CLOSER

INSIEME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The whole atmosphere around the campus changed for Baekhyun. Just a day before, he woke up with an anticipation of seeing an unknown guy who had become like a virtual best friend to him. Instead, he got the biggest surprise ever of his life. He never ever had thought that Chanyeol liked him. Well, in that way.  He hadn't stopped blushing since the time he came out of the "game room".

When he and Chanyeol talked on the phone yesterday, none of them wanted to hang up. The conversation was usual. They had decided to let SIP publish their story and the pay was divided equally, a really good amount. Other topics were weirdly comforting. Didn't know if it was the talk or the voices that comforted them. It ould be something cute for a minute and something completely ridiculous the next. Chanyeol was not shy in expressing how he felt about Baekhyun. The junior found himself flustered and stunned every single time. He would throw out the most cheesy lines to make Baekhyun blush and transform into a red mess.

"You are really really cute."

" You know what? You are beautiful."

"I want to hug you right now."

"Can't wait to see you again."

"You are really really really really pretty."

And the last one made Baekhyun's face into an actual red tomato and his heart pounding in his chest.

"Can I come and kiss you right now? I miss you so much."

 

That Cheesy Bastard. He knew how to trigger Baekhyun's fluster. The taller used to laugh out loud whenever Baekhyun seemed to be lost at words or stutter the next words after one of his cheesy lines. To top it all, the lines in a squeaky, whiny voice were proving to be fatal. How could this cool and calm exterior of a person be so sappy and mushy on the inside? 

Baekhyun was enraged. At one point, the taller seemed to be actually teasing him for his flusterness. That's when Baekhyun decided to throw out his cuteness bomb. It proved to be an all kill.

"Will you come to me right now, baby? I miss you so much too."

"R-really?" The taller stuttered instantly.

"Hah, gotcha."

"What?"

"How does it feel now? Caught you in your own trap, mister."

And then they both laughed out loud. So much so that Jongin and Sehun peeked through the balcony door to see what was happening. That's how perfect they were for each other. It didn't seem like the first day of them dating. It was completely natural. A poetic effect, if you must say.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun woke up an hour ago to the sound of A thousand years by Christina Perri. Jongdae put on the song which reverberated in the whole room through the new 'extra bass' speakers that he bought recently. The song sounded perfect for the cloudy morning, the sun just peeking through, every once in a while. It was pleasant and Baekhyun couldn't stop smiling. He received a "Good morning, babe." text from Chanyeol and the next 15 minutes were passed rereading the text over and over again with a skip in his heartbeat, everytime.

Jongdae's playlist for today was totally different from what he used to play. The usual stack would include hard rock and metal tunes and sometimes even just ty ultrasonic sounding stuff. But today, all of them were cheesy love songs by emotional, overly sappy singers who portrayed their lovers in the mushiest way possible. Was he teasing Baekhyun? Well, yes but Baekhyun was okay with it. More than happy, actually. The songs described his mood perfectly.

At one point, they all started jamming to Taylor Swift's 'Love Story', Jongdae strumming the makeshift towel guitar, Kyungsoo on the bed drumset and Baekhyun with the remote controller microphone. Who would even believe that this was a dorm room of  two 20 and a 21 year old boys?

"Hey, lovesick puppy." Kyungsoo called out. "Class is in 30 minutes. Hurry up, will you?"

"Yeah." The said 'lovesick puppy' treaded towards the bathroom with a skip in his step.

 

 

 

 

 

It was half past 3 when Baekhyun and Kyungsoo entered the library for their daily study sessions. Both parted ways to find their respective books in their department isles. There weren't many people around as many students liked to come at late night hours. Baekhyun preferred the afternoon time. Less people around meant a silent, undistracted hour which was precious.  

Chanyeol had texted him about half an hour ago and they had decided to meet near the old hall after the senior's classes were over. Baekhyun still had an hour or so till then and so, what's better than to utilize the time for study. Okay, actually, he wanted more time at night to talk to Chanyeol freely. So, it was better to complete his  daily work as much as he could before that.

Kyungsoo was already deeply invested in looking up the info for his next assignment on his laptop when Baekhyun came with his stuff. Fifteen minutes passed and the first book he brought to their usual table was not proving to be very helpful. It was all the basic knowledge of the subject that Baekhyun already knew. He got up to get another book, taking a right from the Music Department composition isle in an attempt to find a more suitable book for himself.

As he was walking towards the second lane, he was pulled back by his arm, rather gently and pinned to the shelf by a stupidly grinning tall and handsome young man. Chanyeol trapped him with one arm around his waist and the other beside his shoulder, on the shelf wood. Baekhyun was about to scream and give the intruder and uppercut, a rather strong one, which could send him flying across the room (he was dramatic like that) but the look on Chanyeol's face made him stay as it is. Chanyeol looked at him with eyes full of affection, making Baekhyun's heart full of fluff and confusion.

"What are you doing here?" Baekhyun asked in a hush voice, afraid to let anyone know they were there.

"I came to see you." Chanyeol said, the grin still on his face. A grin that confused Baekhyun even more.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Do you have to be so dramatic? You can just come and say hi to me like a normal person."

"It wouldn't be memorable then." Chanyeol said.

"Huh?"

Chanyeol came close. Very close. He whispered. "I want to make every moment memorable with you." which sent chills down the smaller's spine. This was getting too seductive. Baekhyun's heart was racing too fast on the statement. This giant would be the death of me.  He mildly pushed Chanyeol back, not enough to make the senior move back much further, just enough to be able to see his face.

"You make really sappy comments, you know that?" Baekhyun said, looking right in his eyes, hands clutiching Chanyeol's shirt. Chanyeol just shrugged, non-chalantly grinning as if he didn't know they could be caught any second.

"I didn't know the oh-so-calm Park Chanyeol would be so cheesy inside." Baekhyun said, hitting him in the chest.

"Only with you, baby." Chanyeol said with a smirk. His eyes grew darker at the statement. He just stared at Baekhyun, unnerved.

"Aaaaaaahhhhhh." Baekhyun whined. "Stop it."

Chanyeol let out a laugh and cooed at the cuteness of his boyfriend. He came closer, now more than ever, minty breath ghosting over Baekhyun's face, foreheads touching and a small smile. Baekhyun's heart was racing from the thought of what was going to happen next. And it happened.

Chanyeol's lips were on Baekhyun's, merely touching, as if asking for a permission to press further. Baekhyun wanted to pull in the senior, maybe for more than a touch of lips, but the risk was too high. Anyone could see them in the wide premises, though they were hidden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter