Fifteen

Curious.Me

Jeonghan lets out a groan as he felt the sun rays beam right down at him. Shifting from one position to another, he realizes the other side of the bed was empty. He rose quickly, picking up the small piece of paper on his nightstand.

 

I went back to Soonyoung’s a bit early. I apologize for not letting you know. You were sleeping so peacefully. I hope the things between you and Wonwoo gets resolve. —Joshua

 

I can’t believe I ing screwed up because of my jealousy. Wonwoo didn’t deserve this. He didn’t know what I felt. No one knows what I feel towards Joshua. Sighing deeply, he grabs his phone, dialing Wonwoo’s number for a voice message.

 

Look, I know you’re not gonna pick up so I’ll leave you with a voice message instead. Listen, I’m sorry. You were probably in shock for what had happen yesterday. The truth is, the reason why I’ve been acting weirdly the past few days is because I was madly jealous . It all started back during the homecoming night. I hope you’d forgive me for my actions. I just... can’t hold it in anymore. I realized I fell hard for him, too.

 

     —

 

Jeonghan was about to dive in for a nap when he felt his phone buzz.

 

Hyung, I’m outside. Can we talk?

✓seen 2:25 pm

Go straight to my room, Wonwoo. The doors are unlocked.

✓seen 2:26 pm

 

As soon as he heard the door clicked, he stood up and rushed to the younger, “First things first, I’m sorry.”

“Hyung, let me breathe first?”

Jeonghan lets out a laugh. “Sorry.” He said as he leads Wonwoo to the balcony. “I wasn’t expecting you to come.”

“And I wasn’t expecting you to send me a voice message at 8 in the morning with a sudden confession.”

Jeonghan’s cheeks flushed in deep color of the kermes dye, “Well, it took me weeks to build up my courage for that.”

“We actually knew something was up.”

Jeonghan glances at the younger. “You all did?”

“Yeah, you started acting different after your 3-day stay at his’, but we weren’t really sure. So we decided to come up with a plan.”

Jeonghan laughs in embarrassment, “Wow, am I that obvious?” 

“Kind of. But you were giving him a cold shoulder so it kinda covers up. But the gestures were kind of obvious.”

The elder lets out an oh, scratching the nape of his neck.

“But hey, I wasn’t lying about dating him.”

Jeonghan furrows his brows, staring at him.

Wonwoo backs up for defense. “He’s a great guy, you know. Wait– he’s actually more than that.”

“He actually is more than that.” Jeonghan smiles down at his hands.

“Oh god, look at you, hyung!” The younger teased, hitting him playfully, “How do you manage it keep this all up?”

He lets out a laugh, “I’m a natural actor.” Wonwoo rolls his eyes at him, “Yeah, alright. But when will you let this out exactly?”

Jeonghan sighs. “I... I don’t know. I’m taking slow steps. I don’t want to fluster him.”

“You really do care about him.” Wonwoo smiles lightly. “I’ve never seen this side of yours before.”

 

“You even outbursts yourself due to strong jealousy.”

“I’m sorry, alright? I got carried away by my emotions.” He said, shaking his head, “I couldn’t keep up any longer.”

“It’s all good, hyung. Don’t worry.” The younger said, wrapping his arm around the elder’s shoulder. “I’m just glad the truth has been told.”

 

“I wish you both all the best. Good luck.”