Chapter 20

I hate that I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu's POV

 

I was silently eating when mom stood up and called someone, a familiar name for me that I couldn't forget. "Kim Mingyu," I turned to where my mom was looking at, and there I saw him, the guy who made me fell in love for the first time, the guy who I always want to be with from our childhood, to our life after college, the guy whom I really loved, my lover. But things had already changed, after I went back to Taiwan for my middle school, we didn't have enough time to communicate. I heard from a rumor that he had a girlfriend. It wasn't like I was saying that we were a couple before, but our feelings were mutual, we promised each other that we won't break apart, but promises are meant to be broken. "Good evening, Mrs. Chou," He bowed to mom, he turned to me, and we were looking at each other. "Tzuyu," The way my name came out of his mouth, was something I felt before. He was smiling, and I'm here, about to faint with that Goddamn smile. "Mingyu," I was so nervous to say his name again, good thing I didn't stutter.

 

I sat back to my chair, and he sits beside me, as mom pointed to the chair that was on my side for him. "It was a long time to see you both together again," Mom started the conversation. "Yes, Mrs. Chou, I never thought that we would have a dinner, just us three after a long time." That explains why there has a food in my side. "I will be coming back to Taiwan tomorrow, and since I guess you knew why you're here, right? I want you to take care of my Tzuyu." Am I hearing things right? "I will take care of her, ma'am." My heart beats rapidly as he said that and glanced at me, why am I feeling like this? Hasn't my love for him changed? But, I love Sana.

 

End of Tzuyu's POV

 

The three of them talks about random things, but mostly Tzuyu doesn't have anything to talk with them. The dessert had served, and Mingyu was eating chocolate cake while talking to Mrs. Chou, only Tzuyu didn't ordered any desserts. He noticed that she was glancing at his food, Mingyu sliced a piece and poke Tzuyu with his right forefinger to her arm. "For you," He offered, smiling. "Oh, thank you." She gladly accepted without refusing. "You still look good together," Mrs. Chou said, watching them interact. She likes Mingyu for Tzuyu, but she's not that type of a mother to force their daughter to marry someone, and besides, she hopes for her daughter's happiness. Tzuyu didn't hear what her mom said, but Mingyu did. He sadly smiled, thinking of what could have been happened, if they are a couple. Minutes had passed, their table was full of encouraging words from Mrs. Chou to the both, life lessons that they may use in the near future, mostly it was all about marriage. Tzuyu listened to her mom well, it's their catching up together after not seeing each other for 2months. Although she thought that her mom would be the only person she had to see, him being here was enough for her. Tzuyu may not know in herself, but Mingyu was still a part of her life, and they didn't have a closure when she leaves for Taiwan. Even if they were not official before, they love each other, and even promised that they'll never leave each other's side.

 

// 

 

When they got in their hotel room, Mingyu helped Mrs. Chou arranging her things that should be fully packed for tomorrow morning. Tzuyu was texting her girl for her not to sleep early, it's only 10pm. They usually sleep at 1am so she keeps on texting her. "Than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter