Fools who only look at each other

Fools

Junkai grinned as he woke up with Qianxi in his arms but the latter wasn't asleep. In fact, he was just staring at Junkai.

"You've been awake for a while?"

"A bit." 

"I can't believe you're going to school today." Junkai groaned as he buried Qianxi inside his arms.

"Why? Is there anything special today?" Qianxi chuckled as he kissed the side of Junkai's neck.

Junkai froze for a bit before shaking his head.

"I just wanted to go on a date today." Junkai frowned.

"I'm sorry. We'll go on that date later?"

Junkai smiled as he kissed Qianxi's head.

"Now, let me go so I can get ready."

Junkai whined but let go of Qianxi anyways as the latter went to the bathroom.

Inside the bathroom, Qianxi buried his face inside his palms.

Today was their anniversary. 

"He's new to this, Qianxi. He wouldn't remember something like this. Calm down, it's okay. There's always a first in everything. Just don't look disappointed. He'll be sad if you do." Qianxi talked to himself before making deep breaths.

After a while, Qianxi left the bathroom and saw Junkai still on the bed.

"What will you do for the whole day, Wangwang? Lie down?" Qianxi smirked.

"Not a bad idea. I have nothing to do anyways. I'll be alone all day." Junkai sat up and glared at Qianxi who only shrugged.

"Blame the professor, Wang Junkai. Not me."

"When will you be home?" Junkai stood up and s his arms around Qianxi's waist.

"Whenever I want." Qianxi grinned as he placed his arms around Junkai's neck.

Junkai pouted.

"I don't know. I'll just call you when the classes are finished." Qianxi sighed as he carresed Junkai's cheek.

"Or should I go check out your school?"

"Not a good idea at the moment." Qianxi raised an eyebrow.

"Just a peek, Yangyang."

"Fine." Qianxi sighed.

Junkai grinned before kissing Qianxi on the cheek and entering the bathroom for a quick shower.

Soon, the two were walking hand in hand at Qianxi's university. 

"Qianxi! You didn't tell me you have a handsome friend." Jiyu smiled.

"A handsome boyfriend, actually." Junkai grinned as he raised their intertwined hands.

"Oh, this must be Wang Junkai." Jiyu squealed.

Junkai looked at Qianxi with questioning eyes as Qianxi looked away in embarrassment.

"Yeah, he's Junkai..."

"Qianxi always talks about you. Ugh, I didn't know you were this handsome! Now I understand why he's so head over heels for you." 

"Stop making me embarrassed, Jiyu." Qianxi whined.

"So what brings your boyfriend here?" Jiyu interlocked her arms with Qianxi.

"He's here because he's bored." 

"Oh. You know I can always tell Professor Li that you're sick with flu so you can show Junkai around."

"No. That won't be necessary but thank you, umm, Jiyu." Junkai smiled as he scratched his nape.

"No problem. I really really like both of your chemistry." Jiyu formed a camera with her fingers to pretend to capture the two.

"Jiyu is always like this. So I can't save her face at all." Qianxi shook his head in disbelief.

"No, it's okay. Your friend is nice. I'm relieved you have a friend like her." Junkai laughed as he squeezed Qianxi's hand.

"Did you hear that? He's happy you have me." Jiyu stuck her tongue out.

The bell rung and Qianxi groaned.

"I have to go. You know the way home, right?"

Junkai nodded before letting go of Qianxi's hand.

Qianxi cupped Junkai's cheeks and kissed Junkai before running to his class.

Jiyu waved goodbye and was about to leave when Junkai caught her wrist.

"Umm, what is it?"

"Do you have time?"

"What do you mean?" Jiyu bit her lip.

"Please?"

Jiyu glanced at the way to her first class before sighing.

"Fine."

Meanwhile, Qianxi was busy at the library with his other friend, Haoran. 

"Haoran, I haven't seen Jiyu at class but she was with Junkai and I this morning. Where is she now?"

"Oh, she said she had to do some things."

"Things like what?"

"I don't know. She entered broadcasting class just fine." Haoran shrugged.

During lunch, Qianxi was seated alone when Jiyu sat next to her.

"Why didn't you enter first period? I was lonely." Qianxi glared as he pointed his chopsticks at Jiyu who only scratched her nape.

"Sorry. Something came up."

"And that is?"

"Well..." 

"You know, you always tell me these things. What are you hiding?"

"It's not important." Jiyu pouted before munching on her food.

Qianxi pouted, still not believing it, but decided to let it go and called Yuan.

"Yuan? How is it?"

"Well, everything's going according to plan. The only thing not here is the food. How will you find time to cook later? What if Junkai grows suspicious? He's not smart for nothing, Yi Yang Qianxi."

"And so am I. I'm just going to skip this one class."

Jiyu raised an eyebrow.

"Okay fine. Just be sure you already know what to cook. We don't have time to think anymore."

"Of course. I have to go. Thanks, Yuan."

"Anything for you guys."

"Don't be cheesy."

"Don't be too flattered then."

"Bye."

"Bye!!"

Qianxi ended the call with a chuckle.

"Who's that?"

"Yuan, my childhood friend."

"You're skipping class?"

"Yeah."

"What for?"

Qianxi bit his lip. He doesn't want to let other people know. 

"Well, Yuan asked me to do something for him. And I need to do it as early as possible."

"Then why did you thank him?"

"Because he wasn't mad at me that I'll be late."

"I didn't know you were grateful for the little things." Jiyu chuckled.

"Sometimes, it's what matters." Qianxi smiled which made Jiyu smile back.

It was 2pm when Qianxi arrived at the gazebo near the lake.

"Hey, I'm here. Let's get started?"

"Junkai wanted to hang out earlier." Yuan laughed.

"Really?" Qianxi chuckled.

"Yeah, so I made Yangmi join him. I can't believe Junkai doesn't know your anniversary when he's so in love with you." Yuan laughed as he helped Qianxi with bringing out the kitchen tools.

"It's our first relationship. Give us some slack." Qianxi chuckled.

Yuan laughed again before they begin cutting onions.

It was already 5 in the evening when everything was done.

The setting was perfect and Qianxi could only sigh.

"What's with that sigh? It doesn't sound happy."

"I just... What if Junkai begins feeling guilty?"

"Well, you just have to make the atmosphere light. You know, joke around and say that he should take you out tomorrow in expensive places."

"I... is this the right idea? I might have not thought it through."

"Listen, Yi Yang Qianxi." Yuan held both of Qianxi's shoulders firmly.

"What?"

"Junkai will feel guilty and it might cause some discomfort but you have to remember that it's been a year since you've been together. A year since he confessed to you. You can't just back down on this. Let him remember this day so he won't forget next year."

"Maybe you're right."

"I am right." Yuan smirked which made Qianxi roll his eyes.

Qianxi received a text from Haoran.

Haoran: Qianxi, I think you should come here in the campus.

Qianxi: Why?

Haoran: I don't want to sound really insensitive but I saw your boyfriend and Jiyu together.

Qianxi's eyes widen and his hands begin to shake.

Qianxi: You must be mistaken. He's at home.

Haoran: I wish I was but then I heard Jiyu shout his name. It's Wang Junkai, right? 

Qianxi: Where are you?

Qianxi was trembling as his tears began flowing.

"Q-Qianxi, what's wrong?" Yuan's eyes widen.

Haoran: At the field in front of the school entrance.

"I-I have to go to school."

"What? But what about-"

"Yuan, Junkai's with my friend." 

"What?"

"He's with my friend at school. I don't know how that happened but Haoran saw them just now and-" Qianxi was rambling with tears flowing and Yuan couldn't look at it so he hugged him.

"I'm going with you."

Qianxi nodded before wailing unto Yuan's shoulder.