Playing with fire

Soulful obsession

Jungkook sat in his room, watching the rain Cascade down outside his window. He sighed, he was never a fan of the rain. He turned towards his fireplace, with a flick of the wrist and small snap of his fingers, a bright flame ignited against the wood. He smiled happily. He held a secret from the world, the only people who knew of his true form were his family and his best friend, V. V also happened to have the same secret, what some would consider a gift, and a curse. Jungkook was still learning how to control his power, so he felt proud when even the smallest of flames would ignite. As he watched the flames dance inside the small cave, his eyes sparkled, and suddenly, his mind found his way to the memory of Suga. He smiled, remembering that night, how happy Suga looked. He recalled Suga's beautiful pale skin, intricate jacket, and adorable shyness. He couldn't wait to see him in the up coming weekend. Everyday until then, they held some kind of contact. The day finally arrived, Suga woke up the earliest he ever have on his own. He excitedly rushed to get ready. Akira saw his rushed movements, and giggled to herself.

"Somebody's excited for something. You have a date big brother?" She asked, smiling.

He stopped dead in his tracks.

"Uh...well...not exactly." He said, then started frantically working to get ready again.

She laughed, rolling her eyes, and walked back to her room.

"Suga! Where do you think you're going?" His mother yelled, angerily from her room.

He paused, eyes widened, and gulped. He forgot to give him mother a notice. He shut him eyes, silently trying to think of an excuse. Suddenly, Akira rushed out of her room.

"He's...taking me to Saturday study hall mama." She explained, looking at Suga.

"Y-yea." He stuttered, nervously.

"Then he is going to do homework with...Jimin...at the library." She said.

Their mother stared at them, puzzled. After an awkward silence, she finally spoke.

"Alright. Well, don't be late now, go on." She said, sternly.

The two nodded and went on their way.

"Oh man Akira you are the best!" He exclaimed, hugging her.

She smiled.

"I know!" She said proudly, laughing.

"Now then, where are you actually going?" She asked, excitedly.

He blushed an exceptional red color. 

"Promise not to tell Mom and Dad." He stated.

She nodded.

"Of course!" 

He sighed a sigh of relief.

"Okay okay. Well I went to a club last week with Namjoon and Jimin...and I met a really cute guy there...so...we're hanging out today." He said, smiling widely.

She squealed with excitement for her elder brother.

"I'm so happy for you Suga!" She yelled.

He laughed.

"Thanks.." he muttered, shyly.

"So...where am I taking you?" He asked after a while of driving.

"The library please? My friends and I are meeting to do a project." She answered.

He nodded, heading towards the library. After he dropped her off, he started towards the spot that Jungkook and him had agreed to meet. His palms started to get sweaty from his nerves. He waited patiently for Jungkook to show up. He had arrived a little earlier than scheduled. So, Jungkook showed up, right on cue.

"Hi Suga!" He said, happily.

H-hey Jungkook." He answered, smiling politely.

The pair started wandering around the park, making simple conversation.

"So...who was that guy you were at the bar with the night we met?" Suga asked, shyly.

Jungkook bursts into a fit of laughter.

"He's my best friend. His name's V." Jungkook said, smiling.

Suga mentally drew a sigh of relief.

"What about you?" Jungkook asked, playfully nudging Suga's shoulder with his own shoulder.

Suga smiled.

"They were my best friends. Jimin and Namjoon." He answered.

"Ahh that's nice." He responded.

Suga and Jungkook spent all day together, neither one felt awkward around the other. Jungkook had a natural hyperness about him. Suga, on the other hand, gas always been reserved and shy. Maybe, meeting Jungkook was just what he needed to break out of his shell a little more. Especially considering, how comfortable he felt being with Jungkook, as it normally takes him a long time to warm up to someone. With Jungkook, it was instant. After a few hours, the two were starting to get hungry.

"Where would you like to go?" Jungkook asked.

Suga shrugged.

"I don't know. I'm not picky." He said.

Jungkook nodded. He looked around and noticed a restaurant serving lamb kebabs. He smiled widely, he grabbed Suga's arm and rushed towards the restaurant. Within a matter of seconds, they were in front of the restaurant.

"Is this okay? Sorry I didn't even ask beforehand." Jungkook said.

Suga nodded.

"Uh..sure." he replied.

The boys got seated quickly, Jungkook ordered his favorite, Lamb skewers. Suga ordered something he was more familiar with off the menu. After a while, the food showed up at their table. Jungkook's eyes gleemed at the sight. Suga couldn't help but laugh. He stared at Jungkook, smiling. He thought Jungkook was adorable. Jungkook wasted no time digging into his food.

"Have you had lamb skewers before?" He asked.

Suga shook his head.

"What? You have to try this!" Jungkook said, passing his plate to Suga.

Suga carefully took a piece of lamb off and took a small bite of it. He couldn't believe how good it was. It was juicy and tender, perfectly seasoned. But, he didn't want to seem greedy by asking for more. Somehow, Jungkook picked up on Suga wanting more, he smiled and slid a whole kebab onto Suga's plate. In return, Jungkook snuck a piece of chicken from the plate Suga had in front of him. He smiled in a mischievous manner at Suga. Suga smiled back, shyly.

"Thank you." He muttered, bowing slightly.

Jungkook nodded quickly. After their meal, they asked for the check.

"That'll be two separate-" Suga started.

"No just one check please." Jungkook asked.

Suga slowly looked at Jungkook.

"Are you sure?" He whispered.

Jungkook nodded, handing his card to the waiter.

"Thank you..." Suga said, smiling.

Jungkook nodded happily.

After the bill was taken care of, they decided it was time to head home, as it was getting late.

"Well, I'd like to see you again. If you want to." Jungkook said.

Suga smiled.

"I'd like that. But...next time, I'm paying. Deal?" He said.

Jungkook nodded.

"You have yourself a deal." He answered.

The two headed for their cars, Suga couldn't stop smiling the whole way home. He blared his radio, singing along happily. He couldn't wait to tell Namjoon and Jimin about it. However, he was puzzled, should this be considered a date? He wasn't sure. What if Jungkook was just that way with everyone?