Chapter 3: Truth by Memory

Season of Gfriend

“There was a woman in my dreams. Unnie…”

Eunha’s jaw was shaking as she was trying to tell Sowon what she remembered.

“...Unnie, that woman was a decomposing corpse, Unnie…”

Her sight was shifting from corner to corner, as if she’s seeing people who are peeking on them. 

Suddenly, Eunha stood and rushed to Sowon, but she still couldn’t touch her as she was still in her astral form. But Sowon could see the fear in her eyes. 

“Calm down, Eunha-ya… you’ve seen me go hysterical earlier, I don’t want you to manifest it for we do not know of what may happen”, she tried to guide her into her bed while she sat on Yuju’s. They were facing each other, but Eunha’s eyes weren’t focused on her.

“Unnie, you have to believe me, now is not the time for us to be here… the same person that killed that woman will eventually hunt us”

Eunha sounded crazy, she sure did, especially from Sowon’s end. But she’s in no position to tell her that as she basically transformed into a deviant image of her earlier. Thus, she tried to listen to her whilst telling her to breathe and calm down.

“I don’t know who killed her, but I know that crazy person will kill us too”

Her eyes were trying to persuade Sowon. 

“...Unnie, I cannot go on any further… let’s disband already”

Disband? That word hit Sowon’s heart so much. How can Eunha drop that word easily? Their group has barely even started, and she wants them to quit everything. They didn’t practice and bled and fell and met all mockery to just give up. 

“What are you saying, Eunha-ya? You know I haven’t sworn before, don’t make me do it”, she warned the petite girl which made her tremble even more.

 

“Unnie, you don’t understand….”, she was trying to collect herself even though she was drowning in her own emotions. 

 

“What do I don’t understand? Why would you spout nonsense all of a sudden?”

 

The atmosphere of the room was clearly becoming suffocating. 

 

“You know how much we struggled just to be here… this is our dream…Jung Eunbi, do you know what disbanding means?”

 

Sowon’s astral body was starting to weaken, her breathing became minimal and heavy.

 

“Answer me!”

 

Eunha, who was looking down, sobbed harder than before. She was trying to wipe her tears and snot coming out of her nose, but she was still in high emotions that wiping didn’t help.

 

Suddenly, they hear a loud thunder. Outside their dorm, the clouds began to form dark gray clouds, waiting to pour its anguish to the Earth in a few seconds. 

 

Back inside the 97-liner’s room were Eunha and Sowon, who were immersed in an argument. Eunha, who was feeling wronged, stood up and looked at the eldest’s eyes with much sincerity and pain. Somehow, she wanted to tell her why she suggested Gfriend to disband. Of course, she wanted to create music and be with them and Buddies for a long time. But what she saw in her dreams defined an abstract painting of fear and anxiety inside Eunha’s heart. 

 

She gulped and tried to summon courage. As she dropped the words, “Unnie… if we continue any further, you might die”, Sowon was left with unexplained emotions.

 

“Eh?”

 

The only thing that she could utter was that short eh. It was clear in what she heard -- she would die. And although it seems stupid to believe in series of dreams, she was too drawn in everything that she said because she had witnessed everything weird in just one day.

 

“Unnie… the decomposing corpse, it was you” Eunha tried to prevent her tears from falling any further but she couldn’t bring to stop them. 

 

By then, Sowon felt a strong tug inside her astral body. It was as if she was being dragged or pulled into a vortex. She began shouting in immense pain, but Eunha couldn’t help her.

 

“Unnie, what’s happening?”, Eunha panics and opened the door to yell for some help from the rest of the members, but no one was answering.

 

“Dammit”

 

She ran back to Sowon, seeing her slowly fading. Her legs were dissolving into thin air and her hips followed. Sowon was still yelling in pain, but Eunha couldn’t move. She just watched her disappear in few snaps --- in a blink of an eye, their leader was gone.

 

That caused too much pressure in Eunha’s part that she began going back to her dreams. The vivid images of Sowon trying to escape and her body… Eunha started to feel as if her legs were crumbling into pieces. Her mind was in a total mess that she can no longer breathe properly. She crawled outside the room and cried, but no one was answering.

 

The time seemingly flew so fast and from their window view, she could see the darkness enveloping the city. The rain was pouring pretty hard and occasional combinations of lightning and thunder mixed within the ensemble. 

 

She kept on crawling until she managed to reach the door of the eldest unnies’ room. By that time, she no longer had the strength to carry on, and so she fainted. 

 

The dorm that was once filled with laughter and happiness became an abandoned place filled with mystery. It was silent, except for the sound of the rain hitting the glass window and the ringing phone of Jung Eunbi, who was lying flat on the cold floor. 

 

It kept on ringing and ringing until the caller stopped, unbeknownst to the caller, something happened to Eunha and the rest of the Gfriend members.