Stitches

Deal? Deal.

They're both lying in bed staring at the ceiling.

“Tomorrow is the day,” Hyun Woo says.

“Yeah. It's really happening tomorrow,” Ah Ran replies.

“I have a question.”

“What is it?”

“Do you really want to go through with the divorce? Things are good how it is.”

“How are things good? Ji Hyun comes here everyday just to be with you. After the divorce, you two can finally be together.”

“I don't think my parents will allow us to wed. They don't like Ji Hyun.”

“That's too bad.”

“I have another question.”

“Yeah?”

“For the times that we've had together,” Hyun Woo pauses. “You won't miss any of it?”

“Of course, I'll miss it. I'll miss talking with the workers, I'll miss this house, I'll miss mom and dad, and I'll even miss you, but I'm sure you won't miss me. I won't be here to nag you anymore. You'll have one worry of your plate.” She pauses. “Let's sleep. We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow.” She turns her back towards him.

He looks as she does so. When she stops, he turns to her and wraps his arms around her pulling her close.

She is shocked, but that slowly fades away as she feels his protective arms engulf her.

“I'm going to miss you too,” he says. “I'm going to miss your nagging, and I'm going to miss seeing you pig out at those food stalls.”

He turns her so her back is lying on his arm. He looks deep into her eyes, and her eyes look deep into his.

“If you say it now,” Hyun Woo says. “Say you don't want a divorce, we don't need to sign the papers in the morning, but if you want the divorce, I'll give you it.”

“I,” she pauses. “I don't want the divorce.”

He smiles widely and takes her lips into his. His right hand cups the nape of her neck and pulls her closer. He tilts his head to the side and deepens the kiss.

Ah Ran gently wraps her arms around his middle and pulls him close to her.

After feeling the need to catch their breath, they break the kiss.

“What are you going to tell Ji Hyun,” Ah Ran asks after catching her breath.

“I'll think of something,” he replies gently.

Hyun Woo rubs their noses together making her smile. He lies down. Hyun Woo kicks his blanket to the ground and crawls into Ah Ran’s blanket. He pulls her into his arm and hugs her tightly.

The next day, Ah Ran and Hyun Woo wake up early to tell his parents that they don’t want the divorce. His parents were more than happy to hear the news.

“What made you change your mind,” his dad asks.

“We had a long talk last night,” Ah Ran replies. “After that long talk, we decided that it was best if we stayed together.”

“I’m so glad to hear that,” his mom adds.

Once the news spread throughout the house, the workers were delighted to hear that Ah Ran was staying, They didn’t want Ji Hyun coming in to boss them around. What they have to deal with was just perfect.

Ah Ran calls to let her parents know, and her parents had the same exact reaction as Hyun Woo’s parent’s reaction. Everyone was happy that they were staying together. However, Hyun Woo still had to tell Ji Hyun. He texts her, but she doesn’t reply. He calls her, but she doesn’t pick up.

“Where are you,” he texts.

No replies.

“I’m at home,” Ji Hyun texts back after an hour. “I’m not feeling well. Did you get the divorce?”

“Can I come meet you? I’ll tell you in person.”

“I’d rather you not. I don’t want you to be sick like me. Tell me tomorrow when I feel better.”

“Sure. Feel better.”

Hyun Woo puts his phone on the bed and head downstairs. He looks in the living room, but Ah Ran isn’t there.

“Where’s Ah Ran,” he asks his parents.

“I’m not sure. The kitchen,” his mom answers.

He walks to the kitchen, but Ah Ran isn’t there.

“Where’s Ah Ran,” he asks the workers.

“She’s outside,” So Eun replies.

“Thanks.”

Hyun Woo walks outside and looks around. He walks around until he finds Ah Ran clipping the long branches off the shrubs. He smiles and quickly walks over to her. Hyun Woo wraps his arms around her middle and pulls her close for a back hug.

She gasps, but smiles when she smells his scent.

“People might be watching,” Ah Ran says.

“So? I can’t hug my wife?”

“Let me go.”

He does.

“May I help,” he asks.

“If you’re willing,” she replies.

He takes the clippers and starts clipping the branches off.

“Don’t do that one,” Ah Ran says. “It’s short enough.”

“Which one do I clip off,” he asks.

“The taller ones.”

“This one is tall,” he says about to clip one off.

“No,” Ah Ran says holding onto his hand. “That’s short enough.”

“How?”

“You have to look at the branches and make the shrub look symmetrical.”

He takes a step back and looks at the shrubs. He starts to cut the shrubs and Ah Ran lets him.

“Are you okay,” he asks. “You’re not feeling dehydrated are you?”

“I’m fine.”

“Good. If you feel dehydrated just tell me. I’ll go grab you some water.”

“Thanks. I’ll make sure to tell you.”

He continues to cut the shrubs.

“You’re already sweating,” she says.

“It’s hot,” he says wiping his sweat.

“Should I go grab you water?”

“It’s okay.”

“I can’t carry you inside like you carried me.”

“I’m fine.”

She fans him with her hand.

He continues to cut the shrubs, but stops. Hyun Woo takes a step towards Ah Ran and takes a deep breath.

“You smell really nice,” he says.

“Gross. You’re smelling my sweat,” she replies.

He laughs and goes back to cut the shrubs. After they are done, the two head inside.

“Hyun Woo,” Ah Ran says. “I’m very hot. WIll you go buy me some ice coffee?”

“Sure. Want to come with me? We can go eat at food stalls.”

“It’s a date,” she says.

“Ah Ran,” her mom calls.

“Yes, mom,” Ah Ran asks.

“Let’s go out.”

“To where?”

“I want to get my nails done with you.”

“Sure, We can go. We’ll go out on another day,” Ah Ran tells Hyun Woo the last part.

“Sure. I’ll go buy you that ice coffee you want,” Hyun Woo says.

“Were you two planning to go somewhere,” her mom asks.

“We were planning to go eat,” Hyun Woo says. “It’s okay, mom. You two go. We’ll just go another day.”

“Okay. I’m going to snatch your wife away now.”

His mom takes Ah Ran away.

Hyun Woo goes change his shirt and heads out. He parks his car in the parking lot before he heads into the coffee shop.

“Hello,” the man from behind the counter greets Hyun Woo. “How may I help you today?”

“One ice coffee please,” Hyun Woo orders.

“Will that be all?”

“Yes.”

Hyun Woo pays for the coffee.

The cashier turns his back towards Hyun Woo and makes the coffee.

“Here you go,” he says giving the coffee to Hyun Woo.

“Thank you.”

Hyun Woo accepts the coffee and turns around. He is about to leave the shop, when he sees Ji Hyun. He slowly approaches her and sees her talking with a man.

“Ji Hyun,” Hyun Woo asks.

“Hyun Woo,” Ji Hyun says surprised. “What are you doing here?”

“I should ask you that. You said you weren’t feeling well.”

“I,” Ji Hyun stutters.

“Who are you,” the man sitting across Ji Hyun asks.

“And who are you,” Hyun Woo asks back.

“I asked you first.”

“He’s just a friend,” Ji Hyun replies for the man.

“I’m just a friend,” the man asks offended. “After a month we’re just friends?”

“No. That’s not what I meant,” Ji Hyun says.

“What do you mean,” Hyun Woo asks.

He was surprised and hurt that Ji Hyun had been cheating and lying to him for a month, but yet he was relieved. It was easier for him to end it with Ji Hyun.

“Who are you,” the man asks Hyun Woo angry.

“I’m her ex boyfriend,” Hyun Woo replies. “Have fun with your date.” Hyun Woo smiles and walks away.

Ji Hyun is devastated. Hyun Woo just broke up with her, but her date is smiling because he knows nothing about what Ji Hyun has been doing with Hyun Woo.

“What’s wrong,” he asks Ji Hyun. “You don’t like the coffee?”

Ji Hyun storms out and runs after Hyun Woo.

“Hyun Woo,” she calls. She grabs his arm and stops him from climbing into his car. “Let me explain.”

“You don’t need to explain,” Hyun Woo says.

“But I want to.”

“Don’t. You’re just going to waste your time. Ho Seok has seen you with that man, and he’s told me. I was just turning a blind eye for our love.”

“Please turn one again. I promise you I’ll break up with him. We can be a happy couple.”

“We’re not going to be a happy couple,” Hyun Woo says. “Ah Ran and I are not getting a divorce.”

“What?”

“We’re going to stay together. I was afraid how I was going to tell you this, but thanks to your actions, I'm not afraid anymore.”

“You’re not going to divorce her? You know, that man and I were only friends, but because of you and Ah Ran, I started to see him as a man. You started to push me away. I wasn’t feeling your love anymore, so I had to turn to someone else.”

“So it was my fault for you to cheat on me? You should’ve told me. You should’ve said I was neglecting you. I would’ve changed, and we wouldn’t be here right now.”

“What are you talking about,” the man asks.

Ji Hyun turns around and gasps.

“You were cheating on me,” the man asks hurt.

“No,” Ji Hyun says. “I mean.”

“You didn’t know,” Hyun Woo asks the man.

“No.”

“We’re in the same boat.”

The man storms away and Ji Hyun runs after him.

Hyun Woo climbs into his car and sets the coffee on the cup holder and drives off.

When Hyun Woo arrives home, Ah Ran and his mom aren't home yet, so he goes put the coffee into the fridge to keep it cold. While doing so, he takes a sip.

When Ah Ran and his mom comes back, Ah Ran immediately asks for the coffee. Hyun Woo goes grab it for her.

“Thank you,” Ah Ran says. She takes a sip and hums.

He grabs her hand and looks at her nails.

“Pretty,” he says with a smile.

“Thanks.” She takes another sip.

They head up to their room.

“I met Ji Hyun today,” Hyun Woo says. “I broke up with her.”

He closes the door behind them.

“You did,” Ah Ran asks.

“But guess what.”

“What?”

“She was with another man.”

“She was cheating on you?”

“For a month.”

“Oh my gosh.”

“But that made it easier to break up with her.”

“Well, technically, you’ve been cheating on her too.”

She sits on the bed, and so does he.

“What do you mean,” he asks.

“You’ve been with me.”

“Technically, I never cheated on her until these last few days, but that’s only because I knew she was cheating on me.”

“Those nights in bed,” she says.

“I never touched you until two nights ago. You’re the one who keeps falling and tripping over me.”

“But you still got married to me. Technically to a woman, that’s cheating.”

“She knows that this marriage was arranged.”

“That’s not how women think.”

“So if you were my girlfriend, and I got married to a woman I didn’t love, you would think that’s cheating?”

“Yes. I would feel very uneasy. What are you doing with her? Are you having physical contact?”

“She was always worried about that, but I always told her the truth.”

“I guess she was unconfident.”

He shrugs.

“This coffee is really good,” Ah Ran says.

“Good. I went through a lot of trouble after I got that.”

She takes a big sip.

“Are you done,” he asks.

She shakes her head and continues to drink the coffee.

He waits and waits.

“Okay,” he says taking the coffee away from her. “How about we put this away,” he sets the cup on the ground and she pouts. “And,” he pulls her into his arms. “Have fun.”

Ah Ran swallows. “What kind of fun? What if someone walks in?”

“I'll go lock the door.”

“No.”

But he didn't listen and gives her a kiss.

She chuckles and playfully smacks him, but kisses him back. He slowly pushes them down to the bed. All he could taste and smell from her was her coffee breath, but that makes him want her even more.

The next day, Hyun Woo takes Ah Ran back home. Their plans are to visit and bring back Ah Ran’s teddy bears back with them. When Ah Ran meets her parents again, she was more than happy to see them again. She hugs them and asks how they are. After conversing for awhile, Hyun Woo and Ah Ran takes the teddy bears back to his house. They set up Ah Ran’s mini bookshelf next to Hyun Woo’s bookshelf. They help each other mix the bears and antiques together until they are satisfied.

Hyun Woo takes Ah Ran out on a date the next day. They walk around food stalls and he buys her any kind of food that she wants. Ah Ran eats happily and continues to eat even when Hyun Woo is full.

“Let's make another deal,” Hyun Woo says. “Until we grow old with gray hair, we'll always be there for each other.”

“No cheating. No gambling. Only honesty and love.”

“I promise,” Hyun Woo says interlocking her hand with his.

“Deal,” she says slightly squeezing his hand.

He leans in to give her a kiss, but instead she shoves a whole meatball into .

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I left you guys hanging for ten yers, and I apologize for that. I've been busy with family, school, and I've been lazy as well. I just feel like I need to rest and finals are coming, so I need to prepare. Anyhow, I hope you guys liked this last update.Thank you so much for all the love and support you have given me! I love and appreciate everyone of you so much! I enjoyed reading all your comments, and I enjoyed writing this story as well! Thank you!! *MUAH*

I know some of you dislike how I'm made Hyunwoo's character, but hey no one is perfect in real life. I hope you can all understand. And like I've said before: LOVE YOU!!! *MUAH*