The Start

And so it begins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was early. Ji Chang Wook made his way to the salon to find his hairstylist who he concidentally shared with Nam Ji Hyun already working on Nam Ji Hyun’s hair for their script read that day. Nam Ji Hyun had her head buried in their script.

“Ji Hyun-ah.” He called out to her.

“Hmm?” She reluctantly looked up from her script. She smiled brightly when she saw that it was him. He smiled back at her and gave her an affectionate squeeze on her shoulder.

“Ready for the script read?” He asked, settling into the chair beside her.

“Yes! Am slightly nervous though.”

“Don’t worry about it! You’ll do great!”

“Thank you! What have you been up to, oppa?”

“Just doing some overseas press.”

“Nice trip?”

“It was ok. I don’t really get to see much actually. It’s mostly flying in, staying in the hotel, doing press and flying out. Plus it’s too much work for the team if I want to head out. It’s a little hard to go around incognito. What have you been up to?”

“Just spending time with my family. Once the filming starts, I know I won’t get to see much of them.”

“That’s nice. I wish I had more time for my omma too. First she complains I work too much and she never gets to see her son! And she complains about me not dating. I told her if I were to date with my crazy schedules, she will not see me at all! She just ignores everything I say and tells me straight-up she wants grandbabies. Lots and lots of grandbabies.”

“Mums!”

“I know right!”

“So the pressure is on?”

“Somewhat! Although, the army will give me a little breathing space. I’m sure once I’m done with that, the grandbabies request will start again.”

“Good luck!”

“Thanks! I need it!”

Nam Ji Hyun sat down beside Nara during the script read and noticed Nara fidgeting nervously.

“Are you ok?” She whispered to Nara.

“I’m really nervous. It is my first acting role.”

“Oh, is it? Don’t be worried. You’ll be great!” She reached out to hold Nara’s hand with a bright smile and Nara reciprocated by giving her a grateful smile and a tight squeeze back.

“Thank you.”

“If you want, we can run through lines together?”

“Really? You’ll do that?”

“Of course! You can come over and we can run through the lines together. It’ll be fun!”

“Oh thank you Ji Hyun! Thank you so much! That would be great!”

Nam Ji Hyun smiled brightly at Nara in response. Ji Chang Wook sat across from the two, overhearing the entire conversation and quietly observing Nam Ji Hyun with a hint of a smile on his face.

The two girls sat on Nam Ji Hyun’s bed, snacking on some chips as they flipped through the script.

“Chang Wook oppa is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter