Six

BACKSPACE

** LISA’S POV **

 

 

I was smiling towards her and saw that she was not.

 

 

Staring direct to her eyes were confusing but i just tried my best not to mixed up with lots of thoughts.

 

 

What is she thinking?

 

 

Do i have dirt in my face?

 

 

 

Is my face ugly?

 

 

 

Cause i don’t really put too much make up though.

 

 

 

Our eyes keep it’s intact as we stare at each other and our face are just inch away from each other.

 

 

 

She was so serious and i can’t even read what she wants to tell me through the contact.

 

 

 

“ Why are you so naive? “ she asked

 

 

 

Huh?

 

 

 

Jennie caressed my face and i flinch a little with her actions towards me.

 

 

 

“ Jennie “ i whispered

 

 

 

Our eye contact didn’t break til her hand was on my neck already.

 

 

 

She tip toe a little and can see that she was about to close the gap between us but i don’t mind.

 

 

 

I forcely closed my eyes and just wait for it if ever what happens.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“ Jennie!! “

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then we both saw Jisoo open the door that made Jennie histerically remove her hand on my neck and stand straight facing Jisoo.

 

 

 

“ Are you guys done with the food already? The decorations are done and we already prepared the cake also “ She asked

 

 

 

“ Can you please help me arrange the food, Jisoo? “ i asked

 

 

 

Jisoo nodded and also tell Jennie that she should help her because i cook too much for 5 persons.

 

 

 

“ Carry that tray, Jennie and I’ll carry these “ Jisoo said

 

 

 

I finished the last dish and prepare it too as they leave the house and fix the table outside.

 

 

 

I am still puzzled with what happened.

 

 

 

Is Jennie sad?

 

 

 

Is she going to hug me?

 

 

 

Or is she going to kiss me?

 

 

 

How come she’s serious?

 

 

 

Does she need someone to listen her stories?

 

 

 

I scratched my head and had lots of question in my head as i leave and prepare with them outside.

 

 

 

They started to scream as they sing happy birthday while Hanbin is putting a birthday cap on Jennie.

 

 

 

I get my hand phone and took a picture of them singing to Jennie which is a very good memory for me before i leave them.

 

 

 

As i focus on Jennie, i can see the happiness in her smiles before she blow the candles.

 

 

 

I was smiling as she blow it and was very satisfied on what i am seeing right now.

 

 

 

Why didn’t i befriend with them before?

 

 

 

Maybe because i am not pushing myself hanging out with them?

 

 

 

“ You’re 21 now, what did you wish? “ Bobby askes

 

 

 

Everyone was waiting for her answer but then i saw her smiles turns into a worried one and look at me.

 

 

 

I was continuously capturing picture but when they asked her, I saw in my screen how she look at me with a worry face.

 

 

 

That made me raised my head and look at her.

 

 

 

Our eyes met and she was not breaking the contact.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“ I wish no one will leave me soon and continously stay by my side while we still breathe “ 

 

 

 

Jennie.

 

 

 

I can’t.

 

 

 

You know that.

 

 

 

You’re the only one who knew what will happen in the future.

 

 

 

And what will happen after months pass.

 

 

 

“ I hope we stay complete “ Jennie then smiled and wear a bright smile on her face.

 

 

 

“ Of course we are! “ Hanbin smiled

 

 

 

All of them rush towards Jennie and hugged her so tight.

 

 

 

I thought i need to capture this moment and cherish it as i will leave this unto them soon.

 

 

 

And when they break the hug, they realized that i’m not part of the group hug.

 

 

 

“ Yah, go hug the birthday girl. I’ll take the picture “ Bobby said as he walk towards me and get my phone.

 

 

 

“ Go hug our Jennie “ Hanbin said as she smiled

 

 

 

I look at Bobby and signal me to go.

 

 

 

Then i look at Jennie who was waiting for me if i will hug her or not.

 

 

 

I smiled.

 

 

 

Of course i will.

 

 

 

I walk slowly til i reached her and put her both arms on my neck as i stare at her.

 

 

 

“ Happy birthday, Jennie. I wish you all the goodness in this world and you deserve all the happiness that god will give you“ i smiled

 

 

 

 

I can see how Jennie’s smile turns into a forlorn one and start burrying her face on my chest.

 

 

 

“ Don’t say that, Lisa “ she whispered

 

 

 

I kissed her forehead and hug her tight.

 

 

 

“ You were the bestest friend that i ever had and god knows how grateful i am to redo things in the past which is currently where we are right now. Thank you, Jennie “ I whispered

 

 

 

Then she break the hug and face me.

 

 

 

“ You’re not going anywhere right? “ Jennie asked

 

 

 

Then Jisoo laughed,

 

 

 

“ Like Lisa will leave like a rebel cat, Of course she won’t you dumb “ she said

 

 

 

I smiled.

 

 

 

“ This should be a happy night for you so stop being like this and let’s celebrate it til we feel our cheeks being numb because of happiness “ I said as i slowly wipe her tears though it’s just few.

 

 

 

Bobby was taking picture as we do hear the click sound from my phone.

 

 

 

Then Hanbin reacted.

 

 

 

“ Why both of you look good together like a couple “ he said

 

 

 

Then Jisoo join them as they look at the pictures.

 

 

 

“ These two should date for real “ Bobby whispered

 

 

 

“ You know Lisa, You fool “ Jisoo slap Bobby that made Hanbin agreed to Jisoo.

 

 

 

“ Well maybe miracle works ? “ Bobby said

 

 

 

I was watching them and still Jennie was attached to me as i felt her hands are cold.

 

 

 

I grab her hand and rub it with mine.

 

 

 

“ You didn’t get your jacket again “ I said

 

 

 

So i remove mine and put it to her.

 

 

 

“ Always put your jacket, okay? “ I said as i smiled while zipping it.

 

 

 

 

“ Shall we eat now? “ I said as i look at them who is still in a dazed looking something in my phone.

 

 

 

Then they look at me and just nodded.

 

 

 

I hold Jennie’s hand and guide her to the chair so that we can start eating already.

 

 

 

I bet all of us are hungry because of preparations to a successful birthday party.

 

 

 

We all have a simple celebration and as requested, I bought Alcohols too but i won’t be drinking.

 

 

 

I need to atleast remain normal to look after them.

 

 

 

Seeing them infront of me was another page that i need to write in my book that contains happiness.

 

 

 

Beside me was the reason while i’m still alive.

 

 

 

After all i need to leave soon.

 

 

 

The person who was helping me with the struggles of being stucked.

 

 

 

Jisoo

 

 

 

Bobby

 

 

Hanbin

 

 

 

And Jennie.

 

 

 

It was all nice to meet you again.

 

 

 

Then i look at the person sitting beside me who is wearing a bright smile on her face while these people making her happy on her day.

 

 

 

What a good thing to redo past with these kind of people.

 

 

 

“ CHEERS!! “

 

 

 

All of us raised our glasses with me drinking an orange juice while them are beers.

 

 

 

“ More happiness to us! “ Hanbin shouted and smiled

 

 

 

“ More good things to come “ Bobby said

 

 

 

“ More moments like this in the future “ Jisoo smiled

 

 

 

“ More laughs and smiles in our faces “ Jennie said

 

 

 

And when it’s my turn

 

 

 

I smiled

 

 

 

 

“ More time for us to cherish every presence of each and everyone “ 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

We spent 3 hours of talking and laughing as we spent the night with lots of smiles and laughs celebrating Jennie’s birthday.

 

 

 

The more they drink, The more they’re getting bold.

 

 

 

Bobby starts dissing the karaoke for being drastic and messed up 

 

 

 

Hanbin start dancing wearing that bald wig.

 

 

 

Jisoo starts putting lots of beer bottles in her shoulder and head

 

 

 

While Jennie was just laughing on what they are doing.

 

 

 

Life is so happy.

 

 

 

With these people around you.

 

 

 

I was just smiling the whole time.

 

 

 

Look at how precious this moment is.

 

 

 

“ Should we play a game? “ Jisoo asked and put all the beer bottles on the table.

 

 

 

“ What game? “ Hanbin asked

 

 

 

“ Truth or Dare “ Bobby answered and calmed down as he sit down.

 

 

 

“ Okay okay. I’ll start now then “ 

 

 

 

Jisoo put the bottle in the table and start turning it.

 

 

 

I never played this game so why not try?

 

 

 

The bottle slowly stops and it points Bobby.

 

 

 

“ Wait this is not fair “ He widened his eyes and start arguing with Jisoo who turned the bottle

 

 

 

“ You scammed me “ Bobby complaints

 

 

 

“ No i didn’t, calm the down and choose between TRUTH OR DARE “ Jisoo said 

 

 

 

Then i watched them playing it and had lots of laugh with Bobby who is now kind of drunk.

 

 

 

He was actually out of his mind and Hanbin starts slapping his face as he tell him to get her head straight because he’s saying nonsense.

 

 

 

And when his turn is done.

 

 

 

Bobby turn the bottle and pointed me.

 

 

 

“ Ha ha, Now Lisa “ Bobby gave me an evil smirk and asked.

 

 

 

Jisoo, Jennie and Hanbin was anticipating it because Bobby do tell lots of stuff that he is observing.

 

 

 

Bobby was observing everyone which is not in a scary way but something that he is curious sometimes according to Jisoo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“ Don’t you like Jennie? “ He asked

 

 

 

I frowned.

 

 

 

“ What are you talking about? of course i like her “ 

 

 

 

He shook his head and clarify things.

 

 

 

“ I mean why can’t you just two date each other!! “ Bobby groaned and scratched his head.

 

 

 

What is he talking about?

 

 

 

“ I’m so fed up with both of you seeing how sweet you guys are, Can you two just date “ Bobby complain

 

 

 

I just laughed how cute he is complaining about it.

 

 

 

“ Oy Jennie. Don’t you like Lisa? “ Bobby asked as she pointed her with a bottle of empty beer.

 

 

 

 

Jennie was about to answer but Jisoo stopped Jennie.

 

 

 

“ Wait for me in here “

 

 

 

Then Jisoo stand up and go inside the house for a minute then all of us was confused with what’s happening.

 

 

 

After a minute Jisoo leave the house and holding a lie detector test.

 

 

 

Jisoo put it in the table and push it towards Jennie.

 

 

 

“ Hanbin, help Jennie with that one “ Jisoo said

 

 

 

So he put Jennie’s hand on the machine and wrap it up as Bobby look at Jennie eye to eye.

 

 

 

“ Wait i’m not the one that the bottle pointed “ Jennie said

 

 

 

Bobby shook his head

 

 

 

“ Nope. You’re involved in this baby girl now stop complaining and answer me. “

 

 

 

I was looking at both of them and confused the hell out of me.

 

 

 

“ Jennie, do you like Lisa? Not as a friend but as someone that you want to work a relationship with? “ Bobby asked

 

 

 

But i can see that Jennie was kind of drunk already yet she answered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“ Yes “

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nope.

 

 

 

I don’t think so.

 

 

All of them are looking forward on it til the green light appeared and everyone was shouting.

 

 

 

“ OKAY WE HAVE LOVE BIRDS HERE! “ Hanbin shouted and smiled

 

 

 

Jennie.

 

 

 

No.

 

 

 

 

“ You know what Jennie? Life is short “ Bobby said

 

 

 

And it made me think of my time again.

 

 

 

The time that they only gave to me to finish my business here.

 

 

 

 

“ Life is short so better get your of that chair and start conversating with Lisa. “ 

 

 

 

Then Bobby tapped both of Hanbin and Jisoo’s shoulder and signal them to get some sleep already because he’s kind of dizzy already.

 

 

 

“ I need to go upstairs already before i end up sleeping on the porch “ Bobby said as he walk really drunk.

 

 

 

While Hanbin and Jisoo slept already on the table.

 

 

 

“ Jennie “

 

 

 

“ Hmm? “

 

 

 

“ Can we help Jisoo and Hanbin to go upstairs? “ 

 

 

 

She nodded and start carrying Jisoo on her back.

 

 

 

Hanbin managed to go upstairs but these two cannot so we both help them go to their respective rooms and sleep.

 

 

 

When i succesfully put Hanbin to bed, Jennie and I both leave the room and stare at each other awkwardly.

 

 

 

I don’t know what to feel anymore.

 

 

 

I think this is not right.

 

 

 

“ Aren’t you sleepy? “ Jennie asked

 

 

 

I shook my head.

 

 

 

“ You can sleep first if you’re sleepy already “ i said

 

 

 

Jennie nodded and just pass me by.

 

 

 

But then some part of me can’t resist the feels inside me.

 

 

 

I stopped Jennie from going to her room by grabbing her wrist.

 

 

 

She looked at me and frown.

 

 

 

“ Why? “

 

 

 

“ Are you drunk? “ i asked

 

 

 

She shook her head.

 

 

 

“ I drink a little but i’m not drunk, Why? “ 

 

 

 

I just look at her eyes and wants to explain everything but i cannot.

 

 

 

This might be the end of everythingn.

 

 

 

I have mission that needs to be solved.

 

 

 

I can’t just meddle to other people’s live just because you want to attach yourself from them.

 

 

 

Then i look again at her.

 

 

 

 

“ Jennie what is this “ 

 

 

 

I have the continous question on loop.

 

 

 

What is happening.

 

 

 

I shouldn’t be doing this.

 

 

 

“ What is happening? “ i asked

 

 

 

I have lost my mind already and having lots of thoughts on why is this even happening.

 

 

 

“ I don’t what’s happening anymo.. “

 

 

 

Jennie then step herself closer to me and had her lips on mine.

 

 

 

I was in state of shock but i can how her eyes closed while my lips were in between us.

 

 

 

What is this.

 

 

 

Why do i feel like my internal organs were about to burst.

 

 

 

Why does my heart start beating so fast.

 

 

 

What is this feeling.

 

 

 

I can feel lots of mix emotion right now.

 

 

 

As second passed by

 

 

 

I find myself closing my eyes also til Jennie’s arms were on my neck already.

 

 

 

My time is limited, Jennie.

 

 

 

But why is this happening?

 

 

 

Jennie pull me more from her as she brush her lips unto mine and i do feel a little bit hot already.

 

 

 

What is this feeling.

 

 

 

I am not even sick to have fever.

 

 

 

But then i find it comfort.

 

 

 

Why am i feeling lots of emotion?

 

 

 

Then i slowly felt the absence of her lips on mine as she face me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“ I like you, Lisa. Please stay “

 

 

** END OF LISA’S POV **