One

BACKSPACE

** JENNIE’S POV **

 

 

Walking down in the gangnam streets with a cup of coffee in my hands to start my day with a little bit of caffeine while other people are busy with their own business.

 

 

 

I’m just an ordinary yet a successful one in my field and had the first woman who paid highest in the field of architecture.

 

 

 

I’m Jennie Kim.

 

 

 

Class 2012 from Seoul University.

 

 

 

It’s been 5 years since the day i finished my degree and worked on my field.

 

 

 

I’m already 27 years old and i’m still wondering why am i still not into a stable relationship.

 

 

 

Most of my batchmates had their own family already and also happy with their married life.

 

 

 

I had the money

 

 

 

I had earned the fame also.

 

 

 

But you know what is missing?

 

 

 

Someone to spend my time with.

 

 

 

As i walk, i recieved a message from Jisoo who is now married to Chaeyoung and wants to meet with the rest of the batch.

 

 

 

“ Hijakae cafe beside the italian restaurant, i’ll see you there “ 

 

 

 

As i look around, the cafe was just a meter away from so i just calmly walk til reach there.

 

 

 

Then i look inside and seems like everyone is excited withe their plan on how will they make the reunion more exciting.

 

 

 

Though i can enjoy it but i am thinking if they can manage since they have husbands and childrens.

 

 

 

 

“ Of course we can! “ Chaeyoung said as she look at Jisoo who was glaring already at her.

 

 

 

“ Look at Jisoo “ i pointed as i laughed when their eyes met and Chaeyoung gulps.

 

 

 

“ Then where are we going to send our kids huh? “ Jisoo glares

 

 

 

“ Uh, can we let them stay in my mom’s house? “ Chaeyoung said

 

 

 

“ That’s in Australia you idiot “ 

 

 

 

“ Then how about in your parent’s house? “

 

 

 

Jisoo just slapped Chaeyoung arm as she groaned.

 

 

 

“ Our kids are not dogs that you can easily left them with someone you know “ 

 

 

 

You know,

 

 

I find it very funny when i watch them fighting like that when it comes to their kids and i think it’s just normal.

 

 

 

But then i feel like it’s so happy to have a family on your own too.

 

 

 

Then Jisoo whispered something as it caught our attention.

 

 

 

“ What did you said? “ Chaeyoung asked

 

 

 

“ It’s Lisa’s 5th death anniversary “

 

 

 

“ When? “ i asked

 

 

 

“ Today “ Chaeyoung answered as we all silently look at each other with the other friends we have here.

 

 

 

Then i suddenly remembered,

 

 

 

Lisa is not actually that close to me but she is to Chaeyoung and Jisoo because Jisoo told me she find me kind of cold and hard to approach yet i didn’t do anything about it.

 

 

 

Yet now that i remembered how she actually saved me from drowning before but i forgot to say thanks because she quickly leave after that.

 

 

 

 

“ I think i need to pay a visit to her “ Jisoo said

 

 

 

“ We’ll both visit her “ Chaeyoung added

 

 

 

I can paint in Jisoo how emotional she is when she thought of Lisa because of their friendship since college.

 

 

But we still continue on how we will discuss about the reunion and everyone is looking back at the past.

 

 

 

“ How about in Jeju? Remember the days? “ Amber said

 

 

 

And everyone agreed and like to atleast visit the place too because of memories being made in there.

 

 

 

It last for almost two hours and i suddenly need to cut them off since i need to attend an important meeting in the company.

 

 

 

“ You “ Jisoo dissed at me and stick her tongue

 

 

 

“ Shut up, i need to go “ i said as i kissed Chaeyoung’s cheek and Jisoo’s.

 

 

 

“ Boo!! get a life and produce babies already. “ Jisoo added

 

 

 

I raised my eyebrow 

 

 

 

“ Not because you have Chaeyoung and have kids already, you can diss me like that  “ I said as i laughed

 

 

 

Then i waved at them and leave.

 

 

 

Til days later, 

 

 

 

I was staying at my house preparing for the escapade with them in Jeju and packing all the things i need.

 

 

 

Kuma and Kai was staring at me like they see something in me so i frowned.

 

 

 

“ What do you guys want? “ 

 

 

 

Then they just tilted their heads and i was really curious what’s going on but then i start yawning and take a nap for a while.

 

 

 

I still have 12 hours before the flight so maybe a little nap won’t kill me.

 

 

 

But then as i closed my eyes.

 

 

 

What i saw is a pure white in the background and look around but no one was there.

 

 

 

Then i saw someone sitting and had her head low.

 

 

 

She was sitting beside the door which is i don’t know why is she staying in this boring room.

 

 

 

“ Hey “ i called

 

 

 

And when she raised her head,

 

 

 

It made my eyes wide open and look again at the person sitting in front of me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“ Lisa? “

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“ Jennie? “ 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“ You know me? “ she asked again

 

 

 

What?

 

 

 

She’s wearing white and i can see something in her back.

 

 

 

“ What’s that? “ 

 

 

 

Then she start panicking and the thing i saw in her back disappeared.

 

 

 

“ Nothing “ she answered

 

 

 

“ Did i just saw a pair of wings? “ I asked again

 

 

 

She didn’t answer and just stand up in front of me.

 

 

 

“ What are you doing in here? “ she asked

 

 

 

“ No, what are you doing here? “ i asked

 

 

 

She frowned.

 

 

 

“ You’re not supposed to be here “ 

 

 

 

I frowned.

 

 

 

“ Why not? “ 

 

 

 

She was about to answer but then she stopped herself and sighed.

 

 

 

Then Lisa looked at the box of keys beside her where she sit earlier.

 

 

 

“ I can’t find the key to this door “ she answered

 

 

 

Then i look at it and touched the keys as i saw lots of words carve in there.

 

 

 

You can see lots of words like

 

 

 

FAME

 

 

WEALTH

 

 

LOVE

 

 

TALENT

 

 

HEALTH

 

 

 

and many more random words?

 

 

 

 

“ What is this for? “ i asked

 

 

 

“ Uhh. So that i can leave this room? “ 

 

 

 

Then i tried one by one that i pick but nothing works.

 

 

 

“ I don’t even know what that means “ she answered

 

 

 

Then she look at me

 

 

 

“ Why are you here? “ she asked

 

 

 

And when i look at her, the last thing she said echoes in my ear til i wake up and find myself in my bed.

 

 

 

I also felt my phone vibrated as i saw Jisoo’s name in the screen.

 

 

 

“ WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU NOW? I’VE BEEN CONTACTING YOU “ 

 

 

 

I face palmed and told her i feel asleep.

 

 

 

“ I’ll be on my way, give me half an hour “ 

 

 

 

Then i just hang up the phone call and quickly prepare myself.

 

 

 

As i call for a taxi, my dream still lingers to mine cause i don’t even know what does it mean.

 

 

 

Why Lisa?

 

 

 

I mean we’re not that close.

 

 

 

I know her but i don’t know if she know me.

 

 

 

I also know that days passes when they visited in her grave because it’s her 5th death anniversary.

 

 

 

But i didn’t make it because i had busy schedules that time.

 

 

 

I would like to but then i can’t.

 

 

 

“ Jisoo! “ i waves my hand and saw them in the line were the staff are already checking their tickets and passport

 

 

 

“ You almost missed the flight, you idiot “ Jisoo said 

 

 

 

I ignore what Jisoo said and keep on thinking what’s going on.

 

 

 

Why did i dream of her.

 

 

 

I was thinking of it all through out the flight because i feel like i have sinned to her.

 

 

 

I didn’t even do anything bad to her when she was still alive.

 

 

 

I mean i know we’re not that close but i didn’t do anything to her to scare me that much and fetch me in my dream.

 

 

 

But the thing was i remember how we actually met in Jeju too and saved me from drowning in the pool.

 

 

 

After that, she never approached me or try to befriend with me because she’s the shy type of student in the university but everybody knows her because of her dancing skills.

 

 

 

She’s an exchange student from Thailand and actually had a hard time adjusting herself probably.

 

 

 

I never heard of any negative comments about her and all i can hear is praised on how good she is in balancing things.

 

 

 

But then a day before our graduation, she was involved in a car accident.

 

 

 

“ Jennie “ 

 

 

 

Then i look at Chaeyoung and Jisoo who is beside me who was worriedly asked me if i’m okay.

 

 

 

I nodded.

 

 

 

“ Then why are you spacing out? It’s 12pm in the afternoon, you should be hyped because we just landed “ Jisoo said

 

 

 

I just sighed and look again at the windows.

 

 

 

“ Did someone stole your heart already?Does this call for a wedding? “ Jisoo teased 

 

 

 

“ That’s nonsense “

 

 

 

Then we unbuckle our seatbelts already and start preparing our bags since we already landed and ready to leave the plane.

 

 

 

Hanbin do planned everything already as they told us where are we going and he also rented cars direct in the hotel.

 

 

 

I actually had the single room which is i am happy that no one can disturb me since some are couples in here and only 3 are left single, including me.

 

 

 

Looking at the time,

 

 

 

It’s 12:36 pm 

 

 

 

July 21, 2017.

 

 

 

Jisoo called me earlier to change clothes since we’re going to the beach already.

 

 

 

And she actually told me to wear nicely to catch boys.

 

 

 

I feel so disrespected.

 

 

 

Is it a sin to be single.

 

 

 

Jisoo is such a racist.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Leaving the hotel lobby and saw a nice view of the beach from where i am standing now plus a good interior of pools in here that made my hyped up.

 

 

 

“ Jennie! Come here! “ Amber waved as she fan the grill and cooking some fish from there

 

 

So i walk towards them and everyone was whistling 

 

 

 

“ Way to go girl! “ Nayeon said as i high five her.

 

 

 

“ So what now? “ I asked

 

 

 

Jisoo told me that infinite pool a meter away from us.

 

 

 

“ I think that pool was cool and it’s kinda refreshing to look at “ 

 

 

 

“ Want to play a game? “ Amber asked

 

 

 

Then she started showing her fist as we both get ready.

 

 

 

“ We will be throwing the loser in the pool, call? “ 

 

 

 

Call.

 

 

 

So we both played rock, paper, scissor.

 

 

 

And when we tied.

 

 

 

“ One more “ i said

 

 

 

So we prepared and delivered our own decision to show our hands.

 

 

 

Mine is rock

 

 

 

And amber was paper.

 

 

 

Oh .

 

 

 

And every shouted.

 

 

 

 

“ Y’all need to throw Jennie on the pool!! “ Amber shouted

 

 

 

Then Chaeyoung, Krystal, Nayeon and Hanbin quickly carry Jennie and readying to throw me

 

 

 

They we’re chanting and it kinda made me laugh and annoying at the same time because they’re happy because they can throw me.

 

 

 

1!!

 

 

 

2!!

 

 

 

3!!

 

 

 

 

Then i heard Jisoo shouted but i already landed on the water and had myself readying to float up.

 

 

 

But i felt something sting in my foot that made me groan in pain at the same time i’m running out of air.

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

I can’t float up from here.

 

 

 

 

But then i saw bubbles near me and it made me distract as i was trying my best to get some air but i can’t.

 

 

 

 

I saw a hand grabbing my wrist and a petite blondie trying to float me up from under.

 

 

 

I inhaled so much as i felt air from my head and felt the weakness already.

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

I almost died.

 

 

 

 

“ Are you okay? “

 

 

 

 

The petite blonde girl asked me and i felt that i can stand on my own now because she dragged me from the shallow part of the pool.

 

 

 

“ Yeah. Thanks “

 

 

 

 

“ You’re welcome “

 

 

 

Wait.

 

 

 

I heard that voice before.

 

 

 

Then i look at her again,

 

 

 

She was walking away from me already and i saw that she approached Jisoo.

 

 

 

Wait 

 

 

 

What the .

 

 

 

 

 

My eyes wide open as i study her features.

 

 

 

Blonde.

 

 

 

Petite

 

 

 

Long legs

 

 

 

Plump lips

 

 

 

Tone abs.

 

 

 

This can’t be real.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lalisa?

 

** END OF JENNIE’S POV **

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Sorry, the first chapter is a rush. I’ll try my best write better in other updates! Ppong!