THE REVEAL

INSIEME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am so sorry I have been MIA for the last two months. No excuses... Just... Life happened.

Here's the next chapter... I hope you are all still interested in the story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

The entire 15 minutes Baekhyun sat in the cafeteria, he had every eye on him. It was suffocating. The people around were continuously murmuring, shamelessly pointing fingers at him while looking at their cellphone screens. The food before him tasted bland, all his appetite lost in a second after what he saw on the college website.

It was a picture of two people sitting on a makeshift brick bench identical to his and Chanyeol's spot. Only Chanyeol's face was blurred and Baekhyun's back could be clearly seen, resting his head on the other's shoulder.  His outfit was the same and people in the cafeteria must've instantly identified atleast one from the pair. 

Jongdae and Kyungsoo ate the food at a lightning speed and the trio quickly left the place in order to avoid the judgmental eyes soon to find out there was no escape. It looked like the whole campus had seen the picture. Baekhyun felt nauseated. They made a beeline towards the dorms and finally heaved a long held breath after making sure the door was closed.

"What the is this?" Jongdae bursted out.

Baekhyun was stunned already and couldn't make out much words, so he just threw himself on his bed and stared the white ceiling, hands stretched. What was he thinking? Well, it had to come out sooner or later considering how they had been careless these days. He was so happy just an hour ago. Calm and silent and warm in his boyfriend's embrace. It would be a chaos from now on. Baekhyun didn't mind people knowing but it was too soon. They still had to get to properly know each other. Anyway, the real question was,  what about Chanyeol? Would he be happy to know this?

"I don't get one thing though." His thoughts were cut off by Kyungsoo who was inspecting the picture on his cellphone. "Why is Chanyeol's face blurred?"

It was surely weird. Why would the person blur only Chanyeol's face? It was the news that could crash the college website in minutes for it was The Park Chanyeol dating somebody for the first time since he came to the University. Something was off and it seemed like the uploader only wanted to rat out Baekhyun and keep Chanyeol safe.

"It surely is weird." Jongdae voiced out the exact same thoughts. "The uploader didn't want Chanyeol to be seen." He held the picture up again and zoomed in. "They blemished him totally, to the point where you can't even make out what exactly he was wearing, just the colors."

"I have an idea." Kyungsoo said. "Why don't I call Luhan and ask him to see who exactly uploaded the picture?"

"The cute guy from the Cyber Crime studies?"

"Yeah. I can call him right now." Kyungsoo said excitedly and even began calling the said person.

 

Baekhyun spaced out once his two friends playing Sherlock Holmes with the picture. So fascinating, wasn't it? Seeing their friend being scandalized infront of the whole college. But that wasn't what was important right now. The point was, someone knew and didn't say anything on purpose.

Baekhyun was getting anxious. He wanted to call Chanyeol so bad but the taller would be in his class for the next hour and since it was a composition class, his cellphone would be off. That meant, his boyfriend didn't even know about the pictures. He had to talk to Chanyeol about this and fast!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol was just getting out of his class when his phone started ringing indicating a call from his mother. She had went on yet another trip with her friends, this time to Alaska for God knows what reason but she sounded so happy about it over the phone that Chanyeol didn't have a heart to say anything. The call indicated that she was back and that meant, souvenirs. His mother always had something fun bought for him. He wasn't the child anymore to be so giddy over the obnoxious gifts but his mother always had something completely out of the box planned for him. He immediately picked up the phone.

His smile faltered when his mother coughed thrice already during their talk and that concerned Chanyeol. "It's just a cold and I'll be fine tomorrow after rest." She had said. Chanyeol wasn't fully convinced but he didn't want to sound too alarmed so he just asked her if he could visit her today to get his souvenirs and secretly check on her simultaneously. Which mother would deny it? Their home was in the same city, just about a couple of hours ride as the University was in the outskirts.

 

Chanyeol didn't have much time to loose if he wanted to catch the train leaving in about an hour so he just rushed towards his room and packed a light luggage, just some nightly change of clothes and something to wear on the ride back to the campus. He wrote a small note for his roommates and called Baekhyun.

"Chanyeol?"

"Hey, babe. Listen, I am really in a hurry. My mom just called and she sounded a bit sick so I am going to visit her today. Ah, don't worry I'll be back tomorrow."

"Oh-okay"

"I'll call you tonight, okay? I'll miss you, bye."

"Take care and have a safe journey. I'll miss you too."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter