Five

BACKSPACE

** JENNIE’S POV **

 

 

What did i just do.

 

 

My lips were still in her cheeks and i feel the abnormalities in my heart beat already.

 

 

 

And when i look at Lisa she was just smiling that made me more feel the hotness and felt the warmness in my cheeks.

 

 

 

“ Daebak “ Jisoo said as she look at us and we both look at her.

 

 

 

“ Get a room “ A student shouted

 

 

 

 

Some are jealous and some find it sweet.

 

 

 

But mostly find me annoying maybe because they like Lisa?

 

 

 

“ No, Thank you Jennie “ 

 

 

 

Then Lisa hold both of the Bear’s hand and act like the Bear will hug me, I just find myself being so happy with what am i seeing right now.

 

 

 

I quickly hugged the bear and bury my head on the bear’s neck then saw Lisa who was smiling as i raised my head a little.

 

 

 

Then find myself and her pointing each other’s nose.

 

 

 

How can you be so calm, Lisa?

 

 

 

You we’re still smiling while i am?

 

 

 

I’m having hard time trying not to flinch with her presence closer to me.

 

 

 

“ I’m happy that you’re happy “ 

 

 

 

Lisa.

 

 

 

Why did you even live again?

 

 

 

Are you going to mess up my life or are you going to change it for good?

 

 

 

Those smiles.

 

 

 

I feel like..

 

 

 

I don’t want to stop looking at it.

 

 

 

And i don’t even want to let that smile disappear from my sight.

 

 

 

 

When the bell rings, students groans.

 

 

 

Lisa just look around and laugh at their reaction.

 

 

 

“ You should go to your class now, Jennie “ She said 

 

 

 

No.

 

 

 

Please stay for a while.

 

 

 

Lisa was about to let go of the bear but i stopped her and hold her hand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“ Will you walk me in our classroom? “ 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lisa nodded.

 

 

“ Okay, since it’s your birthday “ 

 

 

 

She hold the bear and i was holding the roses.

 

 

 

“ I am happy, Lisa “ i said as i was sniffing the roses that she gave me. 

 

 

 

She look at me and never remove that smile on her face.

 

 

 

“ I’m happy too “ 

 

 

 

And when we both look at the door of oyr classroom, everyone was jumping in joy as they get their bag and leave as soon as someone announced something.

 

 

 

“ Why? What’s happening? “ i asked

 

 

 

“ Mr. Choi cannot make it on tine but asked us to do the assignment, it will be sent on kakao “ My classmate said and quickly leave.

 

 

“ Jennie “ 

 

 

I turned around and saw Lisa scratching her head.

 

 

 

“ Can we just celebrate your birthday at your home? I’ll just run an errand and buy drinks “ 

 

 

 

She’s such an angel.

 

 

 

“ Okay “ 

 

 

 

But Lisa grab my wrist and was about to stop me from getting my bag.

 

 

 

“ Can we unwind for a while? Before we go home? “

 

 

 

“ Aren’t you going with me and stay to celebrate? “ i asked

 

 

 

“ It’s not that.. I mean can we go and do the groceries? “ 

 

 

 

I frowned.

 

 

 

“ Why will you do the groceries? We can just order food “ I said

 

 

 

“ Well.. “

 

 

 

She scratched my head and sighed.

 

 

 

“ Can i just cook so that we won’t go outside “

 

 

 

Oh.

 

 

 

“ And i think i should cook you seaweed soup right? “ Lisa asked

 

 

 

Oh right!

 

 

 

“ Do you even know how to make that? “ 

 

 

 

She nodded.

 

 

 

“ Of course, now let’s go get your bag“

 

 

 

Then we both enter the classroom as she quickly get my bag and hold it.

 

 

 

Some girls where looking at how tall Lisa is and They find her very pretty as they’re really interested in her.

 

 

 

“ Let’s go now before they eat you with their eyes “ 

 

 

 

I was about to give her my keys but i asked her first.

 

 

 

“ Can you drive? “ 

 

 

 

“ Yes. Why? “

 

 

 

 

When i was about to hand her my keys, a scene appear in my head which happened a year soon.

 

 

 

As i look at the television, a car crashed in the middle of the road due to slippery road and it’s snowing so hard.

 

 

 

“ The car reported that the driver tried not to crash with the car who was still in a run while the traffic lights are red and crashed on the side of the road “ The reporter said

 

 

 

As the news keep going i saw a blonde on the hospital bed being pushed by te nurses with lots of blood in her uniform.

 

 

 

“ It was the same uniform as mine “ I thought

 

 

 

“ It was reportedly a foreign student from a university here in Seoul and she was under coma right now due to the heavy impact “

 

 

 

And find myself running in the hallways and saw Jisoo crying outside the operating room with some foreign people near her.

 

 

 

“ Jisoo “

 

 

 

When she quickly saw, She run towards me and hug me so tight.

 

 

 

“ Jennie, Lisa~ah “

 

 

 

She was sobbing so hard and break the hug as she look at me.

 

 

 

“ Lisa was about to meet me but then.. but then “

 

 

 

Jisoo didn’t finish her sentence and saw lots of people crying as i look around.

 

 

 

And it was a signal that life ends at the moment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“ Jennie? “ 

 

 

 

Then i was snap out of reality as i thought of it.

 

 

 

I look at Lisa who is purely looking at me.

 

 

 

Lisa can sacrifice her life for someone she even don’t know.

 

 

 

How can she be so selfless.

 

 

 

How can she just let someone live with her life on risk.

 

 

 

I shook my head.

 

 

 

“ Nothing. I’ll just drive ourselves “

 

 

 

I should note this.

 

 

 

I won’t let Lisa drive anything.

 

 

 

I’d rather drive for her rather than making another mistake of her.

 

 

 

More like i don’t want her to be selfless for other people.

 

 

 

We were talking and talking on what do i want to eat on my birthday and i just told her that i really like to eat Bean sprout stew and at the same time i would like to eat burgers.

 

 

 

“ Ohhh burgers. You want me to add hotdogs and lemonade too? “ Lisa asked and smiled

 

 

 

“ It’s like you’re making my birthday a 4th of July celebration “ I laughed

 

 

 

We both laughed and continued talking about how seriously i want to eat burgers.

 

 

 

Lisa added it then asked for more like should we decorate nor what cake do i want.

 

 

 

All i can see was Lisa taking notes but i can’t see if she really is taking notes.

 

 

 

But i can see her using her phone.

 

 

 

We do still continue as we enter the grocery and get everyhing we needed.

 

 

My hand were clinging in her arm and she pushing the huge cart we need.

 

 

“ You guys have fun drinking alcohols while i cook, okay? “ Lisa said

 

 

 

“ Aren’t you drinking either? “ 

 

 

 

She shook her head.

 

 

 

“ I don’t drink “ 

 

 

 

Well i can’t just force this angel to do bad things cause i know anyone can’t make her bad.

 

 

We do spent almost an hour buying lots of stuff so both of us quickly go home and Lisa started cleaning and chopping meat and vegetables already.

 

 

Jisoo and Bobby was outside decorating while Hanbin go for an errand while Lisa and I left inside the house. 

 

 

 

I even saw how Lisa was so fast at cutting and cooking dishes but then i saw how messy she is in cooking.

 

 

 

“ Slow down, Lisa “ 

 

 

 

She didn’t repond and just proceed with the cooking.

 

 

 

“ And now you’re ignoring me “ I laughed.

 

 

 

She giggled.

 

 

 

“ Sorry “ she said in english and i find it really cute.

 

 

 

But then i realized,

 

 

 

She’s not wearing any apron and her shirt was a mess.

 

 

 

Aigoo.

 

 

 

Why can se be so reckless just to make her work faster.

 

 

 

When she start cooking again, I quickly put the apron on her as she was shocked on what is going on.

 

 

 

“ You should use apron you dumb “ i said

 

 

 

Then she peak and little.

 

 

 

“ Your boyfriend must be lucky “ 

 

 

 

I shook my head.

 

 

 

“ I don’t have a boyfriend, want to sign up? “ I laughed

 

 

 

Lisa shook her head and laughed.

 

 

 

“ Nah. I’m good being alone “ 

 

 

 

“ Then should i sign up on you then? “ 

 

 

 

“ I’m not looking tho “

 

 

 

“ Stop rejecting me “ i said as we both laughed.

 

 

 

“ Can i just stay at your house? I can be a good housewife? “ I joked

 

 

 

She just laughed.

 

 

 

“ You’re place is more bigger than mine and i can’t afford to have a house wife plus we’re still underage so that means no “ 

 

 

 

Ohhhh.

 

 

 

What a logical reason.

 

 

 

 

“ Why do you keep on pushing me away? “ i asked as i laughed

 

 

 

“ I’m not pushing you away “ She laughed

 

 

 

“ Then should i pull you? “ 

 

 

 

Lisa kind of pull me literally and we almost close the gap between us.

 

 

She don’t even flinch a little as we both kind of have the close contact.

 

 

 

Our faces were just inch apart and Lisa just wear her smile on her fave with full of purity and innocence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“ I can only do is to pull you literally “

 

**END OF JENNIE’S POV**