Fire and Ice

The Month Before Yuletide

It was a silent winter morning in one household. Four girls were sleeping in pairs in two beds, at peace due to the ecstatic dreams of the season. But like any person who had regenerated to do the works of another day, it was typical even in the holidays.

And Yeoreum did just that as she woke up first, getting a glimpse of the snow outside. Luda was still snoring beside her so Yeoreum woke her up. “Unnie, unnie. It’s morning.”

Luda yawned and sat up quickly, with Yeoreum messing her cheeks. And as soon she saw the view outside, she was as excited as her dongsaeng.

“Let’s wake up Dawon-unnie and Yeunjung. Let’s play on the snow today.” Yeoreum suggested.

“Great idea. Although it might take time to wake those lovebirds up,” said Luda.

Yeoreum shrugged that thought and went down. Luda followed her as they saw Dawon and Yeunjung still asleep, cuddling. Dawon was shivering a bit but Yeunjung kept her warm with her hug.

“So sweet~” Yeoreum cooed.

“So sweet you’d get diabetes.” Luda addressed.

The two exchanged glances and pounced on top of the couple, telling them to wake up.

“Uhhnn…why so early? We don’t have a schedule…” Dawon yawned.

“It’s winter. And Sungso will be home tomorrow evening, not today.” Yeunjung yawned too.

Yeoreum and Luda didn’t say anything but joined in the cuddle party. The lovebirds sighed and cuddled them back like they were their precious children. But then, Yeoreum grabbed a pillow and slapped Luda on the face. Luda gor another and did the same. The lovebirds got up because of it and joined, having a little pillow fight.

"Alright...we're up, we're up." Yeunjung spoke.

They all stopped. Yeoreum got a glimpse of the window and wowed.

"It's snowing." She grinned.

Luda got up to watch the view with Yeoreum as Yeunjung and Dawon yawned again, greeting each other through hugs and kisses and joined Luda and Yeoreum to look outside.

"Unnie, let's go play in the snow~" Yeoreum spoke.

"Good idea." Yeunjung agreed.

"I'll get the sled." Luda spoke and went to the closet.

"Alright. We'll go outside." Dawon nodded. "But let's have breakfast first."

+++

After breakfast, the four made fun of themselves in the mirror and brushed their teeths. Dawon and Yeunjung were the sweetest, doing the same and gazing at each other cutely. They even spared the time to finish and shared a kiss.

"Aigoo...come on, you lovebirds. Let's go." Luda spoke.

Yeunjung and Dawon nodded and helped each other in putting their winter clothes. The four got outside the home and wowed of the snow. Dawon would shiver despite of the triple jackets she wore but Yeunjung was by her side and got her warm. Luda and Yeoreum went ahead and ran around like little kids as they played.

Dawon and Yeunjung were by the back, walking hand in hand in the snow. They talked a lot of the season up ahead, especially that Sungso will celebrate with them soon. 

"Ooooh~~ snow~" Yeunjung saw a large heap of snow and went there.

Dawon could only watch her precious Yeunjung having fun as the little kid she was. Yeunjung made snowballs and threw one at Dawon, making the older girl snap back to her admiration towards Yeunjung.

"Hahahaha... what are you doing?" Yeunjung grinned. "Join me."

Dawon smirked and formed her own snowball and threw it back at Yeunjung. The two exchanged throwing snowballs when Dawon ran towards Yeunjung and tackled her, sending them rolling on the snow, laughing at each other.

*click*

Yeunjung and Dawon got up lightly as Yeoreum got the camera and a picture of the two. 

"Come on, you two. Let's go and play with the sled." Yeoreum said.

Yeunjung and Dawon followed Yeoreum as they got up a steep hill. Luda was already at the top with the sled ready. Yeoreum decided to go first as Luda held the camera and got the sled positioned.

"Ready?" Luda asked.

"Yeah!" Yeoreum cheered.

The sled slid down with Yeoreum riding it and she was having fun. Yeunjung and Dawon wowed wheb a ding made its way to Yeunjung's brain.

Yeoreum went up with the sled and was cheering. "Okay. Who's next?"

Luda raised her hand and gof on the sled, with Yeoreum getting the camera. Luda slid quickly and the three gasped. Yeunjung grinned and grabbed Dawon, facing her.

"Yeunjung, what are you doing?" Dawon asked.

"Catching uo to the sled." Yeunjung held her close. "And you're joining me."

Dawon and Yeunjung rolled down the hill and caught up to Luda. Yeoreum thought it looked fun and joined in. The four ended up stopping on the valley and laughed their heart out.

"You meanie." Dawon laughed and threw at snowball at Yeunjung. "Thank God we're all in one piece and that I love you."

Yeunjung chuckled and joined in the fun. Luda and Yeoreum got up and threw more snowballs at them, the four ending up having a snowball fight and having a wonderful time.

+++

Yeunjung and Dawon were making fun of each other as Luda prepared lunch. Yeoreum got inside with a letter and everyone wondered.

"Guys, it's from Sungso-unnie." Yeoreum said.

Everyone gathered around as Yeoreum opened the letter. They all read and cheers were heard from them.

"She's coming tonight~!!" Yeoreum cheered.

"Okay. We'll be preparing more food than expected." Luda said. "You lovebirds think of planning for dinner?"

Yeunjung and Dawon grinned at each other and nodded. "Sure. Leave that to us."

+++

During the course of the day, the four of them fixed the house and decorated. Yeunjung and Dawon led them on how the house will look, even the food that they needed to cook. 

Evening came and they got to wear their Christmas jackets. Yeunjung and Dawon got the table set and called Yeoreum and Luda so that they'd eat. 

A knock was on the door and Dawon went to get it. Yeunjung always wanted to follow her girlfriend and they both greeted someone by the door.

"Dawon-unnie, Yeunjung!" It was Sungso.

Yeoreum and Luda got towards them and hugged each other. Then, they all got in and ate dinner.

Yeunjung was seeing such a wonderful sight, almost like family. Sungso was eating well, Yeoreum was feeding some bread to Luda and she ate. 

"Hey, babe." Dawon shoved a piece of bread on . "You've bee staring to space. You okay?"

Yeunjung nodded and ate. The rest would coo of the couple when Luda went to get the camera and the tripod. 

"Since it's a wonderful season, let's have a family picture." Luda said and sets the timer.

Luda ran to her spot and the camera flashed and they all smiled.

"We should have a picture of the couple here?" Sungso cooed.

Yeunjung nodded and Dawon chuckled. Luda grabbed the both of them and lets them sit on the couch. Dawon and Yeunjung grinned at each other.

"Some Christmas we have, huh?" Dawon asked.

"Yeah." Yeunjung said. "And I love you for that."

"I love you too." Dawon replied.

"Okay. Thats sweet. Now pose for the camera." Luda said.

Yeunjung and Dawon readied their smiles. For them, it was the best time of the season with family and with each other.

"Okay...1...2...3..."

*click*