Chapter 19

I hate that I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bambam fetch Mina in the lobby, he was smiling adoring the ballerina. The latter smiled when she saw him smiling. She needs to be nice, after all Bambam was her friend. "Let's go?" She nodded, he offered his arm for her to hold. Mina hesitated a bit if she'll hold his arm, but he grab her hand, not waiting for Mina to refuse. "You look gloomy, what's up?" Bambam said, leaning to Mina. Seeing him this close to my face makes my cheek turn red. He blinks his eyes and Mina leaned her head back so that they are not too close as much as her liking. "Nothing," She said. Bambam suddenly stopped walking, he grabbed her chin and looked into her eyes as he squints his own. He then furrows his eyebrows and Mina furrowed her own too, for no apparent reason. "I've studied and known you so well Myoui Mina and I think lying in front of my face won't let you pass this emotion test." He said as she roll her eyes and slapped his hand away from her chin. 

 

They started walking, with Mina still holding Bambam's arm. "I don't know, okay? I just... I don't know. I'm so confused on what to say, what to know, what to do." She sighed. "Ahh," Bambam said as he pointed his index finger in the air. "I think you like someone or probably you are interested in someone, but they are pushing you away," Mina gave him a questioning look. "You long for someone, but your heart denies the fact of you loving for that specific person, your brain knows it well that you do, but it never once occurred to you that you might do." Bambam was right, I was longing for Chaeyoung to love me back, and I never deny what I feel for her, but she was just messing with me. Mina thought, her heart was breaking everytime she thinks of the cub. She was trying not to think of her, but the cub won't ever leave her mind. "Don't worry, I am here." He said, assuring Mina. "Yeah, I know." She smiled. Oh how I wish that you could be whom I'm in love with Bam.

 

//

 

Grasping at her small wrist, the blonde girl had choked on her sobs as she whimpered her name. "Are you trying to break up with me Im Nayeon? Just because I said it first? Well, just so you know, that I will never let you do that." Jeongyeon said, sobbing, yet she didn't stutter, she wants  Nayeon to know how sincere she is. She swallowed the saliva from her almost dry mouth, biting on her bottom lip to stop it from trembling. Nayeon shook her head and turned to her, she gasped and wiped the tears that had been damped her cheeks. "You hurt me Jeong," Jeongyeon collapsed her arm around her waist and placed her head in the crook of her neck, wetting the fabric of her own hoodie that the older girl was wearing. Jeongyeon sobbed into her embrace and pulled her in tighter. "I'm sorry. Please don't leave me, Nabong." She winced when she pried her arms off and placed a slap onto her cheek. "S-Sorry? You could've just told me that you don't like me being childish nor stubborn, you say, we could've broken up before this." Nayeon stepped back, immediately regretting the slap that she gave her.

 

Jeongyeon placed a hand on the red area and rubbed gently to stop the skin  from throbbing in pain. She let the tears continue to fill the rim of her eyes and eventually slide down her cheeks. Nayeon felt the guilt of hitting her, her hand gently caressed her cheek as she stared sadly into her eyes. This person she loves, it hurt so much to even think of hurting her. Those light brown orbs that had been blurred by the salted tears she left. The ones that she fell in love with, were now just empty. Full of nothing, but regret. "I made a mistake..." Jeongyeon chocked, clutching onto the hem of the white hoodie. Not wanting to leave, Nayeon looked back down to the floor. She hugged Jeongyeon and let her arms engulfed her once again, before pulling away. Leaving the younger girl would not only make her miserable, but leave her empty also. What made her the better person if she was to let her suffer the pain she had caused her?

 

Tugging at Jeongyeon's shirt, Nayeon sobbed into her hug and gently sniffled. She repetitively hit her stomach, crying and falling to her knees as she caught her. "I love you being you, I love how childish and stubborn you are, I love how you make me fall in love everyday, I love how you do me good, I love everything you do, we do, I love you for who you are Im Nayeon, and I'm so sorry to hurt you with my words earlier, I was just so tired and mad at myself that I didn't give you enough of my time. I really am so sorry." Jeongyeon frowned, wiping the tears from Nayeon's cheeks, as she wiped her own. Seeing her bunny cry had made her shiver in guilt. Jeongyeon trembled when she remembered the words Nayeon spat out. We could've broken up. She whimpered at the thought of being without the bunny, being alone in the world as she left. Slowly, the girl began to weep louder. She choked on every breath her lungs could take and gently held her waist, resting her forehead onto hers. "I love you," She choked, bringing her lips to hers. 

 

Nayeon nodded and hung her arms around Jeongyeon's neck. Her tears dropped beneath them and soaked into the carpet as she sniffled. "I'm so sorry for being childish and stubborn too." Jeongyeon slowly pulled, "No, you don't have to apologize, I love you for who you are Nayeon, so don't say that." She embraced Nayeon again, and the latter smiled into the hug. "I love you Jeong." Jeongyeon hummed pulling her arms around her. Nayeon shut her eyes and let out a breath, her chest heaved up and down along with her painful cries. Jeongyeon brought her hand up to her face and wiped the tears away with the back of her hand. "Please stop crying." She begged, caressing her cheek. Nayeon sniffled and opened her eyes, staring at the crying blonde. "Stay with me, okay?" She nodded and smiled painfully and brought her lips to hers, guiding her head to Jeongyeon. 

 

//

 

The walk in the park was so tiring, yet satisfying for Mina, cause she had spent her Saturday with a smile on her face, which Bambam had planted. "Let's sit for a while before I send you back to your condo." They sat on a bench in front the fountain. It's getting dark, so the fountain now has a random light color. "Beautiful, right?" Bambam asked, as he was staring at the fountain. "Yes, it is." Mina agreed, smiling. "So did you enjoy our time?" He turned to her, amazed at how beautiful Mina's side profile is. "Your mole." He said, leaning towards Mina's face. (A/N this was the part Jihyo saw) "What are you doing?" Mina leaned back, shocked with what he was going to do. "I was just gonna touch your mole on your nose." Bambam defended, she sighed. I thought he's going to kiss me. My lips had already reserved for Chaeng. "Never do that again Bam." She warned, "What did I do?" He asked, playing innocent. "Leaning your face to mine." Bambam chuckled and smiled. "Okay, as you say so." He put her hands up, surrendering to Mina, they both giggled with each other. "What should I do now?" He asked playfully. "Shut your mouth." She smirked glancing at him. "Shut me up," He said, smirking staring at Mina, whose eyes fixed on the fountain. Mina's visage darkened. It's not because of Bambam, it's because of how playful he was, it reminds her of Chaeyoung. The way Bambam said those were just like how the cub answer her. Why do I have to think of you when I'm with someone. Mina turned her head, glaring at him. "Want my fist?" He shakes his head, not wanting it. 

 

"I was thinking of a name I can call you Mina," Bambam changed the atmosphere between them, it was like more serious than what they had minutes ago. "What?! No. Don't call me any names, I'm Myoui Mina, nothing more, nothing less." She counterattack, disagreeing what he was thinking. "Shall I call you baby girl?" He said, translating the last two words in English. "Kunpimook Bhuwakul! I said don't." Mina gritted her teeth, she doesn't know why she's blushing at this. "You're blushing, you like me Mina, don't you?" He asked playfully, but Mina's expression changed, her crimson red face earlier was back to normal. Bambam thought that he offended Mina, he never knew that she was thinking of a certain someone who annoys her with that 'you like me' thing on her. It was just hours ago that they had a fight, she doesn't know if she can call it a 'fight' it was like more than Chaeyoung hurt her feelings, than the actual word. "Is something wrong Mina?" He asked concernedly, "Nothing. I think we have to go home now Bam." He nodded obliging her words. They are walking, when the fireworks show started. Mina stopped walking, and he did. "Wait, let's watch." She said, staring at the sky, waiting for some sparks of fireworks to explode. "You love fireworks?" He asked, also looking up to the sky. She hummed, smiling. "You're like a firework," Mina snorted, "How come?" He shake his head as he vary to what she reacted. "Beautiful and sadly blooming, fly up to the highest place become a new light." At the end of this wandering, I hope you can laugh. Cause you're like a firework. Bambam bitterly smiled.

 

"Thank you." Mina glanced at him sincerely smiling. Bambam smiled as well, I'm glad you're happy. He thought to himself. They silently watched for about 5minutes. "Shall we walk now?" He asked, she took his arm then walked after him. Bambam caught up with her pace so they are walking side by side, with Mina on her left. A comfortable silence engulfed the two, Mina was never a good speaker after all, and Bambam was thinking of something before he sent Mina back home. "Can we eat dinner first?" He asked, hoping she will say yes. She checked her watch and pouted as she read 8:03 pm. "Mian, but unnies are waiting for me now." Bambam nodded, understanding the situation. "Hmm, how about we go grab lunch tomorrow?" She's not sure what to answer, but she owes Bambam for mending her broken heart even for just a simple hang out. "I'll text you if I'm free tomorrow." He grinned at that, "Now tell me who was that lucky person you are in love with." Mina was about to answer when someone called her name. "Minari!" They both turned their heads and saw the cub running towards them. My heart my soul! Mina screamed internally. "What are you doing with Bambam?" She asked, panting, the cub was on her way to the J-Line's unit to apologize to the penguin personally, but she never thought that Mina was having a date with their University's Thai rapper.

 

"He's sending me home," Mina looked at him for a rescue, "We were having date, why?" He said looking at Chaeng, Mina wanted to face palm of what just Bambam had said, but the look of the cub was more important for her right now, "Oh okay, nothing, so you going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter