Fourteen

Curious.Me

Jeonghan couldn’t sleep, he couldn’t stop thinking.

 

Wonwoo. Joshua. Wonwoo. Joshua. Won- I can’t let him ‘won’.

 

Jeonghan sighs deeply, grabbing his phone. I think I should let Joshua know how I feel? Well at least try to let him know... anonymously.

 

 

[This is embarrassingly stupid but I’m falling for you, Joshua Hong.]

 

    —

 

11:00 am, school cafeteria

 

“So, I actually did something not-so-stupid yesterday.”

“What do you mean exactly?” Jihoon asks with his brows furrowed.

“Well, I wanted to ask him for a date right?

“Yeah, and?”

“He asked for Jeonghan hyung’s number because apparently they needed to finish the research paper, but instead I wrote mine.”

Jun lets out a laugh but was cut off by a stern voice. 

“You did what?” Jeonghan grabs him by the collar, staring right into the younger’s eyes. 

“H-hyung, I...”

“Are you that ing desperate, Jeon Wonwoo?”

 

The people around them started chattering but Jeonghan didn’t mind. He was furious, slamming Wonwoo’s back down the table as the younger arches his back in pain.

“What the ?” Wonwoo hissed, punching the elder right into his jaw repeatedly. “It was unintentional.”

Jihoon tried pulling them apart but they were both strong, especially that both were raging with madness. “Unintentional?” Jeonghan scoffed. “How can that be unintentional? You were head over heels!”

“What is it about you anyways?”

 

“Whoa, what’s happening?” Seungcheol went in to break them apart, “What’s with this fuse?”

Jeonghan grabs his things, passing through Seungcheol without uttering a word.

 

 

 later that day

 

Jeonghan, wanting to clear his mind,  decided to take a short walk on a cold Thursday night. The weather was cold enough to make him shiver, causing him to accidentally hit someone with his sleeves. “I’m sorry, I was–” he frozed at the figure infront of him.

 

Hong Jisoo. The one he fell inlove with. The reason— the only reason why he picked up a fight with one of the closest acquaintances he had.

 

“What happened to you?” the younger gestured a circular motion around his face then laughs dryly after, “Right, sorry. I forgot, we’re not regular buds–“ 

Joshua went completely silent as he felt a pair of arms swung around his lean body.

 

He might be giving me a cold shoulder every now and then but I don’t know why I feel completely warm when he’s around. 

 

“You don’t have to rub it in everytime we interact. I get it, alright? And I’m sorry.”

“Jeonghan–“

Jeonghan bites his bottom lip, “I know this seems a bit straightforward but can you stay at mine’s? Just for a bit?”

 

     —

 

“We’re suppose to be working on our report, you know?”

“We have three weeks, so what’s the rush?” Jeonghan glances up at the younger, “Where were you suppose to go anyway?”

“Uh, to Soonyoung’s.”

Remembering the scene a day ago, “Did... did your father beat you up again?”

Joshua muttered a ‘yeah’, fidgeting his fingers lightly, “So I had to stay at Soonyoung’s or who ever welcomes me.” he said, chuckling.

“You can stay here as well, I mean, if you want to.”

Joshua looks at him with furrowed brows. 

“What? I’m just trying to help.”

“I’d probably stay at Wonwoo’s instead. I think he’s a great guy.”

His heart churned. “Ah, alright. Then leave.” he said as he offered the way out.

“You were being nice to me and now you’re telling me to leave?”

“You wanted to stay at Wonwoo’s right? Then you’re free to leave.”

 

Am I overthinking? Why does it feel like something’s up with him? Is he jealous? But there’s no way he could be, right? I mean how can that possibly be?

 

“Are you mad?”

I’m madly jealous. Jeonghan thought as he lets out a dry laugh. “No. And to answer your question awhile ago, I got into a fight with him.”

“Oh” Get your thoughts build up, Jisoo. I told you there’s no way he would be. “That answers to your wounds as well, right?” Joshua lightly lifts the elder’s chin, examining the wound. “Are you in pain? It seems deep.”

Jeonghan hearts flushed at the sudden touch. “Well he punched me repeatedly but I’m all good.”

“In that case,” Joshua pulls away, realizing how close they were, “Can we take a long good rest now?”

 

Joshua, even with his eyes closed, looks so ethereally breathtaking as always. God, I’ve never fell this hard for someone.

 

Shua.” The elder spoke through the dark silence, “Are you still up?”

He was, but decided not to speak up.

 

Taking the opportunity, Jeonghan shifted from his position, cupping the younger’s face, leaning in close enough to make their lips touch.

Joshua’s heart beat quickened its pace, pursing his lips slowly.

Jeonghan frozed in horror at the sudden movement, pulling away quickly.

 

Crap. Did I woke him up?

 

    —

 

well wow, this is the longest chapter i’ve wrote (yet) everyone must be craving for jihan’s interaction. i’m sorry for the long wait.