Thank you

Fools

I'm a fool, I'm a fool who only sees you, thank you.

Junkai and Qianxi were seated at Junkai's bed with brown envelopes on their lap.

"Are you ready?" Junkai mumbled.

Qianxi only nodded.

They took a deep breath and opened the envelope.

Both of their eyes widen but made no sound.

"So... did you get in?"

"Did you?"

"I asked you first." Qianxi glared.

"Well, I got in."

"You did? That's amazing!" Qianxi grinned as he threw himself unto Junkai.

Luckily, Junkai has good reflexes and catched Qianxi by the waist.

Junkai would've been happy if he didn't see the red ink on Qianxi's paper.

"Q-Qian, you didn't get in?"

"Does that even matter? You got in, Kai. It's your dream school." Qianxi cupped Junkai's cheeks.

"It's not anymore if you're not going to be with me."

Qianxi sighed and wrapped his arms around Junkai's neck as he straddled Junkai's waist with his legs.

"Don't be like that. You worked hard to get into this school. You can't just throw it away because I didn't get in."

"I don't want to be away from you."

"I won't be far. I mean, I passed the entrance exam of the school near yours."

"Like 10 blocks away." Junkai pouted.

"We're going to meet each other still. What are you so worried about anyway?"

Junkai bit his lip before shaking his head.

"Kai?" Qianxi felt something wrong.

"Maybe I'm just so used to being with you that I'm scared of not seeing you for a long time anymore."

"You know that both our schools are allowed to eat outside, right?"

Junkai nodded and buried his face unto Qianxi's neck to smell the latter's scent.

"I know it's hard... I'm sad to be away from you too. But don't you think this is an opportunity to strengthen our relationship? We've always been stuck to the hip. Distance makes the heart grow fonder."

Junkai only nodded.

Qianxi peeked at Junkai before caressing the latter's strands of hair.

The next day, Junkai was only sitting at the bleachers and staring at nowhere.

"What's wrong with Junkai?" Wutong placed an arm around Qianxi.

"I didn't get in Beijing National University."

"How about him?"

"He got in."

"Oh." Wutong nodded, understanding the situation.

"Poor Junkai. He's going to be far away from his Qianxi."

"Go practice! You're disturbing Qianxi." Yinke whacked Wutong's head which made the latter pout and run to the indoor field.

The two only looked at the soccer game when when Yinke noticed Qianxi looking down on his shoes.

"Are you okay?" Yinke placed a hand on Qianxi's shoulder and realized Qianxi was shaking.

"I'm scared." Qianxi bit his lip.

"About being away from Junkai?"

Qianxi nodded as he stared at Junkai who was running around the gym.

"You can always meet during lunch and after class-"

"It's not about that. Rather than afraid, I guess I'm insecure. You always experience so many memorable things in University. I guess I feel sad that I won't be able to be there when Junkai experience those kinds of things. Call me selfish but I want to be the person that comes into his mind when he think of happy things. But maybe, all those will change after entering a new school."

"That's part of life, Qianxi. We're always growing. Although you are the constant of Junkai's life, you're not the constant of his memories. To grow, we need to discover. And I have to be honest with you, maybe the thing that's holding you back from growing is him and vice versa."

Qianxi wiped the tear that fell from his eyes and nodded. Maybe it's true.

After practice, Junkai and Qianxi were silently walking hand in hand.

"Want to go somewhere?"

"Why?"

"I don't feel like going home yet." Junkai looked at the sky with lots of stars.

Qianxi smiled as he also looked at the sky.

"You know, I have the blanket inside my bag." Qianxi bumped his shoulder against Junkai's shoulder.

Junkai chuckled before pulling Qianxi into a kiss.

"Added to the reasons why I love you." 

Qianxi playfully slapped Junkai's head away from him as his cheeks turn red.

"The last one to get to the park has to buy drinks on the way home!" Qianxi smirked before running off.

"No fair, I wasn't ready!" Junkai whined before running off as well.

At the park, the two were lying down a blanket while staring at the stars.

"I feel like I'm already at home." Qianxi laughed.

"I drew such realistic stars on your ceilings, didn't I?"

"Dream on, Wangwang." Qianxi scoffed.

Junkai faced to the side with his head resting on his arm.

"What?" Qianxi turned his head towards Junkai.

Junkai smiled before leaning in to kiss Qianxi.

Qianxi was surprised at first but slowly kissed back.

Junkai slowly pulled Qianxi's waist so the latter could face him.

Soon, they parted with deep breaths.

"I love you."

"I love you too." Qianxi caressed Junkai's cheek.

The two were just staring at each other for a while.

"Listen."

"I have to tell you something."

They both laughed at what they have said at the same time.

"Ladies first, Yangyang."

Qianxi glared before slapping Junkai's cheek.

Junkai whined as he place his palm on his slapped cheek.

"Because of what you said, you go first."

"I guess I wasn't being completely honest with you, Qianxi."

"About what?"

"I'm not scared of being away from you because we're still neighbors. I can still see you during lunch. We can still go home together. I might've lost a few hours of your time but there are lots of time to repay the time we'll lose once we enter our universities."

"Then what are you worried about? We won't be losing time for each other."

"I'm not worried of losing time. I'm worried about losing you."

Qianxi slightly smiled which went unnoticed by Junkai who looked down to intertwined their fingers.

"Being in a new environment will surely change us, Qian. I'm afraid that because I won't be around, you'll be able to meet new people who are worthy of your time rather than me. I feel like being with me was the one holding you back in finding the actual person you deserve. Beijing University of Performing Arts has a lot of students. Especially, most of the students there share the same passion as you do. What if you realize that having someone who share the same hobbies as you is better? What if you realize you prefer someone who dances ballet and does great choreographies than someone who kicks soccer balls and run around fields in the summer heat?"

"Wang Junkai, you don't really look at yourself the way I look at you, huh?"

Junkai only shook his head.

"I'm also insecure, you know."

"Really?"

"Mhm. I don't want you experiencing memorable moments without me. It makes me feel less special." 

"I always create memorable moments with you."

"But sometimes, the memorable ones happen when we least expect it. And in Universities, a lot of things happen. I just... I'm sad that once you remember one memorable moment without me in it, I'll slowly fade away from being part of your future. I always want to be part of your future, Junkai." 

"Not just my future. You're a part of me. Even if I discover new things without you by my side, I won't forget you. I will never forget you. Have you forgotten? You're my first love. The first person I confessed to and the first person I kissed. You will never go away from my thoughts. And I don't think a few happenings in University will erase our 10 years. That's crazy."

"You're also saying crazy stuff, you know. I do love watching ballet performances but I'd rather have none of that and more of someone like you. Yes, you kick soccer balls and run around the field but that's not the only thing I see about you. Want to know what I see whenever you play soccer?" Qianxi smiled as he brushed away strands of hair from Junkai's eyes.

Junkai only nodded, a little bit too enchanted by his boyfriend.

"I saw love whenever you play soccer. When you win, you grin and when you lose, you laugh. Everyone knows you for laughing whenever you lose. And that's when I understood that soccer isn't just a hobby for you. You kick soccer balls because it makes you happy and alive. It makes you a person that nobody else is. It makes you Wang Junkai. And I will never ever choose a man who dances because he loves moving along the music or whatever reason. I choose you because the man who kicks soccer balls, doesn't need a reason to love something. Just like how you love me. And how I love you." Qianxi rubbed both his and Junkai's nose together.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For always, always reminding me. I don't know how much reminders I need."

"Don't worry, we have a lot of time for that. Thank you as well."

"For?"

"For making me feel special. I never felt as if anyone was afraid of losing me because I always felt the opposite where I'm the one afraid of losing someone. I felt important with you."

"You are important. Not just to me but to a lot. You just don't know it."

"Well maybe I don't need to know it. Being important to you is enough for me."

Junkai blushed a bit so he sat up.

"Wow, too much for cheesiness for one night. Don't you think?"

Qianxi laughed as he also sat up.

"I agree. Now let's go because you have to buy me milk tea."

"You cheated!" Junkai whined.

Qianxi stuck his tongue out and stood up before offering Junkai a hand.

"Come on, let's go buy milk tea."

Junkai pouted but still held Qianxi's hand and stood up.

"I can't believe you love me yet still manipulate me in buying you milk tea." Junkai grumbled as he intertwined his fingers with Qianxi.

"Thank you." Qianxi chuckled before kissing Junkai's cheek.

Junkai was stunned for a moment before pressing his lips unto Qianxi's lips for a split second which made both of them red.

"Thank God you're beautiful." Junkai looked elsewhere because of embarrassment.

Qianxi looked down with bitten lips as he tried to control himself from grinning too wide.