Thirteen

Curious.Me

later that day

 

Ma, I’m staying at Soonyoung’s tonight. I’m sorry. I wanted to come home but I still lack the courage to come back.

seen 9:45 pm

Don’t be sorry, hun. I should be the one who’s sorry. I couldn’t give you enough protection from your father. Go home when you feel like it, alright? I’ll be waiting. I love you.

seen 9:46 pm

 

Joshua bites his bottom lip, trying his hardest not to tear up. Minghao couldn’t help but notice, wrapping his arms around his hyung tightly. “Everything will be alright, hyung. Let it out. It’s harder when you keep it all in.”

Chan scooted closer, hugging Joshua from behind without uttering a word and Mingyu went in, wiping the elder’s tears with his thumb.

 

Joshua sighs, clearing his throat. “If you all continue to comfort me like this, I might end up crying all night.”

“And we wouldn’t mind at all.” Seokmin said comfortingly. “But you would.”

“Exactly.” Joshua replied, pulling away from Minghao. “How about we go star gazing to lighten up the mood?”

Hansol approves. “I think that’s a good idea.” 

 

Soonyoung sets up the roof deck together with Chan and Seungkwan while the others helped Mingyu with the snacks.

 

The night was silent and the members were slowly drifting off to sleep.

“Hyung?” Mingyu called out while staring at the dark sky covered with twinkling stars.

“Hmm?” Joshua replied, humming.

“By any chance, do you feel a bit better?”

“I feel a whole lot better, Gyu. I’d probably lost it if I didn’t have you guys.”

Mingyu smiles. “You believe in God, right?” he glances at the elder, receiving a nod in reply. “Then do you think everything’s happening for a certain reason?”

“Of course. Everything is under God’s plan.”

 

Joshua’s eyes were about to flicker shut when his phone buzzes, receiving a notification from curiouscat.

 

Out of curiosity, he opened the inbox as his eyes widen at the text’s content.

 

[This is embarrassingly stupid but I’m falling for you, Joshua Hong.]

 

 

   —

 

this was definitely out of the blue. I am deeply sorry. I hope no one hates me. The last few chapters will be better (and longer.)

Also, I’m ending this with 17 Chapters, right before Seventeen’s comeback because this is getting really crappy