnasium , with the music already blasting throughout the campus, people gathered into the center, dancing to the rhythm.

“Why do we always came in late?” Soonyoung said, looking at the chaotic scene in front of them.

“I’m sorry I always came in late.” Joshua spoke with his sweet-toned voice.

“Ah, hyung!” Soonyoung went in for a hug. “I was just joking.”

          —

“You guys!” Jun came in rushing to their table.

“What’s with the sudden rush, Junhui?” Seungcheol asks, slightly flirting with Jihoon.

“Have you seen the, hmm, Church boy?” Jun held out his phone, showing them the picture taken by the photographer.

 

Joshua. Jeonghan thought, as he felt his heart race. He looks stunningly gorgeous as always— he wasn’t even trying— even with his hair ruffled like that, he was breathtaking.

 

Rolling his eyes with his arms crossed, he spoke, “You came in rushing for that?”

“What do you think Jeonghan? Doesn’t he look good?” Wonwoo teases. “I think he might win best dress tonight.”

“He looks eh.

Eh?” Wonwoo glances up at him. “Boy, if I had been close to him, I’d definitely date him.” Wonwoo said, eyeing on the picture.

“Ohhh! Damn, Wonwoo! What courage you got there.” Seungcheol said, clapping enthusiastically.

Jeonghan slightly punches him. 

“What the hell was that for?”

 

“Alright!” a young  man spoke out through the mic, “It’s time to announce the best dress of the night!”

 

“Who is your bet?” the emcee shouted as various names were shouted back.

 

Joshua was feeling anxious, fidgeting his fingers lightly.

Mingyu couldn’t help but observe, pulling the elder by his shoulder. “Hyung.”

“I... Don’t mind me. I’m just overthinking about things.”

“Like?”

“Like what if my dad sees me like this and then opposes?” the elder said, looking down at his palms.

“You wanna go fix yourself then?” Mingyu looks at him with a concerned look, he, then, nods in agreement.

“Hey, let others know that we’ll just go to the restroom. Hyung is feeling anxious about his look.” Minghao gestured for a thumbs up, getting the idea.

 

Just as they were about to exit the venue, a man spoke out his name. “Hong Joshua!”

The people applauded as various chattering sounds were heard.

“Hong Joshua? who’s that?” “Isn't that the top student of the junior’s class?” “The church boy Jeonghan kissed?” “How did he won?” “I was expecting Yoon Jeonghan to win best dress or Choi Seungcheol.”

 

Mingyu looks at him with the same concerned look. 

“Is Hong Joshua around?” the emcee spoke once again.

“I..” Joshua lets out a loud sigh, walking towards the stage, bowing down as a sign of respect.

“Ah! No wonder you won best dress. You look remarkable.”

Joshua lets out a small smile. “Thank you.”

“Alright, there you have it! The best dressed of the night!” the emcee said, handing him a bottle of wine and a certificate of recognition.

The crowd applauded louder, others were chanting and well, the others were gossiping as Joshua went back to their table.

“The results were according to the photographer’s choice” the emcee remarked, “let’s continue the party!”

 

“He looks really good, don’t you think?” Jun said, “But my heart still beats for Xu Minghao.”

Seungcheol  throws a piece of tissue at the younger, “Shut up, you corny bastard.”

“Look who’s talking.” Jihoon muttered, making them laugh in their seats.

“I made up my mind. I’ll go talk to him.” Wonwoo said, getting up from his seat.

Jeonghan was fast enough to pull him back down, gripping the younger tightly. “Let’s get out of here.”

“But-“

Let’s get out of here.” He repeated.