One

Curious.Me

“Why is everyone busy with their phones?” Joshua asks as he sat down with a tray full of snacks.

Hoshi hurriedly grabs the bucket of chicken nuggets, saying “there’s this new app called curiouscat, hyung”

stuffing his mouth with fries, Joshua asks, “What’s that? A newly developed game?”

“Of course our church boy hyungie doesn’t know.”

Smacking Vernon lightly, Seungkwan replied, “It’s an app where you can ask anyone anonymously.”

“ahh, sounds... fun?”

“It is fun, hyung” Dino responded, taking a few sips from Joshua’s cola. “You should try it sometime.”

“Yeah, try distracting yourself more often, instead of reading a bunch of lame- novels and listening to church songs.”

“Hansol, language.” he said, giving the younger lad a look. “Besides, church songs are—“

“We get it church oppa

 

It’s been awhile since they started calling him church oppa, mainly because he has been rejecting a few due to his schedule filled with church-related stuffs.

 

Dokyeom plops himself beside Vernon together with Minghao and Mingyu, “hey, have you all heard about curious–“

“already have, Dokyeommie. You’re late.” Seungkwan interrupted as he grabs a few chips from the tray.

“Ayyyeee, the 97 kidz are finally here.” Vernon beamed, emphasizing the letter z, making the others groan in annoyance.

“Hansol keeps acting like the cool kidz” Mingyu shakes his head, “it’s disturbing.”

“Speaking of...”

They all shifted from their seats as they eye on the group entering the cafeteria.

“It’s funny right?” Mingyu lets out a chuckle. “They look like the group from the series Boys over Flowers.”

Except Jihoo has the Jan-Di.”

“and the Jan-Di is a guy.”

They all laughed in their seats.

 

“Hey, hottie.” Jun spoke, winking down at Minghao.

Zǒu kāi” the younger replied in Mandarin.

“There’s a party at Jeonghan’s crib on Friday. I’ll give you a pass if you’d go on a date with me?”

Nǐ gěi wǒ gŭn

Jun sighed. “Alright, alright, grumpy face. doesn’t matter. I couldn’t resist you. Here’s your free pass.” he said, handing out one coupon to the younger. “See you on Friday!”

 

“You know, after Jun knew  you were Chinese, he wouldn’t stop hitting on you.” Mingyu said teasingly, let out a laugh. “Give him a shot.”

Minghao groans. “Cut it out.”

“Hey, we have a bigger problem here!” Hoshi said, snapping his fingers.

“Which  is?”

“How do we crush into Jeonghan’s party when we don’t have passes?”

“Wait, I have to pee!” Mingyu exclaimed, rushing out to the exit.

Minghao rolls his eyes as he hands out his coupon, “You can have it, I’m not go-“

“Of course you are! We are going. We just need to figure out how.”

“Uhm, I can’t. I’ll be serving the church on-“

“Hush now, church oppa. reschedule them cause we’re crashing that party.”

“I bet a bunch of rich kidz will-“

“Hansol, stop that.” Seungkwan interrupted, covering his mouth. “Really.”

“Alright, alright-“

 

Just then, Mingyu came in, rushing. “You wouldn’t believe what I got!”

“What now?” Soonyoung looks at him with wrinkled forehead.

Mingyu holds out 7 coupons. “I got 7 passes for Jeonghan’s party!”

“How’d you get that?”

“Well, I had to pee, right? And then I saw Wonwoo stuffing in some weeds into the sink and then I told him I won’t let the admin know as long as he gives me 7 passes. And so, ta-da!”

“Alriiiight!” Hansol said ecstatically, slow clapping. “Life saver”

“See y’all on Friday then!” Hoshi exclaimed excitingly.

“Definitely.” Seungkwan remarked.

 

    —

{ end notes }

Zǒu kāi simply means ‘go away’

and Nǐ gěi wǒ gŭn means ‘get lost’