chapter. seven.

Inevitably In Love

 

 

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE: AYYYYYYYYEEEEEE IT IS SUMMER AND I AM BACK (prolly better than ever???) !!!!!!!!! YOU'VE MADE IT! LAST CHAPTER OF PART ONE!!!

Part Two is the actual main story~ And I will try to finish with this fic within this summer~ 

Enjoy and leave lots of feedbacks~ LOVE Y'ALL SWEETASS CREATURES A LOT!!!

###
 

 

 

 

 

Skipping his way back to the motel, Jaebum couldn’t help the big smile etched across his face. He did something amazing today, and he for sure knew Youngjae would love it. The past few days had been beautiful. Probably the most beautiful couple of days of Jaebum’s life. He’ll remember every single second of them. Because both of them have been living their life to the fullest with each other. There were no regrets whatsoever.


 

Even if good things didn't last forever.


 

They never regretted anything.


 

Jaebum held up the silver chain in front of his face. His smile grew wider as the sunlight reflected prettily on the small golden feather hanging from the chain. A feather from the wings of a perfect angel. A simple necklace that probably didn't cost more than the shoes Youngjae wore, but it was full of meaning and wrapped up in the all the love Jaebum had for his best friend.


 

The type of love that would last forever until Jaebum drew his last breath.


 

The type of love that would never be broken by anyone or anything.


 

The type of love that would never be forgotten.


 

“Youngjae-ah~” Jaebum swung the motel’s door open. But only to be greeted by the empty silence. He walked in and looked around confused. Realization didn’t dawn on him right then until a couple of minutes later. Jaebum panicked and rushed out of the room.


 

People were right.


 

Nothing gold stays.





 

<||><||><||><||><||>





 

Youngjae counted.


 

Three hours.


 

Three hours since his mother’s men broke through the door of a run-down motel at the outskirt of this town to drag their rebellious young master home.


 

Three hours since Youngjae felt nothing but pain. Emotionally. Physically. Mentally.


 

Youngjae kept counting. All curled up in the corner of his room full of broken glass and fallen objects, Youngjae kept counting and counting.


 

By this point, he felt numb.


 

The cuts and bruises on his legs and arms from the merciless smiting of his own mother stayed imprinting on his tender skin. His mother never hit him, but Youngjae never had the thought that she wouldn’t. She’s a woman who can do anything and everything she wants in order to gain control over the things she wants to control. And nothing could stop her. Nothing dares to.


 

Despite already being ripped apart by this tigress, Youngjae never regretted anything. If he pitied himself, running away from his mother was the only one thing he desperately wanted to do. And he did. He ran away with Jaebum, his best friend, the love of his love, someone who he would wish to spend every second with from now until the end of time. And so, he never regretted it. Didn’t matter what his mother said, Youngjae would never take back how much he loves Jaebum.


 

“Young Master, it’s ahjumma…” The soft voice of a woman, who spent her life taking care and adoring the little young master way more than his own mother can, rocked Youngjae back into this disruptive reality like a heartwarming lullaby. “Open up, please. Madam went away.”


 

Silence.


 

“Young Master, please. Let me look at your wounds at least.”


 

Silence.

 


“Young-”


 

“Ahjumma,” the young master finally stopped counting. “I know you mean well. But right now, please go. I can take care of myself.”


 

The other side of the door was quiet for a little bit. Maybe some good seconds of peace.


 

A gentle knock.


 

A second gentle knock.


 

“Youngjae-ah…”


 

Immediately, Youngjae sprung on his feet and dashed towards the door. He swung it open and jumped into the embrace of the person he had been waiting for. “Jae-Jaebummie!” He cried, letting all the tears and pain he held on these past hours just so he could cry in his lover’s arms. Feeling Jaebum’s strong arms wrapped around his frail body securely, Youngjae swore to himself he’d never let go.


 

Jaebum kissed Youngjae’s hair softly, “It’s okay. I’m here now. I’m sorry I left you alone. I shouldn’t have. I’m sorry… But I’m here now. I’ll protect you, I promise.”


 

“N-no!” Youngjae shook his head, “Y-you can’t sta-stay here! She’s going to hurt you! I don’t want that! I don’t-”


 

“Shhhh,” Jaebum gently cupped his lover’s face, “I said it’s okay, didn’t I? I said I’ll protect you, right?”


 

“But-”


 

“No more. I don’t want to hear it. Come,” the older took his younger lover’s hand and led him into the room where they can have a little more privacy for themselves. Jaebum sat Youngjae down on the younger’s bed and settled down next to him. “Listen, Youngjae-ah, from this day onwards, I will never leave your side. Wherever you go, I’ll go with. I’ll be with you always. Nothing, noone, can ever hurt you again.”


 

Leaning his head on Jaebum’s shoulder, Youngjae laced their fingers together and smiled through his tears, “I trust you.”


 

Youngjae probably didn’t know how hard it was for Jaebum to hold in all his tears and raging emotions. How hard it was for Jaebum to not break down the moment he saw how broken and hurt the love of his life was. But he had to stay strong for Youngjae. He had to show Youngjae that he can be depended on. “Here’s my promise,” Jaebum cradled open Youngjae’s hand and dropped the chain onto his small palm. “I’m sorry it isn’t much. My old man don’t have a lot of money, so I could only take what was buried under his bed. Though, it is real silver and gold. Just not the high-tier ones, whatever that means. Anyways, this is like a witness. A witness of my promise and love for you that will never ever fade as long as I am still breathing.”


 

Out of shock and overwhelment, Youngjae leaped over and hugged his boyfriend tightly. “You promise to keep your promise?”


 

“I promise," Jaebum smiled warmly, rubbing Youngjae's back in assurance. "I will never let anything come in between us, I swear.” The older gently pulled them apart and gazed into his lover’s teary eyes. He retrieved the necklace and helped put it on for Youngjae. The golden feather rested beautifully on Youngjae's collarbone, glistening happily under the little sunlight peeking through the cracked window. Jaebum leaned over and kissed the feather sweetly. This feather will be the witness of his everlasting promise to his one and only Prince Charming. They will live happily ever after. Jaebum swore to all the Heavens above. May the Gods punish him for ever breaking his promise.


 

They shared a peaceful silence, with Youngjae resting his head on Jaebum’s shoulder while Jaebum rested his on Youngjae’s head. Nothing else seemed to be worthy of their attention. The world could end. They wouldn’t care. As long as they were together like this, every single millisecond together like this, would already be enough. They won’t ask for anything more. As long as they're holding each other’s hands and walking through this life together, that's already enough.


 

They won’t dare to ask for anything more.





 

<||><||><||><||><||>





 

It hadn’t been easy.


 

Not at all.


 

Hadn’t been easy to live day by day without seeing his lover.


 

Hadn’t been easy to live day by day without any possible contacts to Jaebum.


 

Youngjae sometimes stayed lying on his bed with his eyes up towards the ceiling and wondered how was he still breathing and living without Im Jaebum. He blamed his monsterous of a mother. She went out of her way, like always, to cut off all kinds of communication between him and Jaebum. No phones. No laptop. No more walking to school or back from school. Nothing. Madam Choi made up her mind. She’d rather kill her son’s capability of any emotions than hear news about that good-for-nothing Im Jaebum hanging around him. She said whatever she was doing was for her son’s own good. But does she know? Does she know how much her own son resents her? Though, even if she knew, she could care less. When has she cared for anyone but herself?


 

Sighing, Youngjae shook his head and stared up at the sky. For the first time in months, Youngjae finally saw how clear and pretty the sky was. He touched the feather on his neck and held back his tears. Missing Jaebum had become a pain for Youngjae. After that visit, Jaebum never showed up in front of Youngjae again. Not even through the younger’s window. Youngjae worried that his mother had done something to Jaebum. He worried to the point where he became sick. So sick and stressed that he couldn’t even get out of bed for a whole week. He only stopped worrying a bit when Myungdae showed up at his school one day with a letter from Jaebum wrapped in a cute red ribbon. Only then did Youngjae feel better.


 

The letter gave Youngjae all the reassurance he needed and wanted.


 

He just needed to know Jaebum was okay.


 

“I miss you,” Youngjae whispered to himself. The first day of summer didn’t start out great. At least his mother left for a business trip in Japan. She still strictly ordered the guards to make sure the young master could never step out of the house. But of course, the head maid distracted the guards by starting a small fire out in the garden in order to let her beloved young master enjoy some freedom. And the first place the young master thought of rushing to was his lover’s house.


 

Youngjae stopped, waiting impatiently for the pedestrian signal so he could cross over. He puffed his cheeks, fingers anxiously tapping against his thighs as if the rhythm could speed up the lights. Staring down at the ground, Youngjae gnawed at his bottom lip. He still couldn't believe he was going to see Jaebum again for the first time in months, or what felt like hundreds of years to him. The young master smiled shyly. And he lifted his head up…


 

“JAEBUM?!” Youngjae almost screamed. His eyes widened in shock and excitement and nervousness and-


 

“YOUNGJAE!” Jaebum shouted, waving his arms wildly from the other side of the street. His entire face lit up.


 

The younger couldn’t stand still. He jumped up and down and waved back with a big smile. His excitement grew more and more impatient. The light suddenly went so slow. Youngjae almost dashed over without even being bothered by the current green light.


 

Jaebum held out one hand and shook his head madly, “No! Wait! Stay there! I’ll come over!” But his bright smile never faded. He missed Youngjae so much that it started to hurt him physically.


 

“HI! IM JAEBUM I MISS YOU!” Youngjae smiled too happy, too bright, too wide that even the sun failed to stand a chance. He looked at the signal and cursed inwardly at how long this was taking.


 

“I MISS YOU, TOO!” Jaebum responded with matched enthusiasm.


 

Finally, the moment both of them had been waiting for.


 

The exact second the signal turned red, Youngjae didn’t waste anymore time. Jaebum couldn’t even react quick enough for the younger.


 

“Jaebum! I love you so much-”


 

He saw it coming.


 

Jaebum saw it coming.


 

He ing saw it-


 

“NO! YOUNGJAE! STOP-”


 

And the world halted.


 

Every living thing stopped breathing.

 

 

Everything slowed down like a black hole was pulling and grabbing and every existence into its darkest oblivion.


 

All noises were drowned out.


 

Except a loud sound like thunder striking right at Jaebum’s heart echoed through his ears.


 

A sound that will forever stain his pure heart.


 

The car swerved dramatically and rammed into the pole of the traffic light.


 

Youngjae’s body slammed back down onto the hard concrete. Eyes shut tight. His complexion was as peaceful as it ever could be.


 

“NO! YOUNGJAE!” Jaebum screamed in horror as he ran to Youngjae’s side. Picking up Youngjae and cradling his head gently, Jaebum felt suffocated. Tears poured as Jaebum held his lover’s head against his chest. “No, no, no, no, no… Please… Plea-please, no… Youngjae-ah… Youngjae-ah, please, I’m ing begging you, please! N-no…”


 

Jaebum struggled to breathe through his pleas and tears. His entire body was shaking with fear. “Youngjae… D-don’t leave m-m-me, p-please...”





 

<||><||><||><||><||>





 

Madam Choi stormed into the hospital with fire burning in her steps. The poor things around her seemed to be burned into ashes as she passed by. Last thing she wanted to hear from her secretary was that her son had ended up in the hospital. And that good-for-nothing Im Jaebum was the cause of it. If she hadn’t hated Jaebum enough, she does now. More and more and more and-


 

“You son-of-a-!” Madam Choi delivered a slap full of resentment and something far worse right across Jaebum’s face. Grabbing at his collars harshly, her eyes ripped through the boy’s soul, “Are you happy? Are you happy now? Look what you’ve done! You… Y-you… YOU!” She raised her hand again and slapped the rascal’s face out of disgust and spite.


 

Jaebum didn’t react. Just letting himself be Madam Choi’s punching bag. Because the madam was right. He was the cause of this. He caused this. He killed Youngjae. He killed the one person he loved and treasured more than anything and everything in this damned world. Jaebum deserved this. Deserved this.


 

“GET OUT! YOU DON’T HAVE THE RIGHTS! GET. OUT. NOW!” The madam yelled, against her son’s murderer’s chest. “I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOU ANYMORE! GET OUT! LEAVE!”


 

“Madam, please!” The head maid and the other maids pulled their mistress back.


 

Madam Choi shook her head in disbelief, not a single tear was shed. “Get lost. You bring nothing but trouble. Leave.”


 

Jaebum stood still. His head hung low. Cheeks red with handprints.


 

“LEAVE. NOW! OR I’LL KILL YOU!”


 

Jaebum nodded. Slowly, he walked away from the E.R. Tears streaming down his face. Never had he felt so hopeless. But what can he do.


 

He did this to his beloved Youngjae.





 

<||><||><||><||><||>





 

One last look.


 

Jaebum just wanted one last look at Youngjae.


 

He was already satisfy hearing from the head maid that Youngjae’s surgery went successfully. Now he just wanted to take one more look at his Youngjae.


 

That’s all.


 

And he’ll leave.



 

“I’m sorry,” Jaebum whispered, “I love you. I love you so much, Youngjae-ah.” He leaned down and softly placed a longing kiss on Youngjae’s forehead. His tears hadn’t dried. His heart hurts deeply. A scar that will never go away. Placing the promised feather into Youngjae’s palm, Jaebum tried to smile bravely. “I will always love you.”


 

Last time.


 

Last time Jaebum saw Youngjae.


 

Last time…


 

He turned his back and walked out of Youngjae’s life.