Living Together

Deal? Deal.

For the next few days, Ah Ran has been helping around the house and becoming closer to the workers while Hyun Woo is lingering around the house not knowing what to do.

When night comes, Ah Ran will take the bed like usual, and Hyun Woo will take the ground. However, Hyun Woo is not enjoying Ah Ran’s sleeping habits. He would be sleeping then all of a sudden feel something hit his face. Hyun Woo takes the object away and sees that it is a pillow.

Hyun Woo grimaces and sits up. He sees that Ah Ran is still asleep, but her hands pushed the pillow of the bed. Hyun Woo sighs in annoyance and lies back down. He hugs the pillow and falls asleep.

The next day, Ji Hyun comes over. She's in the living room with Hyun Woo and his mother talking, while Ah Ran is helping So Eun.

“Why aren't you with them,” So Eun asks.

“I'd rather be here to help you than be with them,” Ah Ran replies. “I don't want to start any drama.”

So Eun is putting the already washed and dried clothes into a basket while Ah Ran is loading new laundry into the drying machine.

“This is mostly master’s clothes,” So Eun says.

“I'll take them,” Ah Ran replies.

Ah Ran takes the basket and heads to the bedroom. Before she even arrives there, Ah Ran walks past Hyun Woo, Ji Hyun, and her mother. Ah Ran heads to the closet when she arrives at the bedroom and starts to hang Hyun Woo’s clothes. She makes sure his clothes are neatly put away with no wrinkles, but she notices that the room has a murky smell to it. She doesn't like the smell, so she decides to go shopping to buy a fragrance spray. She sprays the closet, the bathroom, and a little bit in the room. After she is done, Ah Ran goes back to work with So Eun.

“Can we go somewhere,” Ji Hyun asks Hyun Woo. “I'm so bored.”

They're walking to his bedroom.

“Where do you want to go,” he asks.

“Let's go for dinner. I'm in the mood for seafood.”

“I think we can only go if I take Ah Ran with me.”

Ji Hyun pouts. “Let's just stay here then.”

“We can take her, but go our own separate way. Mom and dad doesn't need to know.”

Ji Hyun smiles. “Okay.”

“Just let me get my wallet.”

“Sure.”

Hyun Woo walks into his room and grabs his key and wallet before he comes out.

“Take my keys and wallet out to my car. Let me go get Ah Ran,” he says.

“Okay,” she replies.

The both of them leave, but Ji Hyun goes outside, and Hyun Woo goes look for Ah Ran.

“Have you seen Ah Ran,” Hyun Woo asks a worker.

“She's in the backyard with So Eun,” the worker answers.

Hyun Woo walks to the backyard and sees Ah Ran and So Eun dividing the plastic bottles from papers.

“Ah Ran,” Hyun Woo calls.

Ah Ran looks over to Hyun Woo’s direction.

“Come here,” he commands.

Ah Ran let's go of the plastic bottles and heads over to Hyun Woo.

“What is it,” she asks.

“Let's go out,” he says.

“Where?”

“Ji Hyun and I want to eat dinner, but mom won't allow us to go if you don't come along.”

“Is that my problem?”

“Come on. I just want to spend one evening with her.”

“Then go. I'm not stopping you.”

“But mom will stop me.”

“Just say that you're taking her home.”

“Mom won't allow it. Please just help me this once.”

“Fine,” Ah Ran says defeated.

“Okay, but I have some rules.”

“What is it?”

“Once we arrive at the place, you must leave us alone. We want alone time.”

“Fine. Just make it quick.”

“Okay. Let's go.”

Hyun Woo leads the way.

Before Ah Ran walks away, she waves to So Eun, and So Eun waves back.

Ah Ran follows Hyun Woo to the living room.

“Mom,” Hyun Woo says. “I'm taking Ah Ran out.”

“Okay. Have fun,” his mom replies.

“Can I at least go change,” Ah Ran asks.

“Yeah. I'll wait for you in the car,” Hyun Woo replies.

Ah Ran heads upstairs to the bedroom and changes into a light gray shirt and blue skinny jeans. She grabs her purse and heads to the car.

Hyun Woo is sitting in the driver's seat, and Ji Hyun is sitting in the passenger seat. Ah Ran opens the back door behind the passenger's seat and climbs in.

“Okay,” Ah Ran says.

Hyun Woo starts the car and drives off.

When he arrives at the restaurant, he parks his car and reaches for his wallet from Ji Hyun. He takes out some wads of cash and hands it to Ah Ran.

“You can eat here separately or you can go somewhere else,” Hyun Woo says.

“Thanks, but I don't need your cash. I have enough on me,” Ah Ran says.

Ah Ran climbs out of the car and starts walking away.

Ji Hyun smiles to see Ah Ran leaving them alone. She turns to Hyun Woo, but he has already climbed out of the car.

“Be back here in two hours,” he shouts to Ah Ran.

Ah Ran waves her hand to let him know that she understands and continues to walk away.

Ji Hyun climbs out of the car too, and closes the door behind her.

“Let's go,” she says.

“Let's go,” he says.

He takes her hand into his and walks into the restaurant with her.

Ah Ran walks and walks and walks. She doesn't even know how far she's gone, but she finds herself a small restaurant to eat at, so she goes in there. Ah Ran orders herself a bowl of creamy potato soup and a side dish of bread sticks. She thanks the waiter and eats in silence. After she is done, she still has an hour and a half left. Not knowing what to do, Ah Ran walks around and ends up at a place with many food stalls. She ends up eating at almost every single one of them. When Ah Ran has about half an hour left, she calls herself a taxi to drop her off at the restaurant Hyun Woo and Ji Hyun is at.

The car is locked, so she stands around to wait for them to come out.

Hyun Woo and Ji Hyun are eating, talking, and having a good time. They are catching up and flirting with each other, but Hyun Woo suddenly gets distracted. He is looking out the window when he noticed Ah Ran.

“What are you looking at,” Ji Hyun asks.

“Ah Ran is back already,” Hyun Woo says.

Ji Hyun looks out the window.

“Yeah. She is,” Ji Hyun says bluntly. “I wanted for us to have more free time together.”

“Don't worry about her. She won't bother us.”

They continue to eat, but Hyun Woo is distracted by Ah Ran.

When they are done, they head out to the car. The three of them climb in, and Hyun Woo drives them back to the house. Hyun Woo sends Ji Hyun off while Ah Ran heads home.

“I don't want to leave,” Ji Hyun pouts.

“I don't want you to leave either, but you should go,” Hyun Woo replies.

Ji Hyun stands on her tiptoes and encircles her arm around Hyun Woo’s neck and pulls him in for a kiss.

He waves Ji Hyun goodbye and quickly runs for Ah Ran, but she was already in the living room.

“Where did you take Ah Ran,” his mom asks.

“I took her out to eat,” Hyun Woo says hesitantly.

“Oh. That must've been nice.”

“Yes.”

“It was fine, mother,” Ah Ran adds.

“That's good,” her mom replies back.

When dinner came, everyone was sitting at the table again, but since Hyun Woo and Ah Ran went to eat out, they barely touched dinner.

Ah Ran notices that the workers were still not eating, so she walks over to So Eun and pulls her to the table.

“Eat,” Ah Ran says with a smile.

So Eun hesitates, but warms up when Ah Ran assures her. So Eun takes a bite and nods her head.

“Come join,” Ah Ran tells the workers.

They hesitate to come, but when they do, they all start to eat in joy.

“That's more like it,” her dad says. “We usually eat alone, and the food doesn't taste good at all. Now that everyone is eating, the food tastes great.”

Ah Ran smiles, and so does So Eun.

After dinner, everyone is saying how full they are.

Ah Ran has never seen them so happy. Ah Ran helps them clear the table and wash the dishes before she goes up to the bedroom.

Hyun Woo has already showered and lying in his bed on the ground.

Ah Ran goes into the closet to grab her pajama and towel before she heads to the bathroom to take a shower. When she comes out, she is drying her hair with her towel.

Hyun Woo is lying on the floor touching his phone.

After she is done, Ah Ran puts the towel on the rack in the bathroom and comes to sleep. She climbs into bed and goes under the covers.

“Turn off the light,” Hyun Woo commands.

Ah Ran flips the blanket off of her and climbs out of bed, but her toe gets caught in the sheets, so she falls on the ground with a thud.

“Ow,” she groans.

“What did you do,” he asks.

“My toe got caught in the blankets.”

She stands up and dusts her clothes off.

“How come you're always falling off the bed,” he asks.

He stands up.

“You fell of the bed the other night. You dropped a pillow on my face the other night. Now you're tripping off the bed,” he says. “Is something wrong with you.”

“No,” she says.

She goes turn off the lights. Now the lamp remains on.

“What if I slept on your side. Are you going to keep tripping,” he asks.

“I don't know.”

He moves his blanket and pillow to her side and sets his bed on the ground.

“How am I supposed to climb in bed,” she asks.

He moves aside, and she climbs in. He lies on the ground and fixes the blanket on him.

“How am I supposed to get out,” she asks.

“Use the other side,” he says.

She lies down and positions herself until she is comfortable.

He is sleeping on his back, and his eyes are already closed.

A knock on the door is heard, so his eyes immediately opens.

“Hyun Woo,” his mom calls. “May I come in?”

Ah Ran and Hyun Woo both freak out. He picks up his pillow and blanket and jumps into bed with Ah Ran.

“Ouch,” she whispers. “You kneed my side.”

“Sorry,” he says.

They position themselves to be comfortable.

“Come in, mom,” Hyun Woo calls.

The door opens, so they quickly finish positioning themselves.

“Sorry,” his mom says. “Was I interrupting something?”

“No, mom,” Hyun Woo says. “Do you need something?”

“No. I just came to tell you that your dad and I won't be home tomorrow. We have a meeting to go to and won't be home until late.”

“Okay.”

“And you know we have to leave in two weeks?”

“Yes, mom.”

“How long will you be gone,” Ah Ran asks.

“I'm sorry to say, but for almost a month. Your father's business is expanding dramatically, so we must go and help,” her mom replies.

“Okay.”

“Good night you two.”

“Night, mom,” Hyun Woo says.

“Good night,” Ah Ran says.

She closes the door behind her, and the two of them sigh in relief.

“That was a close one,” Hyun Woo says.

“I'll say,” Ah Ran says. “You hurt my side pretty bad.” She cups her left side.

“How bad,” he asks.

She lifts her shirt up and shows him her side. It turned red.

“Does it hurt a lot,” he asks.

“Yes,” she replies. “You uppercut it.”

“Sorry. I didn't mean to.”

She rubs it.

“It's okay. It'll heal overnight,” she says. “Go back to the ground.”

He climbs off and sets his bed on his side again.

The next day, when Hyun Woo walks into his closet, he notices that the air is different. It smells different. He puts on a shirt and walks out of the closet. Ah Ran happens to be fixing the bed.

“Ah Ran,” he says. “Did you buy some sort of air freshener?”

“I did. I thought the room could use some. That's fine right?”

“Yeah. I like it actually.”

“Good.”

He heads downstairs first, then she follows him after she is done fixing the bed. Ah Ran goes help So Eun again while Hyun Woo is outside looking inside the hood of his car. The engine has been sounding weird, so he wants to know what's wrong with it. As he is doing so, a hand encircles his waist. He turns around to see who it is, and to his surprise, it is Ji Hyun.

“Hey,” he says with a smile. “What are you doing here?”

“I missed you,” she replies.

“Well you know, my parents aren't home today. We can spend the whole day together.”

“Really,” she asks happy.

Ji Hyun pulls him into a hug and tightly wraps her arms around his waist.

Later that day, Ah Ran is in their bedroom mopping the floor. Hyun Woo walks in and grabs his wallet.

“Ji Hyun and I are going out,” he says.

“Okay,” Ah Ran replies.

He sets his wallet on the bed and walks into the closet to change.

“Are you sure you can go with your car like that,” Ah Ran asks.

“We're going in her car. I'm taking my car to the mechanic tomorrow,” he replies.

He walks back out wearing a white up buttoned shirt tucked into his black pants.

“I don't know how long I'll be. Don't wait up for me,” he says.

Hyun Woo grabs his wallet and heads out.

After Ah Ran is finished mopping the room, she goes mop the living room, the bathrooms, and anywhere else that needs to be mopped. Once Ah Ran is done mopping, she heads to the kitchen to see if the workers needed any help.

“Can you go to the store and buy us some clam shells,” the head worker asks.

“Of course,” Ah Ran replies.

“So Eun, go with her.”

“Yes, ma'am,” So Eun replies.

The two ladies enter the main house.

“Let me go change into a new shirt,” Ah Ran says.

“Okay. I'll wait right here,” So Eun says.

“Want to come with me?”

“No. I wouldn't dare come into your room with you.”

“What's wrong with coming with me to my room?”

“It's just, the workers don't ever enter anyone's bedroom unless they've been instructed to clean it or instructed to go in it.”

“Well, I'm instructing you to go in. Let's go.”

Ah Ran pulls So Eun into the bedroom with her.

“Want to see the closet,” Ah Ran asks.

“Oh I shouldn't.”

“You must.”

Ah Ran pulls So Eun into the closet. So Eun gapes at the sight of the closet.

“This is so big,” So Eun says. “Bigger than my room.”

“It's pretty big,” Ah Ran says.

Ah Ran rummages through her shirts while So Eun looks around.

“Master’s closet is so organized,” So Eun says. “This corner is for his pants. This corner is for his shirts. That is for his socks. This is his jewelries.”

“Yeah. It's pretty big.”

“I just have everything clustered together in my closet.”

“That's fine. At least you have a closet right?”

“Right.”

Ah Ran pulls out a buttoned yellow shirt.

“That's very pretty,” So Eun says.

“You think so,” Ah Ran asks.

“Yes. Actually, your clothes are very pretty.”

“Really? Do you want to keep one?”

“No. I shouldn't.”

“It's okay. Choose whatever you want, and take it.”

“I can't.”

“I insist.”

“Thank you, then.”

So Eun starts to walk around while Ah Ran goes to the bathroom to change into the yellow shirt. When Ah Ran comes back, So Eun is looking through her dresses.

“Did you find one you like,” Ah Ran asks.

“This one,” So Eun says.

She takes out a purple dress.

“I like that one too,” Ah Ran says.

“Oh. I shouldn't take it then,” So Eun says putting the dress back.

“No. Take it,” Ah Ran says.

She walks over to So Eun and grabs the purple dress.

“I like it, but you can have it,” Ah Ran continues.

“Are you sure,” So Eun asks.

“Yes. Take it.”

“Thank you,” So Eun says accepting it.

“You're welcome. Want to try it on?”

“No. I have to work.”

“It's okay. Try it. I want to see how you look.”

“Okay.”

“You can change in the bathroom.”

Ah Ran shows So Eun the bathroom, and she changes. When So Eun finishes, she shyly walks out to let Ah Ran see.

“Beautiful,” Ah Ran says. “The dress suits you very well.”

“Thank you,” So Eun says shyly.

“Let's go. We have to go shopping.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Second update!! I hope everyone is enjoying it so far!! I love each and everyone of you who are supporting me and reading this even my silent readers!

Shoutout and big THANKS to my subscribers: prabhuanusha     lucy59829     Completedstory      Angelus101   TedEBear
I love you all so much!! And TedEBear , hello love! I recognize your username. Thank you so much for tuning into this story as well. I really appreciate it!!

Guys, Monsta X had their first win today!! I'm so proud of them, and I'm sure every Monbebe are proud as well. Congratulations to them!! I couldn't be happier!!!