DATING?

INSIEME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

When Baekhyun woke up today, he was anxious. He was scared and he knew, no matter who PCY might be, he would be surprised. But never in his wildest dreams had he thought that Chanyeol, the heartthrob of CU, his own silly little crush would be the one. Never... Well.... Oh no... Never.

And now, contemplating the current situation was a bit overwhelming.

 

"I am PCY, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun just stood stunned. Did he hear that correct? What? No way. But, how does Chanyeol know about PCY?... It doesn't make any.....

"Um, What?" Baekhyun voiced out, finally.

"I am PCY." Chanyeol stated in a simple tone.

"But how? Um, What?" Still shocked, Baekhyun was trying to voice out his thoughts.

Chanyeol let out a laugh. "Put the pieces together, Baekhyun. PCY - Park Chan Yeol?"

Baekhyun couldn't move. All of the things made sense, now The name, the voice... "Oh my God!" and suddenly, something clicked. "Wait, did you know I was BBH?"

Chanyeol let out an awkward laugh. "Yeah, pretty much."

"S-since when?" 

"Since the very start." He said, rubbing his nape. "I saw you in the Net Cafe near the Commerce department building. It was kind of an accident. But, yeah." Sensing the silence that was lingering mid air, he continued. " And I was impressed by your previous writings, so I thought I should ask you for collab. You told me you wanted your identity hidden so I didn't ask you to see me. I am sorry. I know you must be surprised."

"This.... This is surely a surprise." Baekhyun asked, voice coming out squeakier than he wanted to.

"Yeah, I know." Taking a look around, Chanyeol sensed the gazes on the them. "Should we go some place to sit and talk comfortably?"

Sensing the situation too, Baekhyun nodded.

"Let's go to the cafe near the Literature building."

"Wouldn't it be more crowded there?" Baekhyun arched a brow.

"I have connections. Let's go."

 

 

 

 

Walking beside Chanyeol on the deserted path of the campus, nobody around, was a bit eccentric. Couldn't they just sit there and talk? Nobody could be seen anywhere around. Well, there weren't any benches along the way and the leaves scattered on the ground probably wouldn't be much comfortable either. Anways, the taller had already asked Baekhyun to go with him and Baekhyun was still a bit overwhelmed to say anything in protest. 

So many questions!

Too much confusion!

Baekhyun wanted to stop the man beside him and ask all about it, holding a stern voice but he couldn't deny the fact that he was awestruck. Does this happen to all the people with their crush? He let out a sigh involuntarily.

Chanyeol looked at him with a confused face but before anything could be said or asked, they were at the backdoor of the cafe.

"Come on." Chanyeol said with a smile.

Following Chanyeol, Baekhyun entered in with quick steps.

They were in the kitchen area of the cafe, some workers busy going around. Chanyeol walked in front of him, smiling and waving at some guys till he stopped before someone and did something like a secret handshake? 

 

Are they in a cult or something? What's with the handshake? was Baekhyun's silly first thought which his dismissed pretty quickly.

Making a quick talk, Chanyeol turned around with a smile to a very confused Baekhyun and motioned him to follow.

They walked through a door from the kitchen to which looked like a gameroom? of some sort. A comfortable looking couch, a pool table and a large television with some game controls scattered around. A totally different vibe from the floral themed cafe at the front.

"Take a seat." Chanyeol asked with a kind looking smile to which Baekhyun wanted to oblige, didn't know why.

"My friends and I come here sometimes on weekends. The owner is my maternal uncle and a video game enthusiast. He made this for himself but we use it sometimes. We added the pool table last month." He said taking a seat beside Baekhyun, maintaining a bit of distance between them.

 

Silence. 

 

Baekhyun didn't know where to start. The waves of confusion were splashing over him and he was already too overwhelmed to begin with. Still, he had to start somewhere. But what should he ask first? 

Chanyeol seemed to sense the awkwardness of the situation and took it upon himself to start a conversation.

"Baekhyun, calm down. As I told you before, I had no ulterior motive for doing this. I just liked you previous work and whether or not had I seen you in the cafe, I would have eventually asked you to collaborate with me on a story." He stated in a kind but firm voice. He continued. "The cafe incident just accelerated the idea in my mind."

"How come?" Baekhyun asked, confused.

"Well, it just... did." Chanyeol thought it would be better to hold on to his confession a bit longer seeing how confused Baekhyun looked.

"And then, I saw you clearly at the interview for the Festival so I was sure you were a student at Calibers. but that was just a co-incidence, I swear."

"Why didn't you tell me then?"

"You didn't want anyone to know about this and I didn't know how you would react to the fact that I knew about you already."

"Huh." Baekhyun just let out a dry laugh and continued to stare at the weird, funny looking painting on the wall.

"Baekhyun?"

"What?" The voice came out a bit stiff than he expected it to be.

"You can say anything you want." Chanyeol said.

"Should I?" Baekhyun said in a sarcastic tone. "Well, okay then. Tell me. This-" he said, pointing a finger between them, " this, what is it? I mean, I talked to you for what, two months? Without even knowing who you were. I thought, you were a stranger living in a far-away land, someone just like me, someone simple. But no, you turned out to be the freaking heartthrob of the whole ing university." his voice raised at the last part.

"I didn't want to be anything like that, okay? I don't make titles here." Chanyeol said in a softer but stern voice.

"Oh, yeah? But you know you are. I thought you were someone unknown to me. How can I react when my own crush comes to me tells, "Hey, I am the one you have been sharing your secrets with for the last two ing months." And to top it all, you look so calm about all of this like it doesn't even-" TING.

An alarm went inside Baekhyun's head. The totally widened out almond eyes of the senior were enough to make him realise what he just said. Did he just confess to Chanyeol about his feelings? His right hand went straight to his mouth, slapping it shut.

 

Thump Thump Thump.

Chanyeol couldn't believe what he just heard. A crush. He was his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter