YOU MAKE ME HAPPY

INSIEME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I also posted a chapter on wednesday. Check it out first if you haven't seen it.

------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

The atmosphere in the dorm room was eerie. Baekhyun was standing beside his bed, one hand rubbing his temples and the other currently clutching the wrecked mass of a once intact cellphone, glaring over the two scared and nervous floor seated criminals, eyes full of anger that would burst out any second now. The reason?

 

 

Baekhyun was getting teased for the last two hours. Both his roommates made dirty kissing noises, sometimes even performing a simulation to enrage Baekhyun. One such Simulation went too far when an accidental push made the glass of water that sat on his table tumble, completely soaking his phone and his homework, a small spark appearing from the device and then the screen went black. The various colored markers on his notes now made it into an abstract painting of some sort, mixed with the rectangular diagrams of instruments.

 

Besides apologizing profusely for the mistake, both his friends decided to take it into their hands, the repairing of the cellphone which without a doubt became a much bigger mess than it was before.

"Why would you try to repair it? It's not like any of you are into the mechanics department." Baekhyun roared.

"We are really sorry, Baek. We'll replace it, for sure." Kyungsoo stuttered. Baekhyun hardly ever got angry but when he did, it was like the sweet and innocent angel turned into a horrific, blood demon. And now, he was about to become into one and why not? The phone was a gift from his mother, a present for entering into the University.

 

The telephone for the dorm room rang for Baekhyun, one that was usually kept in each dorm room for any kind of emergency or whenever the warden had to inform them something. Jongdae and Kyungsoo both knew it was for him and also, who was it from. It was easy to find out the dorm room phone numbers and naturally, this was the case now, too. Both of them heaved a sigh of relief. At least, Baekhyun wouldn't cut their throats for the next 10 minutes.

He put the cell phone down and walked away, anger still lingering in his eyes.

"Hello?" He said, voice cold.

"Baekhyun?" It was Chanyeol. Baekhyun rubbed his nape in frustration. He couldn't even talk to Chanyeol now, standing in the corner of the room beside the telephone stand and the time limit being only 10 minutes.

"Yeah." He answered, still cold.

"You okay? What's up? Why can't I reach your cellphone?" Chanyeol was concerned. Baekhyun was aware of it and his anger was already subsiding after hearing his boyfriend's deep and comforting voice. But another thought angered him more. Now, he couldn't talk to Chanyeol or text him atleast until he buys a new one.

A long sigh escaped Baekhyun's mouth. "Long story short, my phone was just murdered by my roommates by first drowning it and then literally ripping it apart again." He stated, frustration in his voice, eyeing the silent roommates, fiddling with the panda bears in their hands they held up as a sheild.

"Oh." Chanyeol's voice had an understanding hum. "So, we can't talk much tonight?" His voice was now laced with a whine and pout.

"The limit for a call here is only ten minutes. I am sorry." Baekhyun said, sadness seeping into his words.

"Its okay. Are you angry?" Chanyeol asked.

Baekhyun hummed, now sliding down against the wall, the wire of the receiver stretching down with him.

"Are you sad?"

"Yes." Baekhyun sighed.

"Well, I can call hermione and tell her to use 'oculus repairo' on your phone. I am good friends with her." A smile apperared on Baekhyun's face. His boyfriend was trying to cheer him up by his lame harry potter jokes that were always a usual whenever they used to text before and now too. 

 

It had been a week since they started dating. Usual strolls in the secret pathway Chanyeol had shown him, library dates as an excuse for study which sometimes, just sometimes ended in a slightly elaborate makeout session. They couldn't visit each other's dorm rooms as people would suspect and it wasn't the time for people to know just yet. They hadn't been able to go out for any actual dates as it was that time of the year when the Uni Professors have an extreme urge to ladden the students with various useless assignments on the name of internals.

So, their calls and facetimes were most important for those days when they couldn't get out of their schedules. But now, that wouldn't be an option too. All thanks to the two stupid best friends of his.

"Right. I don't think I need that, though." Baekhyun teased too.

"Yeah, right. You are way more intelligent and beautiful than her, anyway." A blush crept on Baekhyun's face on the impromptu compliment by the taller. "Also, you are a much stronger wizard. You already put a spell on me." Chanyeol chuckled.

Baekhyun's blush made his cheeks rosy and his ears too. "Seriously, are you throwing in one of your cheesy lines, again?" Baekhyun said, rolling his eyes, unable to hide his smile through his voice.

"But you are blushing. So, I succeed." Chanyeol said, laughing out loud now.

Baekhyun stayed silent for a bit, eventually bursting out into a laughter, too. A beep indicated the last minute of their call and both of them deflated.

"Thanks, Chanyeol. For comforting me." Baekhyun said, eyes a bit watery. No, it was not just because he couldn't talk to the taller, but also because he destroyed his mother's gift and her smiling face came before her eyes. Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter