The Confession

And so it begins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was late. The pale moonlight filtered through the windows. Nam Ji Hyun couldn’t get to sleep even though she had a full day out in the sun playing all sorts of water sports and a delicious bbq dinner with the Aluu team. It was a short getaway to reward everyone for their hard work during filming.

Around her, everyone was fast asleep. She sometimes found it difficult to get to sleep in a new environment. She pulled on her jacket and tiptoed her way out of the room and went to the patio for some air.

As she walked out, she noticed the familiar shadowy figure sitting on the patio steps, taking slow drags from his cigarette.

“Oppa…”

Surprised by her voice, he turned around quickly to her.

“Ji Hyun, why aren’t you sleeping?” Ji Chang Wook asked as he stubbed his unfinished cigarette, and blew the remnants of the smoke away from her.

“I don’t sleep well in a new environment. Why are you still awake?” She sat down beside him.

“Bang is snoring.”

The two laughed quietly in the darkness of the night.

“Do you want to go for a ride?”

“Now?”

“Yes. I don’t think I’ll get much sleep with the symphony of snoring in the room.”

“Sure.”

They walked to his bike, he pulled out his spare helmet and placed it on Nam Ji Hyun, helping her fasten the helmet securely. In the dim moonlight, she eyed him through the tinted protective glass of the helmet, her heart fluttering as it always did every time he was close to her.

He got on the bike and she got on after him, her arms finding their way around his waist with familiarity and off they went into the night. They rode along the coast and stopped in a deserted carpark by the coast.

“Shall we sit for a bit?” He asked.

“Sure.”

They walked on the little path towards viewing platform of the coast. They settled down on a bench and sat in companionable silence, listening to the sounds of the waves crashing on the coast.

“I can’t believe it’s all over. After four months.” She said, with her eyes closed, taking in the brisk air around them.

“Me too.” He said, stealing a glance at her. In the pale moonlight, he saw that she was wearing the necklace he gave her when they finished shooting. “Did you enjoy filming?”

“I did. Everyone was so great! Did you?”

“I did. I had a lot of fun filming. It is a great memory that I will think about a lot while I am in the army.”

“When do you enlist again?” She asked, even though she already knew the date by heart and had even put in a note of it in her calendar.

“14 August.”

“It’s really soon.”

“I know.”

“Are you going to take a real vacation before it?”

“I’m going to Jeju with some friends. Do you want to come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter