Allergic

Deal? Deal.

 

As the two ladies are happy shopping, Hyun Woo is observing Ah Ran. He's never seen her so happy before. She has a big smile on her face and talking loudly with Seol.

Hyun Woo doesn't know this, but Ah Ran told Seol everything about them. How they treat each other and what is going on in their life right now.

Seol bought the cute dress she was talking about, and Ah Ran didn't buy anything.

“Don't you want to buy something,” Seol asks Ah Ran.

“No. I'm fine.”

“Can I buy you something?”

“What do you want to buy?”

“Let's buy you a cute dress like mine.”

Seol starts to roam the store and pulls out a pink dress.

“This one,” Seol says. “I want to buy this for you.”

“You don't have to,” Ah Ran says.

“But I want to. Go try it on.”

Seol pushes Ah Ran to the fitting room and gives her the dress.

“Come out. I want to see how you look,” Seol says.

Ah Ran goes in, and tries on the dress. When she comes out, Seol smiles brightly.

“It looks great,” Seol says. “Don't you think so,” she asks Hyun Woo.

“Huh,” he asks.

He's looking around the store, but looks up when Seol calls for him. He sees Ah Ran wearing the dress. He couldn't believe his eyes. Ah Ran barely wears dresses, and when she does, she looks stunning to him. The pink dress complimented the way her hair was tied up into a ponytail.

“Ah Ran is very pretty isn't she,” Seol asks Hyun Woo.

“Am I,” Ah Ran asks.

“You are.”

“She is,” Hyun Woo says. “You are.”

Hyun Woo couldn't take his eyes off Ah Ran.

“I'll go change,” Ah Ran says.

She heads back to the fitting room.

“What do you think,” Seol asks Hyun Woo.

She walks over to him.

“Wasn't she beautiful,” Seol asks.

“Well,” Hyun Woo says. “She wasn't bad to look at.”

“Stop lying. You said she was pretty earlier. I heard you.”

“I did say that.”

“Is she prettier than most ladies?”

Hyun Woo thinks.

Seol is hoping to hear that Ah Ran is prettier than Ji Hyun, but instead she hears, “I think she looks pretty like most ladies.”

Seol grimaces and walks away.

Ah Ran comes out, and Seol pays for the dress.

“I'm hungry,” Seol says. “Let's eat.”

“I know a really good restaurant,” Hyun Woo says.

“Okay,” Seol says, “Let's go.”

They sit at a table near the front of the restaurant. Ah Ran and Seol are sitting together while Hyun Woo is sitting across Ah Ran.

“I'll have the shrimp soup,” Hyun Woo says. “And the fried lobster.”

“I'll have the steamed fish,” Seol says, “the fried shrimps, and the shrimp soup as well.”

“I'll just have the salad,” Ah Ran says. “No shrimp please.”

“Will that be all,” the waiter asks.

“Yes,” the three of them say.

“Okay. I'll be right back with your orders.”

The waiter walks away, and Seol turns to Ah Ran.

“All you want is a salad,” Seol asks Ah Ran. “Are you sure you'll be full?”

“I'll be fine,” Ah Ran says. “I can't eat seafood anyway.”

“That's right,” Seol says remembering. “You can't eat seafood.”

“Why can't you,” Hyun Woo asks.

“She's allergic to seafood,” Seol replies. “You didn't know that?”

“No,” Hyun Woo says. “I didn't know that. Why didn't you tell me,” he asks Ah Ran.

“I thought you didn't need to know,” Ah Ran says.

“I need to know. What if you ate seafood, and look, I took you to a seafood restaurant.”

“Don't worry about me. I can take care of myself.”

“We can go somewhere else.”

“It's okay, we can eat here.”

The waiter comes back and sets their food in front of them.

“Is there anything else I can help you with today,” the waiter asks.

“Actually there is,” Hyun Woo says. “Do you have anything other than seafood here?”

“What an absurd question to ask at a seafood restaurant,” the waiter says. “We do have a creamy potato soup. If not, we have a deli.”

“Bring the soup, and a ham sandwich.”

“Would you like chips on the side of the sandwich?”

“Please.”

“If there is nothing else, I'll go bring the soup and sandwich.”

The waiter walks away, and they start to eat.

“You didn't have to get me anything else,” Ah Ran says.

“You're not going to be full with just salad,” Hyun Woo replies. “Just eat when the waiter comes back.”

After they eat, Seol gets ready to part ways with Ah Ran and Hyun Woo. She hugs Ah Ran.

“I had a fantastic time today,” Seol says, “I'm so glad I met you again.”

“Me too. If we have free time again, we should hang out again,” Ah Ran says.

“Definitely. Be good to your husband,” Seol whispers the last part to Ah Ran. “He doesn't seem that bad to me.”

Seol breaks the hug.

“You have no idea,” Ah Ran says.

Seol smiles. “Bye.”

“Bye.”

“Take good care of Ah Ran,” Seol tells Hyun Woo. “She's very precious to me.”

“I'll do my best,” Hyun Woo replies.

The ride home is quiet. When they reach home, Ah Ran heads straight to the bedroom while Hyun Woo heads to the kitchen.

“Get rid of anything seafood,” Hyun Woo tells the workers.

“Are you sure,” the head worker asks.

“Yes. Ah Ran is allergic to seafood.”

“Yes, master. We'll do as you say.

Hyun Woo walks back to the living room and joins his parents. He tells them about Ah Ran.

Ah Ran puts her purse away and heads to the kitchen. She helps them work until it's time for bed.

Hyun Woo and Ah Ran has both taken a shower already. They are now lying in bed. Hyun Woo is lying on his back on the ground, and Ah Ran has her back facing Hyun Woo on the bed.

“Hyun Woo,” Ah Ran starts. “Thank you. For taking me out today. I had fun.”

“If you ever want to go out again, just ask me. I'll take you. Or ask me and I'll give you my permission to go out.”

“Thank you.”

A knock on the door is heard. Hyun Woo quickly jumps into bed, and the both of them position themselves to be comfortable.

“Yes,” Hyun Woo asks his voice shaky.

The both of them fix their position for one last time before the door opens.

“Was I disturbing something,” his mom asks.

“No, mom,” Hyun Woo replies. “Do you need something?”

“I need your help with something. I asked your dad, but he doesn't know how to do it.”

“Sure.”

Hyun Woo climbs out of bed and walks out the room with his mom.

Ah Ran is lying in bed, but she climbs out and joins them.

“I'm trying to blow dry my hair with this blow dryer, but it's not working,” his mom says.

Hyun Woo takes the hair dryer and plugs it into the electrical outlet. He turns it on, but it doesn't turn on.

“That's weird,” Hyun Woo says.

“There's a reset button that you have to press,” Ah Ran says.

“Where?”

Ah Ran walks into the room.

“Here,” she says pressing the reset button on the hair dryer.

“Oh,” his mom says. “That's all you had to do. I should've asked you instead. The boys don't know anything.”

“If you need anything else, just come and ask me, mom,” Ah Ran says.

“I will.”

Hyun Woo and Ah Ran head back to their bedroom. She closes the door behind them, and then climbs into bed. Hyun Woo is grabbing his blanket and pillow to sleep on the ground again, but the door opens, making the both of them jump.

“Thank you,” his mom says.

“You're welcome,” Ah Ran replies.

She smiles and closes the door behind her.

“That gave me a heart attack,” Hyun Woo sighs.

“Same,” Ah Ran says.

“Since it's so hard,” Hyun Woo starts. “I'll sleep on the bed with you. I'll stay on my side, and you stay on your side.”

“No. We can't sleep together.”

“Don't worry. I won't even touch you.”

He climbs into bed.

“You'll keep that blanket, and I'll keep this one,” he continues. “You keep that pillow, and I keep this one.”

“Fine.”

She pulls her blanket to her side.

“Don't cross to my side,” Ah Ran warns.

“I won't. Don't worry,” Hyun Woo says.

Hyun Woo lies down, and Ah Ran slowly lies down. She scoots to the edge of the bed and turns her back to him. Ah Ran is clutching onto the blanket and breathing slowly. Hyun Woo is lying on his back staring at the ceiling. He hasn't felt this comfortable in weeks.

That night, Hyun Woo slept peacefully, while Ah Ran barely slept.

They continue to sleep like that for the next few days until his parents leave for a business trip.

“Since my parents are gone now,” Hyun Woo says. “I can sleep on the ground again.”

It is night out. Hyun Woo and Ah Ran are getting ready to go to bed.

“I think I should sleep on the ground,” Ah Ran says. “I feel bad for taking your bed.”

“It's okay. I told you, it's not okay for a woman to sleep on the ground.”

“But I'm fine.”

“Since you feel bad, how about we just sleep on the bed together? I promise you, I won't touch you.”

Ah Ran doesn't want to sleep on the bed with him, but he won't let her sleep on the ground, and she feels bad for making him sleep on the ground, so she makes up her mind for the both of them to sleep on the bed together.

The next day, Ah Ran is hanging Hyun Woo’s clothes in the closet. He walks in and looks through his shirt. She happens to be hanging some of his shirts.

“Are you going somewhere,” she asks him.

“No. I just wanted to change my shirt. I spilled orange juice on it,” he answers her.

“Here,” she says handing him a navy blue Polo shirt. “This came out of the dryer not long ago.”

“Thanks.”

He grabs it and takes his shirt off.

Ah Ran’s eyes widen, and she turns her head away.

He pulls the shirt over his head and wears it.

“Thanks,” he says turning to her.

“Y. Yeah,” she says.

He walks away, and she sighs. She feels her cheeks getting warm. Ah Ran cups her cheeks and fans herself with her hand. She shakes off the feeling and continues to hang his clothes. After she is done, she goes mop the house. As she is doing so, Hyun Woo keeps walking past her once every few minutes.

“Do you need something,” Ah Ran asks when he past by again.

She is mopping the the hallway that leads to their bedroom.

“Uh,” he starts. “No.”

“Then why do you keep walking here?”

“Uh, because. I.” He stutters with his words.

“You?”

“I’m just bored.”

“Bored? You can go watch tv.”

“There’s nothing to watch on tv.”

“But you sure were quiet when mom and dad were here.”

“That’s because they watched the tv. I watched with them.”

“Oh? Do you want to help then? Clean the house I mean.”

“Clean the house? I’ve never done that before.”

“It’s easy and fun. Unless you don’t want to do it. You don’t have to.”

“No. I mean yes. I’ll help.”

He walks over to her.

“What should I do,” he asks.

“How about you go wipe down the tables.”

“Wipe down the tables?”

“Yes. There is a spray bottle in the bathroom underneath the sink. Grab that. There should be rags in the bathroom as well. It’s in one of the drawers. Grab one. Then start spraying the tables and wipe them clean.”

“Okay. I can do that.”

“Go for it.”

Hyun Woo walks to the bathroom and did as Ah Ran instructed. He goes wipe down the coffee table in the living room first. Hyun Woo had to remove all the items on the table first before he started to spray the table. He gets down on both his knees and starts to wipe the table. After he is done with the coffee table he goes wipe other counter tops.

Ah Ran finishes mopping the whole house. When she goes down stairs, she sees that Hyun Woo is still wiping down the countertops.

“Make sure you go wipe the desks in each rooms too,” Ah Ran says.

“Those too,” Hyun Woo asks defeated.

“Those too.”

“Is this what all the workers do?”

“Everyday.”

“Oh my gosh. I can’t do it anymore.”

“You’re just wiping the table tops and you can’t do it anymore? What if I asked you to go clean the toilets?”

“No. Definitely not those.”

“Then finish the counter tops. All of them.”

Ah Ran goes to the kitchen and helps the cooks prepare dinner.

When dinner is served, Hyun Woo barely finishes wiping down all the counters and desks.

Everyone is at the dining hall except for him. When he comes in, He sits next to Ah Ran. He doesn’t say a word and starts to eat.

Ah Ran motions for the workers to eat, and everyone starts to.

After dinner, Ah Ran helps clean the table and dishes like usual, while Hyun Woo goes straight to bed.

When Ah Ran is done, she heads up to the bedroom. There, she sees Hyun Woo already dead asleep on the bed. She notices that he didn’t even change his clothes. He probably didn’t even take a shower. She goes take a shower, before she comes into bed with him. She was right. He didn’t take a shower. Working must’ve tired him out. Ah Ran makes sure that he’s on his side, and she is on her’s before she heads to dreamland.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Shorter update, but I hope everyone is enjoying it! Please let me know how you feel in the comment box below. Love you all!!! ^^