My Time With You

The Month Before Yuletide

The Winter Formal was like homecoming during the winter season, mostly occurring at a day before the end of the preliminary period, right before the Christmas break. It was a custom in high schools in which the feminine student would invite the desired masculine partner to the dance.

For Eunseo, being asked out by Sungso was a miracle in store for the holidays.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" Eunseo asked to make sure.

"Please, baby?" Sungso pouted. "Be my date for the Winter Formal."

Yep. Eunseo wasn't hearing things and it made her grin. "Yes! Yes!"

Sungso inched to kiss Eunseo and some classmates who happened to pass by cooed at a couple matched by heaven.

"Looking good, Eunseo~" Sungyeon did a thumbs up.

"Hehe...I know." Eunseo joined in.

"Did Yewon ask you out, Sungyeon?" Sungso asked.

"No. She usually doesn't like school events. I think we'll be spending the time at her house and watch Netflix."

"Sungyeonnie~~" A ball of sunshine went by the hallways as everything felt happy with step after step.

Eunseo and Sungso found her so cute. Sungyeon ogled, her eyes forming cute hearts as she looked at Yewon moving closer.

"Ohohoho~ someone's in love, even your eyes are forming hearts!" Eunseo grinned. 

"They're allergies." Sungyeon mumbled as Yewon was face to face with her.

"Hi, baby." Yewon grinned and handed a bar of chocolate to Sungyeon.

"Aigoo, thank you..." Sungyeon smiled.

"Sungyeon-ah. Please be my date for the Winter Formal." 

Sungso and Eunseo cheered as they left. Sungyeon rubbed her ears lightly and clarified what Yewon said. "For real?"

"Ne!" Yewon nodded.

"I won't force you if you don't want to, Yewon-ah. You don't usually like school events, especially the Winter Formal." Sungyeon said.

"I know, especially during middle school. But now we're in high school, I want to try. It would be our first time...and I want it to be special." Yewon said. "Please, Sungyeon-ah~"

Sungyeon hugged Yewon closer and pecked her forehead. "How could I say no to my girl? Of course, I'll be your partner!"

Yewon and Sungyeon shared a chaste kiss as the bell rang. The two broke and held hands before going back to their classes together.

+++

Eunseo got home and was greeted by her mother Seola. Eunseo shared all the things she had done in school, especially the moment when Sungso asked her to the Winter Formal. Seola got giddy and went to hug her daughter.

"That's wonderful, honey." Seola smiled. "When is that?"

"Next week." Eunseo said.

"I'll come with you. We'll get you a wonderful tux." Seola smiled.

"Huh?" Another person arrived. "What tux?"

"Hey, Dad!" Eunseo smiled.

Exy arrived and Seola went to hug her wife tight. Exy pecked her forehead as Eunseo got closer too. Exy hugged her.

"Dad, can we talk about something?" Eunseo asked.

"Yes, of course. Whatever you need, Eunseo." Exy answered.

"Aigoo, my big 'boys' have been busy. I'll heat up the chicken and rice so that we can have dinner." Seola said as she went to the kitchen.

+++

Yewon cheered as she got home. Yewon got inside and went to look for her Mom. She went towards the kitchen and a tall woman was preparing dinner.

"Eomma." She smiled.

Minkyung looked up and went to hug her daughter. Yewon hugged back and squealed lightly.

"Aigoo, my baby's more cheerful than usual. What's the ocassion?" Minkyung asked.

"Eomma. Remember what I told you yesterday?" Yewon asked.

It somehow made Minkyung excited as they sat on their respective seats and Minkyung asked. "So...how did it go?"

"She said yes!!" Yewon squealed. "Sungyeon said yes, Eomma!"

Minkyung joined with her daughter in squealing. They hugged each other like little girls when they're moment had to be stopped because the big boss arrived.

"What's the ocassion?" A brunette asked.

"Appa Kyung~" Yewon went to hug her Dad.

Kyungwon hugged her precious daughter back. Minkyung got closer and they shared their kiss. 

"What's with the squealing?" Kyungwon asked.

"Something big happened, Appa." Yewon said as she jumped excitedly.

"Our daughter will share it during dinner. Come on. Let's eat." Minkyung said.

The three got to their seats. Yewon said grace and they dig in.

+++

Eunseo shared what happened during their dinner and Seola was the excited parent, clapping lightly and babbling about what tux Eunseo would wear. Exy? She was almost shocked and worried. Eunseo and Seola noticed that and they wondered.

"Honey? Is something wrong?" Seola asked.

"There's none. It's just...wow..." Exy spoke. "Our little boy is growing up."

"Please, Dad~ can I go?" Eunseo asked.

Exy could almost drop her spoon. Exy looked at Eunseo intently. "I could...but we need to settle some ground rules."

"What?" Eunseo was shocked.

"Chu Sojung." Seola became dim. "It's the Winter Formal. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for our Eunseo to interact with friends and have a dance with Sungso."

"I know. We had that before and you asked me out." Exy said.

"Really, Dad? What's it like?" Eunseo asked.

"Well, it was almost boring. What made it that was the procession. And because we were many in our batch, it took so long." Exy said.

"But there's the delicious food and a live band, Eunseo-ya. It's fun. And the dance would be the most memorable event of them all." Seola said. "That was a wonderful moment. Your Dad and I were face to face, foreheads against each other due to a centimeter height gap."

"How tall is Sungso?" Exy asked.

"Five six." Eunseo asked. "Almost the same with me but I'm a centimeter taller."

"Okay." Exy nodded and ate again.

"Please Dad, can I go?" Eunseo pleaded.

"Aigoo, you're Dad is in worry mode again." Seola sighed.

"Just like in middle school." Eunseo pouted.

"What?" Exy asked. "I'm just concerned for our Juyeon, Hyunjung."

"Not again. Come on, Sojung. It's high school. Juyeon needs to have fun." Seola defended.

Eunseo sighed of her Appa's worry. She sighed and decided to eat again.

+++

Almost the same predicament happened at the Kang residence. The difference is that Kyungwon was more triggered. Minkyung sighed.

"Appa?" Yewon pouted. "Am I not coming?"

"Yewon-ah. You usually don't like doing school activities. Why the change?" Kyungwon asked.

"I want to try, Appa. I want to join in the Winter Formal. Please, Appa? I already asked Sungyeon out." Yewon pouted.

The cuteness killed Minkyung in seconds that she wanted to let Yewon join. For Kyungwon, she wasn't convinced. "It can happen in another reception hall and not in school. And it's an evening too. What about safety precautions?"

"Kyungwon, it's a school event. Of course they'll be safe. We had that before, remember? We even won King and Queen of the Night."

"Wow~" Yewon was impressed.

Minkyung shared that wonderful moment with their daughter. Kyungwon always wanted her way as she averted Yewon to a different thinking. Yewon would whine of it and Minkyung would pinch Kyungwon's ear for being a sourpuss.

"Owww..." Kyungwon hissed.

"She's going. And that's final." Minkyung decided for all of them.

Yewon was happy Minkyung agreed. But then, she also wanted her Appa's approval. She ate her meal silently and quickly before going up her room. Kyungwon noticed that her daughter was a little disappointed.

"Was I...?" Kyungwon asked.

"Yeah, you were." Minkyung sighed. "You mean well but it's about time we let our Sun grow up."

+++

Eunseo had another morning in school but her face was a little bitter. She got to her seat and sighed, slumping her head on her desk. She looked to see Yewon do the same, which was gery unusual considering that Yewon was always happy and the one who brought cheer around the room.

"Yewon." Eunseo called, lucky since they were seatmates. "You look down."

"Ne." Yewon nodded. "Eomma said yes but my Appa won't."

"Is that about the upcoming Winter Formal?" Eunseo asked and Yewon nodded. "Same. Appa thought it would cost much for a tux."

"But what about Sungso? She was dying to go with you." Yewon spoke.

Eunseo was ed up. Although she got her approval from Seola, there was still Exy. And Exy was just the overprotective Dad so Eunseo couldn't get the approval right away.

But the Winter Formal was only three days from now. How can she take back what she said to Sungso?

"What about Sungyeon?" Eunseo asked.

"I talked to her about it during the weekends and she said it was fine either way..." Yewon said. "...but I feel guilty. I want to go to the dance with her."

"I want to go with Sungso too." Eunseo sighed.

Sungyeon arrived and noticed her baby so down. She sighed and went to comfort her as Eunseo felt a body by her shoulder.

"Baby, are you okay?" Sungso asked. "Why are you so down?"

Eunseo couldn't change her mind. She jolted and plastered a smile. "Aigoo, it's nothing. I got tired but seeing you made me regain my energy."

Sungso blushed and giggled as Yewon and Sungyeon cooed. Sungso got to her seat by Eunseo's right and hugged the girl again.

"Are you excited for the Winter Formal?" Sungso asked the three.

Eunseo could nod as Yewon told Sungso that she and Sungyeon won't be coming. Sungso pouted, wanting to see all her friends there.

"Awww, man~ I'm so sorry for that, Yewon-ah, Sungyeon-ah."

"It's fine." Sungyeon said as Yewon nodded.

Sungso then faced Eunseo. "You're coming, right?"

"Yes." Eunseo nodded, making Yewon gasp. "I even wondered what tux I should wear."

"Wear a suit, baby. It's ier. And make it red or black because I'm wearing a red Chinese style gown." Sungso winked.

Eunseo nodded. The bell rung and they all got to their seats. Eunseo thought about what she said. She lied and would be screwed by Sungso if she found out. But knowing Seola said yes, she'd have a chance to go to the Winter Formal.

Eunseo made her decision clear. She was going to force Exy to say yes.

+++

*honk*

"Isn't that Imonie Exy?" Sungso pointed out.

Eunseo thought it was almost embarrassing to get picked up by your paternal parent in school premises but she didn't mind. She faced Sungso. "Let me take you home."

"It's fine, baby. I'm off with Kyulkyung to pick dresses for the Winter Formal. Eunwoo will be coming too to get a tux."

Eunseo nodded. They shared a kiss as Eunseo got to the car and hopped on the back seat. "Uh...hey, Dad."

"Hey, kiddo." Exy said. "You always got yourself a looker. Sungso has been more radiant since the last time I saw her. Wow."

Eunseo used that as a strategic advantage as answered. "Yeah, Dad. She's the most beautiful girl in our batch and yes, I'm her girlfriend. Now wouldn't it be better if she had a wonderful companion at the Winter Formal, right?"

"Don't even think about it, Juyeon. It's still a no." Exy sighed as she drove.

"Come on, Dad. Mom approved." Eunseo sighed.

"But I'm the head of the family...and I say no." Exy said.

"Why???" Eunseo pouted. "You and Mom did it before. Why can't I share that legacy?"

"*sigh*...your Mom and I did have a wonderful time at our Winter Formal but the aftermath was ed up. Your Mom and I had an argument of the expenses we had of what we wore, even with our parents." Exy spoke. "And also in my case as your Dad, I worry. What if the place isn't good enough? What if there aren't safety precautions? What if the food you eat is contaminated?"

Eunseo thought about that. Although she understood, times of before were different in the present. "It's different now, Dad. None of that will happen again and I can assure you."

Exy stopped by a drive-thru and ordered their usual favorites. Eunseo added a sundae and Exy nodded. As everything was paid, Eunseo would eat her sundae but Exy always said meals before desserts and they have to eat together as a family.

"Come on Dad, please~?" Eunseo begged for the last time.

Exy looked at a pleading Eunseo. She recalled that Eunseo had been responsible with her life, especially with Sungso. And with Seola approving and her Eunseo wanting to join, how can she say no now?

"I'll think about it," said Exy.

"Dad, it's the day after tomorrow." Eunseo added.

"Alright, I'll decide now." Exy said and Eunseo was so happy.

+++

Yewon and Sungyeon went home together and Kyungwon was at the door, shocking the couple. 

"Appa!" Yewon gasped.

"Hello, Mrs. Kang." Sungyeon bowed.

Kyungwon nodded back and called Yewon to come inside and Yewon had to obey. She bids goodbye to Sungyeon and was instructed to go up to her room. Yewon whined again as Minkyung comforted her.

"Is Sungyeon outside?" Minkyung asked and Yewon nodded.

Minkyung made way and was beside Kyungwon. Sungyeon greeted again and Minkyung greeted sweetly and jabbing Kyungwon.

"Why don't you come in, Sungyeon-ah?" Minkyung offered.

"I'd love to, Mrs. Kang but I have an errand to go to." Sungyeon said.

"Okay. Do be careful." Minkyung said.

"How about I take you home, Sungyeon-ah?" Kyungwon offered this time.

Sungyeon was in deep . She nodded lightly and said her thanks as Minkyung pinched Kyungwon's ear for acting idiotic. Kyungwon winced and went out, motioning to Sungyeon to follow to her vehicle. Sungyeon decided to sit at the back as Kyungwon got to her seat and turned up the car. 

After Kyungwon asked for the location, she drove there almost quickly. Sungyeon felt awkward but she wanted to leave a good impression on Yewon's Appa. 

"How are you, Sungyeon?" Kyungwon asked.

"I'm fine, ma'am." Sungyeon nodded.

"Are you aware that I didn't approve of Yewon going to the Winter Formal?" Kyungwon asked.

"Yes, ma'am. She actually told me yesterday." Sungyeon said.

"I see." Kyungwon nodded. "Do you know why I said no?"

"Because you're very protective and worried as a parent, ma'am." Sungyeon answered.

"Do your parents do the same?" Sungyeon asked.

"N-Ne...back when I was a kid. But then, my mom said that I should be free to decide since I'm already a growing child." Sungyeon said.

Kyungwon arrived at the place as Sungyeon thanked her a lot for taking her home. Kyungwon nodded again but before Sungyeon could go, she stopped her.

"Let me tell you something, Sungyeon-ah." Kyungwon began. "My daughter means everything to me and her mother just as much as your parents are to you. Now, I'm very protective towards my sunshine. One of the reasons I won't let her join the Winter Formal is because I'm worried you won't treat her well on the dance. It's a custom for feminine students to invite masculine partners of preference so as manly women, one must treat the partner well." Kyungwon finished. "You know that, right?"

"Yes, ma'am." Sungyeon said. "Mrs. Kang, I love your daughter."

"I know you do but can you prove that?" Kyungwon asked. "What if there's an instance that I will let Yewon join the Winter Formal with you? What would you do?"

"I'd be there for her the whole day. I won't avert myself towards others and leave her behind. And if I would want to avert myself and talk to friends, I'd let her come with me." Sungyeon answered honestly.

"Anything else?" Kyungwon asked.

"I'd guide hee throughout a boring procession, I'd get her the food she would like while being careful of ite content for safety reasons. And during the dance, I'll hold her hand tight and focus on her...and I won't let go..."

The lasts words slipped out and Sungyeon covered and apologized, fearing that she has triggered Kyungwon. 

"It's fine, Sungyeon." Kyungwon said. "That's an answer from an honest partner...and I approve of that."

Sungyeon would've been damned but she was grateful and did little bows. Kyungwon smiled lightly as she was reminded of herself when she faced Minkyung's parents to get their approval of their relationship and a chance to go to the Winter Formal.

"That would be it, Sungyeon-ah. You may go." Kyungwon finished.

Sungyeon bowed but she asked. "Is there anything else we need to talk about, Mrs. Kang?"

"Sharp instinct. I like that. Actually, this will be the last." Kyungwon said. "Buy yourself a good suit. I would prefer a dark brown."

Sungyeon knew where this is going and she was excited internally. Kyungwon could get a nod.

"You're guessing it right, Sungyeon-ah." Kyungwon grinned. "Yewon will be joining the Winter Formal."

+++

Seola felt the tension building over a family lunch on take out favorites. Eunseo was eating her sundae quietly as Exy was always munching her nuggets almost quickly. Seola sighed and asked. "Is everything alright between my big boys?"

"Yes, Mom." Eunseo nodded.

"Why am I feeling that you two are in a palpable tension, especially you Eunseo?" Seola asked.

"Go tell your Mom." Exy said.

"Uhh...Mom?" Eunseo began and Seola was attentive. "Dad was thinking about me going to the Winter Formal. Her decision-"

"Sojung." Seola turned dim again, making Exy flinch. "I got my approval already, right? Now think about our Juyeon. You would be ashamed for her if she can't take Sungso to the dance, right?"

"Y-Yes." Exy stuttered.

"If you're worried for our Juyeon, then don't. Our Juyeon is responsible with everything and will be responsible for Sungso. For the love of the cosmic gays up in the heavens, let her join." Seola said.

The boys flinched of the woman of their family. Eunseo considered that as an advantage as Exy was into deep . As she thought about everything, she decided to let her Juyeon prove herself.

"Eunseo, are you a man?" Exy asked.

"Yes, Dad." Eunseo answered directly.

"Will you not embarrass yourself towards Sungso?" Exy asked.

"Of course not, Dad. I'll take good care of myself and Sungso. I swear." Eunseo spoke.

"Alright. I decided." Exy lost it. "You're joining. I can hand you my suit and make yourself look good and-"

Eunseo could only hug Exy tight, saying her thanks. Seola adored the sight and gave a thumbs up to Exy before joining her troopers for a hug.

"I'll get your suit, honey." Seola said to Exy as she went to their room. 

"I'll have to let you rate the suit, Eunseo. It's a black suit with a red polo shirt inside." Exy shared.

"That's more than fine, Appa." Eunseo said. "I'd look good in anything."

"Hahahaha...that's my boy." Exy clapped.

+++

Minkyung and Yewon were crossing their arms at Kyungwon, who had just arrived from picking up Sungyeon.

"Did you threaten the child?" Minkyung asked.

"No." Kyungwon shook her head.

"Appa, did you tell Sungyeon not to get ready so I won't get to go?" Yewon asked, almost crying.

Minkyung comforts her as Kyungwon shook her head abruptly and went to hug her sunshine. "Aigoo, of course not, my sunshine." Kyungwon hugged her tight. "Well...only a little."

"That's the same thing! Aish!" Minkyung pinches her ear.

"Ow! Not the other ear!" Kyungwon sniffled and hissed.

Yewon could cry like the little girl she was but Kyungwon assured her. "My sunshine, please look at Appa."

Yewon nodded and she did. Kyungwon wipes her tears lightly. "We talked about you going to the Winter Formal with her..." Kyungwon exhaled. "...and I aprrove."

Yewon thought she was hearing things but Kyungwon smiled and couldn't contain her laughter. "Sorry. I'm supposed to tell this with your Eomma so that we can talk to you together."

Minkyung got the gist and went to hug Kyungwon and rubbed her pinched ears softly. Kyungwon spoke again. "You and Sungyeon are going to the Winter Formal. I got Sungyeon informed to get ready for that day and let Minkyung get you a dress-"

Yewon became the vibrant sun she was and hugged her parents tight. She pecked their cheeks, with Kyungwon getting a longer kiss.

"But I'll be picking you and Sungyeon up after the dance, okay? For safety reasons." Kyungwon added.

"Ne!" Yewon nodded. "I love you, Eomma, Appa!"

"I love you." Minkyung spoke.

"I love you too, my sunshine." Kyungwon grinned.

+++

*click*

"Aigoo, my big boy is so beautifully handsome~" Seola cheered.

Eunseo got her solo picture as she wore Exy's suit. Exy nodded and did a thumbs up. Eunseo bowed lightly and went to hug her parents. Seola even pinched Exy's cheeks since she was as beautifully handsome as their child despite wearing simply.

"Come on, my trooper. I'll send you and Sungso to school." Exy said as she got her keys.

Eunseo nodded and the big boys went to bid goodbye to Seola. Seola told Eunseo to have fun and Exy to be careful during the drive. Eunseo and Exy got to the car. Exy checked how Eunseo looked and adjusted her hair a bit.

"Be manly." Exy grinned.

"Yes, Dad." Eunseo nodded as Exy drove them to Sungso's place.

+++

Exy and Eunseo arrived at Sungso's home and a Chinese parent eating seaweed greeted Exy with a high five and shook hands with Eunseo. 

"Xuanyi, what's up?" Exy spoke.

"Aigoo, you have quite the big boy, Sojung. Chengxiao made a good choice." Xuanyi approved.

"Mrs. Wu, is Sungso inside?" Eunseo said.

"Of course, child. Bona is prepping her up." Xuanyi said.

Eunseo and Exy came inside. Eunseo was dying to see Sungso as the manly women talked of their memories back in high school when they had their Winter Formal.

"Xuanyi, Sungso's ready." They heard Bona as she went down.

Bona greeted Exy and Eunseo and adored Eunseo because she looked so beautifully handsome. Eunseo thanked her and stopped as Sungso showed herself.

She wore a stunning red dress and Eunseo wowed. Sungso also had the same reaction when she saw Eunseo as she looked beautifully handsome which exceeded her expectations on how Eunseo would really look. Eunseo got closer and escorted Sungso like a true gentleman. Bona took that picture, while Xuanyi and Exy approved of Eunseo's gesture.

The couple went to greet the parents. Exy patted Bona and Xuanyi's shoulders and assured accountability of the children. Sungso bids goodbye to her parents and Eunseo even assured that Sungso will be well taken care of.

Eunseo and Sungso went with Exy to the car. Exy got to her seat, seeing Eunseo being a good partner to Sungso. Exy smiled and asked. "Are you okay back there?"

"Ne." They nodded.

Exy turned the car and drove the kids to school.

+++

"Kyungwon, she doesn't need all neccesities. It's a party." Minkyung sighed.

"But it could be important." Kyungwon said.

Yewon was ready, wearing a cute golden cocktail dress. She sighed and got some enough necessities of her choosing and got them inside her purse. Minkyung took a picture of Yewon and adored her little sunshine all grown up and going to her first Winter Formal.

"Omo-Stone Nayoung is here." Kyungwon heard a honk.

Minkyung pecked Yewon's cheeks and told her to have fun. Kyungwon escorted Yewon outside. Stone Nayoung was with Sungyeon as she wore a dark brown suit, just like what Kyungwon told her.

"Nice." Kyungwon spoke. "Wassup' Stone?"

"Hey." Nayoung waved. "Hello, Yewon."

Yewon bowed lightly and Sungyeon got closer to her. Kyungwon sets some ground rules and Sungyeon kept them in mind. 

"Kyungwon, my Sungyeon is a good girl that Chungha and I always remind her to do well, especially with Yewon." Nayoung spoke.

"Okay. Take care, children." Kyungwon said as the two nodded.

Yewon and Sungyeon went with Nayoung. Sungyeon helped Yewon on the car and Kyungwon made a gesture to get the children to safety. 

"Duh, it's Stone Nayoung. She's responsible." Minkyung said.

The parents watched the car go and sighed happily because Yewon was finally enjoying her life during high school. Kyungwon may still remain her protectiveness towards Yewon but she was eager to let Yewon have fun.

"Don't be the sourpuss next time, okay?" Minkyung spoke.

"Yes, ma'am." Kyungwon nodded.

+++

A car got to the entrance of the school's gym and a couple got down. Sungso and Eunseo caught the attention of many students, making Exy proud. Eunseo got closer to Exy and hugged her. Sungso found it so cute and manly.

"Thanks, Dad." Eunseo said. "I'll call you later."

"You're welcome, my trooper." Exy hugged back. "Now go inside. Sungso is getting cold." 

Eunseo nodded and Exy got them their jackets. Eunseo thanked her and went on. The couple got inside and met with their closest friends.

"You two are ruling tonight!" Eunwoo cheered, wearing a maroon tux.

"Someone is going to be Queen of the Night in here~" Jieqiong cooed, wearing a pink cocktail dress.

"Aw, you!" Eunseo hissed and almost nudged Eunwoo.

"Was that your Dad, Eunseo?" Meiqi arrived, wearing an orange dress. "She's so beautifully handsome~"

"Sorry, Meiqi. She has my Mom already." Eunseo laughed.

"And this beautifully handsome woman is also taken." Sungso said as she held Eunseo's arm.

The group of friends laughed as they looked around the gym. The decorations had a vibe of a party and Christmas, the band was playing with Rena on the drums, even a little pad where Yeunjung was spinning tunes with Eunchae joining with the other students to dance.

"Eunchae is one lucky woman to have Yeunjung as her girl." Eunwoo said.

"Haha, even Dayoung and Yeoreum over there." Jieqiong pointed out.

Their other classmates came in and one couple came unexpectedly that made them all cheer, especially Sungso and Eunseo.

"Yewon~~" Eunwoo went to hug the sunshine.

"Sungyeon!" Eunseo hi-fived with her.

"We thought you wouldn't make it." Sungso said.

"It took a lot on convincing." Sungyeon grinned.

"You look good." Eunseo gave a thumbs-up.

"Say cheese, y'all!" Meiqi got the camera and everyone posed.

+++

The Winter Formal began and the couples went on with the procession. Eunseo and Sungso were the last couple, with Yewon and Sungyeon in front of them. Yewon and Sungyeon ramped and everyone ogled of the cute couple. Eunseo and Sungso were saved for last as everyone cheered, even Eunwoo wooed loud as everyone betted them to be the King and Queen of the Night.

The procession wasn't that boring and it was shorter than expected. Nonetheless, everyone had their time with friends and with each other as couples. There were games and Christmas jams and everyone participated. There was even a dance off where Mina showed off and Sohye could blush because Mina looked hot dancing.

"Ohohohoho~ we have a flushed Penguin here!" Eunwoo teased.

"Be blessed, my friend." Yoojung patted her back.

"Aish!" Sohye huffed and focused on Mina.

Sungso joined in and Eunseo clapped like a retarded seal. Sungyeon sighed and had to pull her to sit down to calm herself. Then, she focused on Yewon.

"You alright?" Sungyeon asked.

"Ne. I'm having fun." Yewon smiled.

The dance off was over and it was time to eat. Eunseo and Sungyeon went for seconds and thirds as they served food for Yewon and Sungyeon. Others like Mina and Sohye would get a lot of plates of food and Dodaeng sighed of the two. 

After the dinner, it was the nomination for King and Queen of the Night. Eunseo and Sungso were nominated and everyone cheered widly. There was even a Cutest Couple nomination and Yewon and Sungyeon were nominated, together with Mina and Sohye.

During the break, Eunseo and Sungso got to take pictures with friends and in the photo booths. Yewon and Sungyeon looked around with Jieqiong and Eunwoo and stopped at the photo booth and took a group picture.

"Don't forget me!" Rena ran and got to the center.

They got their picture. Yewon and Sungyeon left to take a couple picture. Yewon and Sungyeon got their copies of the pictures and went to another booth where Eunseo and Sungso were.

"We're taking pictures together." Sungso grabbed Yewon.

Eunseo motioned Sungyeon to join and nodded while posing next to Yewon. The spectators clapped lightly.

"Sure King and Queen of the Night with the Cutest Couple right here." Mina clapped.

"What about you two?" Eunseo pointed out.

"We'd want a ShikShin Couple nomination, thanks." Sohye said and Mina nodded.

The announcement came. Rena became the MC with Yeunjung as she mentioned the nominations for Queen of the Night first. Sungso got up with Doyeon and Jieqiong. Everyone made their bets on who will win as Rena announced the winner. "Wu Sungso!"

Sungso couldn't believe it as Doyeon volunteered to out the crown on her since Rena was too short.

"You dissing my height, Doyeon?!" Rena huffed.

"Hahahaha...sorry." Doyeon did a peace sign.

Nominations for the King of the Night and Eunseo got up with Eunwoo and Sohye.

"Woah!! Go Penguin!" Yoojung cheered with the others. 

"I should be Queen of the Night next time." Mina pouted. 

Rena announced again and made their bets. Eunseo was praying that she'd be King of the Night to be partnered with Sungso.

"Chu Eunseo!"

A standing ovation happened and Eunseo cheered. Sohye went to get the crown and placed it on Eunseo's head. Eunseo went towards Sungso and held her hand, earning coos.

"Wu Sungso and Chu Eunseo everyone!" Rena announced and everyone applauded. "Now for the Cutest Couple Award!"

Yewon and Sungyeon got up with Mina and Sohye. A late nomination came and Eunwoo and Jieqiong went up. Everyone ogled and found the couples adorable, especially Yewon and Sungyeon.

"You okay?" Sungyeon spoke as she saw Yewon a bit nervous.

"Yeah." Yewon smiled as she nodded.

"Who's your bet, everyone?" Rena asked.

There were many names mentioned but somehow, Yewon and Sungyeon became a crowd favorite. Rena got the card and announced. "Ohohoho~ we have Kang Yewon and Lim Sungyeon!"

Yewon was shocked and Sungyeon tackled her foe a hug. Mina and Sohye got the crowns and placed it on Yewon and Sungyeon's heads.

"Nice game!" Sohye hi-fived Sungyeon.

"We bet for a ShikShin Couple Award for us." Mina winked. "Congratulations."

Yewon and Sungyeon were up the stage with Sungso and Eunseo and were happy. Sungso just had a wonderful night with her girlfriend. Eunseo was ecstatic that the Winter Formal was a wonderful opportunity to be with Sungso. Yewon was happy that she joined an event for the very first time and Sungyeon was happy seeing Yewon happy.

But then, there was still the dance. And they know, it was going to be a wonderful time with each other.