A Pearly Oriental Christmas

The Month Before Yuletide

September 2

It was September. The members of IOI were busy with their own schedules. While the others were busy on musical shows, some were on other aspects of their schedules.

Not long after, Sohye's radio broadcast was over. She bids goodbye to the staff and Somi was outside to greet her. They planned to meet since they had vacancy in their schedules. But then, Somi cheered as she got a text from someone.

"Who are you texting, Som?" Sohye asked.

"Chaeyeon-unnie." Somi grinned. "She said that she and the rest of the members also have vacant scheds and are meeting at a pension house Nayoung-unnie rented. Change of plans, unnie. Let's gooo~"

The plan of a date turned out to be a bongacious one. They reliven themselves a bit before going to the said pension house.

+++

Chaeyeon was busy preparing a meal and Sejeong helped. Mina would sneak to get little bites of food and Yeunjung snored on the couch. The rest of the beagles were hyper and Chungha and Nayoung had to calm them down. The bell rang and Chaeyeon and Sejeong set the table. Mina got to the door and was happy and hugged the two members, especially a Penguin. 

"Omg-too much love on the air." Somi whipped the air away.

"You're just bitter." Sohye spoke and they laughed.

"Sohye and Somi, my babies~" Sejeong spoke in her Ahjusshi voice as she ran towards the two.

"Babo." Nayoung went too and stopped her with her Stone palm, stopping Sejeong's large forehead. "You better now gawk at Somi's again."

"Unnie!" Somi huffed.

Sejeong grinned and hugged them. Somi noticed hands by her s and slaps Sejeong's hand off.

"Don't grip my in front of everyone, unnie." Somi huffed.

"Or else you won't get laid tonight." Chungha stopped Sejeong and pinched her ear.

Yeunjung got up and cheered to see everyone. She even dabbed and the other dragons joined her and dabbed. Chaeyeon went to greet her babies and hugged the two.

"Not again..." Nayoung sighed.

"Daddy~" Chaeyeon grinned as she hugged Nayoung next.

"Uh...Mommy." Nayoung grinned.

"Ew. It doesn't suit you, Stone." Sejeong cooed.

"Haha." Nayoung spoke. "You wanna die?"

"Hahaha...of course not." Sejeong cackled. "We still need to eat dinner."

"I whipped up a meal for us." Chaeyeon smiled as she pulled Nayoung towards the dining room.

"Let's go, my Penguin." Mina got quick with Sohye and they got to their seats.

The others joined in and everyone wowed of the food. The others finally seated as Yeunjung said grace and they ate. Nayoung noticed a red ball on the table and she wondered.

"What's with the Quezo de Bola?" Nayoung asked.

"Yeunjung got that." Chaeyeon said. "Sejeong even got another for Chungha since the last Christmas we had as IOI."

The thought about it was one thing they missed a lot. The kids ate slowly as frowns plastered onto their faces.

"Aigoo...we shouldn't be sad. We need to be happy since we had a chance to meet tonight. Now come on and eat." Sejeong said.

The kids nodded and ate again, sharing wonderful times and enjoying dinner as a family.

+++

September 5

Another day has come and an unexpected one at that. Today, the members of IOI were gathered by MNet. It was actually part of their respective schedules but they didn’t expect to meet each other.
They were happy again to meet each other. The production team arrived and managed to have a meeting with them.

“It seems you’re all shocked to meet each other. All of you had respective schedules with us-“

“But you didn’t tell us who we’ll be working with. Why, PD-nim?” Doyeon spoke.

“You know what I said. We should not expect anything from MNet.” Yoojung mumbled.

“Hahaha…never forgotten.” The producer grinned. “Anyways, all of you are gathered here because the team and I proposed something.”

One of the members distributed the screenplay towards the IOI members. All of them looked at it and Mina somehow remembered something as she looked at a picture of a setting.

“This is the Araneta Coliseum in Manila.” Mina pointed out. “And there’s even a picture of a Parol and Balut.”

“Lolwhut? What are you talking about, unnie?” Somi asked.

“Is this the Philippines?” Sohye asked.

“Good guess, shikshin couple.” The producer grinned. “We’ve proposed to have a reality show for your fans and for you all to reunite and have fun.”

“Oooohh~ what's it about?” Yeunjung asked.

“It will be a Christmas special. In general, we will be shooting a reality show. Let’s name it IOI Reunion: A Pearly Oriental Christmas. Meaning, all of you will celebrate Christmas in the Philippines.” The producer said and everyone wowed.

“Nice! We can go to Manila again!” Sejeong cheered.

“It’s a place of Quezo de Bola, right?” Chungha asked.

“Again with the cheese, unnie.” Doyeon sighed.

“What? It tastes-“

“-gouda~” Everyone joined in with Yeunjung.

“Hahaha, anyways…” The producer got them back to the meeting. “…we will have the week to settle the arrangements and have meetings for the show. The next week, you will be traveling to the Philippines.”

“So quick. So…we’re going to the Philippines this September?” Chaeyeon spoke.

“Why?” Kyulkyung asked too. “Isn’t Christmas celebrated in December?”

“I got it!” Sohye raided a hand and everyone listened. “That’s a Filipino custom. Filipinos celebrate Christmas pretty early during September to December, also known as the ‘BER’ months.”

“Correct!” The producer acclaimed. “With that, Sohye will get to decide the first thing you’ll do in the Philippines.”

Sohye got a golden card and everyone was curious. Everyone was gathering closer as Sohye thought of what to do with the golden card.

"Are you going to use food for it, Sohye?" Chaeyeon asked. '"If you do, please add some strawberries!"

"Penguin, include cookies, and pizza...and everything!" Mina pouted as she hugged her.

Sohye would love that. But she also needed to consider the others, especially the show that they will be shooting. She thought about that for a while until she got an idea. She raised her hand lightly as the producer asked what.

"Can I really ask anything?" Sohye clarified.

"Yes." The producer nodded.

"Okay." Sohye nodded. "Well, I surveyed some places where we can stay in the Philippines and there's this spot in Boracay which can acommodate us. I also suggest going to San Fernando, a city in Pampanga. They said it's the Christmas Capital of the Philippines. But first...let's shop in Manila."

"First stop: Manila." The producer listed and everyone cheered.

"Oohhh~ I want to go eat this." Yeunjung pointed at some dessert. "This looks delicious."

"That's halo-halo, Yeunjung." Sejeong said. "It's was seen on the international edition of One Night Food Trip before."

"Let us try some, PD-nim." Yoojung cheered.

"Anything else to add, girls?" The producer asked.

"Hmmm... Christmas traditions of Filipinos?" Nayoung spoke out. "Since we'll be going to the country, shouldn't we learn the way of the... Filipino?"

"Unnie's right." Chungha said. "I love a challenge and new learnings."

"Us too!" Everyone joined in.

"Okay." The producer said.

"I think that's about it." Kyulkyung said.

"Alright. Other meetings will be discussed some other day." 

The meeting was finished and IOI thanked the producer for their meeting. As they got out, they were all excited for the said variety show. But mostly, they were ecstatic to celebrate as eleven members of a national girl group that a lot of people loved.

+++

September 12

"NAIA~~" Somi cheered.

"NAIA, Ninoy Aquino..." Yeunjung tried to read the brochure. "... International Airport! Yey! We're here!"

IOI and the crew arrived safely in the Philippines. There were fans who took pictures of them as they walked. For the members, it was almost joyful since there were many Filipino fans and that they're still remembered and loved despite of the disbandment.

They got to the exit and went inside their van. Another van was for the crew as they drove towards the hotel. It was also the start of their footage for the said reality show.

"Yes, I love it! We are IOI! Hello!" They all greeted.

Sohye got a glimpse of the person by the front seat with the producer, who was actually driving their van. It was a woman and she was smiling as she greeted them from the back.

"Everyone, this is May. She will be our tour guide for the whole duration of our Christmas vacation here in the Philippines." The producer introduced. 

"Ne...annyeonghaseyo." May greeted as she grinned. "It's a privilege to meet you all. I'm a big fan!"

"Hello!" Nayoung greeted for everyone.

"She's a graduate of tourism. Laude." The producer said and they wowed. "She's good at speaking Korean and is as old as our Chaeyeon."

Chaeyeon bowed lightly and May did too. The young ones wowed like cute kids and May chuckled lightly.

"How to be you, unnie~" Mina spoke.

"You're speaking like a Filipino, Mina~" Yoojung pointed out.

"Yes. That phrase is common to the urban Philippine dialect, indicating towards particular people who have achieved a lot." May said. "For now, we'll be heading to The Oasis near Paco Park. Producer-nim says you will need to rest in the hotel for today."

"Unnie." Doyeon raised a hand. "Is it true that the Philippines' National Hero is buried there?"

"The term is interred, Doyeon-ssi. Fun fact. Philippines' National Hero Dr. Jose Rizal was shot in Bagumbayan in 1896 and his corpse lies buried inside Paco Park. There's a bust for him there."

"Oooohh~~ I want to go there now. PD-nim can we stop there?" Yeunjung asked.

"No." She spoke.

"Whyyyy~" Sejeong pouted. 

"You pout like a duck." Chungha spoke.

"Savage." Nayoung mumbled and everyone laughed, even May.

"Trust me, girls. You'll really need the rest. We'll start shooting tomorrow." Their producer said.

The ride went on and May continued to share and talk to everyone about Filipino culture. And when May found out about the gist of their show, she shares of the great and early timing since Filipinos really do bring out the Christmas spirit within the last four months of the year.

The arrived at the hotel and everyone was excited to get in. The managers went to settle the arrangements as everyone got their things and were excited for their time in the Philippines.

+++

September 13

IOI were waking up early, readying themselves as they're called down to meet May once more. All of them lined up and May greeted the girls.

"How's the first stay here?" May asked.

"Hot." Sejeong said and everyone reacted. "Like seriously, the weather is hot here."

"I even heard breaking of glass and people yelling outside." Somi said.

"It's common here but rest assured your safety is our number one priority." May said as she read something. "In collaboration with the crew, the first BER month's keyword is PREPARATION. Each of you will be given Christmas related tasks and if accomplished, the group gets a golden card."

"Oooh~~~ I'm getting another one." Sohye cheered.

"I'm excited~" Doyeon clapped. 

"Me too." Yoojung added.

"For your first task, all of us need to go somewhere outside Manila. Let's go?" May spoke.

IOI got to the van and greeted the crew members inside. They travelled as Kyulkyung raised a hand. "Where will we be going, Ate?"

"Lolwhut?" Yeunjung reacted.

"Ate is the Filipino honorific for an older sister. It's a universal term, meaning both genders use it." Mina said.

"That's correct." May addressed.

"So do I get a golden card, Ate?" Mina pouted.

May ogled of Mina's cuteness. But she shook her head as they arrived at the place. The members got down and wowed of the place.

"Welcome to the Christmas Capital of the Philippines, everyone. The city of San Fernando." May spoke.

They wowed of the decorations around despite of the daylight. Seeing decorations at this time of year was lovely. Some members took pictures as they listened to May.

"Now, the first mission." May got the list. "All of you are in the park and you must each find a bright star. It can be of any color. There's also a bonus star that you need to find for additional privileges for your golden card, if and only if you complete this mission."

"Bright star?" Sejeong asked. "How do we know that it's bright?"

"Hmm...your producer said that you studied a lot about Filipino culture before coming here. Let that be of good use as you all find your respective bright stars." May grinned. "You have eleven minutes to find them.

They all looked back and got into position. May starts the countdown. "3.2.1. Go."

+++

"How can I even find a bright star? Can't I just grab the sun?" Somi huffed.

She saw a red star by the ground. It also had a switch hooked up. She shrugged and picked it up, running cheerfully. "I got a star~~"

Sejeong and Chungha teamed up and found two stars by the bushes. They grabbed it, wondering of the switches. They cheered and went back.

Doyeon, Yoojung, and Yeunjung ran like animals as they got to a skatinf rink. Three stars were across thwm but there were skater girls racing too fast. Yeunjung dared and ran across, grabbing the stars, and running back without getting hit.

"Yes!" Yeunjung cheered and gave Dodaeng their stars.

"Pink~" Kyulkyung cheered and got a pink star.

"What's with the switch, though?" Nayoung asked as she got a maroon star.

Chaeyeon got up a bench and reached a star by the tree. 

"Lookie here."

They all looked to see Mina and Sohye getting their stars and carrying a larger one with various designs. They wowed and got back to the entrance. May was impressed. The members found their stars and the big bonus star in ten minutes.

"Now to break the competition, define what is that?"

"Come on, Penguin. Answer it correctly." Yoojung spoke.

Sohye tried to recall as she and Mina got the bonus star closer. Sohye got the answer but she didn't say anything. Instead, she pointed at Mina. "You say it, my cinnamon roll."

"But I don't know." Mina said.

Sohye whispered the answer and Mina slaps her shoulder lightly. "Why didn't you say anything in the first place?"

"Because I got my golden card already. And besides...the love of my life needs to get her chance." Sohye grinned.

"Too much love in the air..." Somi whips the air off.

"Classic." May clapped lightly. "Anyways, your answer, Mina-ssi?"

"It's called a 'Parol'. It's a star-shaped lantern that Filipinos hang around during Christmas." Mina answered. "But why is this one wrapped in a plastic container, unnie?"

"Because that's the Filipino way." May chuckled. "Correct!"

IOI cheered and Mina got her own golden card. Sohye and Mina waved them lightly. The members joined in and the dragons went to plead to the shikshin couple for the said privileges.

"Let's go eat!" Yoojung cheered.

"I want to see the bust of Jose Rizal, you Penguin!" Yeunjung spat.

“Well…one of my wishes for my golden card was already granted. We get to come here in San Fernando.” Sohye said. “Ate, are there shopping malls here?”

“Yes. There are.” May said. "I suggest SM."

“Okay! Let’s go shopping~” Sohye grinned.

“Good idea, Sohye.” Chaeyeon clapped.

“I can finally get me a Christmas hat!” Kyulkyung cheered.

“What about you, Mina?” Yoojung asked. “What will you do with your golden card?”

“Hmm…food~” Mina grinned. “Let’s try Filipino food!”

“Yosh!” The dragons cheered.

"Nice choice, my children." Sejeong patted their backs.

"Technically, you're just the Ahjusshi. We're the parents here." Nayoung spoke and patted Mina and Sohye's backs.

All of them got back in again. May turns on the van and they drove to SM.

+++ 

IOI got to the mall and they were excited. They went shopping and a lot of people and some fans were there too, taking pictures. IOI always had the instinct of doing fan service through waving, even Chungha did a little dance when SM's signature song was played.

"The ..." Chaeyeon mumbled.

"Haha, that's my girl." Sejeong clapped.

"Halo-halo~" Yeunjung pointed. "Let's eat there."

"Yay~ Chowking~" Kyulkyung clapped.

May agreed to let by them eat at Chowking. The eleven members got their seats as May gave discussion of what they can eat.

"I'm aiming for halo-halo." Yeunjung addressed.

"Dinsum~" Kyulkyung clapped.

"There's fried chicken~" Mina wowed. "Ate, can we have all of these?"

Their producer arrived and thanked May for keeping an eye on them for the day.

"PD-nim. Can we order all of these?" Yoojung asked.

"You can...but you have to complete your second mission to earn your orders."

"Not again." Nayoung sighed.

"I think I'm going to have a heart attack again." Chungha sighed with her. "Now what would be the mission this time, PD-nim?"

"The second mission will be a guessing game." She answered. "The mall plays various Christmas music. It stops during an announcement, giving you only five seconds to guess the song."

"What? That short?" Somi was shocked. 

"Ate, are there Filipino Christmas songs played too?" Sohye asked May.

"There are. But only consider the English songs, right PD-nim?" May spoke.

"Right." The producer nodded. "I have the credit card in my hand. Each correct answer corresponds to a food on Chowking's menu."

"Easy." Somi and Chungha shared hi-fives. 

With every christmas card i write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your christmases be white

The producer points out the first song heard. It lasted for a few seconds due to an announcement and IOI were damned. 

"Answer!" Somi raised a hand. "White Christmas?"

The producer nodded and they cheered. She went to order some food and May decides to conduct the next song.

On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me

"Again with the announcement." Doyeon sighed.

"Answer!" Chungha raised a hand. "12 Days of Christmas!"

"Correct!" May clapped. "Wow. Nice pace, everyone."

The producer came back with dimsum, from siomai, siopao, even the signature Chicharap. IOI clapped and they all ate. 

"Hmmm...this is delicious!" Yeunjung spoke as she ate a siopao. 

"Hmm...I have to say. Dinsum at China is better." Kyulkyung said while eating some buchi. "Mmm~ the filling is good~!"

"I don't get you sometimes, Pinky." Nayoung munched some kangkong. "You say you prefer China's dinsum yet you're stuffing your mouth with buchi."

"Hahahahaha...don't give her the halo-halo then." Yoojung smirked.

"I disown you." Kyulkyung mumbled and everyone laughed.

"Next song's coming up." Somi said.

Di ba't kay ganda sa atin ng pasko
Naiiba ang pagdiriwang dito
Pasko sa ati'y hahanap-hanapin mo
Walang katulad dito ang pasko

While eating, they all listened. It was a different song that Sohye raised a hand lightly. “I think this is a Filipino Christmas song.”

“Yes…and in fact, one of you is familiar with this.” The producer spoke. “Leadernim?”

Nayoung munched the last of the kangkong and gulped. Nayoung listened to the song and answered. “Sa Araw ng Pasko?”

May heard her answer and came back with the pancit and fried chicken and she nodded. Nayoung reacted for a Stone Buddha and the others cheered.

“Because Nayoung got the Filipino song right, she’s the third member to get a golden card.” The producer spoke.

Nayoung was privileged and they all got excited and ate some pancit and chicken. The producer and May joined in as she feeds the cameraman.

“How did you do that, unnie?” Yoojung asked.

“I heard it one time when we got in. Someone was singing it.” Nayoung said and slurped some pancit. “And I guess PD-nim must’ve witnessed that, even May.”

They clapped lightly as the kids asked their Daddy of her preference of privileges since she got a card.

“We should get halo-halo for dessert since we had dinsum for appetizers and fried chicken and pancit for the main course…and I want to go to a museum.” Nayoung said.

“Me too.” Chaeyeon added.

“Can you add going to an amusement park, unnie?” Kyulkyung pouted.

The other babies joined in pouting at their leader. Nayoung wanted to agree so since asked the producer. She also agreed and Nayoung finalized her decision.

“We’ll do those things. But first…halo-halo~” Nayoung spoke and everyone cheered.

Everyone cheered and were happy for their first month to celebrate Christmas in the Philippines.

+++

September 26

After the time at the mall, IOI were touring themselves around Manila, enjoying the cultures and te vibe of Christmas. Today, IOI's next tour was at Villa Escudero, which had a museum, a lake, even an eatery with a dam with flowing water from the said lake. Nayoung loved the ambiance. The dongsaeng line wowed as the rest of the unnie line took pictures.

May was still giving them tours as she shares more information of the place. Nayoung even stopped by a shelf filled with dolls.

"Ah! Creepy!" Somi flipped out. 

"There's even a doll the size of a rice grain." Nayoung mumbled. "So small..."

"Like Yoojung?" Yeunjung asked and everyone chuckled lightly.

"Therefore, I conclude, IOI is OT10." Yoojung spoke.

Yeunjung made a peace sign. The tour was over as May gathered the girls by the dock. IOI wowed as they were by the lake. At the center was a pine tree.

"Ate, what is this?" Doyeon asked.

"This will be your third mission." May spoke. "You will take turns and must finish decorating the tree in one hour. All of you will board a long boat and row yourselves towards that tree and decorate it."

"But we don't know how to row a boat." Kyulkyung said.

"Don't worry. Someone will come with you." May said as she called someone. "Come out, my twin!"

The members looked to see a buff Chinese woman. She was wearing a life jacket underneath her lifeguard attire. 

"Ohohoho~ pretty woman~" Sejeong sang.

"Yeah." Chungha pinched her ear again. "Even I'm shookt."

"She looks buff but she's pretty." Mina commented. "Omo-she's cute...like me~"

"I'm younger than you, Ate. Mama just mocks me that we look alike." She spoke and stopped.

She was shocked as May pulled her back. She chuckled. "Consider it as my birthday present for you."

IOI sang a birthday song and the said girl was too happy she was crying of pure joy. She was smiling cutely the members could ogle at her.

"Aigoo...omo...annyeonghaseyo." She bowed. "I'm Sofia, your boatrider for today. I'm so honored to meet you, IOI."

"She has been a big fan of you from the beginning." May commented and the members were in awe.

"Sofia-ssi...who's your bias?" The producer asked.

The members showed their charms and Sofia gulped. She was really a big fan and actually loved the members.

But then, there's always the ultimate bias. "Mina."

The rest pouted and Mina bowed and showed her aegyo towards Sofia. Sofia ogled and almost slaps May because of her teasing. It was all fun until Sofia went to the boat as the producer talked about the mission again.

"Since Mina won the heart of our boatrider, she'll go first."

Mina cheered and went closer by the boat. Sofia puts on her life jacket and they rowed towards the tree. The other members got their turns and after 22 trips, Sofia got the members on the other side and they decorate the tree.

+++

All of them drove back to the hotel and were cheering. They successfully done their mission, with Doyeon accredited for doing most of the decorations. With that, she gets a golden card.

But most of them didn't like Doyeon's idea. Doyeon laughed because she gets to decide this time.

"Why did you have to conduct us going back to the hotel?" Yeunjung huffed.

"I'm considering Ate May and the crew, even Chungha-unnie." Doyeon pointed at a sleeping hamster. "She's been tired. Mostly all of us are."

"Me too." Nayoung spoke. "Good decision, Doyeon."

"See? Even Leadernim said so." Doyeon added.

"But you have to owe us a good offer for the days to come. We need to make use of the four months here." Somi said.

"Noted." Doyeon nodded.

+++

October 3

With Sohye, Mina, Nayoung, and Doyeon getting their golden cards, they were used in various privileges as they continue to celebrate the Christmas season in the Philippines.

Mina always granted the food privileges. Nayoung was happy to go to museums. Sohye still had one request and it was granted starting on this day. That request was staying at a villa in Boracay.

"Nice timing, So. I got my part of the golden card granted." Doyeon smiled. "To go on the beach!"

"And nice addition to bring Sofia-ssi with May and the crew." Sejeong grinned.

"You better not at our guest, Sejeong." Chaeyeon spoke.

They were having a relaxing time in Boracay. The dragons were having fun swimming on the sea. The calm ones enjoyed drinking buko as the unnie line relaxed on the chairs and under the shade of their large umbrellas while enjoying buko as well.

Later that day, all of them got to their villa. They wowed as the place was open and large. They saw a bunch of boxes by the living room and lights hung around the place.

"What's with the boxes?" Kyulkyung asked.

"This will be the fourth mission." The producer said. "One custom of Filipino Christmas is an adaptation of Western tradition to decorate the Christmas tree. But then, Filipinos also assemble their Christmas trees. Now, inside the boxes are parts of a plastic Christmas tree. You'll be grouped into three members, with one member with two members."

"It will be a race to see who assembles the Christmas trees the fastest. The prize? Golden cards for each member." May said. "Plus a hug from Sofia!"

"Huh?" Sofia reacted and chuckled lightly.

"I'll get that golden card and that hug from Sofia!" Sejeong said.

"Not my baby." Mina pouted and Sofia blushed lightly. 

"I thought I was your baby." Sohye pouted at Mina.

"Hahaha...RIP MiSo." Somi cackled.

The first group was Sejeong, Chungha, and Chaeyeon. Second was Nayoung and Kyulkyung. The third group is Dodaeng with Yeunjung. Fourth will be MiSo and Somi.

The groups got to their respective boxes and Sofia sets the timer. As the time started, it was a huge amount of fun.

Laughs were shared, even embarrassing moments like how Somi assembled the tree wrongly and Yoojung got herself wrapped in streamers. Yeunjung would trip as she decorated some Christmas balls on their tree. One group was quick as they worked together to get their tree into place. 

"We have a winner!" May clapped. "Sejeong, Chungha, and Chaeyeon."

The others finished and clapped for the three. They got their cards as they were giddy. Sejeong tackled Sofia and was happy. Chungha and Chaeyeon got their hug too.

"I would be squealing." Sofia spoke as she did.

"What about me?" Mina pouted.

"You got your chance." Sohye sighed.

"Jealous Penguin right here." Somi coughed.

"Don't fret everyone. Actually, we have another mission." The producer showed another golden card. "The fifth mission is to guess how long have those Christmas lights been up in the ceiling right there."

They looked up and wondered of the lights. Somi nodded. "Heol...they do look old."

"Filipinos have a clever way with the Christmas lights. They're usually decorated in ceilings the whole year round and it's plugged in every December." Sofia shared, causing the others to laugh.

"Clever indeed." Somi clapped.

"But try to guess how long they've been up there." May added.

"A century?" Kyulkyung guessed.

"Babo. Lights haven't been up there that long." Sejeong spoke. "Hmm...a decade?"

"You're just as idiotic as the ostrich." Chungha sighed.

"Three years?" Yoojung guessed.

Sofia nodded and Yoojung dabbed as everyone wowed that Yoojung guessed it. Sofia shows the old pack of the Christmas lights and the members try to calculate the years.

The pack was of the year 2014. 

"Unnie's right." Somi said.

"Okay. We have lot of days to do the preferences of our winners. Now, what shall we do?" The producer said.

"Let's go to Baguio. I want to see their strawberry farm!" Chaeyeon said.

"Dahilayan Park!" Sejeong said. "I want go on an adventure!"

"I want to visit entertainment labels here. I want to dance~" Chungha grinned.

"And I want to go to the amusement parks." Yoojung said.

"Alright!" The producer cheered. "Let's do them!"

"Sofia-ssi must come too. Ate May too." Mina spoke.

"Of course." The producer nodded.

+++

November 6

Last month, IOI travelled a lot around country. The winners of the golden cards shared their privileges and got them granted.

Sohye was done with hers, including Nayoung and Doyeon with theirs. As long as there's food, Mina's privilege remained. Chaeyeon was happy all of them got to Baguio as she enjoyed strawberry delicacies. Last 13th of October, Yoojung and the others got to Star City and got to various rides. Despite of crying over the intense rides, she tried them. And Chungha was happy that they toured in ABS-CBN, GMA, even TV5.

Today, they were at Bukidnon, where Dahilayan Park was at. Sejeong was excited as she decided what rides they'll have since it was her part of the privilege.

"Dropzone. Then the Ziplines. And we save the buggies for last." Sejeong grinned.

"Include the Flying Lizard, unnie." Somi said. "And wall climbing." 

"Yes. That too." Sejeong grinned.

"I think I'm going to be sick on the Drop Zone." Chungha sighed. "Sofia said it's 120 ft tall."

"Hahaha...save me." Yoojung added.

They all got to the rides Sejeong suggested. The time in Dahilayan Park lasted for three days that they ended up staying there.

+++

"This will be the sixth mission." May announced. "All of you will pair up and get on a buggy. The first buggy to come here wins a golden card."

"Oh yeah. One will have to drive solo." Sofia added.

"I'll do it!" Yeunjung raised a hand.

"Because you're the straight one." Doyeon spoke.

"Hahaha... I'm going to get that card this time!" Yeunjung grinned.

"There's also a catch." The producer said. "The road also has Christmas wreaths scattered around. You need to get one and also get to the finish line first."

"Let's do this." Somi grinned.

Pairs: NaKyul, ChaeSom, SeChung, Dodaeng, and MiSo.

And the cider Yeunjung goes solo.

"Hahaha... I'm a strong and independent woman." Yeunjung said and got to her buggy.

The six buggies line up and Sofia whistles. They drove like amateur drag racers and always overtook when they got the chance. Yeunjung was persistent too, overtaking a lot of the buggies as she used hr preripherals to look for a wreath. She saw one close to a branch and got it.

"Race you, Yeunjung." Dodaeng sped off with another wreath.

"Hmmm...better be safe." Yeunjung said and drove quickly but purely.

+++

May and Sofia waited. MiSo arrived first but they didn't have a wreath with them so it wasn't considered. Dodaeng and Yeunjung were racing for the place since they both had wreaths. Yeunjung sped up and got the spot.

"Nice ride!" Dodaeng cheered and got off.

"Crushed it." Yeunjung spoke as she coughed a bit of dust.

The others arrived later, with ChaeSom on last place. They gathered again as Yeunjung cheered. 

"Filipino drinking~" Yeunjung cheered. "And I want to see the Del Monte Pineapple plant."

"Omg-no drinks for this woman." Doyeon said. "She'll go nuts."

"That won't be part of the edit but...we'll do that." The producer. "Except Somi will have to drink coke."

"Man..." Somi huffed.

"Nice!" Sejeong clapped.

"Okay. But first, we'll visit the Pineapple Plant." 

+++

November 13

Yeunjung was excited as they spent their time of Filipino drinking by their homestay in Boracay. It had the Christmas vibe but they were outside the backyard. There was a karaoke set and a big table. On the table were bottles of hard liquor, bottles of chasers, one glass, and a lot of pulutan.

The members were on one table as the crew was on the other. May and Sofia joined with the members and Sofia went first.

"For the demon." Sofia poured the first shot and poured it out on the grass.

"Why did you pour it out, unnie?" Somi asked as she drank coke.

"It's for a good cause, Somi. If you don't give the first shot to the demon, it is bad." Sofia said.

Sohye was next as she poured some Red Horse and splattered it on Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon cussed as Sohye said. "What? For the demon~"

"The ?" Chaeyeon hissed and wiped herself. "Let me drink that."

The others laughed out loud and got their chances to drink. Somi was still drinking coke as she ate adidas (chicken feet). Sejeong and Yeunjung unwhined by singing Christmas songs with the videoke. May engaged UNO and everyone played. Chungha would cuss because she always lost.

"Wow! 97! I beat you, Yeunjung." Sejeong cooed.

"No, you didn't." Yeunjung huffed and puts on a hat. "I just got 96 because the machine favors you."

"Tagay!" May cheered and drank.

"Tagay!" The others joined.

The drinking rounds continued and most of them became drunk after a few hours. There were a lot of emotions around. Chaeyeon was crying, Yeunjung was laughing, Sejeong was angry when Nayoung hiccupped and squeezed Chungha's and when Mina became flirty with Sohye and Sofia.

"Madness." Somi mumbled and grabbed her phone.

"NO TECHIES!" Nayoung yelled out of the blue.

"Okay." Somi puts her down. "Just eat this sisig (diced pig face)."

Sofia and May were immune so they were sober. The rest of the members were drunk, excluding Somi. 

"Yah...we're our of chasers!" Sejeong hiccupped and threw the bottle away.

"Okay. Role picking time." Sofia said. "Somi, you'll have to be the Roadrunner."

"What?!" Somi huffed. "I have to do those errands?"

"Yes." Sofia said.

"Please come with me, unnie." Somi pouted.

"Okay." May said. "That's two Roadrunners."

"Actually, she's the Roadrunner and the Kung-Fu Fighter at the same time." Sofia added.

"What's a Kung-Fu Fighter, unnie?" Somi asked.

"The one who eats more than she drinks." May said. "You've been eating a lot of quail eggs and drank most of the chasers."

"It's natural since she's still young." Sofia said. "But seriously, the Roadrunner is the worst role. You always do errands. This role is passed on to passive people."

"But I'm an active person, unnie." Somi said.

"You'll have to do it, Somi. You're the only sober member." May said.

Somi nodded and volunteered to list the necessities down. She needs to get...

"One bottle of Coke, one pack of yelo-"

"Yellow?" Somi clarified.

"It's a Filipino term for ice, Somi." Sofia said and Somi took note.

"One package of coffee, Milo if there are none, one bottle of Royal Orange Drink, and-"

"Ate, do I need to buy more glasses too?" Somi asked.

"No, Somi. We share one glass." May said.

"Alrighty~" Somi grinned.

+++

Sofia and Somi were back and May waved a golden card. Somi didn't get it as she puts the rest of the stuff down. Sofia sat down and clapped.

"Why is there a golden card, unnie?" Somi asked.

"This is actually a secret mission, the seventh mission. It's obligatory. If one volunteers to become the Roadrunner and Kung-Fu Fighter, then she wins." May explained. "Since you accomplished the duties, you earn your golden card."

Somi squealed and everyone woke up. Yeunjung was still dizzy as she cheered. Somi cackled and dabbed.

"I got me a golden card~" Somi cheered.

"And what are you going to do with it, Somi?" Sofia asked.

“I want to see the bust of Jose Rizal, like Yeunjung-unnie would want. Also, I want us to celebrate more of Christmas cheer back at Manila. I want to ride a kalesa and a jeepney.”

The producer drank a few and was still a little sober. She heard Somi's proposition and she agreed. She poured herself another drink. “Back to Manila. Tagay!”

“Tagay!” All of the joined in.

+++

November 29

IOI were back in Manila and rented a jeepney for two days. Somi was taught a bit of the mechanics of driving the vehicle and Somi was excited.

The members found out about Somi getting her golden card and everyone wowed. Kyulkyung pouted since she was the only member who hasn’t got a golden card.

“Don’t worry, unnie. You’ll get one.” Somi said. “Because I got the last mission here.”

Somi honked and the members hopped in on the back. May and Sofia got in too, with May beside Somi since she will guide her to where they’ll go.

“Okay. This last mission is for Kyulkyung.” May got the list and the last golden card on her hand. “This will be the most pressured mission since Kyulkyung is the only one who has not gotten her golden card. She’s pressured to successfully accomplish the mission or else, no privileges for her.”

“Wow. This is nuts.” Kyulkyung scratched her head as she whined.

“Somi will be driving all of us to Ilocos Sur, famous for Vigan with the kalesas. Now, Kyulkyung's mission is to find any Chinese citizen around the area during the journey. When we’ll arrive at Ilocos, she’ll also have to ride a kalesa herself and find more Chinese citizens. You have the day to find 12 Chinese citizens.”

Everyone was in awe. Kyulkyung was confused a bit but she was eager to get her golden card. Kyulkyung nodded and asked. “Ate May, can I sit beside Somi to get a better view?”

May nodded and she and Kyulkyung switched seats. Kyulkyung huffed as Somi started the vehicle. May was behind Somi so that she’ll guide her.

“Alright!” Somi cheered and grinned. “Ilocos Sur, here we come!”

“And there better be Chinese people in here.” Kyulkyung said as Somi drove and everyone cheered.

+++

Somi drove the whole duration of 9 hours and 41 minutes. They made stops to eat, to pee, and to fuel up. The journey continued and the rest were asleep, except Somi, Sofia, May, and Kyulkyung as she continued to count.

“Aigoo…I only saw 3 Chinese citizens during the journey.” Kyulkyung sighed. “Are we at Ilocos yet?”

“Almost there." May said.

“Nice.” Somi answered. “We better find some place to stand by soon. It’s almost evening.”

“We have settled that. After the mission, we’ll directly drive back to Manila.” May said.

“I’ll be driving this time so that Somi can rest.” Sofia smiled.

“What an adventure for us.” Kyulkyung sighed.

“It’s part of my privilege, hahaha…and I’m loving it!” Somi grinned.

“That’s four.” Kyulkyung said and continued to count.

+++

IOI arrived at Vigan and rented four kalesas. Kyulkyung rides one alone, Somi and Dodaeng ride the second, May and the unnie line ride the third, and Sofia rides the last one with MiSo and Yeunjung.

“Time check. 10:00 PM. You have 2 hours left to find eight more, Kyulkyung.” May said.

“Right.” Kyulkyung whips the reins lightly. “Let’s go.”

Sofia got ahead to guide Kyulkyung’s direction as May was behind her to guide her with her view. Somi was at the back as she enjoyed herself riding a kalesa.

Kyulkyung looked around and kept count of the Chinese people. The mission itself was almost absurd like how can you determine a Chinese person by looks? Well, being Chinese herself, Kyulkyung had that sense. And during the whole run of their journey, her senses have been right.

She prays to get that sense right here in Vigan. Kyulkyung felt determined to get her golden card.

“15 minutes to go, Kyulkyung.” May spoke.

She found 11 and needed one more. Kyulkyung sighed and continued to look. When May's watch struck 11:50, the route ended.

They were all back at the starting point. Some of them were tired but they had fun, Kyulkyung whined and sighed.

“I lack one more.” Kyulkyung said.

May looked that the crew weren’t looking so she pointed at Sofia. Kyulkyung got the hint and she gasped. Kyulkyung cheered and hugged Sofia.

“Thank you, Sofia-ssi. Wo ai ni~” Kyulkyung spoke. “12! I found the last one!”

The producer looked at Sofia and she nodded. “Congratulations, Kyulkyung! You earned your golden card!”

“Yay! Privileges for me~” Kyulkyung cheered. “I want to go to Binondo~”

“Alright!” Somi cheered and everyone joined. “Finally we can go back!”

Sofia got to the jeepney and they all hopped in. Kyulkyung sat beside her on the journey as they all were asleep. Sofia drove them safely and stopped to cover the windows up before driving again.

Sofia could chuckle. It wad the best dream she could ask for, to meet her favorite group in person and joining with them on their reality show. She remembered that it was almost December. She smiled of the sleeping crew and members.

“The fun has just begun.” She smiled.

+++

December 11

During the first two weeks of December, IOI continued to celebrate the Christmas cheer in Philippines. With Kyulkyung winning her golden card, they all got to go to Binondo. They also went to a Christmas tiangge (fair) and enjoyed themselves eating delicious Filipino food, shopping for Christmas gifts, and meeting new people, even fans.

Their last stop for the day was at Paco Park as they went to see the bust of Jose Rizal. Yeunjung wowed of it, even Somi and the others.

“Did you have fun everyone?” The producer asked as they had their shoot.

“Yes.” IOI cheered.

“It has been a wonderful Christmas celebration here in the Philippines.” Somi added.

“Why do I feel that this is the last?” Yoojung pouted.

Everyone whined. They all looked cute as the producer explained. “Your Christmas celebration here will end on December 26 and you’ll fly back to Seoul. Now, if you exclude today, there are 12 days until Christmas. Tomorrow, a special set of missions will be given to you by May and Sofia.”

“Wow~” Doyeon clapped.

“I’m excited~” Sejeong grinned.

“We’ll share a little teaser. Our theme for the game is 12 Days of Filipino Christmas. In this sheet is the lyrics we made up, a parody of the iconic Christmas song, 12 Days of Christmas. The first phase is to do the activities written in the said song.”

“And what’s the second phase, unnie?” Somi asked.
“Another custom of Filipinos during Christmas is the anticipation of the 9 days of Christmas on a Simbang Gabi, also known as Christmas Novena.” May started.

“A.k.a. Mass of the Rooster.” Chungha said and everyone chuckled. “I did my research.”

“That’s correct. You will also celebrate Noche Buena on Christmas Eve and you’ll have the best and last Christmas party on Christmas Day.” Sofia grinned.

“Okay. That will be all for today. We shall rest in the hotel for now. We’ve got a day ahead of us tomorrow.” The producer said.

“Ne!” IOI nodded.

+++

“Best. Christmas. Ever.” Somi said.

“True. I can’t believe MNet gave us the opportunity to celebrate Christmas here for four months.” Sejeong spoke as she read a Filipino dictionary. “We should practice some Filipino phrases.”

“I know this one.” Yoojung spoke. “Mahangin ba sa labas?

“Nope. It’s hot outside.” Kyulkyung said.

“Hahahahaha…I got one. Mahal ko kayo.” Sejeong said.

“I learned this one.” Chungha shared. “Maligayang Pasko~”

“l have one.” Somi said. “Putangina mo.”

“IOI is OT10. I’m the next center.” Sejeong spoke, flustered.

Chungha sprays holy water. Yoojung reads a bible verse, and Kyulkyung got a cap from an empty Red Horse, filled it on the cap and splattered it on Somi.

“For the demon.” Kyulkyung said.

“It’s Jung Chaeyeon the second.” Yoojung mumbled.

“Did somebody call me?” Chaeyeon asked. “I think I heard my name.”

“Hohoho, losers.” Yoojung averted her words as everyone laughed.

It was better than way than to fell the wrath of the devil itself.

+++

December 12

It was 3 AM but IOI have jolted up as they heard bell ringing.

“What in the…are those church bells?” Yoojung mumbled as she yawned.

“Okay! Kids, grab your s! We’re going to church!” Nayoung called out.

Chaeyeon helped Nayoung in waking the kids up as Sejeong and Chungha went to shower first.

“You better not shower together.” Nayoung pointed out as she carried Yoojung.

“Okay. Okay.” Sejeong spoke.

“I’ll go first.” Chungha said as she got inside the bathroom.

+++

It was the first day of the Christmas Novena and IOI got themselves a special spot outside due to religion. Somi and Chungha helped translate the mass since it was English and they listened throughout the mass, even the young ones loved the message of the homily.

The mass ended for an hour and they went back to the hotel to have breakfast. May and Sofia arrived and IOI greeted them, especially Sofia.

“Ate, I’m excited for the set of games today!” Somi said.

“We read the song in advance. So what are we going to do?” Doyeon asked.

“Okay. The main part of the games are about playing in correspondence to the lyrics. Now, what are the first set of lyrics?” May asked them.

“Hmm…on the first day of Christmas my mahal gave to me...” Somi read.

"Mahal means love, right?" Sohye asked and May nodded.

“…a beki in a jeepney?” Yoojung mumbled. “What is a beki?”

“Isn’t that a gay person?” Chungha asked.

“The game for that is to find a beki.” Sofia said.

The young ones went to grab Sejeong and the Ahjusshi made a run for it outside. The other older members sighed as Nayoung went to follow them.
“Come on. Let’s get ourselves a jeepney.”

+++

IOI have rented a jeepney and a kalesa so that they’ll do the set of games for twelve days. Sofia got the jeepney running and Mina was beside her. The younger members were on the jeepney and May the unnie line were on the kalesa, with Kyulkyung riding the vehicle.

“Alright! This will be the main game for the upcoming days before Christmas: 12 Days of Filipino Christmas.” Sofia announced and everyone cheered. “Following the lyrics, you will accomplish all of them within the corresponding days. The first thing to do is to find a beki, the term Filipinos address to males who have the heart and appearance of a female."

“And you had to get me like what the ?! I ain’t a man!” Sejeong huffed.

“But you’re the gayest.” Chungha addressed.

Everyone reacted and Sejeong pouted. “But I thought you love me~"

“Is that it?” Somi pointed.

She pointed at a jeepney passing by and there was a unusual person speaking some alien language. The person even spoke a word. “Charot!”

“After that jeepney.” Nayoung said.

Kyulkyung rode the kalesa quickly as Sofia caught up, speeding around the boulevard. The two vehicles caught up to he jeepney and saw the said person

“Yep. Gay as .” Sejeong said.

Sofia raised a thumb up and everyone succeeded of the first part.

“We get a reward, right?” Somi grinned.

“Let’s go eat!” Mina said.

“Ate, can we go to Ocean Park? I want to see some penguins and sharks~” Sohye spoke.

“I want to see the seal clap like Doyeon and Yeunjung.” Yoojung grinned.

“Very funny, Yoojung.” Yeunjung said.

“Thank Jesus that I love you.” Doyeon added and everyone laughed.

+++

December 13

After Somi found a beki, the rest of the adventures based on the made up song were completed and done for the duration of 12 days, with the inclusion of attending the Christmas Novena. After the beki in a jeepney came…

…two carabaos…

“That’s carabao grass, you . We’re looking for the animal itself.” Nayoung spoke.

“But if there’s carabao grass, there should be carabaos too, right?” Sejeong asked as she looked for some.

“It’s a water buffalo, unnie.” Mina sighed.

“Found two!” Sejeong pointed at two buffaloes by a creek. “They’re water buffaloes, right?”

“Yep.” Mary said and everyone cheered.

…three parols…

“Yoojung, you got one!” Doyeon cheered

“There’s two more on that pole over there.” Yoojung huffed. “But I can’t reach it.”

Doyeon rode a penny board and got Yoojung with her as they skated by the poles. Doyeon carried Yoojung on her shoulders as the cute midget reached for them.

….four balut eggs…

“Haha…I can’t eat a living duck.” Sejeong scooted the egg off of her side.

“What the ? A living duck?!” Yeunjung flipped out as she looked at the inside.

“Chungha, what are you doing?” Nayoung asked as she looked at the dancing queen slurping the soup of the balut.

“Mmm…the soup's delicious~” Chungha said. “Daddy, pass me the salt.”

Sejeong and Nayoung went to get the mineral together and everyone was damned.

“Oh .” Somi spoke.

“Kingina neto.” Sohye added.

“Language!” Nayoung and Chaeyeon exclaimed.

Chungha ate the head off and she loved it. Mina could almost puke and Sohye sniffled. “She…she ate a ing duck…”

“Babo. It’s dead already. But…gross.” Yoojung cringed.

Chungha shrugged and ate the four balut eggs just to complete the mission.

…five Red Horse drinks…

The unnie line went to the bar and decided to drink a bottle each. But despite their ages and alcohol tolerances, they couldn’t even finish a half each.

“Make way.” Sohye jumped in and drank.

The unnie line hiccupped and their eyes dilated of seeing Sohye drink so quickly. The dongsaeng line also reacted as Sohye continued to drink and maintained her sober self.

“She has learned a lot from the stay at Boracay.” Yeunjung said.

“She did.” Sofia chuckled.

Mina stared at Sohye as she finishes the last bottle. She her lips seductively as Sohye finished. Mina got closer and hugged Sohye almost ually.

“Shall we have ramen and go, Penguin?” Mina asked. “You were so attractive drinking like that.”

“No PDAs please.” May got them off.

“Hahahahaha…get the tangerine in control.” Yoojung spat.

…six dwendes laughing…

Kyulkyung pranked some members on the 17th. As they finished the 2nd day of the Christmas Novena, Kyulkyung and the rest went to eat crispy pata for breakfast. Kyulkyung chuckled as the dongsaeng laughed at each other because of the elf hats they were wearing.

“That’s one great tactic, Kyulkyung.” May said. “You had to dress the dongsaeng line as little elves.”

“Hehe…I got Sofia-ssi to help me.” Kyulkyung said. “She said that dwendes look like little elves so I decided to dress the dongsaeng line funnily.”

“Hahahahaha…consider that a success then.” May said.

…seven yayas cleaning…

“Welcome to the penthouse everyone. This is where we’ll celebrate your Christmas here in the Philippines.”

“But, Ate…it’s dirty.” Yoojung said.

“That’s where our yayas come in.” Sofia said.

Six yayas came to greet the girls and IOI greeted ever so respectfully.

“Wait a minute…they’re only six. There should be one more.” Sejeong said.

“I’ll join them.” Chaeyeon volunteered.

The yayas were concerned for a literal beauty to clean the place with them but Chaeyeon said it was fine. Sofia even volunteered afterwards since one the yayas got sick during sweeping.

Eventually, the place got cleaned and decorated. IOI were thankful to the yayas for helping, even Chaeyeon, completing the seventh part of the mission.

…eight Lola's blessing…

“If the Korean has her Halmeoni, in the Philippines, we have our Lola.” May grinned.

They all arrived at a pension house for the elderly and conducted a special party for them. The elderly were very happy to see such beautiful and wonderful children and they had a wonderful time.

The group got to meet the head of the pension house, an old woman herself. All of them did the custom of mano po. For Doyeon, she blessed her and seven other lolas, thus completing the eighth part of the mission.

…nine sisters singing…

They were on their 5th Christmas Novena mass and the dongsaeng line were really sleepy. Nayoung and Sejeong would comfort the sleeping kids as Chaeyeon and Chungha helped the rest in staying up.

Mina was almost dozing herself during the homily and Sohye pats her back. Mina got up and rested herself on Sohye’s side. As it wad time to rise again, Sohye helped her up. Mina got a glimpse of the choir and noticed nine sisters.

“Nine sisters singing…” Mina mumbled

Sohye saw it and Mina was right. She smiled at her tired tangerine as she concludes that they’ve completed their ninth part of their mission.

…ten ates praying…

It was the sixth day of the Christmas Novena and the mission was that for the prayers of the faithful, the members needed to pray 10 special prayers all in all, excluding Somi since she was youngest and because she was really sleepy.

Nayoung noticed the others so tired. Sofia took note of the prayers and signalled 7 prayers. Nayoung took the responsibility to pray the remaining 3 to complete the mission.

…eleven machos dancing…

They were at the bar and the girls gulped because there were handsome men everywhere. Chaeyeon covered Somi's eyes as they all performed a y dance.

“Papi~~~” Sejeong cooed at a handsome one.

“YaSe!” Nayoung exclaimed.

“You’re not getting laid tonight!” Chungha exclaimed too, making Sejeong behave.

Yeunjung was the third wheel on the group so she can ogle at hot bodies whenever she wanted too. She became the hyperactive bear and squealed of seeing handsome men with handsome bods.

“Did you know Sofia also has a hot bod?” May cooed.

“Hmm…there are only ten. Shouldn’t there be eleven?” Yeunjung asked.

Just then, the ten handsome men disappeared and Sofia was pulled up. The other women cooed and cheered at the top of their lungs.

“There are some of your lost species, Sejeong.” Nayoung joked.

“Hahaha...we're all gay here.” Sejeong spoke.

“Ah…true.” Yoojung facepalmed herself.

Sofia danced ily and IOI were shocked. Sofia got her top off and it showed her top with her black bra and fine muscles, feminine in appearance but they displayed the essence of masculinity, like a macho dancer.

“Wow.” Nayoung mumbled as she maintained her stone look.

“So hot.” Chungha mumbled.

“I’m sorry Chungha baby…” Sejeong spoke then squealed. “…Sofia-ssi, make me pregnant!”

“Haha….face me first!” Chaeyeon spat.

“I’ll have Sofia-ssi, thanks.” Kyulkyung spat.

Sofia danced again and Sohye could drink a lot of beer. Yeunjung counted her off as the last macho and ate a lot of rice.

“The …where did you get a lot of rice?!” Mina wondered.

“I got hungry…and I have my viand right there.” Yeunjung spoke as she ate.

Mina sighed and hissed. “Buzz off. Next to Sohye, Sofia is my baby!”

Dodaeng wowed and applauded of the performance and the innocent Somi wondered how Sofia got such fine muscles.

“How to be you po, unnie?!” Somi yelled.

…twelve sabong fighting...

“ fighting is one of the leisures of the Filipino men. You’ll be dueling and betting your for battle.” May spoke.

IOI nodded and held a male chicken each. Then, Yeunjung asked. “But what about the last one, Ate?”
May called someone and Sofia went to greet the woman with a hug.

“Hi, my bae.” Sofia greeted and IOI whined.

“My baby's taken.” Mina sniffled.

The girl was shocked and greeted IOI. Her stare lasted on Sohye and Sofia chuckled.

“Everyone, this is my friend, Khate. She’s an IOI fan, just like me.” Sofia introduced. “Right, my bae?

“Right, my bae.” Khate said. “Hi, Sohye-ya.”

“And her bias is Sohye. Since my bias is Mina, we call each other ‘bae’. Don’t worry. We’re both single.”

“But taken in some way.” Khate chuckled.

Sohye was privileged to meet her fan. Khate squealed and grabbed the last make chicken.

“Okay. I’ll be the twelfth member that you’ll be against with.” Khate grinned.

IOI and Khate divided into two groups and had their fighting duels. May and Sofia enjoyed the sight. For IOI, they had their missions completed it was the best Christmas time in their entire lives.

+++

With the completion of attending the Christmas Novena and the 12 Days of Filipino Christmas game, IOI and the three special friends got back to their penthouse to prepare a spectacular feast for the evening, the typical Filipinos call ‘Noche Buena'.

“Yay~ there’s Quezo de Bola~” Yeunjung cheered with Chungha.

“May, is this lechon cooking right?” Sejeong asked as she rolled the pole where the pig was roasting

“Mm…needs more fire.” May said as she fans the fire.

“Is the kare-kare alright, my bae?” Khate asked.

Sofia got a taste that made Mina and Sohye inch closer. Sofia and Khate fed their biases some samples and they wowed.

“Who knew the nutty taste goes well with meat?” Sohye said.

“It’s good, Ate.” Mina smiled.

The rest of the members helped in decorating the place. When it was evening, they got their place ready. They also put on some Christmas themed clothes and costumes and gathered themselves in the lobby.

“Omo-I heard some people singing.” Somi said as she looked by the window. “Ate, there are visitors.”

“Hmm…the food won’t be eaten by us only. It won’t run out.” Nayoung said. “After their carolling, let them come in and let them join us for dinner.”

The dongsaengs nodded and Somi got out to greet them after they sang. They heard squeals and Somi got them inside. They greeted the visitors and they squealed to meet the rest of IOI.

“They’re fans, unnie.” Somi grinned.

“Jeziah?” Sofia spoke. “Jeanne? Jane?”

The visitors went to hug Sofia and they adored the sight. Sofia introduced them to the girls as they were obliged to meet them.

“Jeziah here is also an IOI fan. Her bias is Chaeyeon.” Sofia said.

“Awieeee~ let me hug you. You’re my number one fan now.” Chaeyeon went to hug her.

“Chaeyeon-unnie and her narcissistic side. Be careful everyone.” Somi mumbled to the rest of the guests.

“I heard that!” Chaeyeon said. “What are we waiting for? Let’s party!”

+++

The Noche Buena was a blast. IOI had fun meeting new people, eating a lot of food, and celebrating the Christmas cheer.

Nayoung was talking with Sofia, May, and Khate of the fun they had in the Philippines during the Christmas season and in behalf of the group, she was thankful.

“That’s not a problem, Nayoung-unnie. We’re thankful of this opportunity too.” May started.

“For us being your fans and for letting us accompany you throughout your time here, we’re thankful. We’re glad that you, the rest of the members, and the production team had a wonderful time here.” Khate added.

“But it’s sad. It will be our last tomorrow.” Nayoung said.

“Don’t worry about that, unnie. You’ll be having the last Christmas celebration tomorrow.” Sofia finished.

Nayoung was called by the youngest to join them in a game. Nayoung chuckled and joined them.

Now…what would be in store next for their pearly oriental Christmas?