Runaway with Daddy

The Month Before Yuletide

Lim Nayoung always had the stoic look. But somehow, her counterpart Kim Nayoung was following her footsteps. They looked at each other with stoic faces as nudges were felt by their shirts.

"Daddy, daddy!!" A cute baby Hyeyeon nudged Kim's shirt as she sat on her lap.

"Appa, appa, appa~!!" A very hyper baby Xiyeon was pouncing onto Lim and massaging her cheeks with her little hands. 

"You still sane?" Lim asked.

"Yep." Kim answered.

"Stoney, my darling~~" Jieqiong arrived with Hana.

The kids let go of their daddies and their mommies went to hug them. The two Nayoungs sighed in relief, almost fainting on top of each other. Hana giggled of the sight, especially towards her Nayoung.

"Honey~" Kim went to hug Hana and their baby Hyeyeon.

"Thank goodness." Lim sighed and got to Jieqiong and Xiyeon. "I thought we're going to be stuck here forever...waiting..."

"You're exaggerating, Nayoung." Jieqiong said. "We just went shopping for Christmas Eve."

"Appa~!!" Xiyeon pounced onto Lim and cuddled onto her.

Lim would've said to Jieqiong that watching over their hyperactive baby was annoyingly tired but she didn't want Jieqiong to get mad. Xiyeon hearing about it and crying about it the whole day was more annoying. Kim felt the same with Hyeyeon but it's not the hyperactivity that made her insane. It was her attention-seeking and her cries. Nonetheless, the couples walked together and the daddies held their children.

"Are Sejeong and Chungha joining us for this year's family Christmas?" Bora asked.

"Yes. They'll bring their baby Sohye." Jieqiong said. "Exy and Seola will bring their baby Yeunjung, Roa and Yuha will bring their babies Yewon and Kyla, and Mimi and Haebin will bring Mina."

"Hmm...Heehyun and Chaeyeon texted too and they'll bring baby Somi." Lim said.

"Appa, appa, appa~~" Xiyeon gurgled as she was slapping Lim's face.

"W-What?" Lim asked and calmed her down.

"Love...you." Xiyeon giggled.

"Awww~~" Jieqiong and Hana squealed.

"Love...Daddy." Hyeyeon gurgled at Kim.

Lim was always sensitive everytime Xiyeon said those words, as if her troublesome side was tossed aside. Lim hugs her baby tight and cried like a potato. A stone potato.

"I love you too, my Xiyeon." Lim sniffled.

"Aigoo, my Stone has gone sensitive." Jieqiong wiped her Nayoung's tears off.

"My Nayoung here looked like she got back from vaccination." Hana said as she looked at her Nayoung hugging Hyeyeon like a teddy bear.

"I love you, baby." Kim hugged Hyeyeon back.

Lim and Kim regained themselves and walked with their families since there was still more shopping to do.

+++

"Let's have the party at Mimi's place!" Hana spoke through the phone.

Sounds great! Let's text the others! Oh, and have Exy ask Xuanyi to bring seaweed since our baby Sohye loves them.

"Okay, Sejeong." Hana chuckled. "See you at the party."

She hung up and watched her father and daughter. Nayoung was already asleep and Hyeyeon held onto her sleeping figure and got up. Hana was excited as she captures a video of Hyeyeon walking.

"Aigoo, my baby is walking~" Hana could cry as Hyeyeon drew closer.

"Mommy." Hyeyeon reached her little hands towards her and Hana went to guide her.

"Aigoo, that's my baby~" Hana hugged her and carried her.

"Mommy...Daddy..." Hyeyeon pouted and pointed at a sleeping Nayoung.

"Daddy...sleeping." Hana spoke for Hyeyeon to understand.

Nayoung got up and yawned. She got frantic and looked under the big teddy bear. Hana sighed and went closer. "Honey. Our Hyeyeon is right here."

Nayoung sighed in relief and Hyeyeon went to hug her. Nayoung hugged back and went back to playing with her teddy bear. Nayoung and Hana adored their little girl as Hana lets Nayoung watch a video.

"Omo-Hyeyeon can already walk?!" Nayoung asked.

"Yes. Isn't this lovely? Our baby is finally learning." Hana smiled.

Nayoung thought about it and gulped lightly. If Hyeyeon can walk, does that mean she'll have to chase her if she gets hyper?

"It is." Nayoung hid that idea and nodded.

+++

Stone Nayoung was sweating bullets as she was in drastic situation with Xiyeon's dirty diaper. She hed gotten rid of the diaper and would've wiped Xiyeon's clean and wet bum when she watched her child crawling so fast.

"Xiyeon." Nayoung huffed and placed her on the station again.

Nayoung got the necessities, starting off by wiping her bum, putting some hypoallergenic powder and opening the diaper. As she did so, Xiyeon rolled over and crawled again. Nayoung got her back as she quickned the pace and got the new diaper on Xiyeon.

"Aigoo...why you gotta be so hyper?" Nayoung huffed.

"Da-Da." Xiyeon spoke and spreads her arms.

Nayoung gone soft and hugged her baby close. "You're just as hyper as your mother."

"I heard that." Jieqiong smiled.

Nayoung laughed it off and Jieqiong went to kiss her lips and Xiyeon's. They look at their baby moving a lot as Nayoung puts her down and she crawls like lightning.

"It took a while to get her diaper on. She's hyper." Nayoung wiped her sweat off.

Jieqiong chuckled and hugged her wife's waist as the sat and watched Xiyeon. Xiyeon stopped crawling and rolled herself. She was on her crawling position by the stool as she grabbed the legs and supported herself slowly.

"Our baby's learning to walk!" Jieqiong got excited and recorded it.

Nayoung was the concerned Daddy as she went to her slowly to catch her just in case. She backed away lightly so that Xiyeon can learn by herself. Nayoung got on one end and called. "Xiyeon-ah~"

"Hehe... Da-Da." Xiyeon saw her and attempted to walk towards her.

Nayoung watched Xiyeon walk slowly yet surely. Jieqiong recorded everything as Xiyeon walked and went to Nayoung. A few steps closer and Xiyeon trips herself but Nayoung got to her and caught her.

"Aigoo..." Nayoung hugs her baby and rocks her lightly.

Xiyeon chuckled so cutely and Jieqiong went closer and they watched the video.

"That's too adorable." Nayoung said.

"Our baby Xiyeon can walk! Maybe the next time she walks, she can run off to." Jieqiong clapped.

Nayoung felt her ears ring. Was she mistaken? Was she hearing things?

Did Jieqiong just say the possibility of Xiyeon running around if she knows how to walk?

"Honey? You okay?" Jieqiong asked as Nayoung was staring into space.

If Xiyeon were to run around, I'd be a tired Stone Buddha forever.

"Nothing...nothing." Nayoung spoke.

+++

The Christmas gathering came. Kim was busy putting on Hyeyeon's bear onesie as Hana was finished prepping herself.

"I'll finish this. You go and change now, honey." Hana said.

Nayoung nodded and grabbed her Christmas-themed jacket and went to grab the food they'll bring to the gathering. Once they were all ready and a honk was heard, Hana and Nayoung got outside. 

Lim and Jieqiong were at the van with their cute Xiyeon wearing a white dress, just like a Christmas angel. Kim and Hana got in, with the mothers and children on the back and Kim and Lim on the front seats. They drove to a villa and they could wow.

In retrospect, all of them lived luxurious lives but amongst them, one family was the grandest and lived on that said villa. As they got the van parked, the daddies went down. The mommies went to get the children while the daddies went to being the things they brought. They got inside the villa and were greeted by a family, with their cute daughter dressed as a reindeer and had a binky on .

"Mina-ya~~~" The mommies ogled as they greeted her.

"Imo." Mina spoke and Mimi caught her binky.

"Hyeyeon say hi~" Hana waved her little hand.

"You too, Xiyeon." Jieqiong joined in.

The babies waved at each other and the parents ogled. Hana and Jieqiong greeted the parents as the daddies got the stuff placed on the proper places.

"Wassup', homie!" A troublemaker dabbed and they did too.

"Manly women." The troublemaker's wife mumbled.

The two Nayoungs greeted the two and ogled at Mina. She grinned so cutely that Kim could pinch her cheeks to death. "Damn, Mimi. You and Haebin got good genes for this cutie."

"I know. Mina got her cute cheeks from me. My Mommy Haebin has Mina's eyes and grin." Mimi said.

The other families came and they greeted each other. Heehyun and Chaeyeon had a hyper baby Somi on Chaeyeon's arms, Roa and Yuha had a calm baby Kyla and a giggly Yewon on Yuha's strong arms, Exy and Seola came with a running baby Yeunjung as Sejeong and Chungha got baby Sohye walking slowly in between.

"What a Christmas time for us." Haebin clapped of the familes with their babies.

The mommies went to set the table and the tall chairs for their babies to sit. The daddies went to set up the play area for the children, with Mimi and Yuha watching over the children while everyone worked. As everyone finished, the children were carried to their respective seats with the parents.

"Alright." Mimi clunk a glass lightly to calm everyone. "Yeunjung-ah, why don't you say grace?"

Of the babies, Yeunjung was the first one to know how to talk. Exy and Seola pat their baby's back and she said a short yet meaningful prayer and everyone dug in to eat.

+++

The parents would've had the typical hyper type of Christmas party but they couldn't help but ogle at their children because of their cuteness. They were gathered in the play area as Chungha would take pictures of them looking adorable on their onesies.

Yeunjung was the panda bear, Sohye was the penguin, Mina on her reindeer onesie, Hyeyeon was still on her bear onesie, Xiyeon changed onto a cat onesie, Kyla looked cute on her dinosaur onesie, Yewon was the cute unicorn, and Somi was the cute baby giraffe.

"Omo-we're out of snacks." Haebin spoke as she checked the cupboards.

"Come on. Let's earn to buy them." Sejeong said and everyone contributed, especially the daddies.

"Who will buy them?" Seola asked.

"Me." Stone Nayoung raised her hand.

"I'll come with you." Kim added.

"Okay, you two poles. You need to get these." Mimi said as she got a list.

The two Nayoungs nodded and Lim kept the list on her pocket. Their wives kissed their cheeks and waved lightly to the babies. They went off when a sickening cry filled the place. 

"Da-Da~~~!!" Xiyeon sniffled and wailed.

"Appa~~" Hyeyeon joined her.

The othr babies went silent as the grown-ups covered their ears. Jieqiong ran towards Stone Nayoung and whispered. "You need to bring the babies with you."

"Huh? But we won't be long." Stone Nayoung reasoned. "And what if they run off?"

"Nayoung! You're bringing Hyeyeon!" Hana spoke to Kim.

Kim ran outside when Hyeyeon cried louder, disturbing everyone, even baby Yewon was going to cry until Yuha went inside the play area and comforted her. Hana stormed towards Nayoung and pinched her ear. "Bring. Hyeyeon. With you."

Stone Nayoung didn't have a choice too as she went back to the play area and Xiyeon reached her cute arms towards her. Nayoung sighed and carried her. The wails stopped and Xiyeon cuddled onto her Da-Da. "Come on, Kim. Bring Hyeyeon."

She sighed and carried Hyeyeon, comforting her. The two daddies bid goodbye for a while and carried their children. They got to the van and Stone transferred the other baby seat to the front so that Xiyeon can sit at close proximity. Kim and Hyeyeon were at the back as Kim got Hyeyeon to her seat, giving her a rattle so that she won't cry again. Stone checked the chair before letting Xiyeon sit. She buckled her belt and gave her a binky so that she won't wail again. Stone got her seatbelt on and turned the van up a notch.

"Aigoo...this is going to be a long Christmas." Lim sighed.

"Tell me about it." Kim mumbled.

+++

The trip was silent as the children slept along the way, even Kim. Not long after, they arrived at the mart as Lim got the van parked. She woke Kim up with a little honk and she jolted up. The children were still asleep as Lim got Xiyeon out of her seat, being careful not to wake her up.

"How about one of us goes to buy the stuff while the other stays in the van to watch the kids?" Kim suggested.

"We can't. Either of them will cry and disturb some civilians. We have no choice but to take them with us." Lim said.

Kim sighed and got a sleeping Hyeyeon slowly off of her seat. The daddies got out carrying their children as Lim locked the car. They got to the mart, getting a basket each as they went inside. Xiyeon felt the conditioned air as she woke up and hugged Lim.

"Aigoo, my little trooper is up." Lim mumbled.

"Mine too." Kim added as Hyeyeon woke up in her arms.

Xiyeon fidgeted onto Lim's grasp as she looked down. Lim got the gist as she puts her down and the cute child got on all twos. Hyeyeon wanted to get down too so Kim got her down and walked. Kim looked at the list as Lim did too.

"Okay. You'll get these stuff on Isle 4 while I get the rest as Isle 10." Lim instructed.

They decide to start when the froze. The children were gone and it was the start of their nightmare inside the mall on Christmas Day.

"!" Stone Buddha cussed and ran with Kim.

They separated their tracks as Lim thought of Xiyeon's interest in princessy stuff. She stormed towards the the isle where there were toys and there was Xiyeon, her eyes on a doll. Stone could almost flip out because of this as she got to her baby and Xiyeon gurgled and laughed, reaching her arms. "Da-Da."

"Don't run off again." Lim sighed and held her hand.

"Da-Da~~ doll..." Xiyeon didn't listen and stayed put as she points at the doll.

"Goodbye savings." She sighed. "Okay. Da-Da will buy you the doll."

Xiyeon was happy that she ran off again but Lim was eager to catch up to her baby.

+++

Kim huffed as she found Hyeyeon frozen onto place as she gazed at a stuffed sheep. Kim saw her little legs shivering and she went to carry her. Hyeyeon hugged her Appa quickly as she comforts her.

"Aigoo...you shouldn't have ran like that. You made me worried sick." She sighed.

Kim carried Hyeyeon as she went to get the necessities. She finished last since she was carrying a basket and Hyeyeon at the same time. She finished with her part of the list and Lim met her by a vacant cashier with little Xiyeon by her side, holding her shirt.

"What took you so long?" Lim asked.

"I'm carrying weights here." Kim answered. "Come on."

The two got to the cashier and paid. They got their groceries in paper bags as Xiyeon held onto her doll. Lim was still running to her and she held her hand going towards the van. Kim was with Hyeyeon as she lets her walk after she calmed. They got the groceries by Kim's side as they helped their children towards their seats. They got seated as Lim drove back to the villa.

+++

"You look famished." Yuha commented.

Xiyeon and Hyeyeon went to hug their mommies and went to play with the other babies. The two Nayoungs greeted their wives and slumped on the couch, exhausted.

"We're not bringing the kids again." Stone Nayoung huffed.

"Not again." Kim Nayoung added.

So much for the two. They spend their time of Christmas with their babies as the babies had their fun on their runaways with their daddies.