Five

Curious.Me

I wish I could have said that out loud, but then again, that might get him into trouble, right? Knowing I’ve caused all of his melancholy– his angelic face covered with bruises and torn expression between his smiles.

 

“W-What?” Joshua said, pulling away. “What’s wrong?”

“Uh... uhm” he thinks quickly “How are you feeling?” he asks dumbly, looking up at him. “Does it still hurts?”

“Uhm, yeah... Actually, it still does.” Joshua looks down, playing with his chopsticks.

 

“Do you clean your bruises more often?” He asks, reaching for the face mask covering his face.

Joshua holds down the elder’s hand as he shakes his head. “No. Seokmin was supposed to clean this for me today but then you came... So, I assume he’ll not join me later.”

“I can accompany you and help you clean up.” He said quickly.

Joshua gave him a confused look.

“I mean if you’re comfortable having me around... And so we could, you know, start doing our research for Biology?” He continued, feeling all so embarrassed.

“Oh, right... Well then, alright.” Joshua replied as he finishes down his plate. “ I guess you could stay for the night.”

 

 

9 pm. They were busy doing the research that they haven’t noticed the time. Jeonghan was sitting on the couch, searching for all the related topics for their paper and Joshua was sitting on the carpet, writing down the important details.

“Where’s your first aid kit?” Jeonghan blurted out of the blue, looking down at him.

“That’s very random of you.” Joshua chuckles, “I’ll go get it.” 

 

Joshua went back with a small box in his right hand, “here.” he said, handing the kit to the elder, as he sits back on his place.

Jeonghan sits beside him, carefully removing the face mask, making the younger shiver. “Relax, alright? I’ll be gentle. Just trust me... Just for this night.

 

Joshua nods but flinches as soon as Jeonghan dabs the cotton on his wound.

“Hold on a little longer.” 

Joshua shuts his eyes, leaning his back down Jeonghan’s arm, as the elder continues to cleanse his wounds.

 

Minutes after, Jeonghan noticed the younger drifted off to sleep. He lets out a chuckle as he stares down at the figure, studying his facial features. 

 

How can someone like him look extremely beautiful? Heck, how can this ethereal figure suffer this much?

 

Jeonghan went in for a soft touch as the younger shifted lightly. “Are you up, Hong?”

“Go to sleep, Yoon.” The younger muttered between breathes, snuggling himself closer, landing one arm around his waist.

Jeonghan smiled from ear to ear, resting his head on the younger’s chest, letting the moment linger. “Good night, ethereal Jisoo.” he breathed.

 

 

            

 

Was this too fluff? I was listening to Eric Nam's Hold Me while writing this ///-/// Happy Carat Day!