Thinking of you

Fools

I fall asleep while only thinking of you. In my dream, I only dream of you. Oh and then I wake up in the morning.

Qianxi sighed as he stared at the starry ceiling of his bedroom.

With a tight grip on his phone, Qianxi bit his lip as he reread the text from Junkai.

Kai: Qianxi! The girl I'll be taking care of our Lin Yangmi! I also saw Yuan!

Qianxi wanted to be happy, really. Yuan is both his and Junkai's most precious friend. He couldn't be happy for Yangmi though. 

She was the only girl that Junkai care about and Yangmi really liked Junkai. Too much perhaps.

It made Qianxi uneasy.

After a while, Junkai called Qianxi and the latter only stared at the caller id.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" 

Qianxi looked at his mom who sat next to him.

"I don't feel like answering any calls right now." Qianxi smiled with tight lips.

"What happened? Did you two have a fight?"

"No." Qianxi sat up to face his mom.

"Then what is it?"

"I... What made Junkai like me?"

"What kind of question is that?" Mrs. Yi hugged her son.

"What did he see in me?"

"You're so handsome for starters. And you have a genuine heart who always think of others."

"Is that it, ma? So if I stop thinking of others, will he be disillusioned? Will he leave me?Will he realize that I'm not worthy of being the first person he ever liked a lot?"

"Don't give yourself so much questions, Yangyang. Sometimes, we don't need answers. We just have to believe."

Qianxi nodded as he sighed in his mom's embrace.

The next day, Qianxi opened the door and was surprised to see Junkai glaring at him.

"It's not nice to have a bad mood first thing in the morning, Wangwang." Qianxi cupped both Junkai's cheeks.

"Why didn't you answer my phone call last night?"

"I was a bit sick. Sorry for making you worry." 

"Are you okay now?" Junkai's eyes soften as he placed his palm on top of Qianxi's forehead.

"I'm okay now. Let's go?" Qianxi held unto Junkai's hand while the latter intertwined them.

As they arrived at the classroom, Yinke immediately turned to Qianxi.

"The delegate I'll be taking care of told me he knows you."

"Oh? What's his name?"

"Wang Yuan."

"Really? You're in charge of Yuan?" Qianxi grinned.

Yinke nodded with a smile.

"How about you, Junkai? I heard it's one of the most popular girls in their school." Wutong elbowed Junkai.

"She is?" Junkai laughed.

"Yeah! Yuan told me that he has a hard time protecting her from suitors and fans in their school." Yinke shrugged.

"It's Yangmi. She's not as popular as when we last saw her though. She's just a dork." Junkai chuckled.

"Yangmi? Lin Yangmi? Isn't she the team captain of the female soccer team?" Wutong's eyes widen.

"Yep. So you better watch out, Wutong." Junkai winked.

"Hey, don't you dare use a delegate to win me over." Wutong whacked Junkai's head.

"No promises." Junkai stuck his tongue out as he caressed his whacked head.

Yinke looked at Qianxi and saw the latter quietly jotting down notes.

"Are you okay, Qianxi?"

Junkai glanced at Qianxi.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine. What were you guys talking about again?" Qianxi smiled sheepishly as he scratched his nape.

"About Junkai's delegate."

"Oh, Yangmi. Yeah, she's pretty nice. I'm happy that Junkai's going to take care of someone he's comfortable with." Qianxi turned around to Junkai to pat his head.

Junkai grinned at Qianxi.

"So when will they be arriving here?"

"Next week."

Qianxi faced front once again because he's not in the mood to talk about what's about to come next week.

Qianxi missed the way Junkai have been staring at him in concern.

At the gym, Qianxi fell asleep at the bench in the lockers' room.

Junkai didn't know that though and thought that Qianxi went home ahead so he walked home by himself in a hurry.

"What the heck?"

Qianxi sat up from the bench and looked at Wutong who looked back at him in surprise.

"Junkai didn't know you were here so he went home already..." Yinke bit his lip.

"No, it's okay." Qianxi laughed as he walked towards the exit.

Yinke patted Qianxi on the shoulder which made the latter look at him.

"No matter what's in that head of yours, please know someone loves you." 

Qianxi only nodded as he continued walking away.

As he reached home, Qianxi saw Junkai seated at the doorway with his head on his knees. 

"Kai?"

Junkai looked up with teary eyes at Qianxi.

"What's wrong?" Qianxi bent down to wipe Junkai's tears from his cheeks.

"I don't know. I just feel scared, Qian." 

"About what?"

"I feel uneasy." Junkai stood up along with Qianxi and cupped the latter's cheeks.

"About what?"

"About you." 

Qianxi bit his lip but still remained eye contact with Junkai.

"I know it might be too early to say anything but I just don't feel right."

"Don't worry. I'm fine. We're fine. I just don't feel well today, okay?"

"Why didn't you tell me you were in the lockers? And even more, you were sleeping on the bench." Junkai frowned at the thought of Qianxi sleeping on the bench, probably waiting for him.

"I felt sleepy." Qianxi chuckled.

"I love you."

Qianxi was stunned for a while from the sudden outburst but soon smiled and hugged Junkai.

"Hey. Did you hear what I said, Yangyang?"

"I love you too."

Junkai smiled as he buried his nose in Qianxi's hair.

Inside Junkai's bedroom, Qianxi groaned as he was hugged by the owner.

"Seriously. I can sleep on the matress, Wang Junkai."

"I want to hug you while we're sleeping."

"We have school tomorrow."

"Mrs. Yi brought your uniform downstairs." Junkai snuggled into Qianxi's neck.

Qianxi had no choice so he sighed and caressed Junkai's hair.

"Are you excited?"

"For what?" Junkai closed his eyes, ready to sleep.

"To see Yangmi."

"Of course I am! It's been too long. Don't you miss her too?" Junkai glanced at Qianxi.

"A bit. But I miss Yuan more." Qianxi smiled.

"Don't make me jealous." Junkai flicked Qianxi's forehead.

"Heard from Yinke that Yuan grew so good-looking, Wangwang."

"I won over him in that middle school pageant, Qianxi. He can't possibly look more handsome than me." Junkai scoffed.

"Of course you are the most handsome." Qianxi pinched Junkai's cheek which made the latter whine.

"But really, I miss them. A lot. Do you remember when Yangmi was bullied by her female classmates? I felt like a superhero." Junkai laughed.

"That's because you are. Do you remember when Yangmi would always look for you in the cafeteria?"

"Yeah. She really looks up to me, huh?" 

"Mhm."

Junkai moved around in which resulted to Junkai and Qianxi facing each other.

"Want to join me?"

"Where?"

"Next week when I'm accompanying Yangmi around school."

"I'm not the caretaker. You are. The delegates would be confused to see two people taking care of one."

"She's not just any delegate. She's Yangmi."

"I have things to stop by. And I have dance practice." Qianxi caressed Junkai's cheek.

"Yangmi would like to see you though. Not just as my friend but as my boyfriend." 

Qianxi rolled his eyes but his cheeks were red.

"I haven't told them yet although I'm sure Yinke already told Yuan." Junkai intertwined his fingers with Qianxi's.

"So Yangmi doesn't know?"

"Mhm. I want you to be there when I tell her." Junkai grinned.

"You can tell her without me."

"I want to have a reason to kiss you again." Junkai mumbled but Qianxi heard him nonetheless.

"W-What?"

"Can I kiss you again then?"

"Did you really have to ask?"

"Should I not?" Junkai raised an eyebrow.

Qianxi said nothing but pulled Junkai by the neck to close the distance between their lips.

Junkai's eyes widen at first but he responded to the kiss after a while.

Qianxi pulled away and faced his back to Junkai.

Junkai only chuckled as he hugged Qianxi from the back.

"I thought I could kiss you when I tell Yangmi because for sure, she won't believe it at first."

"Don't use Yangmi as an excuse, Junkai." Qianxi laughed.

"I won't anymore. Now that I know that I can kiss you whenever." Junkai smiled.

"Go to sleep." Qianxi closed his eyes.

Junkai nodded as he also closed his eyes.

After a while, Junkai was already asleep so he failed to notice Qianxi intertwining his fingers with Junkai's.

"What do you even see in me, Kai?"