Fifteen

BACKSPACE

** JENNIE'S POV **

 


I enter the house and saw no one downstairs but then saw Lisa's shoes in the rack so i assumed she was upstairs.

 

 

 

" Lisa, i'm home " i shouted

 

 

 

So when i open the door, i saw her facing the glass window looking at the busy street and didn't even turn around to look at me.

 

 

 


I wonder what's wrong.

 

 

 

So i just approached her and hugged her in the back.

 

 

 


" I'm home ~ " i whispered

 

 

 


Then i felt her hand covering mine as i hug her from the back.

 

 

 


Why do i feel like i didn't see her for days?

 

 

 

Why do i feel like i missed her that much?

 

 

 

But i think that's normal because i always miss Lisa when i'm not with her.

 

 

 

" How's your day baby? " she asked

 

 


Then she turned around and faced me.

 

 

 


" School is okay, You go home early. " i answered

 

 

 

She nodded.

 

 

 

We had this staring contest where were both really into it and i love how it feels so good staring at my wife.

 

 

 


Nobody knows the feeling of getting back the love from the person you wanted to spent the rest of your life.

 

 

 


" Can i kiss you? " Lisa asked

 

 

 

 

 

" Of course you can " i giggled

 

 

 


Lisa smiled and slowly moved her face closer to mine as our lips met and felt of each other's warmth.

 

 

 

It's so rare for us to have this moments since Lisa lead the kiss.

 

 

 

 


But still, everytime i kissed Lisa.

 

 

 


I had these butterflies in my stomach.

 

 

 


That i want to feel whenever i am with her.

 

 

 

 

I pulled her from me and start deepening the kiss. 

 

 

 

I heard a little moan from Lisa and she slowly carried me in a bridal style as she catch my lips again.

 

 

 


It feels like i was in my comfort zone.

 

 

 


We stopped and stare at each other's eyes as i caressed her face and cherished the view i had right now.

 

 

 


Her eyes were soft.

 

 

 


" I love you, Jennie "

 

 

 

" Never forget that " she continued

 

 

 

I can't even make a sentence on what will i tell Lisa but all i did was pulling her from a kiss and continued with it.

 

 

 


Words can't describe how i feel right now.

 

 

 


I surrender myself to Lisa.

 

 

 


She was my everything.

 

 

 

You never failed to make me skip a beat and make me feel like i'm the happiest person who live in earth.

 

 

 


All i remember was Lisa and I poured all our love to each other that night.

 

 

 


As i open my eyes,

 

 

 


I saw none of Lisa's presence beside me already. 

 

 

 

So i assume she's downstairs already to prepare our breakfast.

 

 

 


But then i heard my phone rings and saw my boss's name on the screen.

 

 

 

What?

 

 

 

I look at the clock and it's 8:30 am but then i wasn't satisfied with it and look for a calendar.

 

 

 


" No.. "

 

 

 

 

2017.

 

 

 

 

My heart starts to fasten it's beat as i look for Lisa's things in our room but nothing was there.

 

 

 


No clothes

 

 

 


No shoes

 

 

 

Nothing.

 

 

 


But then there was this piece of paper in the table that caught my attention.

 

 

 


I was hesitating to pick it up.

 

 

 


Because i'm not yet ready on what will happen.

 

 

 


But it happened already.

 

 

 

I am denying everything.

 

 

 

 


In out of nowhere,

 

 

 


I still have this hate in mine.

 

 

 


I pick it up and open the piece of paper.

 

 

 


Where i familiarized Lisa's hand writing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie,

My sweet lovable wife of mine. You are the best thing happened to me and to my entire life of existing in the earth. From this moment, i know everything changed. I don't know how will i express what i feel right now while writing this message but all i know is that i was happy and grateful to meet you in my life. Everything might be back to normal where you left to stay with me for a while, but memories remains. From this moment, I can't ask from our creator to look after you and have a happy life. Jennie, from the very first that we talk and from the last moments we had. It will remain in my heart til i arrived at wherever God will take me.


I love you so much, Jennie Kim. Til we meet again 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No.

 

 

 

 

This is not happening.

 

 

 

 
Before i put down the letter, I saw a ring in the table.

 

 

 


When i look at it.

 

 

 

 

 

It was my ring. 

 

 

 

 


It has Lisa's name carved under it.

 

 

 

 

It was mine.

 

 

 


Where's her ring?

 

 

 


Did she left it here?

 

 

 


Does anyone know?

 

 

 


Does anyone knows about us even the past rewrites itself?

 

 

 


No.

 

 

 


This is not happening.

 

 

 

 

I grab my keys and start the engine of my car to drive myself from the cemetery.

 

 

 

 

" No.. "

 

 

 

 

 

Lisa.

 

 

 

 

 

 


I don't care how fast i drive.

 

 

 

 


I don't care if i will crash someone's car.

 

 

 

 

That would be good for me to be with Lisa than living here without her.

 

 

 

 

I don't care.

 

 

 

 

I need answers.

 

 

 

 


I stopped at a certain grave and quickly get out of the car to check.

 

 

 

 

 

I had mental breakdown and just fall from my knees.

 

 

 

 

 


" Lisa.. "

 

 

 

 

I had my tears flowing already as i cry so hard finding out the answers that i wanted to know.

 

 

 

 


All i can see in that grave was my wife's name.

 

 

 

 


And i feel useless.

 

 

 

 


All i can do right now is to cry.

 

 

 

 

It's because i didn't even had a proper good bye to her.

 

 

 

 


And i didn't even had the last chance to say to her how much i love her.

 

 

 

 

" Lisa, Why? " 

 

 

 

 

 


" Why all of a sudden? " 

 

 

 

 

I was crying in front of her grave while on my knees and i can't even accept the fact that starting this day..

 

 

 

 

I need to start the day without her.

 

 

 

 


" I love you " i whispered in the air as i sob

 

 

 

 

 

You don't know that i am hurt right now.

 

 

 

 

From your sudden leave.

 

 

 


You're so unfair.

 

 

 


" I wish i was the one who died.. "

 

 

 

 


" Cause i can't handle the pain, Lisa. "

 

 

 

 


" I don't know what to do with this pain that you're absence cause " 

 

 

 

 

 


All i heard was footsteps from behind but then i ignore it and continued crying.

 

 

 


" Excuse me? " 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When i turned around, i saw a middle aged woman holding a flowers as she walk towards the grave.

 

 

 

 

 

" Are you a friend of hers? " her mom asked

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


So no one knew the past of us. 

 

 

 

 

No one knew we got married.

 

 

 

 

The past remains the same.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I nodded and stand up as i bowed.

 

 

 

 

Then she saw the ring in my fingers and gasp.

 

 

 

 

" Jennie? " 

 

 

 

 

I nodded and wipe my tears.

 

 

 

 


She walk towards me and hold my hand as i saw how emotional she is.

 

 

 

 

" Thank you, Jennie. "

 

 

 


" Thank you for letting Lisa felt Love from you " her mother said

 

 

 


And it made me more cry when her mother told me that she talk about me a lot. 

 

 

 

 


" I may not meet you in person before but i am grateful and thankful for taking care of Lisa " 

 

 

 


No,

 

 

 


I am more thankful.

 

 

 


I am thankful to experience to be loved by her even if the time is so short.

 

 

 

 

 

" The ring.. "

 

 

 


Her mother looked at my fingers and look at me.

 

 

 

 

"She even told me to put it in her finger when she died and bury with her because she adore and love the person so much who has the same ring with her "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" She wants to keep it and cherish it. Lisa told me that her love will remains the same even she leave that's why she asked me if ever she die, she will wear the ring "

 

 

 

 

 


Lisa.

 

 

 


You jerk.

 

 

 


Why are you doing this to me.

 

 

 

 

" Ahh. Lisa, Whyyy?? " i groaned as i wipe my tears in front of her mom

 

 

 

 

" Lisa was so grateful to have you, Jennie "

 

 

 

 

I am too.

 

 

 


I love her so much.

 

 

 


That i even want to end my life to be with her.

 

 

 


But then the wind blows..

 

 

 

 

It was supposed to be a cold breeze but then all i felt was a warm one.

 

 

 


Lisa..

 

 

 

 

Are you there?

 

 

 


Can you see how hurt i am?

 

 

 

 

Can you see how i still love you after all the pains?

 

 

 

 

Cause all of this.

 

 

 

 

It's all because of you.

 

 

 


You didn't know how you changed my life.

 

 

 


How you changed everything in my life.

 

 

 


Looking back at how i met you,

 

 

 

 

From the friendship to the Love built between us.

 

 

 


I didn't know, Lisa.

 

 

 

 

You will give me so much happiness and positivity in my life. 

 

 

 

 

Thank you.

 

 

 

 


I love you so much, Lisa.

 

 

 

 

Til we meet again.

 

** END OF JENNIE'S POV **

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A kid raised her hand and wave it playfully as she wanted to get her teacher's attention for her to ask questions.

 


" Teacher! Does that Lisa comes back from the dead? " she asked

 

 


The teacher giggles 

 

 

 


" When a person die, there's no way he or she will return from being alive. " the teacher answered

 

 

 

" But she love Jennie " the kid said

 

 

 

The teacher giggles again and walk towards the kid.

 

 

 

" That's why you need to make your love ones happy while they're still around, Nini " 

 

 

 

The kid pouted.

 

 

 

" I know but i don't have that kind of Lisa is my life right now, so should i grow up more to meet Lisa too? " 

 

 

 


" Oh wait, I know one! " she shouted and the kid was giving the teacher a tantrums.

 

 

 


" I know someone too but not a sweet and kind like Lisa. " 

 

 

 

Then the kid looked at the girl playing leggo at the back without any noise.

 

 

 

" You! " the kid pointed at her

 

 

 


The taller kid frowned and was confused.

 

 

 

 

" Teacher! She get the last piece of candy in the table and didn't share with me but her name is also Lisa. Does that mean she's going to stay because she's bad? " 

 

 

 

 But before the teacher was about to answer, the bell rang and dismissed the class while the both girls are staring at each other.

 

 

 


The taller girl quickly go out from the classroom while the kid with a cat eyes follow her.

 

 

 


" Yah! You! " 

 

 

 


The kid scratch her head and turn around to face the other kid.

 

 

 


" What do you want again shorty? " she asked irritately 

 

 

 


" See? You're mean! You even snatched the last candy in the table and you will... - "

 

 

 


The taller girl walk towards the shorter girl and put the candy on .

 

 

 

 

" Are we okay now? Will you stop now? " 

 

 

 

 

" Yah! Come play with us! "

 

 

 


Kids then saw that she's with the shorter girl and told her not to join them because she has this scary eyes.

 

 

 

 

" Yah! Don't even tell that! You even have a big nose! " The taller girl shouted and was pissed

 

 

 

" Come on, Let's leave here " she said as she face the shorter girl.

 

 

 


As they walk the hallways, the shorter girl stopped.

 

 

 


" What's your name? "

 

 

 

 


" I'm Lisa. "

 

 

 

 

" I'm Jennie "

 

 

 


" Nice to meet you " Jennie smiled