Love and Snowball Fights

The Month Before Yuletide

“Luda, grab your goddamn axe. We’re going to get wood!”

Luda huffed as she got up from lying on the couch. She went to get an axe in the garage and when a smiling dumb was carrying a bag for the lumber, Luda tossed the axe towards her. “Get some yourself, Soobin.”

“Ruuuude~” Soobin babbled.

“Yo, Bona-unnie!!” Luda called.

Bona was at the kitchen preparing lunch. She sets the table before she got to the aid of Luda.

“Sheesh, Luda. For someone so tiny, you’re a big .” Bona sighed. “What do you want?”

“Wake Yeunjung up. Let her come with Soobin to get wood.” Luda said.

“You’re the goddamn girl scout. Just come with her.” Bona spat.

“Nah. I’ll be meeting with friends for a snowball fight.” Luda grinned.

“Yah! Let me come with you!” Soobin whined. “And who you callin' ‘Soobin’? I’m a year older than you!”

Luda cackled and readied herself with a meeting instead. Bona sighed of her and Soobin huffed and slapped the of another person sleeping on the couch. “Wake up, Dumber.”

“You’re Dumber between us, you dumb.” Yeunjung spoke as she yawned. “Why are you waking me up at this hour?”

“We’re getting wood.” Soobin sighed and pulled Yeunjung up to come with her.

+++

“It’s snowing~” Eunseo cheered.

“Let’s go play in the snow~” Exy added.

“Have your lunch first. Then you can go and play.” Seola said as she got the table set. “And you’re joining me inside, Exy. You’re too old for snow.”

Eunseo laughed at the older woman as Exy sighed and slapped Eunseo's shoulder lightly.

“Dawon, you want to play in the snow?” Seola asked.

“Hmm…I’ll just walk around.” Dawon said.

“Let me come with you.” Exy grinned.

“Haha…you’re not going anywhere.” Seola batted. “Come on. Let’s eat.”

They rushed towards the table and got to their seats. Seola tells Dawon to say grace and they dig in.

+++

Luda was outside her home and walking towards the meeting place while pulling a big sled. She got to a snowy field and below of it was a little valley. She grinned as she was excited to play in the snow. But the one thing she was anticipating was the snowball fight.

She saw three people making a snowman down the valley. Luda got her sled and rode down, heading towards them.

“Wassup!!” Luda cheered as the sled stopped.

“Hey, Luda.” Eunseo waved. “Finally you came.”

“We thought we were going to get bored making snow angels and snowmen.” Sungso added.

“Now that we’re all here.” Meiqi got a ball of snow. “Let’s play. Two teams. Dodgeball style.”

Luda grinned and got to one end whereas Sungso and Eunseo gathered. Meiqi and Luda did a heads up, making balls of snow for them to throw. Eunseo and Sungso got themselves in position as they started their game.

+++

Dawon loved a peaceful snowy day. She loved the way the seasons change, that the ground is showered with white, and that she’d see little chidren enjoy themselves outside, playing.

Usually, she had a place she liked to visit during the Christmas season. It was in a field. From that point of view, you could see a valley and you also see an overview of trees and mountains. And that’s where she wanted to stop by.

Dawon arrived and ran up as she was excited to see the view. She marveled once more as she saw the trees and mountains from afar. She looked down the valley and a new sight of four girls having a snowball fight caught her attention.

"So that's where Eunseo's at..." Dawon chuckled.

Somehow, her eyes stayed in view of the shortest of them. She adored how pretty she was and how funny she was. Dawon wanted to walk around the valley so she went down. She got herself towards the end when…

*slap*

Dawon shivered of the contact. She rubs her cheek, seeing snow by her gloved palm. She heard Eunseo yell and looked to see the four girls frozen as three of them pointed out the shortest one.

+++

Luda would’ve had the usual fun of snowball fights during the Christmas season. After Meiqi and her wiped Eunseo and Sungso out, they got their turn of being hit. Afterwards, the four of them were scattered and ran around, throwing snowballs. Luda was the most hyperactive as she was quick in reloading and throwing snowballs at the three.
She got a large snowball and aimed it far where Eunseo was running. She threw it but it missed Eunseo…and it hit another person in the distance.

“Oh .” Sungso hissed.

“You’re screwed, midget.” Meiqi spat.

"Yah! How could you hit my sister like that?!" Eunseo yelled.

The girl faced the four of them. Luda looked at Eunseo pointing at her and Meiqi and Sungso did too. Luda slapped their hands off and got closer to the woman that got hit, doing so slowly since she thought she was pretty.

Wow. Who knew love at first sight was real?

“Oh no.” Luda was worried as she saw the woman rub her cheek. “I’m so sorry.”

“No, it’s okay. You got excited, that’s all.” She answered.

“No, it’s not. I feel awful.” Luda spoke. “What’s your name?”

“Nam Dawon.” The girl answered.

“Lee Luda.” She shook her hand. “I’m really sorry for hitting your face.”

“That’s fine.” Dawon said.

“How about you join us for a snowball fight?” Luda offered.

“Hmm…I don’t usually play…but okay.” Dawon grinned.

Luda and Dawon walked side by side towards the other three.

"Hey, sis." Eunseo greeted. "Sorry if my midget friend hit your face with a snowball."

"Haha, that's okay." Dawon said. "And stop teasing your pretty friend."

Luda blushed at that statement and everyone cooed.

"Join us and play." Eunseo said.

"Okay." Dawon nodded.

Dawon also got to meet Sungso and Meiqi and they scattered around to begin the game.

It was like the petty side of war and they were having fun. Sungso was throwing snowballs while rolling around, Eunseo yelled like a Spartan as she threw, Meiqi would dodge pretty quickly while throwing, Luda would throw large snowballs while gawking at Dawon, and Dawon joined in as she had fun for the first time in her entire life celebrating Christmas.

*slap*

Sungso, Meiqi, and Eunseo clapped as Dawon got to hit Luda in the center of her face. Luda wiped it off and Dawon froze, thinking that Luda might get offended.

Instead, she blushed and smiled. For Dawon, it was one of the most wonderful smiles she had ever seen.

“You got me. Even Steven.” Luda said.

*slap*

Luda throws another at Dawon. Dawon grinned and threw back. Luda threw another at Eunseo and all of them had fun again.

Luda thought it was such an wonderful snowy day as she met her first love. For Dawon, it was a first to have fun on Christmas as she meets new friends, especially Luda.

+++

“Luda~”

Luda looked back and Dawon hugged her, pecking her cheeks. “Come on, dinner’s ready.”

Luda and Dawon went back inside the restaurant and got to a table where Eunseo, Sungso, Meiqi, and Xuanyi were at.

“What were you doing outside, Luda?” Eunseo asked.

“Watching kids have fun on the snow. It reminded me of our Christmas times as kids.” Luda answered.

“Even a memory that Luda and Dawon started their love story.” Meiqi coughed and everyone cooed.

“Please! You also had that with Xuanyi.” Sungso stuck a tongue. “She was eating warm Kim and you had to hit her face as she ate.”

“Hahaha…I thought that my Kim tasted like snow.” Xuanyi spoke and they all laughed.

“Well…now that we’re older and having dates, we should level up our celebration of Christmas as friends through late dinners.” Eunseo addressed.

“No. We need to keep that ritual in the morning. And then we’ll have dinner.” Sungso said.

“Nice.” Dawon clapped lightly. “So…another bowl of kimchi?”

“Definitely.” They all answered.

“How about you, Luda? Another dose of my love?” Dawon asked.

Everyone cooed again. Luda pouted and pinched Dawon's cheeks as she answered. “Definitely.”