Inferno

Soulful obsession

The next morning, Jungkook awoke from his slumber enclosed in deep red satin sheets. He slowly sat up in his bed, looking around his room in a dazed state. He began to get ready for his day, after finishing, he headed downstairs. 

"Ah, Jungkook! There you are." His father said, smiling.

"Good morning father." He greeted, giving a polite smile.

"So my son, your mother and I have some exciting news for you." His father said.

Jungkook stared, curiously. After a few moments of anticipation, Jungkook's mother chimed in.

"My darling, you, being of royal blood, will get to rule the throne." His mother spoke.

Jungkook looked at them, wide-eyed. His expression turned to one of nerves.

"R-really? But...why me? What about my brother?" He asked.

"Because, my son, you have the capability of a king. You will rule the kingdom. You are the eldest. So, after I pass on to the next world, you will rule, then your brother after you." His father answered, placing a hand on his shoulder, gripping it slightly.

Jungkook drew a deep breath, nodding slightly.

"So, this also means my son will need a queen to rule by his side." His mother said, smiling, as her eyes sparkled.

Jungkook froze.

"Yes." He agreed, hesitantly.

"Um...may I be excused? I would like to tell V the exciting news." He said, quietly.

His parents nodded in affirmation, smiling as he quickly left the corridor. As soon as he was out of sight, he ran as quickly as he could to V's home. He knocked on the door in quick motions. V swung the heavy door open, flashing Jungkook a toothy grin.

"Hello, Jungkook." He said, bowing.

Jungkook returned the bow.

"Hello, V. I...have some news..." He muttered.

V cocked his head, slightly frowning.

"News?" He repeated.

Jungkook nodded slowly, entering the house,and shutting the door behind him.

"My parents want me to become king." He stated.

V stared, surprised.

"W-well...that's a good thing! You'll rise to more power." He replied.

Jungkook nodded.

"I-i suppose...but what if I don't... actually want this..? Do I even have a choice in the matter?" He asked.

V looked calmly at his younger friend. He gently placed a hand upon his shoulder.

"Jungkook, breathe. You are more than capable." He said.

Jungkook smiled and hugged his trusted friend.

"Thank you." He muttered.

"My mother said I need a queen to rule by my side." He said, quietly.

V laughed at that.

"A queen? But you do not fancy women." V Said.

Jungkook raised his eyebrows, nodding.

"I know. My dear friend, the king and queen will not take it lightly when I can finally bring my voice to tell them." He answered.

After a while, Jungkook returned home, to find his mother and father reading over a scripture. He watched them, puzzled.

"Mother? Father? I've returned." He muttered shyly.

"Perfect. Jungkook, make yourself available for Tuesday afternoon. We have a surprise for you." His father said, happily.

Jungkook nodded slowly.

"Yes, father." He replied.

He quietly made his way to his room, he allowed himself to fall into his bed. He closed his eyes for a mere moment. His head was spinning at the news. He felt nervous for what was to come that following Tuesday afternoon. He clutched his pillow, sighing deeply.  A few hours later, he heard small taps upon his window. He wandered over to investigate. He laughed, seeing V throwing rocks.

"Wanna practice your fire skills?...your highness." V said, chuckling, and bowing slightly.

Jungkook laughed, nodding. He looked back towards his room. He quickly went to turn off the light, then slid down the pillar to the ground. He smiled, running off towards the courtyard. V smiled, smugly at his friend's weak efforts to make more than just a small flame.  

"Well? Teach me something new! Teacher..." Jungkook said, smirking and shoving his shoulder, playfully.

V nodded, laughing.

"Well, to make your flames bigger, simply, motion. Your finget tips higher. Like this." He instructed.

Jungkook tried, but nothing happened. He looked at V, slightly worried.

V shrugged.

"Try again, young master." He said.

Jungkook nodded, and tried once more. Once again, failing.

"Again." V insisted.

Jungkook stared, at his hands, slightly annoyed at not getting it right the first try. He tried, yet again. And again. And again. Each time, following more failed attempts. He was starting to get angry. He screamed out in frustration, his eyes glowed bright red, and he flicked his finger tips. With that, fire ignited from his finger tips in huge swamps, engulfing around him. V watched him, proudly. Jungkook stared back at him, he felt powerful. After that, the two boys wandered through the streets, back towards Jungkook's house. He quickly and silently climbed over the fence, sneaking through to his backyard. Once he made it to his room, he sighed a massive sigh of relief. He felt proud of himself that night. Jungkook fell into his bed, not bothering to change clothes, pulling the covers over his body, and falling into a deep, peaceful sleep.