The Gift

The Month Before Yuletide

"IT'S MORNING!!"

Nayoung and Minkyung woke up quickly due to Eunwoo's yell. The two unnies got up to see what's going on when they saw Eunwoo, Yebin, and Kyulkyung jumping around. Yewon was by the couch with Kyla as they watched the three idiots.

"What a morning..." Nayoung yawned.

"Morning, Leadernim." All of them spoke. "Morning, Minkyung-unnie."

"Good morning." Minkyung said back.

"Unnie, where's Oppa Kyung?" Yebin asked.

"Asleep like the deadass she is. I'll wake her up." Minkyung said.

Yewon and Eunwoo came with her to wake up the other two dongsaengs who were sleeping. Minkyung got to their room, seeing a blondie snoring by the messed up bed, as her joggers became loose. Minkyung chuckled and got on top of her.

"Won~" Minkyung mumbled. "Wake up~"

"I don't want to wake up. Five more minutes..." Kyungwon yawned.

"Come on, baby. Wake up~" Minkyung pressed onto Kyungwon harder.

"Min." Kyungwon huffed. "You're stepping on my calves."

Minkyung was quick to get up and Kyungwon was quick to jolt up. Kyungwon rubbed her calves and she stretched as Minkyung hugged her. Kyungwon smiled and hugged her back.

"Kids, grab your s! It's breakfast time!" Nayoung yelled.

"Come on." Kyungwon held her hand as they decided to go.

Minkyung stopped Kyungwon pointed at her messy bed. Kyungwon sighed and hastily fixed it, chuckling of the fact that her girlfriend loved to clean and anything messy to be cleaned.

"Done." Kyungwon said. "Now can we go?"

"Okay." Minkyung nodded and retrieved her hand.

+++

Minkyung was by the stairs of the company, mopping. Seungyeon passed by when Minkyung almost slapped her white shoes with the messy mop.

"Unnie, not my white Vans!" Seungyeon huffed.

"Pass by the side please. The stairs haven't dried." Minkyung said.

Sungyeon nodded and moved by the side. Minkyung noticed Seungyeon holding a lot of things as she asked her. "What's in the bag?"

"My gift for Yewon this Christmas Eve, Unnie." Sungyeon said. "We're going to have exchanging gifts on Christmas Eve remember?"

How could she forget? Every Christmas Eve, they all gather around and give gifts towards each other. All members of the group were couples so they exchanged gifts with each other. Last year, she got Kyungwon a stuffed bear and she got a necklace from Kyungwon.

"Hmm... I'm curious for Oppa Kyung's gift for you this year. She always gives the best gifts to you, Unnie. Almost perfect, I must say." Sungyeon said.

And then the little bundle of savageness went up. Minkyung checked the calendar, 28 days till Christmas, 27 till Christmas Eve. As much as she had loads of time to prepare a decent gift for Kyungwon, she panicked inside.

Because to her, Kyungwon gave the perfect gifts between them. And now, she wanted to give back the most perfect gift for Kyungwon.

+++

Nayoung and Jieqiong got home first when they were shocked of a messy living room and a beautiful pole collapsed on the floor. 

"Minkyung, what are you doing?" Nayoung asked.

"Practicing a dance." Minkyung said. "I wanted to give something perfect and special for Kyungwon. Maybe a dance will be nice."

"Your practice sure paved a storm in the living room. The place is a mess." Jieqiong spoke.

"I got clumsy with the space. Don't worry. I'll clean it up." Minkyung said and resumed.

Nayoung and Jieqiong watched her and they found it cute but worrisome as Minkyung slipped and spilt water by the floor.

"Nayoungie, let's help Unnie." Jieqiong pouted.

Nayoung nodded. She grabbed the remote and turned off Minkyung's music, causing the girl to freeze and stumble.

"Let's clean the place up." Nayoung said. "Jieqiong and I will help you, okay?"

"Why didn't you say so?" Minkyung pouted. "Finally, Stone Buddha answered my prayers."

"Yeah, yeah." Nayoung nodded.

+++

Minkyung was scribbling on a piece of paper but ended up throwing it on the trash bin flooded with other papers she crumpled.

"Unnie, you're wasting paper. What are you doing?" Siyeon saw her.

"You're also wasting the good trees in this world." Eunwoo spoke as she was by Siyeon's side.

"Pft. You can't even plant a bean sprout." Siyeon said.

"Rude." Eunwoo spoke. "Be thankful that I love you, you little princess."

Siyeon grinned. Minkyung found the sight so sweet but she resumed scribbling. The two kids got closer and they figured her little attempt.

"I wanted to compose Kyungwon a song but I got no ideas for lyrics." Minkyung pouted.

"Hmmm..." Siyeon got a piece of paper and wrote something.

Eunwoo and Minkyung watched and the two were in awe. Minkyung got her paper and said. "Why didn't you say so? Just help me!"

"Right on it." Siyeon saluted then pulled a shiba inu who tried to escape. "You're staying to help, Nunu."

"Ddiddi~~" Eunwoo whined. "I'm hungry."

"Well." Minkyung called someone on her phone. "We could get something to eat while composing."

+++

Yebin huffed as Kyla got the extinguisher and they got the fire our of their dorm. The couple checked on the stove as Kyla got a box of pancake mix by the counter.

"Who the is trying to cook here?!" Yebin hissed. "I thought our dorm would get roasted!"

Minkyung appeared and slipped on butter that fell from her hand. Yebin and Kyla sighed and helped their Unnie up.

"What were you cooking, unnie?" Kyla asked.

"Yeah, you almost set our dorm on fire!" Yebin was frantic. "What's with the butter and pancake mix?"

Minkyung whined and the couple decided to calm her down. "I wanted to make Kyungwon some chocolate ice cream and chocolate chip hotteok." 

"Just order a stock of it for Christmas Eve, unnie." Kyla sighed. "You almost burned the house and slipped on butter."

"It's by baby saying that you're a clumsy pole." Yebin cackled.

"You're right." Minkyung sighed. "But I wanted it to be perfect and special foe Kyungwon."

"Binnie, let's help Unnie cook." Kyla said.

"Not a bad idea, baby." Yebin grinned.

"Why didn't you say so? Sheesh..." Minkyung said as she gave the box. "Now help me with this."

"Yeahboi." Yebin nodded.

"Okay." Kyla added and they started cooking.

+++

It was Christmas Eve and Pristin gathered for their exchanging gifts. Each couple was given an opportunity to give each other gifts. Minkyung was nervous of hers as Kyungwon was relaxed.

Minkyung and Kyungwon were last as Kyungwon got a box. "Merry Christmas, baby."

"Smooth." Yebin approved.

Minkyung thanked her and opened the box to see a ring. Minkyung was shocked as Kyungwon held her hand.

"Won..."

"Min...you've wanted it for a while. We may have our makeshift promise rings but I wanted to give you something better." Kyungwon got the ring and puts it on Minkyung's ring finger. "Merry Christmas again, baby. I love you so much."

The thrre idiots cooed and Nayoung and Kyla released some confetti. Minkyung was ecstatic as she tackled her Oppa Kyung for a hug.

"Much better than a drama." Jieqiong was wiping her tears.

"Classic." Eunwoo applauded.

"Agreed." Siyeon said.

Minkyung relieves herself as she wondered if she could ever give Kyungwon her gift. Kyungwon's gift was so perfect. She thought hers would be a complete failure.

"Min? Is everything okay?" Kyungwon asked.

"Come on, Minkyung. Just give Kyungwon her gift." Nayoung said. "She'll love it."

The rest of the members nodded. Minkyung got her assurance and nodded before facing Kyungwon. "In order to get your gift, you need to come with me." 

"Okay. Where are we going?" Kyungwon asked.

Nayoung and Jieqiong puts thick jackets on the two while Yewon and Sungyeon put on their scarves. Eunwoo and Siyeon pushed the two outside and Yebin puts a blindfold on Kyungwon and Kyla shoved something on her pocket secretly. Minkyung thanked them before coming with Kyungwon for her gift.

+++

Minkyung guided her tall Oppa towards a place. It was really cold and snowy outside and Kyungwon would sometimes slip on the snow. They arrived at the place and Kyungwon was seated.

"Min?"

"We're here, Won." Minkyung grinned and got rid of the blindfold.

Kyungwon adjusted her vision and she was taken aback. She wowed of the snowy view of the park, seeing the ambiance of Christmas. She looked at Minkyung and she did a dance while singing a Christmas song. When she was done with her performance, Kyungwon clapped.

"There's more." Minkyung grinned and got something from her bag.

Kyungwon opened the box and there was hotteok topped with ice cream. Kyungwon wowed. "My favorite~"

"I cooked that for you." Minkyung said as she got her own box and ate.

"Really?" Kyungwon got a taste. "Woah~ this is delicious~"

Minkyung and her ate together and watched people having fun together. Kyungwon thought this evening was the best time she ever had. She felt Minkyung lean on her shoulder and Kyungwon summed up this wonderful gift.

"Thank you, Min." Kyungwon said. "This is the best gift ever."

"There's one final gift." Minkyung said. "Check your jacket's pocket."

Kyungwon did and felt something. She got it out, showing a necklace. Minkyung smiled of Kyungwon's shocked look that she puts the necklace on her.

"The other part is right here." Minkyung showed her necklace. "Merry Christmas, baby."

Kyungwon teared up. Minkyung adored this cute side of her Oppa Kyung that she wiped her tears. Kyungwon smiled.

"Yah...this is the most perfect gift I could ever receive from you, Min. I'm so happy~" Kyungwon said. "I really love you."

"I love you too." Minkyung replied.

They shared a hug and kiss and resumed eating their hotteok on a cool breeze.

Kyungwon was really happy for her gift. Minkyung was too, seeing her Oppa Kyung so happy and saluting herself for a perfect gift.

Then again, she'll have to thank the others later.