Chapter 18: Limelight

Season of Gfriend


“Eunbi, you were right. I was just dreaming”

“We were just dreaming”

The maknaes were crying as they were lying side by side. Their eyes wandered around the familiar room, realizing that it was the eldest unnies’ room.

They were still struggling to move, but both of them managed to rely on each other. They went out of the room, only to have Sowon greet them at the room’s door.

“Sowon-unnie”, the two maknaes couldn’t hide their joy that they immediately hugged Sowon. The eldest just looked at them, with a slight smile, the 98-liners’ hair.

The eldest guided them towards the kitchen, as she prepared the dinner beforehand. She told them that she had a hunch that the two would wake up by this day, and they did.

The maknaes just listened to her as they started to feast upon the lovely dinner their eldest unnie cooked.

“I missed this, and I missed you unnie”

“Me too”

It’s either they were showing off their child-like sides or they were just touched by the series of events, but they were tearing up whilst swallowing the grub. Sowon was just giggling at them.

Shortly after, the doorbell rang, and the maknaes felt their heart skip. The other members had arrived, and they were excited to see them.

When the Yerin, Eunha, and Yuju entered, their exhaustion was filling the place. They were exhausted from (1) the vocal practice, (2) manager-nim’s scoldings and (3) personal issues — Yuju and Eunha plus Yerin’s concern over the two.

That was that, but when they saw the maknaes happily waiting for them and chowing down the food, their mood shifted.

At the dining table, there were tears of joy. Finally, they are complete. Finally, they are Gfriend. 

When they finished their dinner and the remaining chores, they decided to pitch an indoor tent at their living room. It was big enough for them to have their pajama party.

One could see in their faces how grateful they are for their sisters. Their eyes were glowing with love. 

They went to turn off the bright lights and set it into dim ones. They began their pajama party by sharing everything that has transpired within their dreams or lives.

Yerin shared her experience of regaining one’s self once again. Yuju emphasized her struggles knowing that she was the first one to wake up. She left the part wherein she learned about Eunha’s illness, somehow relieving the bunny of the group.

Eunha shared her dreams as well, the ones centered around Sowon. Sinb followed by sharing the whole battle thing. Yewon took her time to explain her story, surprising Eunha when she told her that she met the young Jung Eunbi. 

Last but not the least, Sowon was given the spotlight to speak up. She had the most mysterious appearance out of all, as Yuju just found her at the astral realm. However, Sowon said that nothing really special happened to her. She just got to explore the astral realm and all. Even adding a statement, “What’s important is that we’re complete now”, to which the rest of the members agreed.

After having the things cleared up, well not quite, among them, they all went to practice for their concert. They announced it to Buddies as well. Everyone was hyped about their first solo concert.They all invited their friends and family to come watch them. Everyone was at bliss.

Time skip to January 2018, they conducted their first solo concert, Season of Gfriend. Buddies were shook of their production as every detail was thought of critically. 

Soon they had their Asia Tour, starting from Taiwan and Japan and Thailand as well as other parts of Asia. They were boosting their popularity by showing more of their potential to the public. 

As they finished their Asia Tour, they were bombarded with questions about their comeback and other plans. Their agency gave out vague answers so as to entice the public’s interest. It was a wonderful strategy to keep Gfriend growing and going.

Truthfully, they have a concept in mind but their agency was still thinking things through. However, Eunha knew she wasn’t in a good condition to continue. Her illness began to show up, and she had to come visit Dr. Seo more often. It would have been easier if she told the other members, but she didn’t want to place more burden in them. Thus she carried it on her own.

Yerin, who was keeping her eye on Eunha ever since that incident on their first day of practice, knew something was off. She shared to Sowon her thoughts about the situation, and one Thursday, they decided to follow her secretly. 

They wore masks and other accessories that would hide their identity from the public. Riding Sowon’s borrowed car from home, they followed Eunha who rode a private car as well. They had no idea about the car’s owner, but they believed it had a connection to Eunha’s peculiar behaviour.

The car drove inside the basement parking of a well-known hospital, and the eldest girls followed its path as well. 

Eunha got out of the car, dressed to her full disguise. Standing beside her was a woman with fancy dress, and they rode a seemingly special elevator guarded by tall and buffed up guards.

“What was that?”, Yerin mumbled.

In the end, they went back home. 

The 98 line plus Yuju were all watching a movie, while Yerin and Sowon patiently waited for Eunha. 

The moment the doorbell rang, Yerin ran off to greet her with a question. 

“Where have you been?”

Eunha was surprised by Yerin’s sudden interrogation.

“Somewhere… not really important”, she looked down. 

Yerin noticed how Eunha’s hair was getting longer. The latter liked it short, but maybe they were there for a reason.

“You won’t cut your hair?”

“Eh? I’m happy with this length”, she countered.

“Or is there something you’re hiding?”, Yerin fixed her gaze at the trembling pupils of Eunha. She noticed the sweat forming at the sides of her forehead. 

“Jung Eunbi, you’re sick, aren’t you?”

Yerin reached to her conclusion, as she connected every observation she had. 

Eunha was shaking in her knees, tearing up, both in shock and pain.