Chapter 21

A Beam Of Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m in position.” Tiffany informed Taeyeon, taking her place on the rooftop of a house on the cliff. Using her suit jetpack, she had maneuvered her way onto the top of the aquamarine structure and watching Taeyeon approach along the street.

 

Her pace was leisurely, giving the AI time to transform her appearance. Her clothing was invisible, replaced by the red and black illusion of a Hulsy armoured officer.

 

Tiffany watched Taeyeon stroll easily past the guards and into the building without them so much as batting an eyelid.

 

She watched the AI’s every step as her feet touched on the solid marble flooring, holding her breath as Taeyeon entered the elevator and transcended downwards into the undercity.

 

The power pack Tiffany had installed on her back, certainly helped Taeyeon maintain the power level to keep together her costume - it felt like the light facade would last forever.

 

She listened to the instructions as the lift doors opened through her earpiece.

 

The view was a shock.

 

Instead of the white and blue tones gracing the city as they reflected the blistering sun, the city under the streets was even more beautiful.

 

Tall caverns extended upwards, filled with buildings, all wrapped in a glorious gold hue. The entire area looked like it was basking in fire, thriving in the space.

 

“On your right Taeyeon.” Tiffany spoke through the earpiece. “Make your way down the road.”

 

The Hulsy mask covered her smirking mouth, as she paced leisurely down the paved path.

 

The underworld (as Tiffany had appropriately named it) housed the entire Southern military force and Government buildings. The commoners lived on the surface, none the wiser to the schemes of corruption running through the sewers of their small town.

 

Soldiers stood guarding every doorway, watching her walk without suspecting anything.

 

Taeyeon approached the building at the end, keeping her pace steady as she admired the structure.

 

Black brick towered up, forming a vastly sized castle. Yellow energy pulsed through the cracks, lighting it up like blood running through veins.

 

Her feet carried her further and further towards the main gate, each step alerting the guards of her presence.

 

She found her way bared by two spears which crossed infront of her, halting her progress.

 

“State your business.” They spoke simultaneously.

 

Taeyeon didn’t move, keeping her head facing towards her destination.

 

A flick of the wrist sent both guards onto the ground, dead - their necks twisted brutally.

 

“Oops.” Taeyeon spoke nonchalantly, ditching her disguise and walking through the doors, shielding the bullets which started to reign down on her from the guards inside.

 

She activated her belt, and let the sleek armour manifest over her body.

 

Yells erupted around the compound as she made her way into the main Government building.

 

“SHE’S HERE!” One guard yelled, alerting the entire building to the invincible threat that they faced.

 

Taeyeon pounced forward, driving her hand into his throat. He bend over, choking desperately for air, only to his feet inch off the floor.

 

She held him by the collar, gripping brutally; she flung him into the solid wall. He slipped down to the floor with a sickening crunch.

 

A group of four approached from the top of the marble staircase. Each of their gunshots hit her armour and bounced off - their kinetic energy rebounded by Taeyeon in the form of a powerful beam.

 

The pungent smell of roasting flesh flooded the air as the pure power of the beam erupted out of her hands and singed each of the targets, setting their clothes alight, leaving them as burning corpses on the pristine ground.

 

Taeyeon wasted no effort eliminating anyone - her new power source provided all of the energy she needed to destroy each room she entered, leaving the soldiers instantly dead.

 

Having scanned the first floor, her target was nowhere to be found so she moved up the twisting staircase, keeping her eyes peeled.

 

The sight that greeted her was almost comical.

 

Husly’s finest men and women gathered by the door to the main office, providing a meat shield for the traitor who hid inside. Taeyeon let the mask slide off of her face, just so they could hear her laugh reverberate through the fearful air.

 

They watched her approach, levelling their daggers at the AI.

 

“Sword fight?” Taeyeon asked, letting out a manic chuckle. A dagger manifested in her right hand, and she went about m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter