Not Going Anywhere

Deal? Deal.

A/N: Double update. ENJOY IT!!!!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning when Ah Ran wakes up, she sees that Hyun Woo hasn’t moved an inch. She carefully climbs out of bed and heads to the bathroom. There, she washes her face, brushes her teeth, and combs her hair. When she is done, she walks to the door and opens it. Out of nowhere, Hyun Woo bumps into her. She gasps and tumbles back. Hyun Woo catches her hand and pulls her into him. Ah Ran quickly pulls away from him.

“I’m sorry,” he says. “I didn’t know you were in the bathroom.”

“It’s okay. Just be careful next time,” she replies.

She looks up at him. His hair is a mess, and his clothes are all topsy turvy.

He looks down at her, and notices that she doesn’t have any makeup on. To his surprise, she looks very pretty without makeup on, and her hair is tied up into a bun. She’s showing him her bare milky white neck.

Ah Ran walks to the closet and changes into a light gray shirt and blue shorts. She heads downstairs and helps make breakfast. After breakfast, Ah Ran is working like usual, while Hyun Woo is in his room dusting his antiques.

One of the workers are working when suddenly, they hear a knock on the door. She goes answer it and Ji Hyun is at the door.

“Is Hyun Woo home,” Ji Hyun asks.

“He is.”

“Where?”

“His bedroom.”

Ji Hyun walks in, and the worker grimaces. She closes the door and goes back to work. Ji Hyun walks up to Hyun Woo.

“Who was at the door,” Ah Ran asks.

“Ji Hyun,” the worker replies.

“Oh.”

Ji Hyun walks into the bedroom and sees Hyun Woo at the bookshelf. She tiptoes over to him and gives him a back hug.

Hyun Woo turns around and see Ji Hyun.

“Hey,” he says happy.

He hugs her, and she hugs him back.

“I came because you said your parents are out of town,” Ji Hyun says.

“They are. They won’t be home for about a month,” Hyun Woo replies.

She smiles widely. “What are you doing,” she asks breaking the hug.

“Dusting my collection.”

“Should I help?”

“It’s okay. You can sit and talk to me.”

“Okay.”

Ji Hyun sits on the bed and crosses her legs together.

“What have you been up to,” Hyun Woo asks.

He knows that his parents won’t allow any other woman in the bedroom with him, but since his parents weren’t home, breaking the rules a little bit won’t hurt anyone.

“I’ve been at home cleaning,” Ji Hyun answers.

“That must’ve been hard.”

“It was okay. My workers did most the work anyway.”

“I tried wiping down the tables yesterday, and boy was it hard. I have muscle aches today.”

“Do you? Should I massage it for you?”

“Please.”

Hyun Woo sets his antique down and sits beside Ji Hyun. He turns his back to her.

“The shoulders,” he says.

She starts massaging his shoulders, and he groans in pain.

“Gentle please,” he says.

“Okay.”

She starts massaging.

“Right there,” he says.

Ah Ran comes in and stops at the door.

“Am I bothering you two,” Ah Ran asks.

“No,” Hyun Woo replies. “You're not.”

Ah Ran walks in.

“I won't be long,” Ah Ran says.

She walks to her purse, grabs some money, and leaves. Ah Ran could feel all eyes on her when she was doing so.

“Hyun Woo,” Ji Hyun starts. “We should go out.”

“Where do you want to go,” Hyun Woo asks.

“There's a new Italian restaurant that I want to try. Can we go there?”

“But I just ate.”

“Then let's go see a movie or something.”

“Okay. That sounds good. Just let me finish dusting those okay,” he points to his antiques.

“Okay.”

Hyun Woo hops off the bed and continues to dust.

Ah Ran heads to the kitchen and gives her money to the head worker. “Here,” she says. “Take this and go.”

“You didn't have to,” the head worker says.

“I wanted to. Please take it.”

“Thank you.”

The head worker takes the money, and commands someone to go to the store.

“If you have any leftover, just keep the money,” Hyun Woo hears Ah Ran say.

“Thank you,” the worker says.

She walks out, and Hyun Woo walks in.

“Is there something you need,” the head worker asks Hyun Woo.

“A bottle water,” Hyun Woo replies.

She grabs one from the fridge and hands it to Hyun Woo.

“Ah Ran,” Hyun Woo calls.

“Yes,” Ah Ran replies.

“Come here.”

Ah Ran stops what she is doing and walks over to Hyun Woo. He walks out of the kitchen, and she follows.

“I'm going to go out,” he tells her. “I'm not sure for how long, but I won't be home for dinner.”

“Okay.”

“Okay.”

Ah Ran walks back into the kitchen.

Hyun Woo walks back upstairs, but he is questioning himself.

“We did agree to not interfere in each others lives, but does she really have to act like that? Can't she at least be a little concerned about me?”

Hyun Woo walks into his room.

“Is something wrong,” Ji Hyun asks.

“No. It's nothing,” Hyun Woo replies. “Here's your water bottle.”

“Thank you.”

She accepts the water bottle from him and takes a sip.

“Let's go,” she says.

She interlocks her arm with his, and they head downstairs. They walk by the living room, and sees Ah Ran and So Eun sitting at the coffee table. The two women are cutting apples.

“What are you doing,” Hyun Woo asks.

“Cutting apples,” Ah Ran replies.

“Why here?”

“Because I wanted to. Don't worry, I'll clean up the mess.”

“Okay. I'm going out.”

“Bye.”

Hyun Woo takes a step, and Ah Ran yelps. She lets go of the knife and apple in her hand before she cups her hand.

“You cut yourself,” So Eun says.

Hyun Woo turns around.

“Let me see,” So Eun says.

She grabs Ah Ran’s hand and looks at the cut.

“It looks deep,” So Eun says.

Hyun Woo walks over to Ah Ran. He sits down and grabs her hand into his. Hyun Woo looks at the cut.

“Go get some paper towel,” Hyun Woo tells So Eun. “And the first aid kit.”

“Yes, master,” So Eun says.

She stands up and quickly leave the living room.

“Does it hurt,” Hyun Woo asks.

Ah Ran nods her head.

The blood on her finger starts dripping down, so Hyun Woo cups his hand to catch the blood.

So Eun comes running in and hands Hyun Woo the paper towel. He accepts it and wipes the blood off Ah Ran’s hand. Then, he puts pressure on Ah Ran’s cut, to stop the blood. After a while, the blood stops. Hyun Woo applies medicine on it and wraps the wound with bandage.

“There,” he says. “I forbid you to touch anything. You don't want it to get an infection.”

“It's fine,” Ah Ran says. “You already put a bandage on it.”

“No. You don't want anything to get into the wound.”

“Everything will be fine.”

“Watch her,” Hyun Woo tells So Eun. “She is going to rebel against my words.”

“Yes, master.”

Hyun Woo stands up and walks over to Ji Hyun. They were going to go, but Hyun Woo stops.

“Actually,” he says. He turns around. “I'll look after her.”

“What,” Ji Hyun asks upset. “But we were supposed to go out today.”

“Yes, but Ah Ran hurt herself. I know she's not going to listen to me unless I'm here with her.”

“It's just a little cut,” Ah Ran says. “You two go ahead.”

“Yes,” Ji Hyun says. “Let's go.”

“No,” Hyun Woo says. He walks over to Ah Ran and sits down next to her. “I'm going to stay by Ah Ran’s side.”

Ji Hyun gets mad while Ah Ran looks at Hyun Woo like he's mad.

“We can just watch a movie here,” Hyun Woo tells Ji Hyun. “Come sit.”

Ji Hyun makes her way to the couch and sits down. Hyun Woo joins her.

“What do you want to watch,” Hyun Woo asks Ji Hyun.

“Whatever is on I guess.”

“You choose.” Hyun Woo hands her the control. “We can just watch what you want to watch.”.

Ji Hyun starts flipping through the channels.

So Eun grabs the first aid kit and goes put it away.

Ah Ran picks up the knife and apple and start to peel the apple again, but Hyun Woo takes it away from her.

“I said you can't,” he says. “I'll do it.” He sits down next to her and starts peeling the apple. “Go sit on the couch.”

“I'll just sit here,” Ah Ran says.

Ah Ran observes Hyun Woo.

“I didn't know you knew how to peel apples,” Ah Ran says.

“I don't, but I have to, and I've seen what you've done. I'm just copying you.”

“Good job,” Ah Ran says.

“What?”

“I said good job. You're doing a great job.”

“Thanks. I've never been complimented before. You're the first one to compliment me.”

“I'm honored,” she says sarcastically.

“And this is my first time sitting on the ground thanks to you.”

“I didn't ask you to sit here.”

“I'm sitting here because you won't listen to me.”

He hands her the apple he peeled.

“Cut it,” she says not accepting it.

“How?”

“Into slices. Haven't you ate apple slices before?”

Hyun Woo starts to slice the apple.

“Like this,” he asks.

“Exactly like that,” Ah Ran replies.

So Eun walks back in and joins them.

“Hyun Woo,” Ji Hyun says. “Can you give me one?”

Hyun Woo hands her a slice. She accepts it, and he goes back to cut the apples.

“Are you going to cut all these,” Hyun Woo asks.

“Yes,” Ah Ran replies.

“What is this for?”

“Dinner,” Ah Ran replies. “It's for dessert.”

“I'm doing all sorts of things because of you.”

“I didn't ask you to.”

Hyun Woo doesn't say anything. He continues to peel the apples.

Ah Ran is instructing and talking to So Eun while Hyun Woo is focused on peeling the apples. He would take peaks at Ah Ran as well.

Ji Hyun puts the controller down when she finds something she wants to watch, but she isn't watching TV. She's watching Hyun Woo and Ah Ran. Ji Hyun can tell that Ah Ran is paying no attention to Hyun Woo, but Hyun Woo’s attention is always on her. This makes Ji Hyun jealous.

“Hyun Woo,” Ji Hyun says. “Another apple slice.”

Hyun Woo hands her one, and she takes it.

“That’s so pretty,” Ah Ran says. “How do you do that?”

Ah Ran is looking at So Eun carve the apples.

“It’s hard at first,” So Eun says. “But it gets easier once you keep doing it.”

“Will you teach me,” Ah Ran asks.

“I’m honored.” So Eun looks at Hyun Woo who is looking at them. “Perhaps when your wound heals.”

“Alright.”

“Ahh,” Hyun Woo screams. He drops the knife.

Ah Ran and So Eun looks at Hyun Woo while Ji Hyun jumps to the rescue.

“Are you okay,” Ji Hyun asks. “What did you do?” She takes his hand into hers.

“I was about to cut myself,” Hyun Woo replies.

“Be careful.”

“I will.”

Hyun Woo pulls her hand away from Ji Hyun.

“How about we ask someone else to come do this,” Ji Hyun asks.

“It’s okay. I can do it,” Hyun Woo says. He picks up the knife and starts to peel the apple again.

Ji Hyun goes back to the couch and sits down. She crosses her arm and glares at Ah Ran.

A few hours has gone by, and Hyun Woo is still peeling apples. So Eun has gone help make dinner, while Ah Ran is in the living room with Hyun Woo. Ji Hyun is still on the couch staring at the both of them.

“We’re going to eat this for dinner,” Hyun Woo asks.

“We’re going to make apple pie.”

“So would you like me to speed up?”

“Please.”

“But the apples are so much.”

“This is for everyone, and there are a lot of people. You won’t let me help, so the process is going slowly.”

Hyun Woo speeds up.

“Don’t cut yourself,” Ah Ran warns.

“Should I go get a worker to come help,” Ji Hyun asks.

“No,” Ah Ran says. “They’re all busy as well.”

A few more minutes past, and Hyun Woo is finally done. He puts the apple slices into a bowl.

Ah Ran stands up and carries the bowl, but Hyun Woo stops her.

“What,” she asks. “I can’t do this? I’m not dipping my finger into anything.”

Ah Ran takes the bowl from him.

“Clean up the apple peels,” Ah Ran commands. “I’ll be back.”

Ah Ran heads to the kitchen to give the apple slices to the workers while Hyun Woo is putting the apple peels into the garbage. After he is done, he joins Ji Hyun on the couch. She smiles and hugs his arm.

“Was that tiring,” Ji Hyun asks.

“Yes. My fingers are so tired,” Hyun Woo replies.

Ji Hyun lets go of his arm and takes his hands into hers. She starts massaging his hand.

“Feel better,” she asks.

“Yeah. You’re the best.”

She smiles and so does he. He pulls his hand out of hers and pulls her in for a kiss.

Ah Ran sets the apples on the table.

“What took you so long,” the head worker asks.

“Hyun Woo took over,” Ah Ran answers. “I cut my finger, and now he won’t let me touch anything.”

“He took over?”

Ah Ran nods her head.

“You know, I’ve worked here for thirty years now, and I’ve never seen him work before,” the head worker says. “But now he’s working so hard. He wiped the tables, and now he’s peeling apples for us. You’re changing him. Hopefully you can change his mind about Hyun Ji.”

“I doubt I can. We don’t love each other. We’re just doing this because this is what our parents want.”

“That’s too bad. I think you two make a better pair.”

“I don’t think it’s going to work out. I better go, or he’s going to freak out. I’ll be back to help set the table.”

Ah Ran heads back to the living room. There, she sees Ji Hyun and Hyun Woo sitting together on the couch. They’re both watching tv. Ji Hyun has her arms wrapped around Hyun Woo’s arm.

“Did you wipe the table,” Ah Ran asks Hyun Woo.

His head turns and sees Ah Ran. Ji Hyun’s head turns as well.

“I was supposed to do that,” Hyun Woo asks.

“If you don’t the table will be sticky,” Ah Ran answers.

She walks to the bathroom and grabs the spray bottle and a rag. Ah Ran comes back out to get ready to work, but Hyun Woo takes the spray bottle and rag away from her. He doesn’t say anything and starts wiping the table after he sprays the bottle.

“Make sure to get every corner,” Ah Ran says. “And make sure the table is completely dries.”

“Yes, madame,” Hyun Woo replies.

Ah Ran goes sit on the couch and watch the tv. There is a movie playing, so she watches that.

After Hyun Woo is done, he puts everything back and comes join the two woman on the couch, but he sits next to Ji Hyun.

Dinner time comes. Ah Ran goes help set the table, but Hyun Woo is doing it instead. Ah Ran is sitting on her mother’s chair, and Ji Hyun is sitting on Ah Ran’s chair.

“Let’s eat,” Hyun Woo says after he is done.

Hyun Woo picks up is utensils and starts to eat. The workers start to eat. Ji Hyun starts to eat. Ah Ran starts to eat.

When dessert time comes, the workers start to compliment Hyun Woo.

“You did such a good job of peeling the apples. This pie taste so good.”

Hyun Woo awkwardly smiles.

After dinner, Hyun Woo sends Ji Hyun out.

“I wish I can sleep here,” Ji Hyun says,

“Me too, but I think it’s better if you leave. If you don’t, I might not be able to sleep tonight.”

“Let’s stay up all night then,” Ji Hyun says wrapping her hands around his neck. She hops on to her tiptoes and kisses him.

“Let’s not,” he says pulling her away. “Let’s leave it for another day.”

“Okay. Good night.” She gives him one last kiss and leaves.

When Hyun Woo goes to the bedroom, the first thing he notices is the air. Ah Ran has sprayed some air freshener again. He hears the water in the bathroom running, so he knows that Ah Ran is taking a shower. He goes into the closet and grabs his pajamas. He goes out to his bed and sits there to wait for Ah Ran to come out. When she does, she is wearing a black t shirt with red pajama shorts. She has her hair wrapped in the towel, and she is still makeupless. Hyun Woo heads to the bathroom and takes a shower himself. When he comes out, he wears his usual navy blue pajamas. He is drying his hair with the towel, and Ah Ran is sitting on the bed touching her phone. Her hair is down, but still damp. After Hyun Woo is done, he goes hang his towel, and then climbs into bed.

“Are you going to sleep soon,” Hyun Woo asks Ah Ran.

“No. I’m going to wait for my hair to dry.”

Her back is towards him.

He is sitting on the bed facing forwards. Hyun Woo starts stretching and fidgeting making Ah Ran look back.

“Are you okay,” she asks him.

“Everything hurts,” he says. “I’ve been working too much. My muscles hurt.”

“Don’t you go to the gym?”

“I do, but that’s different from working in the house.” He starts rolling his shoulders.

“Do you know how your workers feel now? They have to do this everyday while you sit and watch tv.”

“But they’re getting paid.”

“Because they need the money. I’m sure some of them rather watch tv instead.”

“I didn’t ask them to come work for me.”

“Like I didn’t ask you to work for me. You were willing to.”

“Because you were hurt.”

“That doesn’t matter. I still could’ve worked.”

“If your cut is infected, mom and dad would’ve yelled at me.”

“You don’t have to take responsibility because I would’ve.”

“Mom and dad doesn’t work like that.”

“If I explained, I’m sure they would understand.”

“You’ve only started living here. You don’t know them as well as I do.”

“Sure,” Ah Ran says not wanting to continue the argument.

Hyun Woo keeps fidgeting.

“Does it hurt that badly,” Ah Ran asks.

“Yes. Ji Hyun massaged it for me too, but it’s just not working,” he replies.

“Want some pain killers?”

“No.”

“Want me to massage it?”

Hyun Woo stops and stares at her.

“You wouldn’t,” he says.

“If you’re in that much pain, I’m willing to.”

She climbs off the bed and walks over to him.

“Where,” she asks.

“My shoulders,” he replies.

“Scoot forward,” she says pushing him.

He does and she climbs onto his side of the bed. Ah Ran starts massaging his shoulder, and he groans in pain.

“Be a little more gentle please,” he says.

She does.

“You’re just making my skin hurt,” he whines.

“Take off your shirt,” she commands.

“What? Are you crazy?”

“No. I’m trying to fix your pain. Hurry.”

He starts ing his shirt and takes it off.

Ah Ran starts massaging him and he sighs.

“That feels much better,” he says.

“I used to massage my mom a lot,” Ah Ran says. “So I’m pretty good at this.”

They stay quiet for a few minutes.

“Should I stop,” Ah Ran asks.

“Can’t you do it for a few more minutes,” Hyun Woo asks.

So she does.

“Okay,” he says. “Thanks.”

He puts on his shirt and starts buttoning it.

“Massage my fingers too,” he says. “They hurt from peeling apples.”

“You’re such a baby,” Ah Ran says.

He turns around and finishes buttoning his shirt.

“Here,” he says giving her his hand.

She takes it and starts massaging them.

“Ahh,” he screams.

“What?” She stops.

“That really hurt.”

“I barely touched it.”

“Sorry. I’ll try to hold in the pain.”

She starts to massage his hand again. She handles it as gentle as she can. After she massages it, she cups his hand with both of hers.

“What are you doing,” he asks.

“My mom says warming the hands up will help it heal faster.”

She gently rubs his hand and warms it up.

“There,” she says. “If you still need to be massaged tomorrow, just ask.”

“Thanks.”

She climbs off his side and climbs to her side. Ah Ran lies down close to the edge.

Hyun Woo goes turn the lights off and climbs into bed. He lies down on his back.

After a few minutes, Ah Ran has fallen asleep, but Hyun Woo is still wide awake. He hears Ah Ran’s breath steady, meaning that she has fallen deep into sleep.

“She must be really tired,” he tells himself.

An hour has past, and Hyun Woo is still wide awake. He turns his head towards Ah Ran. She is still asleep and hasn't moved an inch. He notices the big gap between them.

“How far is she from me,” he asks himself. “Is she right on the edge?”

As he finishes asking himself that, he notices that Ah Ran is slowly falling off the bed. He quickly positions himself up on his elbow and catches her before she falls. His hand is on her shoulder. He pulls her shoulder down making her sleep on her back. She's still too close to the edge, so he scoots close to her. Hyun Woo puts his left hand under her neck to support her head, and wraps his right hand around her before he scoots her closer to him. It's as if he is pulling her into a hug. Hyun Woo removes his right arm from her. He looks down at her and notices how close they are together. This is the first time he's seen her so up close. She looks so peaceful to him. She looks so pretty to him. Without even noticing, he starts to lower his head down to hers. He is close to her, he is closer to her. He is a hair away from her. Hyun Woo stops and quickly pulls away.

“What am I doing,” he asks himself.

Hyun Woo slowly removes his left arm from under her and goes to his side of the bed. He turns his back to her and starts cursing at himself.

“What were you thinking? You don't even like her. You idiot!”

He closes his eyes hoping to forget.