THE SPRING FESTIVAL

INSIEME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was a clear day. Sun shining, birds chirping, cool breeze flowing and all that. All in all, a perfect day for The Spring Festival. The weather overall was really nice, but the weather in the campus was a total chaos. Volunteers were running around setting up stuff and the team leaders were instructing the committee heads for their remaining details.

Baekhyun had a short panic attack at dawn when he woke up to the realisation that today was THE DAY. He didn't have any distress related to his leadership duties. No sir. He was panicked about the Talent Show. He had performed before on stage, but everytime it seemed like he was doing it for the first time. Kyungsoo and Jongdae had tried to reduce his stress by feeding him the chocolate truffle cake, Baekhyun's ultimate happy place food.

 

 

Chanyeol had woken up happy, knowing that today would be the day when he could actually see Baekhyun sing live on stage. 

Now, here's a thing about Chanyeol. No matter how happy or giddy he was inside, he would never show an extreme reaction to anyone. He would always remain calm with words, calculating before speaking. 

Jongin and Sehun had asked him again and again numerous times for the past month about BBH, but he never revealed it. 

 

 

 

There was hardly any work left for him to do on the festival, thanks to Baekhyun. The smaller had handled the work pretty well. All that left to do was just to review the work and send it to the official website of the university. 

The co-authored story had only two more chapters left on each part. The next chapter had expected some sorrows and pain because the plot demanded it. Chanyeol knew he would have a tough time expressing deep emotions that could touch the reader's heart though he had done it a lot of times before. This time was different. This time, the story had a special connection with him. This time he wanted his writings to touch the heart of a special someone. And that's why, he had been spending more time making it perfect.

 

 

 

When it was time for the inaugration of the festival, Baekhyun was fully dressed in a formal attire, to represent his department.

The whole western campus was decorated in almost every color that existed in the world. The giant entrance had every kind of flora garnishing the gate. The law department had set up a food corner along with the culinery arts department where they were giving a helping hand to serve the food. The fine arts department had set up a 'pay and portrait' corner, the business department had set up various pay and play games. And lastly, the music department had set up the talent contest, the main attraction, which would be started in the evening. Everybody seemed to enjoy the festival, hustle and bustle everyhwere.

The day was going perfectly fine but Baekhyun's heart rate was going up every passing hour.

 

 

It was almost evening now and the various floral lights were lit all over the place. The talent show was going to start at 6. Though there was still some time left, people had started gathering around the talent show setup, taking the best seats they believed would be. The front row was reserved for the seniors of Music department ( last year's volunteers) and the judges.

Baekhyun was running around giving instructions and all seemed to come together perfectly but this was causing a certain someone a bit irritation.

A new rumor was flowing around in the campus where someone had posted a game on website where it could be calculated which two people were more compatible as a couple and as some curiuos minds had decided to test it, Baekhyun and Chanyeol had a staggering 98% compatibility making this a hot topic around the campus, once again.

Ashley was fuming and almost threw her laptop away while looking at the 29% compatibility between her and Chanyeol.

She was beginning to despice Baekhyun even more now. But no matter how many times she tried, she always lost to Baekhyun in almost everything. He was a star in everyone's eyes, he was dedicated, made people work for him with diligence and never seemed to get tired.

 

 

 

The day of the talent show was her last chance to make it worse for him. The judges were seated and the host was doing his job perfectly. Everybody seemed to enjoy the various acts of various departments, each department cheering for their own.

Baekhyun still had about 30 minutes left before his performance when he passed his worklist and the instruction sheet to Fred and walked back towards one of the dressing rooms.

On the way, he heard Ashley calling for him.

"Baekhyun." She said, a smile on her face, "Um, I need your phone. I need to call the light operater for the next performance. My battery just died and you have his number, right?"

"Um, yeah, sure. Here." He took out his cellphone and handed it over to Ashley. He turned back to enter his assigned dressing room.

"Wait." He heard Ashley say again. "Your dressing room has just been changed to room no. 9 at the end of the corridor. Fred told me to tell you. "

Baekhyun was perplexed. How come no one told him about this. But he didn't have much time to think, he had to get ready. "Okay." He said and walked towards the said room. Ashley followed him with silent steps and hid behind a pillar across the room, an evil smirk playing on her lips.

Once inside, he entered the washroom to get freshen up. 

Ashley took the chance and closed the door, locking it from the outside and went away giggling.

 

Baekhyun came into the room and he had T-20 minutes exactly till his performance. He started getting dressed up and did his hair and blemish here and there for the next 15 minutes. He was a bit confused as to why Jongdae and Kyungsoo didn't arrive to meet him and wish him luck and he kept glancing at the door every now and then, waiting for a knock which never came. 

Exactly five minutes till his turn and he got up, satisfied with his look. One glance at his watch and he walked towards the door. He gave it a sight push but the door didn't budge. He tried a bit harder, again, no movement. He turned the knob again and again, pushing the door harder but to no avail. It was only 4 minutes till the performnce and he was sure he was locked inside.

He started knocking the door, hitting it again and again, calling for help.

 

Chanyeol was sitting in the front row, watching the show, when his phone starting to ring, indicating a call from his mom.

To get away from the noise, currently made by the 'motorbike band', a bunch of bikers trying to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter