Special Chapter 2

Fools

Qianxi was staring at the ceiling when Junkai joined him for bed.

"What are you thinking about?" Junkai faced Qianxi and poked the latter's cheek.

"What to do during summer. It's summer in like... a month or so."

"Where do you want to go?" Junkai scooted closer and s an arm around Qianxi's waist.

"More like what do you want to do?" Qianxi scrunched his nose as he looked at Junkai.

They were mere inches apart and Qianxi was in awe. It has been a while since they had a decent talk like this.

They started school at different universities very calmly. They would talk on the phone during breaks and go home together. It lasted for about three months.

The following months were... well, different. 

Junkai joined a theater performance club. Solely because Qianxi told him that it was a shame that he couldn't see Junkai sing more often. And weirdly, Junkai fell in love with singing and acting after joining. It was hard to juggle soccer and theater which really takes so much of Junkai's time. Qianxi barely sees him anymore.

Qianxi on the other hand, also got interested in acting so he joined the film club.

They both did say that they would eat lunch outside together but they stopped after a while because school really kept them busy.

"Hey, are you listening to me, Yangyang?" Junkai poked Qianxi's cheek again as the latter spaced out.

"Uh, what? What did you say?"

"I said I missed you. It's been a long time since I saw your face this close again." Junkai caressed Qianxi's cheek.

"I missed you too." Qianxi smiled.

"I'm sorry if I rarely have time for you. I'll do better." Junkai frowned as he neared Qianxi's face with their nose touching and breaths ghosting each other's faces.

"I'm okay. You don't need to worry about a thing. I'm happy that you're discovering new things." Qianxi pecked Junkai's lips.

Junkai smiled as he placed a kiss on Qianxi's forehead.

"Let's talk about our summer vacation after we finish this semester. We need sleep right now."

Qianxi chuckled before they close their eyes to sleep.

The next day, Qianxi was reading about his thesis in the library when Jiyu sat next to him.

"Qianxi, why haven't you been answering my texts?" Jiyu pouted.

"Stop saying things like that. This is why people think we're dating." Qianxi laughed.

"So what? Are you ashamed to be my rumored boyfriend?" Jiyu glared.

Qianxi only shrugged which made Jiyu pushed him.

"Hey, don't push me. Why were you even looking for me?"

"Can't I go see my friend anymore? These past few days, you've been so busy. A lot of people have been already doubting if I'm your friend or not!"

"You're the only one I really hang out with in this school. It's either I'm alone or with my club mates. Does that make you happy?"

Jiyu nodded with a grin which made Qianxi roll his eyes.

"But seriously, why are you here?"

"Your club mates told me that the meeting today will be a bit later. At 5pm." 

Qianxi looked at the clock which stated 1pm and nodded at Jiyu and then went back to reading.

"Are you not going to eat?"

"I'm still full. You can eat without me, Jiyu."

"Are you sure? Wang Junkai will be angry at me if he founds out I haven't been taking care of you."

"First of all, you're my friend. Not a baby sitter. And second, stop using Junkai as a threat. It won't work anymore." Qianxi stuck a tongue out at Jiyu.

"Fine. Just be safe, okay? I'll eat first then go home."

"Okay, you be safe."

Jiyu waved goodbye before leaving Qianxi with his thesis.

It was 4:45 when Qianxi stopped reading and plucked out his cellphone.

Luck wasn't on his side and it was 0% battery. He forgot to charge it at home.

Qianxi groaned before going to the club room.

It was already 10pm when their club meeting has finished and only then did Qianxi remember that his cellphone had no battery.

"Hey, Zuer? Do you have a powerbank I can borrow?"

"Sure. Just bring it back tomorrow." Zuer gave Qianxi her powerbank and bid her goodbye.

Qianxi used the powerbank and opened his phone.

There were a lot of missed calls.

From Yuan, Yangmi, Wutong, Yinke, and especially Junkai. There were also texts.

Yuan: Where are you? Is there something wrong?

Yangmi: Junkai told me you're not home yet. Where are you?

Wutong: Qianxi, answer our calls please.

Yinke: Where are you? Please be safe.

Junkai: What's taking you so long? Are you still at school? Are you having a hard time right now? Talk to me, Qian. 

"Oops." Qianxi mumbled.

"Oops indeed."

Qianxi looked up and saw Junkai who was drenched.

"Kai? Why are you so wet?" 

"It's raining outside. I've been searching for you for hours. Your classes were supposed to end at 5. I couldn't even reach Jiyu. I was worried sick, Yi Yang Qianxi." Junkai glared.

Qianxi pouted before hugging Junkai.

"Don't hug me, I'm wet."

"I'm sorry. My phone ran out of battery while I was at the library and I got to into the meeting so I forgot to charge it."

Junkai sighed before hugging Qianxi back.

"I was so worried, you know."

"What time did you arrive home?"

"3pm. I was excited too, you know."

"Why 3pm? You often go home at 10pm."

"So that's why you didn't bother sending a text?" Junkai raised an eyebrow at him which just made Qianxi grinned sheepishly.

"Let's go home. You're surely going to get sick tomorrow."

Back at their apartment, Qianxi dries Junkai's hair.

"Why so early though? Did you not have soccer practice today?"

"About that... I quit."

"What?!"

Junkai bit his lip as Qianxi sat down in front of him.

"Why did you quit?"

"I think... I don't love soccer as much anymore."

"Oh."

"And last night got me thinking. I mean, I love soccer. I really do. But if I were to choose between theater and soccer, I think I'd chose the former. And it's a good thing. I won't be as busy as I usually am. I'd have time for you." Junkai held both of Qianxi's hands.

"Yeah, that's great." Qianxi smiled.

"Are you okay? Tell me what's on your mind."

And there goes Qianxi's guilt again. After Junkai promised to help Qianxi with his issues, Junkai would always try to consider Qianxi's thoughts after everything that Junkai does. 

Junkai didn't need to do that. It's his life. It's his right to choose whatever makes him happy.

Because Qianxi wants Junkai to be happy.

"It's nothing. Really."

"Why are you trying to break your promise again, Qian? You promised you'd tell me if something bothers you. By now, I know that face all too well." Junkai pinched Qianxi's nose.

"I'm sorry. I'm really happy for you. Please don't think sadly of your decision." 

"Then tell me what's bothering you." Junkai pouted before laying his head on Qianxi's chest.

"It's really out of topic, you know." Qianxi scratches Junkai's scalp which Junkai really loves when he does that.

"It's okay. Just let it out on me. Let me prove you how wrong your sad thoughts are." Junkai cupped Qianxi's cheeks and pecked his lips.

"I love you." Qianxi smiled.

Junkai was stunned for a while because it felt like the first time. The butterflies are still in his stomach and his ears are turning red again and wow, he really loves this man so much. 

"You don't know how much I love you, Yi Yang Qianxi." Junkai chuckled.

"And I suddenly just had a thought. You're leaving your old passion. What if... when will I be next?" Qianxi's voice broke at the last part and that shook Junkai to the core.

Qianxi noticed Junkai was left speechless so he just laughed and kissed Junkai's nose.

"Did I shock you? I'm sorry. Please don't be sad. I'm always trying to be confident with your love. I know you love me and I'm really trying my best."

Junkai was still not talking which made Qianxi look down and bites his lip.

It was too fast when Junkai suddenly pushed Qianxi to the bed and hovered above the latter.

"J-Junkai..."

"Until when are you going to apologize for feeling?"

"W-What?"

"I can see you trying your best, I know that. Stop saying sorry for telling me what's on your mind."

"It's unfair for you. I want you to know that I trust your love, I really do. But I-"

"You don't trust yourself. I know that so much. And I will stay with you. I will stay. I will be here to remind you always that you're going to the long run with me until the end. I'm going to marry you and you're not going to be some sort of passion that I've outgrown. I'll never ever outgrow you, Yi Yang Qianxi."

A tear fell down from Qianxi's eye and Junkai softly caressed the tear away.

"I love you. I love you so much, Wang Junkai."

Junkai only laughed as he feels all the butterflies again before crashing his lips unto Qianxi's.