Soon It's Christmas

The Month Before Yuletide

The thought of you keeps haunting me
And it's your face I always see
Wherever I go, I always remember
Soon it's Christmas, yes, it's Christmas
But you're not here anymore

"Sungyeon?"

Sungyeon stopped strumming as a signature smile greeted the girl by the door of their practice room. She wouldn't have reacted but she always the spots for the girls, especially to the members her age.

And with Yewon, how can she not react?

"Come inside." Sungyeon motioned.

Yewon got inside and Sungyeon strummed lightly. Yewon would listen and joined along to sing, creating a perfect melody anyone can listen to forever. They sang one song throughout the transition as an applaud was heard after Sungyeon stopped strumming.

"Nice. Nice." Siyeon was at the door with Kyla.

"What are you doing here?" Sungyeon asked, almost pissed.

"No need to get testy, our mighty goddess of savageness." Siyeon commented.

"Heol...Sungyeon-unnie only says things savagely if deemed necessary." Kyla added.

"True." Sungyeon nodded. "Anyways, what brings you two inside?"

"Just passing by to see lovebirds during the season." Kyla answered.

Yewon blushed lightly and Sungyeon loved how cute she was, almost flustered as she blushed too. And with coos from Siyeon and Kyla, Sungyeon could almost kick .

"Actually, the food's ready. Minkyung-unnie tasked us to call you two." Siyeon answered.

"Okay. Go ahead. We'll catch up." Yewon said.

Siyeon shrugged and pulled Kyla to come with her. Sungyeon went to put her guitar back in place as Yewon stood up and held her hand, joining her as they exitted the room.

+++

Pristin were eating dinner together. Nayoung noticed Sungyeon eating so quietly as she inititated talk towards the savage maknae.

"Sungyeon, is there something wrong?" She asked.

Sungyeon had been too serious and too quiet for everyone's good. Yewon was worrying as she asked her as well. For Sungyeon, she wasn't usually the expressive type but she had something bothering her.

Like Kyla, they grew up overseas, specifically in the US. And like any holiday, they would travel back and forth. With the Christmas season approaching, she would have to travel back and forth again with Kyla to celebrate with family. Kyla's case was different but for Sungyeon, it was a different picture.

And in that picture, it would cost time with Yewon.

"Nothing. I'm just tired, I guess." Sungyeon answered and resumed eating.

The unnie line sensed something wrong, the three idiots were indulging on the food, and the dongsaeng line were talking to each other. 

But for Yewon, she knew why Sungyeon acted like that. Then again, she accepted the fact. But why does she feel bad when she thinks what if it'll happen again?

+++

The last time it was us together
But we just can't make it last forever
What can I do each time I remember
Soon it's Christmas, ooh, it's Christmas again

Yewon would've continued singing but remembering Sungyeon caused her to stop. Yewon sighed and gasped lightly as she saw Sungyeon by the door.

"Yewon, can we talk?" She asked.

Yewon nodded and got to the door and was face to face with Sungyeon. Sungyeon wasn't used to Yewon frowning but it was what she was witnessing now. 

"What's wrong?" Sungyeon asked.

"Uhh... I'm just thinking..." Yewon spoke. "With the Christmas season around the corner, I thought of you...and that you'd go back to America to celebrate with your family."

It was one thing she was concerned of. She wanted to celebrate Christmas here in Korea but she had her family on the other side of the globe. "Yeah...I will..."

It was the same answer every year. Yewon understood during the first years out of true consideration. But now, she felt sick of it.

But who was she to be sour? She couldn't have an option to refute. And she hid that grudge pretty well with another smile.

"Yah..." Sungyeon cupped Yewon's cheeks. "...smile for me, please..."

And Yewon did, making Sungyeon lose all her bad vibes. And with that, the fact of the sadness and longing disappeared.

+++

Though the stars shine so bright
I just can't feel so right
If I can't find a way to be with you again on Christmas day

"Unnie, you okay?" Siyeon noticed the girl sing and ended so down.

"Well...can a ball of sunshine like me be sad?" Yewon pouted.

"You miss Sungyeon-unnie?" Siyeon asked and the ball of sunshine nodded.

Sungyeon and Kyla went to the airport together for their trip back home to celebrate Christmas. For the rest of the members, they managed to celebrate with family and now, they were celebrating as Pristin in their company.

Despite of the holidays, they were also working for their comeback. That lasted for almost half the day as they finished.

"Okay, everyone. We shall all go home to get ready and be back here for the Christmas party." Nayoung said.

"Too bad Sungyeon and Kyla can't join us." Eunwoo sighed.

The rest nodded too. For Yewon, she was a bit sour. The members went down the ground flooe to head home.

"Yewon." Kyungwon called. "You have UNO cards right?"

"They're at the dorm, unnie." Yewon said.

"Can you bring them so that we can have that as part of the games later?" Kyungwon asked.

Yewon nodded as all of them separated ways. Yewon grabbed a taxi and stopped by their dormitory to get the cards before going home to get ready.

She got to the door and opened it to get inside. She got to her room and got the UNO cards. She got out of the room when she heard a guitar strum.

"Huh?" Yewon was shocked. "Who could that be?"

The thought of you keeps haunting me
And it's your face I always see
Wherever I go, I always remember
Soon it's Christmas, yes, it's Christmas
But you're not here anymore

The sound came from the living room. Yewon got to that part of the dorm and she froze, gazing at the mysterious guitar player.

The last time it was us together
But we just can't make it last forever
What can I do each time I remember
Soon it's Christmas, ooh, it's Christmas again

"Yewon-ah..." It was none other than Sungyeon.

Yewon was ecstatic to see her but she couldn't believe it that she had gone speechless. Yewon got closer and Sungyeon lent a hand. "Sing with me."

Yewon could only nod as Sungyeon lets go a bit to strum again.

Though the stars shine so bright
I just can't feel so right
If I can't find a way to be with you again on Christmas day

"Yeah yeah~" They ended singing so beautifully.

Yewon then hugged Sungyeon tight. Sungyeon got her guitar placed on the couch as she hugged the girl back.

"Sungyeon-ah...I thought..." Yewon was loss for words.

"My family actually came here instead and visited me. Kyla was the only one who went back to America to celebrate." Sungyeon said. "That's why if you noticed me, I didn't bring a big bag." Sungyeon held Yewon's hands. "It's because it's about time I celebrate Christmas with the one I love."

Yewon smiled brighter than the Sun and hugged Sungyeon again. "I love you."

"I love you too. Now come on..." Sungyeon said and held her hand. "...we have a party to go to."