Chapter 16

A Beam Of Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Here's some fluff to make up for the fact I took so long to update (:

 

“YoonTae in position.”

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and shoved her sister.

 

“I’ve told you Yoona,” She whispered, “We’re Alpha One.”

“But Sunny gets a cool nickname!” Yoona whined.

“I can call you Agent Lanky if you want.” Taeyeon replied, winking.

“Sounds good, come on Agent Shortie.”

 

The girls fell silent as they crept forwards, guns held close to their chest.

 

Taeyeon peaked around the corner, and spied Hyejeong and Seolhyun in the treeline to the left of them. The AI sisters waited for their leader’s signal, and as soon as Hyejeong’s hand showed a thumbs up, they rushed forwards.

 

“Make sure no one sees you until the reactor core is destroyed.” Seohyun spoke through their earpieces.

“Aye Ma’am.” Yoona chirped, letting her lengthy legs carry her forwards effortlessly.

 

The pair ran into town cautiously. The buildings became more concentrated and they knew they were reaching their destination. Taeyeon placed her hand up and both girls stopped instantly. She pointed to a large gated are ahead of them, and grinned.

 

“Let’s do this.” Taeyeon whispered to Yoona, who reprociated the silly smile on the other girl’s face.

 

The dark haired half of the duo placed her hands together and closed her eyes, feeling liquid energy seep into her eyes and crystallizing into their enchanting blue hue. Power coursed through every fibre of her being, and exploded out of her palms, knocking the entire fence complex surrounding their target down.

 

Simultaneously, Yoona swept her arm in an arc above them, encasing the miniature city in a dome. The girls walked calmly forwards through the entrance, towards a huge metallic box in the centre of the complex.
 

“Target in sight General, stand by.” Taeyeon spoke with a smile. ‘This is too easy.’ She thought.

 

“Blaze it Taeyeon.” Yuri spoke with a hint of menace in her tone.

 

Taeyeon shot a bolt from her palm, straight at the generator in the centre of the complex. The entire thing burst into flames upon contact, and the streetlamps immediately started to dim. Yoona shot a ball of light upwards, which illuminated the area once again.

 

“It’s done, send the cavalry in.” Yoona spoke, reaching her hand out to receive a high five from Taeyeon, just as the outer dome dropped, and resistance troops flooded in like water through a dam. The area was secured within seconds, and minutes later each guard was either recruited or imprisoned.

 

“Thesta was the eighth major town to fall in two weeks, to rule of the terrorist group yesterday. The Resistance have led each attack with Kim Taeyeon - the woman responsible for the destruction of Shale Industries. Residents of eastern villages have been offered refuge in Wohlstand by the Senate this morning.”

 

The news anchor ceased talking, as the screen was switched off.

 

“This is too easy.” Mihye laughed, walking towards her chair and collapsing into it in a carefree manner.

“Don’t get ahead of yourself Ma’am, the army hasn’t even gotten involved yet - when they do it won’t be so much of a walk in the park.” Choa warned her boss.

“We’ll get over that hurdle when it comes to it.” Mihye shrugged, unbothered by the prospect of war. “Yuri told me they’ve gained 400,000 new troops over the past month, we’re prepared.”

 

Taeyeon walked happily around base, having just returned from her mission. Yoona told a bad joke, but she still laughed - infected with happiness.

 

Her gun was slung carelessly over her shoulder and her backpack was balancing on the other. The sisters walked into the newly built housing district, approaching their team residency at the end of the street.

 

They were watched from the window by a loving eye smile as they approached home.

 

Once they were only a few metres away, the door flung open, and out ran Tiffany. Taeyeon stopped and opened her arms, bracing herself for the impact. Tiffany jumped and wrapped her limbs around her girlfriend, kissing her gently.

 

“I’ve missed you.” Tiffany whispered, almostly silently. Her lips lingered next to the soldier’s own, letting the hot breath which hit against them drive her crazy. She couldn’t resist, and leaned in to capture them once again, loving the feeling of Taeyeon’s hands wandering to her backside.

 

“Ahem.” Yoona spoke, dumbfounded. “I am still here you know?”

 

The couple broke apart, chuckling awkwardly.

 

“Keep it PG around the kids.” The blonde sighed, walking inside - leaving the couple to continue their passionate exchange alone (but still in the middle of the street.)

 

It was almost an hour later, once Taeyeon had showered, when they left the house as the sun started to set.

 

Occupying so many of the local villages left a great leeway for troops.  People could now move between towns easily; it almost felt like a normal life.

 

Taeyeon gripped Tiffany’s hand carefully, pulling her along towards the garage area.

“I’ve got a surprise for you.” She smiled, ignoring the desperate pleas of her girlfriend trying to find out what she was hiding.

 

“Close your eyes.” The soldier asked, checking Tiffany had complied before she hoisted open the steel door to her garage. “You can look now.”

 

Taeyeon sat on the bonnet of a vintage cherry red car. The roof was folded back, and despite clearly being old - the paintwork sparkled like it was brand new.

 

“Tae!” Tiffany squealed, trying to hold in her excitement. “How the hell did you get this?”

“I exchanged some favours…” Taeyeon smirked, spinning the keys on her left hand. “It’s an original you know! Over 600 years old.”

“No way!” Tiffany gaped.

“Yes way! Come of Fany, I found an old fashioned diner to complete our retro American date.”

“You’re the best TaeTae.” Tiffany spoke with a voice filled with emotion, skipping forwards and climbing through the car door which Taeyeon had opened for her. The pair pulled away a minute later, as Taeyeon kept one hand on the seat behind Tiffany, and the other on the wheel.

 

“You look like such a player.” Tiffany joked, loving the feeling of the wind brushing past her face as she stuck her head out from behind the windscreen.

“Why would I need to be a player when I have you?” She replied cheesily, making her girlfriend’s eye smile appear in full bloom.

 

Taeyeon applied the brakes gently as they approached the final military checkpoint of the journey. Guards swarmed the car, dispersing quickly when she lowered her sunglasses, showing them her face.

“Major Kim.” One of them stepped backwards, waving her through immediately. She gave them a little wave of gratitude as she eyed the red and white building a little further down the road.

 

Tiffany’s eyes sparkled with delight upon seeing the diner Taeyeon had brought her to. It was everything out of a history book.

 

Plump red leather seats were everywhere, forming little booths for couples to occupy. The lighting was bright, illuminating the harsh white walls and reflecting on the metal rim of the bar, where a young man stood in his apron and hat.

 

“You like?” Taeyeon asked, smiling at her girlfriend’s initial response to the exterior.

“Like?” Tiffany almost screamed. “I love it! It’s like in all those old movies, it’s so romantic.”

Taeyeon beamed at the reply.

“Come on then, let’s go inside and get something to eat.”

 

“Ngggg.” Tiffany moaned, sinking her teeth into a thick burger and feeling the flavours spurt into . “Dis es sooo gud.” She tried to sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter